Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Connect To Party Game - Smartphone Internet Tethering

Eciencic

Hi, i use my phone to get internet, and im having problems with trying to connect to friends games, i get the error "FAILED TO JOIN SESSION", and i cant see some of my friends at contacts list, they are connected and im talking to them by raidcall.

I've created the 3960 and 3962 UDP ports permission on my firewall, granted 32 and 64 bit warframe permission too, and steam.

I don't know how to open this ports directly from my samsung galaxy 2, if anyone could help me, it would be so nice, this problem doesn't let me enjoy this awesome game entirely.

Edited by Eciencic

This is because wireless providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc all block certain ports on their end. It doesn't matter what you do with your computer, firewall, etc. It won't work.

The problem is that i play diablo 3 without problems, and it uses the same system of session and parties.

Different games use different ports and protocols, as a rule of thumb mobile operators block a lot of ports, never expect to use it the same as a regular connection.

P2P connections are specially locked down, even if they're for perfectly legitimate stuff like playing WF, downloading blizzard patches, torrenting linux ISOs etc.

Edited by KriLL3

The problem is that i play diablo 3 without problems, and it uses the same system of session and parties.

That probably means that the ports Diablo 3 needs to connect to the net are not blocked by your ISP.

In Warframe, try changing the ports it needs to connect to the net (under options). See if one of those setups works.

Most likely not specifically a port issue, carriers use deep packet inspection to figure out what you're using the connection for, and they clamp down hard on a lot of stuff including P2P, warframe uses P2P, AT&T can't tell the difference between someone playing WF, downloading a blizzard update, torrenting a linux ISO and someone using torrents to pirate.

Good test is to torrent a linux ISO, watch the speed quickly drop even if it's a very well seeded torrent, stop that and quickly do a speed test, most likely horrible, if you don't use P2P for a while your speed will slowly go back up to normal.

Carriers are very different over the globe and over time, if your carrier's backbone is starting to get a bit overworked in general or in a particular area they'll dial the blocking higher, or you might be suffering from packet loss, during bad weather you can have an overall strong signal but occasionally get issues as the rain and wind cause your signal to wildly fluctuate.

I can get LTE that's much faster than my only other reasonable option (DSL) but since LTE is prone to getting throttled and packet loss etc it's not as a reliable connection, the LTE is really nice while working, really horrible when not.