Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Thoughts

NuclearCoffeePot

2 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Also, it might just be me, but I really don't think Nyx'es abilities should be damage based. In my eyes she's always been the "You do that for me while I watch" kind of girl. ^_^

I agree with this but your idea for drawing aggro from everyone affecte by your abilities means psychic bolts and chaos wouldnt spread as you planned

21 minutes ago, Infirito said:

I love my Assimilate though, blasting fools with explosives point blank is very fun. ^_^

If it becomes the default, I'm all for it though.

I do aswell, its like an oh crap button, and the detonation range actually isnt terrible with just stretch on. I wouldnt mind it becoming default, atleast that way id get to use mind freak more often

Just now, NuclearCoffeePot said:

I agree with this but your idea for drawing aggro from everyone affecte by your abilities means psychic bolts and chaos wouldnt spread as you planned

True, but the Chaos spread would be an augment, you can opt in to have a more consistent CC with it or forgo it and have a more direct CC with your 4. Alternatively, the agro effect can have less range than Chaos, so enemies within the radius would focus on you while stragglers would continue to spread the Chaos.

6 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Also, it might just be me, but I really don't think Nyx'es abilities should be damage based. In my eyes she's always been the "You do that for me while I watch" kind of girl. ^_^

I agree they shouldnt be completely damaged based for her specifically, but she should have some synergies that allow her minions to stomp enemies for her lol. Shes closer to that now that shes ever been. I posted some videos on a thread I made earlier, of a level 120 corpus tech steam rolling his friends in the simulcrum, was pretty funny.

One thing I was thinking of for her 4, was baruuks 1, but designed differently. With baruuks one, its channeled and all bullets and attacks go through him as long as he isnt attacking right? How about instead for her 4, Nyx can channel her thoughts into the enemies head, effectively making it so the enemies dont even know shes there. Call it mind manipulation. All enemies within a certain distance will completely ignore her, and you can make it so on screens shes semi invisible. The ability can be affected by range, and duration. A synergy could be, enemies afflicted by chaos take double damage while the ability is active, this damage boost is further amplified if the enemies are also inflicted by psychic bolts. your mind controlled minion will also draw increased aggro

Im just spit balling here but it seems interesting

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

I agree they shouldnt be completely damaged based for her specifically, but she should have some synergies that allow her minions to stomp enemies for her lol. Shes closer to that now that shes ever been. I posted some videos on a thread I made earlier, of a level 120 corpus tech steam rolling his friends in the simulcrum, was pretty funny.

That's where rad proc / agro generator on her bolts would come into play for a more directed attack, or increased agro on Chaos inflicted enemies for just more damage in general. Alternatively the specter-likes from her 1 could be directed with recasts, i.e. if you recast 1 on an affected enemy, it dies, if you recast it on another enemy, your current pawn will focus the marked one.

But yeah, I agree, having exclusively CC wouldn't really work all too well, directing damage would be both: a great help and a fitting theme for her kit.

1 minute ago, Infirito said:

That's where rad proc / agro generator on her bolts would come into play for a more directed attack, or increased agro on Chaos inflicted enemies for just more damage in general. Alternatively the specter-likes from her 1 could be directed with recasts, i.e. if you recast 1 on an affected enemy, it dies, if you recast it on another enemy, your current pawn will focus the marked one.

But yeah, I agree, having exclusively CC wouldn't really work all too well, directing damage would be both: a great help and a fitting theme for her kit.

If her mind controlled minion acted like a specter, it would probably fix alot of the AI problems she currently has, and I like the idea of being able to target an enemy for your minion for attack. Yeah if she doesnt have any damage based abilities she will end up falling back down into the boat she is now, people love there dps frames like mesa, why CC when you can make everything die in one button press?

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

One thing I was thinking of for her 4, was baruuks 1, but designed differently. With baruuks one, its channeled and all bullets and attacks go through him as long as he isnt attacking right? How about instead for her 4, Nyx can channel her thoughts into the enemies head, effectively making it so the enemies dont even know shes there. Call it mind manipulation. All enemies within a certain distance will completely ignore her, and you can make it so on screens shes semi invisible. The ability can be affected by range, and duration. A synergy could be, enemies afflicted by chaos take double damage while the ability is active, and your mind controlled minion will draw increased aggro

Something like 

Alternatively, ditch the bolts and replace them with duration based stealth. Nyx already makes enemies see each other as herself with Chaos, why not have the ability to make enemies see herself as one of them? That would negate her non-existent armour.

but for her 4? Doesn't seem drastic enough to be the final skill tbh, but mind affecting stealth would really fir her.

3 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Something like 

but for her 4? Doesn't seem drastic enough to be the final skill tbh, but mind affecting stealth would really fir her.

Yeah I was thinking of that actually, I had to edit the comment to add some more synergies in to make it worthy of an ultimate. It would definitely be a hell of a lot better then what she has now, and give her the survivability and dps she needs to compete. I just didnt want to remove or change any of her other abilities because I think the other 3 are mostly fine, just need some small changes

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

1. Psychic Bolts - I definitely preferred the old rad proc over the armor strip. It was a nice little chunk of cc that could be spammed and not removed by enemies like Nullifiers. The armor stripping is kinda useless considering there are more effective strategies that strip armor and that the ability is limited to 6 enemies max.
  2. Chaos - It's fine as is but definitely this:
    45 minutes ago, Infirito said:

The change I would suggest to the augment: instead of another bubble with obscure mechanics (wording on it confused me a lot), make it infectious like thralls of Ravenut, i.e. enemies affected by Chaos would inflict the Chaos effect on those they attack.

3. Absorb - Would be better if the augment was built in. Though an idea I think might be interesting would be to replace it with an aura like Mend & Maim where Nyx reads her enemies' minds and heavily reduce their chance to hit, crit, and apply status effects. There could also be a friendly fire element to it where missed shots hit other enemies. It might not compare to Absorb+Assimilate though in terms of survivability but it would fit her theme a bit better.
  4. Mind Control - I couldn't really think of any improvements or replacements but it definitely could use a bit of work.

The idea of using mind control to disguise herself would also be an interesting ability. Some times the most deadly things are hidden in plain sight.