Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost 8 hours worth of rewards last night

OdinsHand

As the title says, I just lost 8 hours worth of Arbitration Excavation rewards (253 digs, new WR. team went on without me to do 300 digs total), due to the bug where you cannot use any warframe abilities or transfer into operator. I was constantly reconnecting to a game as its the only way to reset my frame. Jumping off a ledge does not work, and getting killed is impractical as we were in a 8 hour arbitration excavation. Eventually, I got a message that said you have already reconnected to this game too many times, and I lost ALL rewards and exp. I have attached an end of mission screen from my squad mates, as well as two screenshots at various points in the game.

What are the chances of me actually getting anything back from DE?

That doesn't sound like a bug that sounds like like a sanity check to prevent people from cheesing missions/rewards they can't handle by dipping out and reconnecting just before the reward phase. So that aspect is likely working as intended.

That said the operator/Warframe ability/weapon lock is at this point a fairly well known bug, that hopefully they are finally able to stamp out because that scenario definitely sucks.

That, that said where the loot is concerned DE is in a bit of a rock and a hard place, on the one hand you have their policy that is pretty much "if the loot server doesn't substantiate this, we can't help you" because they have no substantive record at their disposal and on the other hand it is rather an extreme case and Arbitrations much like ESO essentially has no failure state (apparently outside of the sanity check)... but that doesn't change the fact that if they make an exception for one player they are going to need to do that for every player.

Then there is the angle of the players onus, once your game started acting up and you felt the need to risk the disconnect once, twice, three times, however many times that went on. At what point should the player have been expected to say "Look I'd love to go on but my game is just too buggy, it's time to solo extract". So there where already several opportunities to self-recover and leave with the lions share of that loot.

Hopefully there is a silver lining to this but it's going to be muddy any direction they go.

4 hours ago, [DE]Tweep said:

Are you aware of how you lost functionality? 

It happens if you change between operator and frame a lot with high ping
You get completely locked out of abilities including transference. At high lvl arbitration your only solution is to reconnect to the game.