Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bought the bundle after buying the skin separately - it charged me twice for the skins

HalfwaySloth869

Question

Hello,

I had bought the new Wukong Deluxe skin (just the skin) before I went ahead and bought the bundle for the remaining items.
But I was charged the full price despite already having the skin.

Just to confirm I did the same thing the Nidus bundle as well (I already had the skin)
I would not like to charged twice for one skin please. :( 
If there is a way to : 
A - To revert these purchases and get all the plat refunded
B - To not cancel out the double deduction I have faced on two of my skins along with the bundle.

Thanks

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Yeah, this logic wouldn't work in any other game to my knowledge, or even for real life. Just because you already have a soda can doesn't mean you get a soda can removed from the six-pack you're buying, you just have the same soda. As said previously, I don't understand why you would buy items from the bundle separately if you're just going to buy the bundle in the end, as it is cheaper if done as a bundle I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on it.

I was almost in a similar position, I bought the oberon deluxe skin solo when it was on a sale but after when my plat situation improved decided I wanted the weapon skins too, unfortunately there are no discounts on bundles when you already own part of it. I would like to see access to "bundle locked" items opened once you own the deluxe skin. 

• Like 1

The better option would be for DE to make all the accessories in deluxe bundles available separately. For example: the Ember deluxe bundle has a nice Syandana that I could put on at least a couple of the frames I use. There's also a pistol skin, and hey it's always good to have options for pistol skins, right? Problem is, I don't use Ember. So it makes no sense for me to spend 225 plat for the bundle when i don't use the frame, even though it does have accessories that I would use.

Dual sword skins... absolutely no Tennogen skins available. But there are skins for them in the Loki and Saryn bundles. Do I play Loki or Saryn? No, and not really. 

I could go on and on with examples of accessories I like, in bundles for frames I don't use. The point is, from a monetisation standpoint, the bundles are poorly executed. Obviously the logic behind buying the bundle is value for money, and if you want the skin and whatever else may be in the bundle, then slap down that plat and get you some joy. But if the skin is for a frame you don't use, then it would be nice to at least be able to get what you want from the bundle.

• Like 1

Am 1.8.2019 um 14:36 schrieb (NSW)Kyroto:

Yeah, this logic wouldn't work in any other game to my knowledge, or even for real life. Just because you already have a soda can doesn't mean you get a soda can removed from the six-pack you're buying, you just have the same soda. As said previously, I don't understand why you would buy items from the bundle separately if you're just going to buy the bundle in the end, as it is cheaper if done as a bundle I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on it.

So you would pay the full price of a sixpack of soda with 5 cans in it? because you purchased the one Can of soda that is missing from there 4 hours before and decided later to buy the rest because you liked how it tasted? i mean im just saying that would be a rip off

and I have the feeling that alot of people that reply here don't play alot of other online games. One popular example would be League of Legends. If you buy a skin or a champion from a bundle you get that amount taken off from the total of the bundle.

Edited by BloodyKastiel
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BloodyKastiel said:

So you would pay the full price of a sixpack of soda with 5 cans in it? because you purchased the one Can of soda that is missing from there 4 hours before and decided later to buy the rest because you liked how it tasted? i mean im just saying that would be a rip off

Boy did you miss the boat there. He's saying you would get the entire 6 pack AND you'd have the other soda can you already have. You can't just buy 5 soda cans for cheaper instead.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:36 AM, (NSW)Kyroto said:

In destiny 2 if you buy seaweed piece of armor separately you get a discount if you buy the package with all the pieces of armor, each week there is a chance that 1 piece of armor will be available to be picked up in the game, if you happen to lose 1  week it will only be possible to purchase the armor in a package that comes with all the pieces of armor you buy with a special coin like  platinum, but you get a discount on the package if you already have a piece of armor.

13 hours ago, (NSW)nabster666 said:

Whoever keeps saying that its wrong is just being silly. Most games will deduct what you have already bought from the bundle. for example both league of legends and valorant do this

And yet, Warframe doesn't. And hasn't done so since the bundles were added to the marketplace. The bundle itself is already cheaper in most cases than the original total of the included items, and when it includes bundle exclusive items, those are considered a part of it's value. 

I do agree that there should be some notice when you buy something that's already been purchased, Especially when that item alone is worth more than the markdown of the bundle as a whole. But it's not as if this is a new thing that DE is doing in their market, It's a standing practice with them. 

If you purchase a bundle, even if you own all the things in it except the bundle exclusive items, it won't become any cheaper for already having those, you just have gained access to all the other items within the bundle. Shop the bundles first, then if nothing interests you there, just pick the item or items you want and look at the price difference. 

To whomever feels like they've lost platinum this way, I do feel for you. But I don't think this is something that's likely to change any time soon.