Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee hits not registering. Collision issue?

Neyar

I was playing various loadouts today and ran into a weird bug with several of my melee weapons. There were several times I was literally bodyblocked by the enemy in front of me, but I didn't seem to be hitting with my melee weapon. I noticed it first on Garuda's Talons, but I was trying out a new stance so I just chalked it up to that and claws being really short range even with Primed Reach.

Then I switched to my Gram Prime (again with Primed Reach, and also have a +range riven as well), but was noticing the same thing. It was more obvious this time since you more easily see the 2-handed sword graphically pass through the enemy, but not register a hit or damage of any kind. I had this happen several times in about a dozen missions, both as the host and client just in case. I finally had a blatant example on the last sortie mission and snagged a video:

I was hitting the moas in front of him just fine from farther away, and even missed two or three swings after moving beyond the stair railing (in case that was blocking line of sight). I really don't know what was causing this though. He doesn't even take damage or give the "zeros" of being immune, so it feels like something was wrong with a hitbox on his end or my end.

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to reproduce this on my end, my best guess is that because of how much range you have, you are hitting an object before hitting the enemy, so it's not registering. You are also Client in the video, so a de-sync may have happened. 

If you can reproduce this in the simulacrum for example, where there is nothing else to interfere, then I can look into it further.