Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Conservation from NW

ZeroBladeTV

First off, worst mechanic in game. A lot of players agree. Would've been better if it was working properly, but anyway...

Second, half the time the tranq hits don't register. Third, NPC hitboxes are screwed and most of the time you have to fire below them to actually hit them.

Fourth, you have no identification on different types of captures on the map, you have to jump from capture to capture to find the one you need.

Fifth, you can't enter transference when you have a tranq rifle equipped, which makes it incredibly annoying, having to hit F to switch weapons, to be able to use transference.

Sixth, don't... just don't... put challenges in Nightwave that require 'PERFECT' captures or 'USE X FORMAS', that's just a waste of time and resources.

Leave conservation for the people that enjoy it, don't force it on every one. IMO that's the worst game mode, worse than conclave and I never want to do it again. But the damn NW is forcing me to do it.

p.s. Seventh, after finishing the damn challenge, my NW XP DROPPED from 9,5k to 8,5k. That's right, I didn't get the next tier reward, it actually dropped my XP by 1k.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

First off, worst mechanic in game. A lot of players agree. Would've been better if it was working properly, but anyway...

Second, half the time the tranq hits don't register. Third, NPC hitboxes are screwed and most of the time you have to fire below them to actually hit them.

Fourth, you have no identification on different types of captures on the map, you have to jump from capture to capture to find the one you need.

Fifth, you can't enter transference when you have a tranq rifle equipped, which makes it incredibly annoying, having to hit F to switch weapons, to be able to use transference.

Sixth, don't... just don't... put challenges in Nightwave that require 'PERFECT' captures or 'USE X FORMAS', that's just a waste of time and resources.

Leave conservation for the people that enjoy it, don't force it on every one. IMO that's the worst game mode, worse than conclave and I never want to do it again. But the damn NW is forcing me to do it.

p.s. Seventh, after finishing the damn challenge, my NW XP DROPPED from 9,5k to 8,5k. That's right, I didn't get the next tier reward, it actually dropped my XP by 1k.

The mechanic is wonky but honestly not that bad.

I don’t notice any hit box issue, but I do notice a delay on impact and sleep (which I believe is intended). However the tranq gun is awful slow.

(I think you meant “third”) If you select the echo lure for the animal you want to hunt, only those icons appear on the map.

Transferance and other abilities are an issue with all three activity items. (Fishing, mining, and hunting)

I agree to leaving out the Forma challenges, but the conservation one was actually a welcomed change for me. 

If if you use the mindset of “leave it to those that enjoy it” that would mean taking out kuva survival, ESO/SO, invasions and Nightmare. They are all things other prefer to play but are “forced” on others during these challenges.

if your standing dropped, it is an issue for support, not the forums.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

(I think you meant “third”) If you select the echo lure for the animal you want to hunt, only those icons appear on the map.

Nope, if you own more than one lure (even is selected), you have to manually check starting points to find out for what animal is 

11 minutes ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

If you equip a lure, only the markers of those specific species will show on the map.

For the rest, yes there are some annyoing problems with hit register and hitboxes, and yes, it's really annoying that transference doesn't work

Just now, Myscho said:

Nope, if you own more than one lure (even is selected), you have to manually check starting points to find out for what animal is 

Not unless it has changed since the last time I went hunting.  If you are actively holding the lure when you open the map, it should only show animals for that lure.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

No, you don’t. Select the tranq gun>select chosen animal lure>look at map.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

No, you don’t. Select the tranq gun>select chosen animal lure>look at map.

I did it today, i chose Virmik lure,found starting point according to map and there was Stover poop, so i dont know

19 minutes ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

Where does your statistics come from? Its the fastest and best way to get reputation in Cetus and Fortuna without having to do those time consuming and repetitive bounties.

Second, half the time the tranq hits don't register.

Never had that issue. There is only one animal that no matter how many darts you hit it with it wont tranquilize and its one of the Condors that spawn in the plains as its not from the hunting mechanism.

Third, NPC hitboxes are screwed and most of the time you have to fire below them to actually hit them.

There is only one animal that requires you shooting on its belly.

If you select the Echo Lure with a specific Echo it will only highlight the captures of that creature on the map.

And why do you want to enter transference wile hunting?

I have no issues with the Hunting one. Doing 'PERFECT' captures is easy, specially if you use a frame like Loki/Octavia to get invisible and go very close to your target or Revenant to cast Enthrall at a distance which makes mobs not run and allows for every capture to be perfect.

Only two Nightwave missions i have issues with is the Forma and Modular weapon ones...

I don't mind having to do animal captures, I mind having to do "Perfect" captures... Since the mechanics to get perfect captures are finicky at best and you often have to try multiple times with a perfectly stealth frame (since you nerfed the ivara sleep arrow thing that made perfect captures bearable).

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

I did it today, i chose Virmik lure,found starting point according to map and there was Stover poop, so i dont know

Did you have the lure equipped, or did you have the tranq rifle equipped?
In order to limit the points that show up on the map you actually have to have the lure equipped, which means switching to the tranq rifle and then hitting "2" to pull the lure out.
If you only have the tranq rifle equipped you'll sell all of the points.

That's how I did my hunts last night.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

(since you nerfed the ivara sleep arrow thing that made perfect captures bearable).

Its barely a nerf.  You just have to hit the animal directly instead of meters away, which isn't hard if you use navigate (which also works on the tranq rifle).
The biggest "nerf" this causes is that you can no longer get 3 perfect pobber captures at a time with a single sleep arrow...but that's barely anything considering the low standing pobbers give anyways.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Only two Nightwave missions i have issues with is the Forma and Modular weapon ones..

Good news: DE Rebecca has said that the modular gilding challenge won't be coming back.
The forma challenge is here to stay though...but its not too bad since there are so many weapons that need forma.

13 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Good news: DE Rebecca has said that the modular gilding challenge won't be coming back.
The forma challenge is here to stay though...but its not too bad since there are so many weapons that need forma.

They better start releasing new weapons then because im running out of weapons to forma. :V

• Like 1

In it's current state I wouldn't miss it if they got rid of it...Now if they made it like POE where you can come across them naturally without the whole dancing around poop and playing a flute..then I would be fine with it being a part of Nightwave...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

7 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

They better start releasing new weapons then because im running out of weapons to forma. :V

I'm in the same boat...I've even gone back through and formaed most of the companions and sentinels at this point...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

In it's current state I wouldn't miss it if they got rid of it...Now if they made it like POE where you can come across them naturally without the whole dancing around poop and playing a flute..then I would be fine with it being a part of Nightwave...

My only complaint about that is how the NPC constantly pops in and says "What a waste...." and complains every single time an animal is accidently killed by a stray bullet or AOE.  Gets really annoying really quickly to have the constant complaints when I didn't even know that a Kuakka was over there near the Grineer I happened to be attacking.
And his lines are shorter than the vallis lines for killing a creature...

Edited by Tsukinoki

I'm absolutely amazed by people having problems with conservation, sure it gets really boring fast and is quite repetetive, especially the tracking part, but imo it's way more easy than most other activities.

The way I get standing:

- Take any frame, really, for kubrodons any frame is fine

- Equip Kubrodon Echo-lure, chose one of the spots on the map (usually 3 for kubrodons for me) do the stuff, with pheromon etc.

- Kubrodon appears, you see him on the map because of enemy radar (with pheromon, about 60% of the time it's an incarnate) he doesn't see you yet

- point and shoot your three darts into him, bam perfect conservation 8000 standing, takes about 1-2 minutes, repeat 3-5 times, daily standing full.

The only non perfect kubrodon capture I had so far was when he spawned right on top of me.

I'd also like to add, that so far with ivara I always get perfect captures, even if my sleep arrow lands 2m left of the animal.

Mind you I'm not saying "git gud" I'm pretty convinced you are doing something wrong, watch a video online and follow all the steps, I'm pretty sure you'll soon find this extremly easy aswell. If there is enough interest, I can upload a video myself.

EDIT: Here an example:

[media]

I understand if you don't have fun doing it though, it can be quite boring, but to that I can only repeat what many people allready said, you can savely skip about a third of the challanges and still get all the rewards.

Edited by Vethalon
Added Video
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yes please remove it. Same with mining and fishing.

I want to fight, not do redundant side activities.

You could change the mining and fishing to include fighting the bosses (Exploiter and thumpers) so we actually get to choose to fight or do the other thing.

Then skip the challenge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Who uses the tranq gun when you have Ivara kr equinox anyway? The way you go about i lt must be incredibly bad if you are struggling tk get the perfect captures. Stay down wind as Ivara and sleep arrow/ Sleep the animal and it is easy to do the NW challenge.

You don't even need stealth abilities. If you're down wind, get up high, and crouch and wait, it can be done. If you stay zoomed in with the tranq gun, the animal will flash orange, even behind terrain so you can make sure you're out of sight.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yes please remove it. Same with mining and fishing.

I want to fight, not do redundant side activities.

You could change the mining and fishing to include fighting the bosses (Exploiter and thumpers) so we actually get to choose to fight or do the other thing.

You like it or not its part of the game, i hate spy missions with passion but i wont cry for their removal. 

I'm up to a lot of things in this game but I run from conservation like It's plague. A lovely clan mate helped me with this today and is fine, when in a pinch ask your clan mates / friends , this is a co-op game.

Edited by Zephnus