Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE... QOL Changes a vet would like to see in the near future

viperveteran

I have a few QOL changes that I would like to see happen in warframe. I am a pretty seasoned player and over time I have realised that there are some aspects of the game that make you work harder than you really have to. So I'd like DE to introduce some changes that would make Warframe life easier. 

1. More customisation slots (ABC + DEF) - I don't really want to build more frames or weapons just for more customisation space.
  2. 5 Lenses on one weapon/frame (Each weapon can hold one of each type of lens but only one can be active at a time) - Again I don't want to build duplicate weapons/frames for different focus lenses.
  3. Option to put complete armour sets on in one go - I think at least having the option to put a whole armour set on should be available by now.
  4. Option to organise warframe loadout slots by name or usage - Yeah uh my list is a mess now and I don't really want to rearrange 20+ frames manually.
  5. Option to go back to your dojo if you left yours to go to another player's dojo - Having to go back to the liset is unnecessary most of the time. 
  6. Add a vault icon to vaulted relics

These are the top 5 that I can think of at the moment, I am sure there are other QOL updates that others would like to see too but these are ones that are high on my list. Feel free to add or constructively criticise.

Edited by viperveteran
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, viperveteran said:
  1. More customisation slots (ABC + DEF) - I don't really want to build more frames or weapons just for more customisation space.
  • Deeeefinitely need them to be bumped up to 4 or even 5 per frame/equip on configs. I myself tend to have Corrosive for grineer, Radiation for Corpus, Magnetic for HEAVY shield based corpus and Gas for infested. Sometimes with bonus setups for more particular cheese.
  1. 6 Lenses on one weapon/frame (Each weapon can hold one of each type of lens but only one can be active at a time) - Again I don't want to build duplicate weapons/frames for different focus lenses.
  • 6 lenses is kind of overkill when there are only 5 schools. Honestly they need to simplify the system when they get around to buffing things. Just have it to where by default you can pick a school on each equip to deign what its affinity is turned to and make every single type of focus lens can be slotted in for bonus conversion gain, one per frame/weapon still, basically making regular focus lenses give a somewhat small bonus focus gain when the weapon is aligned to that same lens. If they just outright remove focus lenses or generalize them into 1 category, it could en up killing one platinum value for consistent sales in already a messed up market trade system.Though it would be nice if they were simplified into 1 category at the very least...
  1. Option to put complete armour sets on in one go - I think at least having the option to put a whole armour set on should be available by now.
  • Could be nice but, i feel like they have to do quite a bit of UI tweaking to add an extra option to select X armor set, a check to see if you own all pieces, allow the option to purchase the pieces with platinum if you do not own them all, etc.
  1. Option to organise warframe loadout slots by name or usage - Yeah uh my list is a mess now and I don't really want to rearrange 20+ frames manually.
  • Deeeefinitely would be a nice QoL that needs to occur with maybe a more friendly way to get thru my loadouts then a large single line vertical list, where due to me owning all the maximum load out slots plus ones up to MR27, turns into a annoying slog to sift thru each time i want to use a different frame or update my Alternator slot where i usually use for new frames to try out or play with ones i dont keep in the loadout list.
  1. Option to go back to your dojo if you left yours to go to another player's dojo - Having to go back to the liset is unnecessary most of the time. 
  • They certainly need to work on plenty of UI QoLs such as let us just turn in syndicate medallions on the orbiter & convert prime stuff into ducats without having to run to the relay sections. Same could be said for letting us just jump straight into maroo or darvo weekly missions. Call it rude to those particular npcs sure, but i am sure plenty of people are not fans of extra loading screens just to start a simple, old as heck mission.
  • Plus they already let us choose to go back to cetus/fortuna or the orbiter from open world maps, it would be nice if we had a option to return to dojo if we are in another player`s dojo or if we went to a relay or something else, it also had the two pick option of either going back to the dojo or going back to the orbiter. They do have the ground work for it atleast thanks to how abort mission works with open world.
Edited by Avienas

On 2019-08-01 at 2:17 PM, Avienas said:
  • Deeeefinitely would be a nice QoL that needs to occur with maybe a more friendly way to get thru my loadouts then a large single line vertical list, where due to me owning all the maximum load out slots plus ones up to MR27, turns into a annoying slog to sift thru each time i want to use a different frame or update my Alternator slot where i usually use for new frames to try out or play with ones i dont keep in the loadout list.

Well this has now been done 😁 more or less, it'd still be nice to sort by most used. 

Hopefully we can get the rest of the wishlist done 😍

Here's some QOL I want to also throw out there.

1. Vacuum passive as previously mentioned on every warframe

2. The ability to have a color template that we can save and apply to every warframe or weapon just how we can apply our warframe colors to a weapon or to attachment pieces so we dont have to go through each and every piece every time.

3. The ability to color each armor piece separate. Some times I want to mix match pieces but I don't want some colors on certain pieces because the way they are structure and the textures look different on some pieces.

4. Remove the block-out when you have two of the same mods equipped on sentinel and on secondary. It is rather annoying and redundant to have to max two sets of mods in order to use on sentinel and on secondary. 

5. Maybe allow us to equip like previously mentioned 2 secondaries or 2 primaries. 

6. Previously mentioned more loadouts

7. One button to enter operator mode instead of 2

8. Ability to change our loadout/warframe/weapons etc in the Vallis and POE at a station so we don't have to leave in case we just want to use a different frame, weapon etc. Or maybe some form of Air support charge where we can change our weapons at least. 

9. Ability to preview prime accessories in our arsenal like suggested in another thread.

10. Ability to revive our drone sentinel since they are so squishy unlike kavats, moas and kubrows

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Vacuum indeed should be automatically applied to every warframe,archwing etc as a base precept/passive built in. Just remove the mod and or change the mod to add distance to how far we can pull from. 

god yes, especially to AWs and very especially when in space then they can exchange a certain ability of a certain AW to something more usefull in combat (yes, i know it 'can' be usefull already, but sadly it isn't really this way).

another QoL addition would also be the option to directly travel into the simulacrum from your ship and also from the dojo (via menu, maybe). sure the fast travel option help a lot already when on a station, but i would rather not have to travel to the relay first, fast-travel via the menu and then again load into the simulacrum... this is not a real part of the relay-level map (only lore-wise it is), so a direct link isn't any technical problem for it - let all those who want full immersion in a game do all those thing 'manually', but those of us who did it hundreds of time already sure get tired about it...

On 2019-08-01 at 2:26 PM, viperveteran said:

Add a vault icon to vaulted relics

oh yes... idk how often i wrote about it for implement such a thing, but with every new set of relics we get it only gets more pressing - hell, i still even have many of the very first relics that i got as exchange form the old void-keys (which DE even coned me out of the amount since i had so many void-key and they somehow capped at one point). not that i'm stingy in sharing vaulted relics with the general public, i do more often than not since i'm not actively farming relics that much anymore (and still often get more new relics out of a mission than i spend in it - endless-syndrome), but i do feel annoyed by the timer pressing me when choosing another one after a rotation in an endless fissure. by now, i have to memorize a few relics i want to use i cases of rather ungratefull or lazy team mates in pug runs and only pick refined and/or vaulted ones for nice companions.

so not only for those vets who nearly drown in valuable old relics but also for those who see the whole thing more... 'economically' this filter option would mean a very big QoL addition.

might be, DE didn't implemented it intentionally to let the players accidently use up vaulted relics (and this way getting new players getting hooked up playing in hope of getting some vaulted stuff by just throwing playtime into it - which DE profit from) but i hope it's only because they lack the need for relics when play-testing the game (like they do with anything platinum related).

On 2019-08-01 at 7:26 AM, viperveteran said:
  1. Option to organise warframe loadout slots by name or usage - Yeah uh my list is a mess now and I don't really want to rearrange 20+ frames manually.

Why did you scratch out 4?  That is the most important one.  A simple ascending / descending feature would go a long way.  

1 hour ago, Educated_Beast said:

Why did you scratch out 4?  That is the most important one.  A simple ascending / descending feature would go a long way.  

You can already do that with update 25.6.2. Just use the drop down menu and select "NAME"

On 2019-08-01 at 2:17 PM, Avienas said:
  1. 6 lenses is kind of overkill when there are only 5 schools. Honestly they need to simplify the system when they get around to buffing things. Just have it to where by default you can pick a school on each equip to deign what its affinity is turned to and make every single type of focus lens can be slotted in for bonus conversion gain, one per frame/weapon still, basically making regular focus lenses give a somewhat small bonus focus gain when the weapon is aligned to that same lens. If they just outright remove focus lenses or generalize them into 1 category, it could en up killing one platinum value for consistent sales in already a messed up market trade system.Though it would be nice if they were simplified into 1 category at the very least...
  2. Could be nice but, i feel like they have to do quite a bit of UI tweaking to add an extra option to select X armor set, a check to see if you own all pieces, allow the option to purchase the pieces with platinum if you do not own them all, etc.
  3. They certainly need to work on plenty of UI QoLs such as let us just turn in syndicate medallions on the orbiter & convert prime stuff into ducats without having to run to the relay sections. Same could be said for letting us just jump straight into maroo or darvo weekly missions. Call it rude to those particular npcs sure, but i am sure plenty of people are not fans of extra loading screens just to start a simple, old as heck mission.
  1. 6 was a typo, I meant 5. Not quite sure what you mean like a unilens? I think possibly having 5 slots for every weapon, frame etc would be a lot simpler and would still net DE more platinum for those who want to have the flexibility. 
  2. I think they could follow the layout of the store bundles where you click an armour set and it shows what you have owned, from there you can click equip all
    1. what would be good as well is if we could save custom armour sets
  3. I agree but I think that maybe it would make the relays somewhat obsolete and reduce the general activity of the relays except for when baro arrives. I wouldn't say no to this but I am not sure it would happen.

On 2019-08-09 at 7:01 PM, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Here's some QOL I want to also throw out there.

1. Vacuum passive as previously mentioned on every warframe

2. The ability to have a color template that we can save and apply to every warframe or weapon just how we can apply our warframe colors to a weapon or to attachment pieces so we dont have to go through each and every piece every time.

3. The ability to color each armor piece separate. Some times I want to mix match pieces but I don't want some colors on certain pieces because the way they are structure and the textures look different on some pieces.

4. Remove the block-out when you have two of the same mods equipped on sentinel and on secondary. It is rather annoying and redundant to have to max two sets of mods in order to use on sentinel and on secondary. 

5. Maybe allow us to equip like previously mentioned 2 secondaries or 2 primaries. 

6. Previously mentioned more loadouts

7. One button to enter operator mode instead of 2

8. Ability to change our loadout/warframe/weapons etc in the Vallis and POE at a station so we don't have to leave in case we just want to use a different frame, weapon etc. Or maybe some form of Air support charge where we can change our weapons at least. 

9. Ability to preview prime accessories in our arsenal like suggested in another thread.

10. Ability to revive our drone sentinel since they are so squishy unlike kavats, moas and kubrows

1. Not a bad idea not really much to object to with that.
  2. I really like this idea and was thinking the same previously a good QOL 
  3. same as 2
  4. I am not too bothered by having to have two mod sets but I don't like having to go through the whole "you are using conflicting mods" etc pop up everytime. It should just auto-resolve all the time. 
  5. I think it would be difficult to implement bring two of each weapon type to the mission, it would probably be really clunky
  6. No argument here
  7. I think macros can help with the operator mode issue
  8. I was thinking this too... It would be nice especially when you are out in an open world for a while and you want to switch tasks from fishing to mining to doing missions or you just load in with the wrong one.  
  9. no objections
  10. Yes indeed, it is difficult to have a sentinel with a melee build because they just die.

5 hours ago, D_Caedus said:

Option to favourite Equipment: Weapons, Warframes, Companions, etc.

So we can sort to show those first.

1. a variation on what I suggested but this would be great also. 

An opt out button for the new UI changes to load outs for those that preferred the nice clean vertical list of names as opposed to confusing cluttered images.

Or better yet an opt-out button for "any" UI changes people do not enjoy.

Edited by Aesthier