Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave feedback

PakkiTheDog

For me the PvP in this game is totally unenjoyable and frustrating. Last time i played conclave was when we had the last PvP event but i decided to revisit it as i currently have nothing else to do in warframe (and the syandana looks nice). My experience:

Team Annihilation and Cephalon Capture are constantly empty although for me they sound the most fun. I tried them at different times and set the options to EU and american servers, always empty.

Lunaro is either empty or full of very experienced players that totally dominate the game. Because there are no players to play the game mode there is no balancing. These players are so good that even getting the ball is a big challenge. It's totally unenjoyable when your contribution is pretty much the same as if you'd stand in a corner and watch. I know you are supposed to play against better players, in order to learn, but with such a high skill difference it's impossible. It's like if in shooter games every enemy plays like shroud.

Annihilation is the only decent one but even this one has problems. The game is so fast with everybody flying everywhere that hitting anyone is very challenging. Also third person doesn't help much as it makes aiming even harder. You are constantly getting third partied and you die in second while the enemies take multiple shots to kill. Some melee weapons are overpowered where you see players just performing slam attacks. The range is too big, especially why would you be effected by a ground slam if you are in air. Also being hosted by players and not having a dedicated server just makes more problems.

I think the biggest problem with the conclave is what makes the PvE so good, and it's the movement mechanics. In order to get good at conclave it takes a lot of time and skill and it's hard to get better if the game modes are empty or if every time there is an experienced player mopping the floor with everybody. Either what this game mode needs is to slow down the pace or add some player balancing and it might be that neither might help, either because it would take too long for DE to make proper changes and we'd get just a band aid change or that the majority of the people playing warframe just don't want to play PvP in this game.

I did however really liked the idea someone had a while ago about making the PvP from grineer/corpus/infested/orokin side. It could keep the third person perspective (or even first...third is easier for DE tho), but the biggest change would be that it would slow down the pace a lot. You could play as different units from your faction and we could reconstruct different battles like ship or planet invasions playing out similar to battlefields operations where the attackers have to make multiple pushes on multiple objectives in order to win. It would be even possible to add some AI in the mix so to make the war look more grand. And of course adding other standard game modes like team death-match and so on. And maybe even AI controlled warframe popping in, causing problems for both sides and giving points to whoever does dmg to it? But again even this might not help PvP because we have the same problem, do warframe players actually want to play PvP or just PvE... also there would be a need for dedicated servers.

As for the people reading this post please don't be hostile as there is no need for it. If you have any frustrations or anger in your life, please don't relieave it in this thread. Of course do share your opinions but try to be civil. Thank you.

PvP has or had player-hosted dedicated servers afaik.

The issue with PvP is, or was, that DE listened to crybabies on the forums. PvP became a boring game mode which didnt offer any excitement at all anymore. The crybabies left the game and what we have left now is a left game mode. That pretty much sums up the story of PvP. DE should have deleted PvP a long time ago along with Dark Sectors.  

If Annihilation is too fast for you, i assume you never played 1st person shooters like Unreal Tournament, Nexuiz or Quake before. Besides, DE nerfed the bulletjumps, sprint speed, jump distance etc. years ago. My tip: Become a better player or even better: leave Warframe PvP alone like any sane person does. There are better 3rd/1st person shooters. Even Fortnite is better tbh.

It might be fun again if several nerfes would get reversed and/or when players were able to pick mission modifiers/game modes. e.g. InstaGib, quad jump, double speed, big head, and so on. Well, this will never happen.

I don't get the whole "Nerf movement speed because I can't aim" ideology...

Frost Freeze exists, Glaxion exists, Excal slash dash, and a lot more things like that can help slow players down. Plus, you don't have to use tracing weapons, snipers also exist if you prefer to flick aim instead of tracing.

But I do agree that slams are a little too effective. 

On 2019-07-31 at 1:42 PM, Fraank said:

Unreal Tournament, Nexuiz or Quake

Interesting should mention these, because they have the exact same problem.  A very small group of dedicated players that embraced BS movement years ago and now dump on anyone dumb enough to start playing.  Same reason these games' playerbases are about as small as WF PvP and were replaced by more accessible first person shooters.

the ttk is unbalanced as allways. conclave was fun for a while untill they nerfed everything into the ground. now u getting third partied all the time as u call it and a 1 vs 1 situation allways end up with a 10 min chase for which noone has the nerves. 

look at call of duty or csgo. an AWP in csgo can 1 shot u on body our strongest sniper rifle in warframe cant even 1 hit kill with an headshot depending on frame.

the faster the movement in a game the less time to kill is needed to make it enjoyable otherwise its just a test of patience and noone have the time and nerves for that.

conclave 1.0 was a thing back then becouse u were able to 1 hit kill on body while having super fast movement .... the dmg and speed were "kind of" balanced to each other.

ive been preaching all the time back then devs dont listen. certainly not to me or rexsol or any other oldie.

we dont need time to kill to be this hardcore fast again but it needs to be slightly lower.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

thing is that u dont play warframe for conclave anyway -> 99,99% pve so dont even bother, i doubt its going to be anywhere close to balanced and fun anytime in the future and for the games health i think its more valuable to focus on improving pve content and the one thats upcoming rather than trying to revive a dead mode, much like  the old raids tho worse in conclaves case i guess.

Conclave is the best thing in Warframe. 

I've got nearly 4k hours and only MR22 because I don't even touch PvE anymore. It's so easy and non-challenging it's just become a boring grind.

Conclave however is never boring and is pretty challenging, which is what makes it so good. 

Just because you're not a god in PvE anymore doesn't mean the game-mode sucks. You're versing actual players, not bots. 

• Like 1