The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch Tenno Reinforcements: Update 25.4.0 (+Hotfixes)

As a positive coment on this update, I just wanted to say that performance and graphics are SO MUCH BETTER THANK YOU

I forgot how good this game could look on the switch. Everything is much crisper, having the proper lighting back is beautiful and even cetus runs decently now (used to be a slideshow in docked mode, but now even in handheld it's good enough to walk around and enjoy it). I was running a lot of missions all weekend (including dog days which is actually extremely fun with friends and some good music) and seeing our frames with the better lighting and higher resolution is great (especially at the beach bullying grineer)

Obviously there's a few bugs but I know they'll be fixed soon enough. In the meantime I'm loving everything else thanks!

Please let us know when the renderer/UI hotfixes are being sent in for certification. I now have to replay The Second Dream because the graphical glitches have ruined the big scenes for me.

Edited by (NSW)sfried

On 2019-08-01 at 2:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

August 6 Dog Days Tactical Alert: Hotfix #3 

• Fixed an exploit where the mission timer would continue to run when paused in Solo mode which awarded players victory & rewards for the score.
  • Fixed a progstop that would occur if viewing mission progress right when extraction is enabled. This impacted missions beyond Dog Days as well! 
  • Fixed an issue with a vegetation shader.

That redtext was super cringe; not a good look to insult everyone saying the event gets boring after having to run it for multiple hours. Glad the slog has been preserved. Also, my operator is still bald and the floor in my orbiter keeps trying to give me a seizure by flashing through 1 million textures in the span of 3 seconds.

On 2019-08-01 at 2:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

August 6 Dog Days Tactical Alert: Hotfix #4 

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

August 6 Dog Days Tactical Alert: Hotfix #4 

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

So this is a fantastic step. Though, it would incentivise me further if it rewarded the total kill amount, by all players. Guess I just have to get gud. I'll take what I can get. I appreciate that step taken. Thanks!

Edited by (NSW)Xelthor

There's apparently a bug where quickly entering and exiting the Riven cycling screen before it loads causes the menu background to overlap the screen, making it impossible to see anything else. 

Edited by (NSW)Glaive-012

I still don't understand why some people get mad if some of us are just giving feedback on bugs that they are having. Maybe DE is to busy to even take care of them for now but yes we love Warframe a lot to let them know the bugs we are experiencing. 

The only reason I said about Mining not working is because thats the only way I make standing points in both "Open World'" and now I have no other way not because there isn't any other way but because I like the mining system and lisent to music while mining. Thats all , no reason to get "annoyed ".

Edited by (NSW)Noside17

On 2019-08-05 at 6:09 AM, (NSW)Hermy said:

Yes i watched it and no they did not adress most of these issues... There are also still a lot of bugs in this game that exists since it lauched and where not adressed yet, the ones created by the jovian concord are still there too... and now it's the buggiest since launch 😅 BUT that's only the surface. Performance is better and i didn't have any crash anymore since this update.

Lol maybe listen harder, learn from rafiki, they absolutely have talked on all of these points, que sera sera if u want a game with no bugs maybe play uno ? 

I'm sure they're working on it, but I have a feeling we won't see these fixes until the next big update... (The New War perhaps?)

With that said, performance gains are tremendous (except when aformentioned memory leaks occur), so they must be doing something right, especially with Cetus now performing 80% better than at launch, and that's with "everything set to High".

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (NSW)JayFr3d:

Lol maybe listen harder, learn from rafiki, they absolutely have talked on all of these points, que sera sera if u want a game with no bugs maybe play uno ? 

I made a really long list of bugs, most of them exist since launch...

Those bugs where not discussed. I'm not talking about the performance and memory problems, but actual bugs in gameplay.

I played the game for almost 1000 hours on switch now and adapted to most bugs or learnt to live with them. I love the game anyway. This Forum is here to inform DE about these problems so that's what I'm doing. And I'm hoping they will have them all fixed one day so that my friends, new players or reviewers don't turn away from this incredible game anymore just because of bugs.

"Go play something else if you don't want bugs" - That's not really helpful... xP

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

LOL bugs will always exist in a multi platform multi player multi context game... constant updates, constant events, constant changes will always stir up old mud on the bottom of the pond... bug free games virtually dont exist... reporting them is not pointless, Id not say that as it makes no sense, simply my stake was exactly that adapt.... that part where u said u love it even with the bugs ( stay there thats a good thing) [primed get comfy] cuz itll always be buggy

7 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

I made a really long list of bugs, most of them exist since launch...

Those bugs where not discussed. I'm not talking about the performance and memory problems, but actual bugs in gameplay.

I played the game for almost 1000 hours on switch now and adapted to most bugs or learnt to live with them. I love the game anyway. This Forum is here to inform DE about these problems so that's what I'm doing. And I'm hoping they will have them all fixed one day so that my friends, new players or reviewers don't turn away from this incredible game anymore just because of bugs.

"Go play something else if you don't want bugs" - That's not really helpful... xP

As Rebecca mention in the stream, some of these bugs run much deeper and will require recoding (such as the Operators), so I wouldn’t expect any fixes until the next big certification update.

I do hope this time they give it adequate playtesting to make sure  these performance optimizations do not incur any more big errors. Even that script to get rid of memory leaks might be eating “legit” threads by accident.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (NSW)sfried:

As Rebecca mention in the stream, some of these bugs run much deeper and will require recoding (such as the Operators), so I wouldn’t expect any fixes until the next big certification update.

I do hope this time they give it adequate playtesting to make sure  these performance optimizations do not incur any more big errors. Even that script to get rid of memory leaks might be eating “legit” threads by accident.

I'm referring to bugs that existed since the game lauched on switch or that came with the jovian concord. they are also switch exclusive. Graphic glitches are not nice, but as long as they don't affect gameplay i can live with them. But when there are bugs and you don't know what to do to avoid them (especially bad for new players or if you let someone else play) that's bad for the game. the Archwing launcher bug and operator swapping are real problems.

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

23 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

I'm referring to bugs that existed since the game lauched on switch or that came with the jovian concord. they are also switch exclusive. Graphic glitches are not nice, but as long as they don't affect gameplay i can live with them. But when there are bugs and you don't know what to do to avoid them (especially bad for new players or if you let someone else play) that's bad for the game. the Archwing launcher bug and operator swapping are real problems.

I am guessing that the latest update was suppose to solve some of these long-standing Switch launch bugs (especially considering the new script they’re running was designed to stop memory leaks and that they’ve “optimized” textures and shaved 300MB), but it ended up resulting in some new graphical glitches in the process. They probably do have to check that prolonged black screen error that got introduced with Jovian Concord, and some collision detection on Archwing missions.

Cetus runs a whole lot better now, so they must be doing something right. Now if only they can get Fortuna and its loading elevator to run just as smoothly too... (i.e. make use of the new CPU/GPU clock profiles on Switch for loading screens.)

I do think they should spend time testing these updates before implementing them.

Edited by (NSW)sfried

On 2019-08-10 at 11:47 PM, (NSW)sfried said:

I am guessing that the latest update was suppose to solve some of these long-standing Switch launch bugs (especially considering the new script they’re running was designed to stop memory leaks and that they’ve “optimized” textures and shaved 300MB), but it ended up resulting in some new graphical glitches in the process. They probably do have to check that prolonged black screen error that got introduced with Jovian Concord, and some collision detection on Archwing missions.

Cetus runs a whole lot better now, so they must be doing something right. Now if only they can get Fortuna and its loading elevator to run just as smoothly too... (i.e. make use of the new CPU/GPU clock profiles on Switch for loading screens.)

I do think they should spend time testing these updates before implementing them.

Cetus run smooth? Got issue here where fps drop after 1 mission and get back to orbiter (and stay until i restart the game) since the new GPU/CPU clock update i cant even play it on long run. Already re download the game several times and still got no luck even i delete all of my orbiter decor . It's already unplayable and after the fps drop try to go cetus and straight go to PoE  the loading takes forever it wont let me out (waiting about 30minutes and the tricap squad already yelled wheres the support ) 

Wondering if anyone else is running into error code 2124-8006 after this update... I can't seem to log in! I get this error at the login screen, and then after I hit OK on it, it tells my my login failed and to check my info. There's no info to check!

This is a fresh install, I had uninstalled WF to clear up space on my Switch and decided to get back into WF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Issue with my DNS at home, please ignore.

Edited by kcpz
solved

8 hours ago, (NSW)Kontoru said:

Cetus run smooth? Got issue here where fps drop after 1 mission and get back to orbiter (and stay until i restart the game) since the new GPU/CPU clock update i cant even play it on long run. Already re download the game several times and still got no luck even i delete all of my orbiter decor . It's already unplayable and after the fps drop try to go cetus and straight go to PoE  the loading takes forever it wont let me out (waiting about 30minutes and the tricap squad already yelled wheres the support ) 

I've been to several servers where there are lots of people present in the hub and yes, Cetus in general runs smooth (the city hub I mean).

Now Plains of Eidolon...is a mixed bag at times. I'm not sure if it might have something to do with net connectivity of the host or others being hosts, but in general there are occassions with the Thumper + Grineer troopers such as Ghouls and other being dropped from the sky that can really eat performance with a full squad. This problem is also exhibited inconsistently, as sometimes there will be absolutely no enemies present and the framerate will just proceed to remain "tanked" until you decide to leave the squad.

Fortuna still has certain performance issues, but the latest version has overall improved them a bit. I feel some of the optimizations will need to be hand-tweaked.

I am having a lot problems with Nightwave missions. 

Every time the missions are updated, during my first login, the new missions appeared as complete, and when I start any mission, nothing I do, will count towards any mission. Just after one mission that the weekly challenges appeared.  And the worst part is that, sometimes the mission resets. Like one mission I needed to kill 20 enemies with a head shot, when I was on the 14 mark, when I started another mission, it start counting from 0. And this is happening frequently, yesterday I saw that I need to "animate" 3 Ayatan statures. Since I had about 7, I decided to do the mission right away. So I put the "stars" on it, Nora greeted me for completing the task, the amount of points were credited, but it was showing that I did not do the mission. And them I did it again, she greeted me again, and the mission was marked as completed, the points for the second time was not credited as expected. 

And also noted that the game is not sending inbox messages properly. After I completed the last mission of the rebuild the relay properly and it took an awful lot for the message arrive on my inbox, and the same goes for all other missions. Also, this might be affecting other things, like the Stalker, yesterday I killed 5 6 bosses and the stalker did not threat me.