Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime And Dread

Luminide

Recently,the Dread was stealth nerfed from 200% crit damage to 150% crit damage. Now let me say right away why this nerf is horrible. Dread is armour piercing not armour ignore. The crit damage used to help cope with this,but obviously not anymore. If a balance is needed between paris prime and the Dread(Dread used to be better in a lot of situations despite being the lower "tier" weapon) simply make paris prime 200% crit damage or 250% crit damage because this solves the lacking of the snipers,makes it good for high level missions where it may not one hit kill, and also plays along with DE's plan of better crit weapons. Please DE take these suggestions into consideration or even effect. 

P.S:Please change Dread back,it was one of the worst nerfs i've seen.

Dread is armour piercing not armour ignore.

Dread does Blade damage, not armour piercing. That would probably make it better than Paris Prime.

But apart from that, I agree with you. The critical damage was the only thing that Dread does better than Paris Prime. (Not counting the x3 damage to light Infested)

Edited by gundam146

Recently,the Dread was stealth nerfed from 200% crit damage to 150% crit damage. Now let me say right away why this nerf is horrible. Dread is armour piercing not armour ignore. The crit damage used to help cope with this,but obviously not anymore. If a balance is needed between paris prime and the Dread(Dread used to be better in a lot of situations despite being the lower "tier" weapon) simply make paris prime 200% crit damage or 250% crit damage because this solves the lacking of the snipers,makes it good for high level missions where it may not one hit kill, and also plays along with DE's plan of better crit weapons. Please DE take these suggestions into consideration or even effect. 

P.S:Please change Dread back,it was one of the worst nerfs i've seen.

The Dread was never nerfed. The issue you're seeing is with the UI display.

...So is Dread better than the Paris Prime?

I'm still debating to use the Paris Prime or not over my Dread...

The Dread is better if you bother with aiming at weak points and don't use Sonar.

The Dread was never nerfed. The issue you're seeing is with the UI display.

This. TS, I would highly suggest you test it out yourself, as a lot of weapons have incorrect stat values in the UI but their in-game numbers are unaffected e.g. Lanka crit rate, Twin Gremlins crit rate, Glaive charged damage, among others.