Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Conservation from NW

ZeroBladeTV

6 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Fix the bugs in conservation.   Nerf the ever loving hell out of eidolons, orb spiders, sorties.   

Hunting/Fishing is an awesome way to grind standing every day without ever stepping foot in a bounty.  

So nerf some of the few thinga that bring a slight challenge to the players whom have access to them? Everything you brought up is easy ti do if you are far enough in the game and if your not then that content isnt for you. Consider telling the people complainon to get better instead of mass nerfs to already easy content maybe?

On 2019-07-31 at 7:07 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Where does your statistics come from? Its the fastest and best way to get reputation in Cetus and Fortuna without having to do those time consuming and repetitive bounties.

Never had that issue. There is only one animal that no matter how many darts you hit it with it wont tranquilize and its one of the Condors that spawn in the plains as its not from the hunting mechanism.

There is only one animal that requires you shooting on its belly.

If you select the Echo Lure with a specific Echo it will only highlight the captures of that creature on the map.

And why do you want to enter transference wile hunting?

I have no issues with the Hunting one. Doing 'PERFECT' captures is easy, specially if you use a frame like Loki/Octavia to get invisible and go very close to your target or Revenant to cast Enthrall at a distance which makes mobs not run and allows for every capture to be perfect.

Only two Nightwave missions i have issues with is the Forma and Modular weapon ones...

Fastest and easiest way to get rep, you say? And what about the people that already have that maxed? (Also, tell that to my 2000 fish).

I'm glad that you never had problems with darts not hitting, however every time I'm forced to do conservation for the NW rep, around 50% of the darts I fire never register a hit. I use Loki and stand literally almost next to the targets. And always solo, so there's no ping problems.

Every animal I try to tranq I have to aim at the feet. If I aim near the top of their body, the tranq just doesn't register the hit. Yes, I know about the one with the armored hide. (Not even to mention Sawgaws and their fckd up hitboxes).

Yeah thanks. It's not enough that you have to switch to the tranq after entering Vallis to see the spots, on top of that you have to manually WP the spot to see it on the map, while in Archwing, but now you want me to switch to a lure... That's what's wrong with it, it's many levels of annoying.

Why wouldn't you want to enter transference? A. You have default invisibility while in void mode. B. You can use Zenurik to recharge your energy for invis. C. You can recharge your archwing energy when jumping from spot to spot.

I have nothing against the whole idea. It's a cool little addition in the game for people that like it. The problem is that NW forces us to do it, otherwise we loose 4,5k XP. Ask the people that can't play every day why that would be a problem.

And on top of that we got an XP reduction per challenge...

On 2019-07-31 at 6:44 PM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

If if you use the mindset of “leave it to those that enjoy it” that would mean taking out kuva survival, ESO/SO, invasions and Nightmare. They are all things other prefer to play but are “forced” on others during these challenges.

Not really, because those modes/missions have actual rewards. Conservation gives nothing more than XP, which is useless if you've already maxed it.

On 2019-07-31 at 9:24 PM, Vethalon said:

I'm absolutely amazed by people having problems with conservation, sure it gets really boring fast and is quite repetetive, especially the tracking part, but imo it's way more easy than most other activities.

I understand if you don't have fun doing it though, it can be quite boring, but to that I can only repeat what many people allready said, you can savely skip about a third of the challanges and still get all the rewards.

I didn't say it was hard. Everything in this game is easy. It's just mind-numbingly boring, repetitive and not enjoyable at all. And has no reward. It's literally pointless to do at max MR and max rep.

Edited by ZeroBladeTV

11 minutes ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

Fastest and easiest way to get rep, you say? And what about the people that already have that maxed? (Also, tell that to my 2000 fish).

In the plains you usually find groups of 3 either Kuaka or 3 Condors, thats 1200~3600 Rep per Kuaka group and 2400~5400 Rep per group, they spawn almost instantly after you have captured a group and usually not too far away. In the Vallis it can be a bit more complicated as you dont find the animals wondering around at random and have to travel a greater distance from one to the other but its still faster to capture 3+ animals that yield over 800 Rep than complete a whole bounty. Im not fond of fishing hotspots in the Vallis, they spawn too randomly and last for too little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

Not really, because those modes/missions have actual rewards. Conservation gives nothing more than XP, which is useless if you've already maxed it.

I’ve had my standing maxed for a long time now, so I get that all it gives is tags. However my comment was more aimed at the statement of ‘leave it to people who enjoy it’. While it might not be as rewarding as arbitration or ESO, I still prefer conservation to those games modes. If your argument is because you have max standing and you don’t like it, just skip that particular challenge. That’s what I did when the “60 survival” missions came up last season. I understood there were people who like that game style and it works for them, I just wasn’t a fan of long survival just as you aren’t a fan of conservation.

Also at MR27 I can get my max standing in under 15 minutes on orb vallis by means of conservation. Having a back stock of fish is not a valid argument that it is faster. I too can fill up a SeaWorld sized aquarium with my stock.

Transference is now available during open world activities including conservation (as stated in the recent update notes for PS4 so that means you likely had it by the time this post was made if not shortly after)

The short answer is, just skip that challenge if you do not like it. It was said that not all challenges need to be completed to obtain maxed rank. There are plenty of things in NW that higher level players don’t need, but just either do it or avoid it.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

On 2019-08-02 at 8:03 PM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I’ve had my standing maxed for a long time now, so I get that all it gives is tags. However my comment was more aimed at the statement of ‘leave it to people who enjoy it’. While it might not be as rewarding as arbitration or ESO, I still prefer conservation to those games modes. If your argument is because you have max standing and you don’t like it, just skip that particular challenge. That’s what I did when the “60 survival” missions came up last season. I understood there were people who like that game style and it works for them, I just wasn’t a fan of long survival just as you aren’t a fan of conservation.

Also at MR27 I can get my max standing in under 15 minutes on orb vallis by means of conservation. Having a back stock of fish is not a valid argument that it is faster. I too can fill up a SeaWorld sized aquarium with my stock.

Transference is now available during open world activities including conservation (as stated in the recent update notes for PS4 so that means you likely had it by the time this post was made if not shortly after)

The short answer is, just skip that challenge if you do not like it. It was said that not all challenges need to be completed to obtain maxed rank. There are plenty of things in NW that higher level players don’t need, but just either do it or avoid it.

If I skip all challenges I don't enjoy, I will never get to 30 NW, since at least 50% of NW challenges are boring and repetitive. And if there was another way to get Umbra forma I would never even bother with NW. This is easily the shttiest "force ppl into mindless repetition" mechanic any F2P game has ever used.

At least the 60 survival missions actually have some action in them and you don't 'fail' them just because the wind decided to change direction.

If the challenge was to just 'finish 6 captures' /read as in NOT perfect/, there wouldn't be such a problem as you could just speedrun through the captures, not caring about the outcome, since you only care about getting the NW challenge.

• Like 2

I agree with OP, I think hunting is a pain.  It's a neat side thing to do for those that want to, but why force it?  

At least remove perfect, I never run this game mode and don't care to learn.  If it was just capture 6 animals, ok, no prob.  I can still run frame X and not have to spend an hour running Loki, ivara, Octavia, etc. when I don't want to. 

And why you guys have a problem with 3 forma?  It is so easy.  I'm a veteran 5 year players and still have tons of gear to forma.  

The modular ones are even easier and can be done for scraps building the 500 rep parts.  You can run 3-4 waves with just kit gun equipped in onslaught and be done in 1/3 time it takes for 6 perfect captures!

3 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

And why you guys have a problem with 3 forma?  It is so easy.  I'm a veteran 5 year players and still have tons of gear to forma.

I don't see a point in spending time forma-ing gear I would never use. I already have all the gear I will ever use maxed.

The modular one I don't mind, since I just build the cheapest zaw, put it on my melee slot and forget about it. Just doing the sorties and some higher level missions usually maxes it in no time.

Edited by ZeroBladeTV

Just now, ZeroBladeTV said:

I don't see a point in spending time forma-ing gear I would never use.

I already have all the gear I will ever use maxed.

I'm not arguing for it, I just don't see it as a difficult challenge.  I actually see it as the easiest one since I am always forma at least one piece of gear anyway while I run missions.  Forma bp are also very easy to enquire now, just wait for a lith exterminate and speed run it and always have one building.  

Sometimes I'll forma up something to test a riven, then sell the riven after done.  Test alternate builds, play with sentinals, etc.  There is no way I'd ever have all gear I will ever use maxed!

To each thier own.  

Just now, Educated_Beast said:

I'm not arguing for it, I just don't see it as a difficult challenge.  I actually see it as the easiest one since I am always forma at least one piece of gear anyway while I run missions.  Forma bp are also very easy to enquire now, just wait for a lith exterminate and speed run it and always have one building.  

Sometimes I'll forma up something to test a riven, then sell the riven after done.  Test alternate builds, play with sentinals, etc.  There is no way I'd ever have all gear I will ever use maxed!

To each thier own.  

If you like collecting stuff, than I understand you. However I see no point in collecting all weapons and maxing them, since 99% of them are just MR fodder. Frames - I already have all primes and the ones that still don't have a prime version.

The idea wasn't that it's a hard challenge. It just doesn't bear any meaning for people that have their main items maxed. I literally have to throw away 3 forma just for the NW challenge.

There is nothing hard in this game and that's the main problem. It's a collection-of-cosmetics game, for those that like collecting stuff, but for serious players, that want an endgame challenge, it offers nothing. Just the fact that almost everyone use the phrase "fashionframe is endgame" is the single most sad fact about the game I've ever heard. It shows how much it is focused on exploiting cosmetic sales over having actual endgame.

On 2019-07-31 at 11:42 AM, Myscho said:

Nobody is forcing you to do that, you dont have to complete each act

It's funny how this was the argument for hardcore players regarding the 1h survivals, but now it's also the casual argument regarding casual content. They're starting to eat themselves.

On 2019-07-31 at 11:37 AM, ZeroBladeTV said:

First off, worst mechanic in game. A lot of players agree. Would've been better if it was working properly, but anyway...

Second, half the time the tranq hits don't register. Third, NPC hitboxes are screwed and most of the time you have to fire below them to actually hit them.

Fourth, you have no identification on different types of captures on the map, you have to jump from capture to capture to find the one you need.

Fifth, you can't enter transference when you have a tranq rifle equipped, which makes it incredibly annoying, having to hit F to switch weapons, to be able to use transference.

Sixth, don't... just don't... put challenges in Nightwave that require 'PERFECT' captures or 'USE X FORMAS', that's just a waste of time and resources.

Leave conservation for the people that enjoy it, don't force it on every one. IMO that's the worst game mode, worse than conclave and I never want to do it again. But the damn NW is forcing me to do it.

p.s. Seventh, after finishing the damn challenge, my NW XP DROPPED from 9,5k to 8,5k. That's right, I didn't get the next tier reward, it actually dropped my XP by 1k.

Dunno who "a lot" is but the only people I've seen hate Conservation are people who A. Can't run open world missions and B. People trying to get Sawgaw floofs.

My tranq hits register half the time, provided I'm patient. Unless it's Sawgaws. Sawgaws are special kinds of evil.

Care to elaborate on the broken hitboxes? Sawgaws are broke, but Pobbers, Virminks, and Bolarolas work fine for me. The few times I accidentally nabbed a Stover it worked fine.

Pull out echo lure. Open up map. Only certain kinds of animals shown.

Press f, shoot at enemies with secondary, go back to the gear wheel. Unless you need Transference for something? Invisibility?

"Nobody is forcing you to do it".

In other words, how to miss the point in 7 simple words.

Yes, nobody is forcing me to do it with a gun on my head. But they are preying on our fear of missing out, and so far it's working. It's a predatory psychological tactic and the fact that this even has to be explained to somebody means they badly need education.

But nah, it's easier to look down on people AND miss the point. Double win, am I right?

You keep doing your stuff, Stockholm syndrome victims. We'll keep making threads about boring activities shoved inside NW.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-11 at 6:46 AM, Gofretko said:

Yes, nobody is forcing me to do it with a gun on my head. But they are preying on our fear of missing out, and so far it's working. It's a predatory psychological tactic and the fact that this even has to be explained to somebody means they badly need education.

But nah, it's easier to look down on people AND miss the point. Double win, am I right?

You keep doing your stuff, Stockholm syndrome victims. We'll keep making threads about boring activities shoved inside NW.

Nobody is going to like 100% of the challenges. There are too many players to make everyone 100% happy. They aren't preying on you by including a variety and giving more than are needed to get the 30 levels of rewards.

Lots of people enjoy conservation. Lots of people love floofs which mostly are the result of conservation.

But nah, it's easier to discount other people's opinions and miss other people's points.

Let's remove all challenges that 1 person doesn't like until there are none left! Oh wait, I mean things have to be balanced as best as possible and give multiple people multiple options.

I like conservation, I dont support removing it from nightwave as theres plenty of challenges to makeup the difference in points for skipping it.

As i've collected every badge and captured a large amount of floofs if it wasnt for nightwave i would have no reason to run conservation anymore. So im greatful its appearing as a nightwave challenge as otherwise i have absolutely no reason to ever hunt again.

On 2019-08-07 at 3:38 PM, ZeroBladeTV said:

If you like collecting stuff, than I understand you. However I see no point in collecting all weapons and maxing them, since 99% of them are just MR fodder. Frames - I already have all primes and the ones that still don't have a prime version.

The idea wasn't that it's a hard challenge. It just doesn't bear any meaning for people that have their main items maxed. I literally have to throw away 3 forma just for the NW challenge.

There is nothing hard in this game and that's the main problem. It's a collection-of-cosmetics game, for those that like collecting stuff, but for serious players, that want an endgame challenge, it offers nothing. Just the fact that almost everyone use the phrase "fashionframe is endgame" is the single most sad fact about the game I've ever heard. It shows how much it is focused on exploiting cosmetic sales over having actual endgame.

If u don't forma gear ever, then throwing away the forma is the same as letting it rot cause ur not saving it to upgrade ur gear at all, cause as u say, it's maxed

Ur not losing something I need? What's the issue? U can just buy mk1.weapons, drop forma and throw them out

If u don't like collecting then y r u collecting forma?

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

On 2019-07-31 at 10:37 AM, ZeroBladeTV said:

First off, worst mechanic in game. A lot of players agree. Would've been better if it was working properly, but anyway...

Second, half the time the tranq hits don't register. Third, NPC hitboxes are screwed and most of the time you have to fire below them to actually hit them.

Fourth, you have no identification on different types of captures on the map, you have to jump from capture to capture to find the one you need.

Fifth, you can't enter transference when you have a tranq rifle equipped, which makes it incredibly annoying, having to hit F to switch weapons, to be able to use transference.

Sixth, don't... just don't... put challenges in Nightwave that require 'PERFECT' captures or 'USE X FORMAS', that's just a waste of time and resources.

1) "i"m a very stable genius, everyone says so, everyone's talking about it" donald trump... this is a bollocks premise.  no, it's not fun, but your argument is bad.  fix that.

2) legit issue that would make this 90% BETTER if fixed.  better point.

3) same.

4) also a valid criticism

5) not sure why you would do this?  i mean sure, fix it, but i don't think i've ever been motivated to do this.

6) i think if they just made it good or better that would be less annoying... but seriously, just use ivara and get perfect every time...  not to mention< the forma thing is designed to waste your resources.  if you didn't know, now you know.  it's intentional bruh

4 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

You serious? Holding specific echo lure will show specific species

Le 07/08/2019 à 14:06, ZeroBladeTV a dit :

If I skip all challenges I don't enjoy, I will never get to 30 NW, since at least 50% of NW challenges are boring and repetitive. And if there was another way to get Umbra forma I would never even bother with NW. This is easily the shttiest "force ppl into mindless repetition" mechanic any F2P game has ever used.

Totally agree, friend. ^

Conservation is incredibly easy and doesnt warrant being removed, literally just use Ivara or Loki, you get perfect captures almost everytime. The only challenges worth removing are the forma, and ayatan challenge, as they highly push you into not using those resources until the challenges show up. Could you use them before the challenge? Sure, but youll waste a lot of time when the challenge pops up having to farm them, as opposed to just finishing the challenge immediately