Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[fixed] Image freeze on player spawn (3D vision)

BlackSharkfr

Hello

I play Warframe in stereo 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision.
Since today, I encouter a game breaking bug which didn't happen before.

My image freezes completely and never recovers whenever my player spawns or respawns :
- Upon login, immediately after the login screen is validated
- Upon mission start, immediately after the mission intro animation is over
- Upon player respawn (after falling in a pit and the game respawns the player in the play area)

The image freezes when I use Nvidia 3D Vision AND the 3D mode is on
(if I press the Nvidia shortcut CTRL+T to temporarely switch the 3D Vision renderer into 2D mode, then this bug does not happen and i can move around the orbiter, and/or start playing missions.. until I accidentally run out of bounds or finish the mission and forget about switchiong 3D mode back off)

The game keeps playing in the background :  I can hear the sound effects and the music playing normally, I can quit the game normally by pressing alt F4. But the image is frozen (nothing moves).
If I press alt-tab, the image remains frozen.
If I press CTRL-ALT-DEL, Windows does manage to take control of the screen again but when closing the blue screen to access the task manager the image becomes a white screen (full screen covering the desktop and any window on it) and remains frozen ; but the Alt-tab overlay now does appear and I can close the game from there.

The last time I played Warframe normally was last Sunday July 28th, in the evening (Paris Time) before the Nightwave reset. However I am not sure whether the bug is caused by Warframe's latest update or Windows since my computer updated yesterday evening as well.

I am running Windows 10 family edition.
I am currently using Windows version 1903
My GPU is an Nvidia GTX 1070 with nvidia's driver 431.36

Edited by BlackSharkfr

I found a fix to my problem : it was a driver compatibility issue

When using Windows 10 1903 and Nvidia 3D Vision, you must use Nvidia driver 425.31, which is the last official driver supporting 3D Vision.
You cannot use a more recent driver (even with a manual 3D Vision install on top of the recent driver, this little hack still worked with the previous Windows version, it no longer works now).

The game is working "normally" again (3D Vision looks good, with some buggy shaders : by the way if a dev could modify the self shadows, smoke shader, water shader, light rays, .... etc... to make them work with 3D Vision that would be nice)