sharkstrangler

Hydrolyst Caps going down over time?

Question

Posted (edited)

OK, this is a bit of a niche question, but just recently (In the last 2 days) I've noticed that my Hydrolyst caps have been steadily decreasing at a rate of about 1/week. About a month ago I had 33+ Caps, then when I got back into the game after I was busy for that month, I saw that I had 29 caps. Figured I just remembered wrong or something.

Then just yesterday I did a 4x3 with a friend, and a 4x3 today, and instead of being at 37 caps (29 + 4 + 4 = 37) I was at 36.

Why and how is this happening?

EDIT: I have been noticing this happening for about 4 months now, as I definitely remember doing more than 10 3x3's with my friend when I had 29 caps. I still figured I had just remembered wrong at the time, but now I'm not sure that that is the case.

EDIT II: There are also a few other statistical issues, such as how I have far more teralyst captures than hydrolyst captures when I only remember at most 10 times when I was a low MR leeching cause I didn't understand how the teralyst fight worked. This whole thing just gets more weird as I read through my stats.

Edited by sharkstrangler
  • Woah 1

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen my caps go down but I have seen kills increase at the same time as captures. According to my character sheet, I've accidentally killed 1/4 of all Hydrolysts which I know is wrong. This appears to be a long standing bug or a fundamental flaw in the way captures and kills are recorded that has been reported many times but hasn't been publicly acknowledged to date. There is a person in my clan who has twice as many Gantulyst captures as Teralyst captures which makes no sense because if he only captured 160 Teralysts, how in the name of god did he get 350 Teralyst shards to even start that many Gantulysts?

Edited by Lolacrayola
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lolacrayola said:

-snip-

Strange. Most certainly strange. Perhaps we should submit this to PC bugs?