Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod: Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired

Dabios

2 minutes ago, Dabios said:

The Mod "Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired" does not work with the two hand nikana "Tatsu".

Where does it say that it is meant to? The Tatsu is not a nikana. It doesn’t use a Nikana stance, so why should it get the Nikana exclusive bonus?

5 minutes ago, Dabios said:

in the name "Two-Handed Nikana"

Ah well, you missed the point. A two-handed sword is not the same thing as a one-handed sword. A two-handed Nikana is not the same as a one-handed Nikana.

• The question I want you to answer: what does the Tatsu’s only stance mod say it is for? Next try and stick it on a Nikana (not Tatsu). 

The mod only applies to the weapons that use a Nikana stance, the Tatsu does not. The Tatsu uses a ‘Two-Handed Nikana’ stance, so you do not get the life-steal.

• Note: I do agree that DE probably should let it function with Two-Handed Nikanas. The fact it currently doesn’t is not a bug though.
Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

Just now, krc473 said:

Ah well, you missed the point. A two-handed sword is not the same thing as a one-handed sword. A two-handed Nikana is not the same as a one-handed Nikana.

• The question I want you to answer: what does the Tatsu’s only stance mod say it is for? Next try and stick it on a Nikana (not Tatsu). 

The mod only applies to the weapons that use a Nikana stance, the Tatsu does not. The Tatsu uses a ‘Two-Handed Nikana’ stance, so you do not get the life-steal.

Actually the mod destription tells you it is for nikanas. 

So you trying to explane that a two handed nikana is not a nikana.

Just now, Dabios said:

You are taking it far too literally. You are reading the description and ignoring how it functions. The buff is not applied based on a weapon’s name or description, it should be applied based on the stance type (well, weapon class). One-handed Nikanas and Two-handed Nikanas require different stances as they are different classes. Because they are different classes the Amalgum mod does not apply to Tatsu. 

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You are taking it far too literally. You are reading the description and ignoring how it functions. The buff is not applied based on a weapon’s name or description, it should be applied based on the stance type (well, weapon class). One-handed Nikanas and Two-handed Nikanas require different stances as they are different classes. Because they are different classes the Amalgum mod does not apply to Tatsu. 

That would be a  nice try for a explanation or we take it how it is, DE just forgot about that so it is not a bug. You sould be happy with that.

That is btw not a bad thing and not the first one in the history, no need to find something to defend it.

You pointing on the stance but it is still a "nikana", the bonus calls out nikanas. 

29 minutes ago, Dabios said:

You pointing on the stance but it is still a "nikana", the bonus calls out nikanas. 

You can view it however you like. But this mod has been around long enough now that it would have been picked up - DE forgot to make Zaw Nikanas work with it. If the intention was for Tatsu to work, they surely would have noticed then. 

• Lets not forgot, you are not the first person to notice or post about this.

I see you are just going to ignore whatever I say, so there is little point me bothering. 

Edited by krc473

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You can view it however you like. But this mod has been around long enough now that it would have been picked up - DE forgot to make Zaw Nikanas work with it. If the intention was for Tatsu to work, they surely would have noticed then. 

• Lets not forgot, you are not the first person to notice or post about this.

I see you are just going to ignore whatever I say, so there is little point me bothering. 

Even if it works like they want it to it is still wrong. If it is meant that way then they have to change the wrong mod description from nikanas in somehting like small nikanas, one handed nikanas or change the weapon class to Nodachi.

1 hour ago, Dabios said:

The "MOD Description" strongly implies to that specific weapon type and musn't be confused due to its very weapon name. How would you feel (for example) if a dual sword-stance MOD attached to a sword-type weaponry? 

4 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

The "MOD Description" strongly implies to that specific weapon type and musn't be confused due to its very weapon name. How would you feel (for example) if a dual sword-stance MOD attached to a sword-type weaponry? 

If you want to give another example then we should take one which is almost equal.

Let us say the mod Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired does not say "nikanas" iinstead it says "swords".

That means the effect calls out on every sword and would also effect two handed swords, but hold on surprise, they are called Heavy Blade.

And yes ofc if we speak from swords it would also take effect on dual swords, but dual nikanas just do not exist.

8 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

latest?cb=20180217184728

^Doesn't work on dual daggers. It's already a well established method of differentiating weapon types.

Same thing. Dual nikanas do not exist and two handed daggers also.

But if the mod Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired would say daggers, it calls out all daggers. Also dual daggers or two handed daggers when they would exist.

Just now, Dabios said:

Same thing. Dual nikanas do not exist and two handed daggers also.

But if the mod Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired would say daggers, it calls out all daggers. Also dual daggers or two handed daggers when they would exist.

It doesn't matter if they're two handed or dual wield, they're both equally not the correct weapon type.

Nikanas use Nikana stance mods, Two-handed Nikanas use Two-handed Nikana stance mods.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It doesn't matter if they're two handed or dual wield, they're both equally not the correct weapon type.

Nikanas use Nikana stance mods, Two-handed Nikanas use Two-handed Nikana stance mods.

Ferock came up with the idea to make an example with stance mods what just complicates it.

If ithe stance say two handed nikana it is clearly not usable for one handed nikanas. This results in that the mod stance called nikana is meant for the one handend. not a nice solution if we look at the sword type: heavy blade vs sword.

But if whe speak from a benefit mod like then we speak from daggers, swords,... the whole category. 

Dual Weapons are btw dancing on the borderline between. dual daggers are just two daggers. a stance for dual daggers works only for them bc you will have a different fight style. but a benefit mod that calls out daggers is meant to be for daggers, dual daggers or single dagger.

Edit:

This is fishi and people just going with it.

Edited by Dabios

5 minutes ago, Dabios said:

Ferock came up with the idea to make an example with stance mods what just complicates it.

yeah my bad ... ^^

and reading your first post, I stand to your side for stances have nothing to do with what benefit attained from that MOD. It sure is debatable.