Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Cipher Pack blueprints

RowanTenno

We do need consumable blueprints larger than 10x. Why make us suffer and click that damn build button over and over instead of letting us get 100 consumables per build and be done with it... Make them take longer to build... Make them cost more resources in total if that's what you feel like... but don't force us to waste time on something so petty and boring.

33 minutes ago, zioxei said:

We do need consumable blueprints larger than 10x. Why make us suffer and click that damn build button over and over instead of letting us get 100 consumables per build and be done with it... Make them take longer to build... Make them cost more resources in total if that's what you feel like... but don't force us to waste time on something so petty and boring.

It's a bait for you to click "Rush"

• Like 1

Be warned, ciphers are very limited in use. They can't be used in sorties, nightmare mode, arbitrations and even syndicate missions. I can't recall if they work in invasions either. In short, where they matter the most they won't work. 

It's far, far better to practise hacking and stop using ciphers altogether as that will only encourage dependence on them and then they will fail you when you need them.

I bought the 10x blueprint and it's been a total waste because I crafted 2 sets and haven't used any since.

1 hour ago, Oldskinzz said:

Be warned, ciphers are very limited in use. They can't be used in sorties, nightmare mode, arbitrations and even syndicate missions. I can't recall if they work in invasions either. In short, where they matter the most they won't work. 

It's far, far better to practise hacking and stop using ciphers altogether as that will only encourage dependence on them and then they will fail you when you need them.

I bought the 10x blueprint and it's been a total waste because I crafted 2 sets and haven't used any since.

They are great if you are trying to complete a rescue or spy mission in a public game where someone triggered the alarms. Although I am on console and hacking isn’t as simple as point and click on a controller.

3 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

They are useful in Eidolon hunts as you can hack lures while in Itzal instantly. They are also nice to have in some missions if you are under fire. I use them in Sabotage 2.0 missions a lot.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

They are great if you are trying to complete a rescue or spy mission in a public game where someone triggered the alarms. Although I am on console and hacking isn’t as simple as point and click on a controller.

Only in public games on normal starchart, sure.

What if some pubber trips an alarm in your sortie? Oh no your cipher can't help you now, that's my point. For that case you use air support charges with Liset 🙂

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

They are useful in Eidolon hunts as you can hack lures while in Itzal instantly. They are also nice to have in some missions if you are under fire. I use them in Sabotage 2.0 missions a lot.

I've not tried Itzal hacking, but if that works then I'll agree it's a valid use, but in missions under fire Operator void mode hacking is the best solution because it works everywhere.

And I'll stand by my point that once you get familiarized with hacking the toughest missions without ciphers, you are basically set for everything. Relying on ciphers only gets you through some content and makes you dependent on them.

• 3 weeks later...