Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Make Warframe Challenging Again, and A Challenge for Top Streamers

Klokwerkaos

How to Make Warframe Fun Again:

So I got together with some clan mates last night and we did two experiments for fun in WF and it really actually made the game fun and "a little" challenging.

I will state that the players involved are all MR 27 and have every frame and weapon, sometimes multiple copies of stuff.

Here's Experiment 1:
Daily Sortie, all 3
Random Loadout selected, reroll if you get any A or S Tier items (ie, no zaws/kitguns, no nidus/mesa/etc, any frame you have 5+ forma in is probably a no go, and it shouldn't be your fav frame that you know inside and out). 
All mods are Auto installed, no pre made builds.
No gear wheel or operator except for gravimag weapons (which you will probably need for eximus units).
All colors are random, all attachments are added blindly.
You can use pets but they are random and autoinstalled also.
We did say you can't add a potato if you don't have one, but changed that rule after we won, because basically one of the guys literally couldn't damage the enemies in the eximus survival at all, so next time we'll allow them.

I was proud to say I got a rank 0 dread that had a busted serration mod on it (tears). I also used Nyx, which I don't think I've ever used outside of speed leveling and playing dress up. I ended up relying on my talons because they could actually kill stuff.

Needless to say, it was pretty awesome and we actually failed the lua rescue the first time, and we had to actually use a revive or two and try to pick each other up.

Experiment 2:
Arbitration rotation C
Your warframe and 1 weapon are selected by whatever you get randomly for +300% bonus, but you have to autoinstall both and your gravimag (which again, you will need for eximus units). 
Operators not allowed.
Colors and attachments are random/selected blindly.
all gear wheel allowed, pets can have a build, otherwise they just die all the time.

We did actually fail after 20 min, but we did make it that long and it was a blast.

I strongly recommend people do these things (or similar) to revitalize their warframe experience once in a while because the game is easy enough to do this stuff, and it makes the game fun and challenging for a good minute to sorta remember what it's like to be MR 5 and stuff.

A Challenge for Top Streamers:
Team of Four Top Tier Streamers (first that come to mind are Tactical Potato, iFlynn, A Gay Guy Plays, Brozime, but could be anyone really, though I'd like to call them out specifically 😉 )

Team consists of all four streamers.

Challenges 1 and 2 are completed as a team.  Each for three days (in a row).  Stream lasts as long as it takes the team to complete both challenges.
Nobody should be practicing for the challenges ahead of time or directly coordinating with the other streamers about the project.

Each picks a charity, each gets 2 weeks to promote the event before it happens. 
All revenue from that stream is donated directly to the charity.
Each gets 2 minutes without interruption (alphabetically by channel name) at start to explain why their charity is the best charity and why everyone should donate to it.
Audio includes all team mates for the duration of the stream.

Selection of items and random generation is done on live stream because watching the nonsensical results is half the fun.

Winners are the four charities selected, and also goodwill for the participating streamers and raising awareness of the game through charitable causes.

If it goes well, maybe make it an annual thing during peak content drought.  If it works out even better than something done annually, maybe quarterly with different streamers featured each quarter.

If anyone has access to those streamers, maybe see about directing their eyes to this thread to see if they are interested as I'd really love to see this happen.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1

2 questions

How does crippling the gameplay make a game fun?There is no skill involved in Warframes core to begin with, so in the end this would be something like a personal challenge not an improvement or something different.

And how exactly will the streamers challenge help me and the rest in here cope with having nothing to do during droughts?

• Like 9

Ehh if people want to gimp themselves to make things harder do you.  But for me. I play games to relax and have fun.

If i'm in the mood ill pop in and crack skulls for laughs.  I'm not hardcore I dont use games as an ego boost.

But to each their own. If a complete a difficult form of content then it better give a useful reward.  Or it was a waste to take the action to begin with.

Wf is good to just pop in whenever and crack skulls.  Like all the dynasty warrior games.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

If it goes well, maybe make it an annual thing during peak content drought.  If it works out even better than something done annually, maybe quarterly with different streamers featured each quarter.

Just because you enjoy this doesn't mean others do. Not one thing you suggested does anything for me. It will not help with content drought in anyway, for me. I would have more fun carrying on with what I am doing - messing around for a while then playing something else. Your suggestion will cause aggravation and burnout (in my case).

• The Streamer thing, well if someone outside of DE wants to organise it I cannot object. I have zero interest in it.
48 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Colors and attachments are random/selected blindly.

Why? All this does is mean you have to play a frame you may not like, while looking terrible. Mind you, I guess there is a challenge there: the motivation to even try it. 

Dont even have to read the post to say nothing you say will be considered or done this game thrives on the communities lack of aggression towards the devs, thats why we dont get release dates, thats why we wait all year for content that last a week, and thats why there is never anything to do but hey someone here is gonna go off about how im entitled and should be gratefull and that the devs are taking their time and dont want to release a unfinished mess. Im not gonna argue with anyone just gonna say nothing will make this game challenging because no one is forcing the devs to make it so. They get more attention from hyping people up than they do the actual game play releases anyways.

26 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Causal frame makes money. Every person that wants a challenge in warframe is a clown. As long as nukers rule. You are a clown for wanting it a game that stopped being hard a long time ago. Gl op with any one taking your joke. Honk honk 🤡

Dude, the whole point is clowning around.  If you already have everything there is no reason to need to feel like a nuker god, because you've already spent at least 2000 hours in mission doing that, and if that doesn't prove that you can by that point, I think you're missing the point of the exercise entirely.

30 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Dont even have to read the post to say nothing you say will be considered or done this game thrives on the communities lack of aggression towards the devs, thats why we dont get release dates, thats why we wait all year for content that last a week, and thats why there is never anything to do but hey someone here is gonna go off about how im entitled and should be gratefull and that the devs are taking their time and dont want to release a unfinished mess. Im not gonna argue with anyone just gonna say nothing will make this game challenging because no one is forcing the devs to make it so. They get more attention from hyping people up than they do the actual game play releases anyways.

The fact that you stated you won't read it, shows how clearly you missed the entire point.  But hey, you do you.

55 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Just because you enjoy this doesn't mean others do. Not one thing you suggested does anything for me. It will not help with content drought in anyway, for me. I would have more fun carrying on with what I am doing - messing around for a while then playing something else. Your suggestion will cause aggravation and burnout (in my case).

• The Streamer thing, well if someone outside of DE wants to organise it I cannot object. I have zero interest in it.

Why? All this does is mean you have to play a frame you may not like, while looking terrible. Mind you, I guess there is a challenge there: the motivation to even try it. 

Of course not everyone will enjoy it, but the point of the exercise is to have fun and be silly and not take everything seriously.  That's why you don't pick your colors.  The point is to randomize every attribute you can, while keeping anything inherently useful and godly off the table because that kills any sense of possibility of failure. 

Frankly speaking, if you're MR 12 or higher, for the majority of players, the chances of you failing a mission if you give at least half a poop about not dying fall to zero if you have halfway decent motor skills.  The whole point is to do the opposite, to self sabatage and see if the team is still good enough with trash gear and load outs.  It's honestly not "that difficult" but it's fun to do something different when taking into consideration the monotony of always being able to win all the time.

Obviously this challenge is not for everyone... to even enter you'd have to have a huge assortment of gear that is likely not available to most players.  But by the time you have all that stuff, the possibility of failing outside of someone doing something like accidentally shooting a defense with a rad proc that one shots it is pretty much zero.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Hum... Ok?...

*Proceeds to return to the fun of being a genocidal god*

I mean sure, that's fun... for a while.  Like anything... do it for 2000 hours and it gets a little old and stale.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

11 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Dude, the whole point is clowning around.  If you already have everything there is no reason to need to feel like a nuker god, because you've already spent at least 2000 hours in mission doing that, and if that doesn't prove that you can by that point, I think you're missing the point of the exercise entirely.

The whole point is that till 1 years ago you found someone during starchart missions. Now you find 1 or 2 weird people doing nothing and you have to waste 1 minute every time...

Playing solo is an option but seriously this was a coop game, there is no fun to play solo game for more than 20 hours.

People asked DE for a decent endgame and instead they made arbitration a joke nobody wants to play anymore and extreme timegate grinding with nightwave.

It's useless to complain about something because everything will be removed, have fun with your post.

P.S:

Streamers are the bad of gaming, it should be illegal to stream about games.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

The fact that you stated you won't read it, shows how clearly you missed the entire point.  But hey, you do you.

I have nothing against the post or you I just don't belive anything we say in the forums makes a difference if we cant get the entire community to back it which never happens. That or somehow DE needs to be losing something to finally reflect on where the game is where it's going and how long they wanna make people wait to get there. Warframe is built on promises and dreams not real feedback and gameplay.

Best way to put why im on the forums at all is, I have lived to see myself change from the hero to the villain. I used to praise the game and support it but if you ever take a moment to look around you see how flawed it is and how the people that bring it up just get muted by the community who is just docile. 

Edited by S.Dust

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The whole point is that till 1 years ago you found someone during starchart missions. Now you find 1 or 2 weird people doing nothing and you have to waste 1 minute every time...

Playing solo is an option but seriously this was a coo there is no fun to play solo game for more than 20 hours.

People asked DE for a decent endgmae and instead they made arbitration a joke nobody wants to play anymore and extreme timegate grinding with nightwave.

It's useless to complain about something because everything will be removed, have fun with your post.

I think you may be projecting your stuff here.

I'm not complaining about anything.

The fact that endgame is a joke and arbitrations are so easy we could do them with random load outs that are auto installed isn't a complaint.

Obviously the devs need to fix endgame to be something that exists and it's the chief criticism of the game outside of being not newbie friendly, but that's not at all what I'm addressing.  I'm talking about doing something just for funzies.  If that idea escapes you, then maybe you missed the point of what I was talking about.

And in regards to the streamers, it's more about the charity aspect.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

I have nothing against the post or you I just don't belive anything we say in the forums makes a difference if we cant get the entire community to back it which never happens. That or somehow DE needs to be losing something to finally reflect on where the game is where it's going and how long they wanna make people wait to get there. Warframe is built on promises and dreams not real feedback and gameplay.

I understand your concern, and I don't disagree.  The point of the post however, has absolutely nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, DeathDweller said:

2 questions

How does crippling the gameplay make a game fun?There is no skill involved in Warframes core to begin with, so in the end this would be something like a personal challenge not an improvement or something different.

And how exactly will the streamers challenge help me and the rest in here cope with having nothing to do during droughts?

1) It's something random and different, and it's out of the comfort zone and the typical meta of just mowing down and nuking everything in your way with 0% chance of failure even if three people on the team are afk.  The whole point is to clown around and have a good time with it and embrace the dumb clownish nonsensical side.

2) A) it's for charity, which I'm hoping you're not against that.

B) it's something fun and different.  IF you are even someone that watches streams at all, do you 1) need to see them do the same stuff they always do or B) would it be fun to see them all get together for a good cause, clown around and have some sense of challenge as part of the game for once and have the small but possible chance of seeing them fail?

I don't know man, if it's not for you then it's not for you, but i will say my clanmates and I did it and we had a blast, more fun than we've had in warframe in years.

1 hour ago, Ahniar said:

Congrats, now do the fishing spear boss challenge to top it of 😛

I've done that before.  If you don't make your frame a random load out though, it's not inherently challenging because you can just tank anything forever and it becomes an exercise in tediously whittling down a bullet sponge.  There is no real possibility of failure, it's just monotonous.   Doing it with no defense mods might be worth trying though.

10 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

1) It's something random and different, and it's out of the comfort zone and the typical meta of just mowing down and nuking everything in your way with 0% chance of failure even if three people on the team are afk.  The whole point is to clown around and have a good time with it and embrace the dumb clownish nonsensical side.

2) A) it's for charity, which I'm hoping you're not against that.

B) it's something fun and different.  IF you are even someone that watches streams at all, do you 1) need to see them do the same stuff they always do or B) would it be fun to see them all get together for a good cause, clown around and have some sense of challenge as part of the game for once and have the small but possible chance of seeing them fail?

I don't know man, if it's not for you then it's not for you, but i will say my clanmates and I did it and we had a blast, more fun than we've had in warframe in years.

I am against nuking most of the time, i'm a melee player but i don't see how that changes anything, since the skill to actually challenge you, is still absent.

As for the streamers part, yeah charity and people watching them and all that but how does that affect people in the game?Will this give any regular player, apart from those streamers anything to do in game?How is the content drought affected in any way?

Edited by DeathDweller