Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller issues after Update 25.5.0

Demonbane_666

If it helps the case any, my secondary fire/toggle melee channeling is set to the A button. When I try to activate my power menu using the right bumper, all other abilities work, except the A button ability. It continues to toggle channeling or attempt secondary fire from my primary weapon.

Yep, issues with Channeling Melee taking priority over other binds it may share a button with. Noticed the controller bindings are also really hard to reassign, please take this time to make controller rebinding have no limitations, i should beable to bind any function to any key and let ME decide if its impractical, instead of the system denying a bind.

I'm having some new controller issues as well. Just tried to decorate my ship and was then locked out of any movements with the controller, but the keyboard still worked. We reformed the group and started "The Glast Gambit" quest to defeat Nef Anyo in the index and I was again frozen in place, but the keyboard worked. I have also noticed the "hyper" speed flight in the archwing also no longer works for me...it seems to stop my flight instead of speeding it up.

23 hours ago, Vorpal_Ocelot said:

Yep, issues with Channeling Melee taking priority over other binds it may share a button with. Noticed the controller bindings are also really hard to reassign, please take this time to make controller rebinding have no limitations, i should beable to bind any function to any key and let ME decide if its impractical, instead of the system denying a bind.

Yep, just separate every command and let us choose them individualy. Also, it used to allow different bindings depending on mode. You could have R1 attack on melee mode and fire your weapon on gun mode, they could make it work like this, it would allow more freedom of choice, not mentioning individual button binding. Also, let us leave a command unbinded. Few people use channeling, so allow us to NOT map it into a button.

Edited by HolySeraphin

I have a problem with channeling with my controller as well. I can't channel anymore because I usually put the channeling button on left trigger. Usually when I use melee weapon, when i press LT it's channeling and when I use guns it's aiming. But now I can't channel anymore, just aiming my gun when I have melee equipped.

Hey all,

Really sorry about this! I jumped in to investigate late last night and discovered some bad code relating to Melee Channeling had made it into our live build this week. The effect was that Melee Channel started to take priority over most other actions. Historically the default bind was left trigger, shared with Aim, which is why many of you found that Aim no longer worked. But even if you had re-located the recently-combined "Secondary Fire / Melee Channel" to a new button you may have found that it still took priority over other actions bound to the same button (such as in the Ability Menu, or other game modes).

I have now removed the offending code so things should be back to normal by our next hotfix!

Thanks,

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, [DE]Jim said:

Hey all,

Really sorry about this! I jumped in to investigate late last night and discovered some bad code relating to Melee Channeling had made it into our live build this week. The effect was that Melee Channel started to take priority over most other actions. Historically the default bind was left trigger, shared with Aim, which is why many of you found that Aim no longer worked. But even if you had re-located the recently-combined "Secondary Fire / Melee Channel" to a new button you may have found that it still took priority over other actions bound to the same button (such as in the Ability Menu, or other game modes).

I have now removed the offending code so things should be back to normal by our next hotfix!

Thanks,

Thank you for the update!

Ah, I came to report that I was having problems with my Secondary fire, which I had Melee channel attached also.

Mine was attached to my Right trigger on my XB1 controller.

Every time I selected Secondary fire, it turned on melee channel instead.

This all from this latest patch.

But I also wanted to say before that patch, it was sorta doing the same while I was in Archwing mode on Cetus.

1 hour ago, [DE]Tweep said:

@Teliko_Freedman While we are working on a more permanent solution, if you reset your controller keybinds to default (even if it is already set to default) this should fix the issue.
We appreciate your patience. 

The only problem with reseting my controls to default is the default binds are hard to recustomize afterwards to get back to my set up. I have to literally fight the system denying my binds until it finally takes...