Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Alt helmet - Deception Messenger

Emantide

Hello fellow Tennos, I've been developing this Loki alternative helmet, and I need some feedback before releasing it for tennogen. Colors and so. I'm aware there's still some parts left to be painted, but those are minor details. Hope you like it.

X0RYZOn.png

V3dnjJK.png

j0xNrcw.png

aHu4wrr.png

w6p1FO9.png

EDIT:

Hello! I've changed the scroll to get something to compare with the previous version.

This version has 2 wiskers which will have physics.

I honestly don't know what to think about this I've been used to see the scroll version for so long that now it feels off but anyway, here it is:

M2tIRzZ.jpg

4ZABL8q.jpg

hU69Npb.jpg

I still need more feedback 😄 please give me a quick opinion even a single ok will work.

Thanks for passing by.

Cheers ❤️

Edited by Emantide
  • Like 1

The emissive Tennobet on the sides is a very cool idea. I think that taking into account this is only a helmet, accomodating the materials and emissives to be closer to base Loki values would be better.

Now that Emissives and Energy colors separated and some special textures use that, it would be cool to check with Kaz to see if they'd allow some areas to be Energy colored, therefore allowing an extra edge for customization.

What I'm not so sure I'm feeling is the front energy scroll thingie though, at least not with the current way it is.

• Like 1

hace 45 minutos, NightmareT12 dijo:

The emissive Tennobet on the sides is a very cool idea. I think that taking into account this is only a helmet, accomodating the materials and emissives to be closer to base Loki values would be better.

Now that Emissives and Energy colors separated and some special textures use that, it would be cool to check with Kaz to see if they'd allow some areas to be Energy colored, therefore allowing an extra edge for customization.

What I'm not so sure I'm feeling is the front energy scroll thingie though, at least not with the current way it is.

Thanks for your replies. ❤️

You're both right @NightmareT12 and @Scruffel. It might be better as a sample matching actual Loki base colors, So I'll be posting some images soon with that color theme examples.

I think energy colored or emissive points are allowed, but I'm not sure if those are based on the main energy color right now, but if thats the case those will be matching the base energy.

About the scroll its meant to have physics like the Hydroid tentacle details. I also have in mind an alternative like 2 long wiskers like some dragons with the same effect.

Cheers. I'll be posting an update asap.

thank you again 😄

Personally, there's 2 details i dislike...

The Scroll... Its just not doing it for me, even if you lower the opacity, it seems just too much... If it drapes down in the end (with physics) it still looks kinda weird, with that "stick" where it attaches... Its just a bit too forced...
And that "grill" at the top... UGLEE!

Otherwise i like the overall looks, but i think that if you want to make a "shrouded" look, the way you're doing it isn't working (for me). Its too intrusive, and your attempt to subvert expectations (by having it "hang" from the bottom) also has to subvert physics, which doesn't improve the look.

Edited by ReaverKane

hace 5 horas, ReaverKane dijo:

Personally, there's 2 details i dislike...

The Scroll... Its just not doing it for me, even if you lower the opacity, it seems just too much... If it drapes down in the end (with physics) it still looks kinda weird, with that "stick" where it attaches... Its just a bit too forced...
And that "grill" at the top... UGLEE!

Otherwise i like the overall looks, but i think that if you want to make a "shrouded" look, the way you're doing it isn't working (for me). Its too intrusive, and your attempt to subvert expectations (by having it "hang" from the bottom) also has to subvert physics, which doesn't improve the look.

Thank you @ReaverKane I understand your point or most part of it I should say cause I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly---> "your attempt to subvert expectations".

The top head grill "lives there" and will get some color changes and maybe energy emission if I don't like it after that I will remove it but meanwhile...sorry if You don't like it.

Anyway I'll think about the scroll cause I also see it as a blocking volume and it turned different than I imagined but since it will hang, cause physics, it may or may not work.

But I need to try a quick cloth simulation to be 100% sure about removing it, keeping it or swaping it for long dragon wiskers.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers ❤️

1 hour ago, Emantide said:

Thank you @ReaverKane I understand your point or most part of it I should say cause I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly---> "your attempt to subvert expectations".

The top head grill "lives there" and will get some color changes and maybe energy emission if I don't like it after that I will remove it but meanwhile...sorry if You don't like it.

Anyway I'll think about the scroll cause I also see it as a blocking volume and it turned different than I imagined but since it will hang, cause physics, it may or may not work.

But I need to try a quick cloth simulation to be 100% sure about removing it, keeping it or swaping it for long dragon wiskers.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers ❤️

I mean the usual "shroud" is draping from the top, like anchored at the top and drapes down, your design has the anchor point on the bottom, hence "subverting" expectations, since it will either not "shroud" the face, or it will break physics.