Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compilation of all known Codex Issues

BahamutVoid

I've spent the best part of two days creating a spreadsheet to crosscheck the entries in my codex with the entries on my profile. Then, I've been scouring the wiki and other profiles to create a list of problems with the current codex.
(DE pls fix my OCD)

Missing from the Game: Artificer + Carabus, Datalyst + Nemes, Nightwatch Carrier, Nightwatch Reaver, J3 Jordas Golem (pre-rework), Infested Tumor (Jordas Verdict), Misery
Missing from the Codex but in the Profile: All scannable plants, Black Seed Operative, Guardsman Eximus
Missing from the Profile but in the Codex: All Ayatans Sculptures (+Stars), Prosecutor
Missing Category: Clem, Devotee, Hacked Drone, Ghoul Expired Deserter
Missing Altogether: Attack Drone (Non-archwing), Coildrive, Mite Raknoid, Spectralyst, Thermic Raknoid, Vapos Bioengineer, Vapos Detron Ranger (+Eximus), Vapos Nullifier Ranger (+Eximus), Vapos Sniper Ranger (+Eximus), Vapos Tech Ranger (+Eximus), Almost every conservation target & the pre-rework animals (except the original 3 that came with Fortuna and their variants)

Codex Bugs:
Security Camera (Enemy) shares its scans with the object version and only one of them appears in the Profile.
Tusk Predator has a duplicate entry that, judging by its scan requirement, is supposed to be an Exmius variant. 
Vapos Condor Dropship and Vapos Aquila don't spawn anymore since an unknown update, and Vapos Condor Elite Dropship seems to have never been able to spawn.
Vapos Detron Ranger wields an Arca Plasmor so shouldn't it just be Vapos Ranger? Cos we don't have one of those but we do have a Vapos Elite Ranger.
Bailiff Eximus and just Bailiffs in general seem to have an unnaturally low spawn rate. They're supposed to be the Grineer version of the Bursa but they almost never spawn, and cannot even spawn in Mobile Defense.
Same goes for Eximus versions of Vapos Prod Crewman and Sapping Osprey because they only spawn below a certain level threshold, so you have to abuse the invisible Conclave rating to get to spawn at all.
Vallis version of the Jackal (+Eximus) doesn't have the Terra prefix to keep it in line with Terra Ambulas and similar. The duplicate Power Carrier is also missing the prefix.
There are many entires that are missable unless you join another player that hasn't encountered them yet. Including Infested Mesa, all 3 Tomb enemies, pre-Second Dream Stalker, etc.
The Hyena Pack and The Raptor have their own codex spots which require abusing their spawn mechanics to get their bugged entries.
Also this is hard to confirm but the Reinforced Orokin Storage Container doesn't seem able to spawn anymore, only the normal and rare variant.
Red Spectralysts are misnamed Demolyst in the codex and the blue non-Demolyst spawned one is missing altogether.
Pobber have the Prey faction and Vermink have the Predator faction instead of Neutral. Additionally either the Category should be called Neutral instead of Unaffiliated or everything in the category has the wrong faction.
Ayatan Anasa Sculpture is missing a codex entry, which should probably be awarded when you earn one from a sortie. It is also impossible to chat-link.
Hotfix 25.0.6 failed to fix the Vapos Bioengineers missing from the Codex.

I'm going to conserve the new Venus animals to see if their scans go into the codex, will update once I'm certain.
I've only been playing a year so there might be even more missing codex issues so please mention them here.
And does anyone know if there is a specific dev that can be pinged for these issues? The codex seems to be largely ignored which is odd considering their push for scans with either the NW challenges or the new Simaris rewards.

• Like 2

Considering how much of the game's lore is in codex entries, it's really bad that DE have let it get this messy. Hope they fix it soon!

Also, thanks for compiling this is such a readable format - looking through profile scans makes my eyes go funny after a while!

I'll update here rather than making the original list even longer than it is.
All Orb Vallis conservation targets have correct entries, even if the Sawgaw has a horrible hitbox that either makes it impossible to scan even when standing right next to it or it just falls through the mushroom and can't be scanned or collected. All Plains conservations targets still won't count towards codex progress and they have duplicate entries for the pre-rework animals.

The following information is supported by DE's official droptables. These are in addition to those in the first post.
Missing from the Game: Frontier Bailiff (At least add them into Earth missions where the levels are higher. For example: Endless, Arbitration, Sortie, Kuva Flood.)
Missing Altogether: Ancient Infested/Infested Corpus/Infested Grineer (They have separate drops from the Lephantis), Armored Roller (Kela Assassination), Attack Mutalist/Mutalist Lightning Carrier/Mutalist Toxic Carrier (Jordas Golem Assassination), Ayatan Valana Sculpture (Unlike the others this one is not counted in the Codex), Bailiff Defector (Emergency Exit), Cannon Battery (not sure where this spawns), Courier (Archwing Pursuit), Disruptor Drone (Law of Retribution), Eradicysts/Hunhow (Octavia's Anthem), Jack O'Naut (Hallowed Nightmares), K-Drive? (This has a droptable, explain please), Kuva Drahk (Maybe Hyekka too), Nervo (yes, the ones from the Closed Beta), Observation Drone (Zero clue where this spawns), Ogma Elite (Fomorian Sabotage), Orphid Husks (The Silver Grove), Rathuum Broadcaster (Arena), Reth Roller (Aerial Commander/Wolf Assassination), Special Duty Coildrive/Vallis Surveillance Drone (Fortuna Bounties), Tenno Specter (Not sure, maybe the ones we summon that go hostile in Nightmare missions?), Turret (I think these are on Condor Dropships?), Tusk Roller Eximus, Void/Nauseous Void Shade (Misery summons). There are also possible scans for Darvo and Maroo missing from the codex.

Of special mention is these enemies that have been missing from the codex since Fortuna dropped in November. Some may have eximus variants but I cannot confirm that.

• Terra Anti Moa
  • Terra Cestra Manker
  • Terra Detron Crewman
  • Terra Nullifier Crewman
  • Terra Oxium Osprey
  • Terra Railgun Moa
  • Terra Research Crewman
  • Terra Turret Osprey.

Please fix this DE, at least comment on the issues. If there's a redesign of the codex going on behind the scenes and that's why nothing is being fixed about it, just let us know.

Spoiler

You also left the Zealot Baptizer, Herald & Proselytizer in the droptables. Looking forward to seeing what they look like.

Edited by BahamutVoid
  • Like 1