The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea to improve Toroid Farming...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Im not making this thread after my first time trying to get toroids.   I played the hell out of Fortuna when it released and worked my way up to Rank 4 in Vox to get the certus brace and stuff.  And then thats where I lost interest in Vox and never bothered to max out.  Dont enjoy profit taker,  havent tried exploiter.... 

But recently I have been hanging out in Fortuna hunting just for standing with Solaris and racing for Ventkids.  I got the itch to remake all my amps...  Most of them just have wrong brace or I was using new parts so the prism and scaffolds do not mix well.   So I need alot of certus braces which means alot of toroids.....

I got a pretty nice group together,  we had 2 nekro, a khora and an oberon.  We had a res booster.  After like 20-40 minutes the group had farmed 40-80 toroids which is great.   But the fighting is pretty boring and or sporadic.   After awhile the flow of enemies just stops....

So heres my idea.....

-You goto the toroid bases and pick a fight with the enemies there...

-instead of plopping down escalation banners the base inside and outside just goes on "alert".   When a base is on alert enemies just continually spawn survival style.  (or maybe have railjack type ships come into low orbit and teleport troops down,  players cant kill the ships/out of range).   But enemies are always there fighting.

- Enemy levels would ramp up alot slower than they do now... the enemies in OV ramp up way faster than other endless mission types...  atleast thats what it feels like to me.   

-If you wanted to stop the flow of enemies you would have to find consoles and hack them to kill the base alert.

I think this would make for a much more satisfying experience when attempting to farm toroids.   There wouldnt be any dips in the flow of combat unless people wanted them.  

All of my experiences hunting toroids start outside or inside a base....the flow stops... we move....fighting gets insane and ratchets up fast...people start dieing or not being able to deal damage.. people break the banners and bring everything to a screeching halt...you try to move back outside(or inside) and enemies refuse to show...  everyone heads for extraction...  

I would just like to roll up on a base,  fight fight fight... when enough people get bored or when everyone has enough toroids you extract or change to the other toroid bases...