Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Major Crashes In Orokin Derelicts

PsychedelicSnake

I've been crashing in the Orokin Derelicts. However, they only occur in a particular room, once I pass a certain point (about halfway through the room).

It has happened consecutively, and has been tested (with anger) exactly ten times on the same key.

XfeUal0.jpg

The above picture is the location I constantly crash. The crash only occurs once I get toward the middle of the room, which leads to an overgrown tunnel.

This has prevented me from completing many Derelict Missions, as there are no alternative routes.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Just out of curiosity: does Warframe crash back to the Desktop or does it freeze and you have to Alt+F4 your way out?

I have had similar crashes, specifically in the multitiered room with the great big tree in the center, and with the floors as 'rings' around the tree, with staircases to go between levels. My Warframe client, when I'm in these rooms, crashes to desktop, and my display drivers crash as well, though my drivers are able to recover.

My desktop computer, which has worse specs than my laptop seems to not crash at all, but when I try playing on the laptop, a crash occurs and I'm brought back to my desktop. My brother usually plays with me using the laptop and it gets very annoying when he crashes constantly throughout the mission. This has also happened with my friend who uses his own computer.

Edit: So both computers that crashed have the i series of processors, with my friend's have i5, while my laptop has i7 3rd generation. The desktop I use has a Core 2 Quad CPU.

Edited by GaleRoar

The two times I've crashed were in this room (running multi-core on dual Xeon X5482)

1)Warframe0005_zps42ccb5ff.png

2)Warframe0006_zpsd390e64b.png

Once by falling through the wall in image #2 and the second time just being in the room. Both times Evolution Engine stayed active.

I've since update my AMD graphics drivers for the HD5870 and haven't had an issue.

Edited by Brasten

I thought this was only me having the issue.

I figured out what you need to do to get it to stop crashing though. If you already haven't done this, have Warframe run as administrator, turn the multi-threading option on, and run the game on the lowest resolution with no motion blur, local reflections, or high dynamic range. Some of those rooms are downright brutal, but this is the best fix I've come up with until that tileset gets better optimization.

Don't have a screenshot, though I should get one. In the very long room with the elevator at one end, there's a tunnel to the side covered in vines that can be crawled through to a hidden room. That tunnel has crashed my game and drivers twice now, and always causes massive framerate drops.

These vines aren't just wreaking havoc on the ship, they're wreaking havoc on video cards.