Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus transfer

BlueSabre

I think a worthwhile reward for high end players would be an item or system that allows us to convert unused focus back into experience. 

For me, a mr 22 player whenever I equip an unranked weapon or warframe I get 22 mod points (44 if a potato is installed). Now I still have to rank up the weapon as I normally would but for those first 22 levels nothing changes.

My suggestion allow us to convert our unused focus into experience, since we can only convert a percentage of exp into focus I think 1 focus = 1 experience would be reasonable.

Another stipulation to balance this out would be to only allow us to rank up items according to our mastery rank, for a player like myself that means I would still need to complete the last 8 levels the old fashion way.

Thoughts?

My only concern is how much focus I have backlog at this point. For Cap MR (27) that only leaves 3 level which is not much work. I rather see them put 80+ missions in so we aren't suckered into long runs at low levels. Doesn't matter if my frame is 1 or 27, My weapons can still carry me through 80+ content yet I can't find any outside of challenge mods (ESO, Arbi, sorties, ect)

5 hours ago, BlueSabre said:

I think a worthwhile reward for high end players would be an item or system that allows us to convert unused focus back into experience. 

huh? it takes alot of work to get everything in your focus trees unlocked an have all 177 waypool points. so would take the hardcore grinders to max out.

My suggestion allow us to convert our unused focus into experience, since we can only convert a percentage of exp into focus I think 1 focus = 1 experience would be reasonable.

how about just not bring a full inventory to leveling as when lving a warframe bring 1 weapon you can kill with an when lving a weapon if its a melee you just use narromon an if its a gun bring something that can stall enemies so you can kill them easily.

Another stipulation to balance this out would be to only allow us to rank up items according to our mastery rank, for a player like myself that means I would still need to complete the last 8 levels the old fashion way

ya no this would be a total unfair advantage of higher ranks players as everything they get a new item its almost ready an get all that mastery points of the item.
the mastery = your starting mod capacity is a fair enough to allow it for higher rank players without making it for lower mr players feel cheated

49 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

This

I have maxed out all of my focus since last year, I'm sitting on millions of focus and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. 

The argument that it is in unfair to lower mastery rank players is very weak. It is much easier for me to increase my rank with syndicates and purchase their wares explicitly because I have played the game longer than a newer player. It is also easier for me to complete tougher missions again because I've put in more time into the game than they have and therefore I have more resources and experience, this is how progression works. It would be great if I could use this stockpile of resources I've amassed to do something.

Until we reach Mastery rank 30 we would still need to level our arsenal at a certain point. The idea is that if you are the highest Mastery rank (27 atm) congratulations, you've mastered everything available, as a reward you can expedite the leveling process for your gear by converting your unused resources.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

that

I would still need to get the focus necessary to level my gear and focus is a limited resource. This means that when I run out I would have to go get more if I wanted to use this alternative method to level up my gear or do it the traditional (quicker) way.

6 hours ago, Zelmen said:

and the rest

If they follow your suggestion, you would still have that back log of focus and nothing to do with it.

6 hours ago, BlueSabre said:

For me, a mr 22 player whenever I equip an unranked weapon or warframe I get 22 mod points (44 if a potato is installed). Now I still have to rank up the weapon as I normally would but for those first 22 levels nothing changes.

Another stipulation to balance this out would be to only allow us to rank up items according to our mastery rank, for a player like myself that means I would still need to complete the last 8 levels the old fashion way.

Thoughts?

1 focus = 1xp means 29-30 would take your entire daily cap of focus.

24 hour time gate. For a single level.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

while that would be convenient, that would also mean that later game Players would never have to Level things, ever again.

so that has no chance in hell of happening.

Why not? Is running Hydron really such a core and essential experience to warframe?

No, it’s tedious and gruelling. The only reason this system won’t be implemented is because it can’t be monetised.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

huh? it takes alot of work to get everything in your focus trees unlocked an have all 177 waypool points. so would take the hardcore grinders to max out.

how about just not bring a full inventory to leveling as when lving a warframe bring 1 weapon you can kill with an when lving a weapon if its a melee you just use narromon an if its a gun bring something that can stall enemies so you can kill them easily.

ya no this would be a total unfair advantage of higher ranks players as everything they get a new item its almost ready an get all that mastery points of the item.
the mastery = your starting mod capacity is a fair enough to allow it for higher rank players without making it for lower mr players feel cheated

Why would lower MR players feel cheated? If an MR5 gets mad because I’ve spent the past two years working on operator progression, why should I care?

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Why would lower MR players feel cheated? If an MR5 gets mad because I’ve spent the past two years working on operator progression, why should I care?

having ability to put more mods on right away is good enough while wanting to have your mr be the starting lv of a item is bad, this makes it where the mr 27 players barely have to do anything to lv up gear. This is the unfair advantage im talking about
as having more mod capicity is good reward for are hard work not be granted reason to be lazy on leveling items up

58 minutes ago, BlueSabre said:

I have maxed out all of my focus since last year, I'm sitting on millions of focus and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. 

The argument that it is in unfair to lower mastery rank players is very weak. It is much easier for me to increase my rank with syndicates and purchase their wares explicitly because I have played the game longer than a newer player. It is also easier for me to complete tougher missions again because I've put in more time into the game than they have and therefore I have more resources and experience, this is how progression works. It would be great if I could use this stockpile of resources I've amassed to do something.M

Until we reach Mastery rank 30 we would still need to level our arsenal at a certain point. The idea is that if you are the highest Mastery rank (27 atm) congratulations, you've mastered everything available, as a reward you can expedite the leveling process for your gear by converting your unused resources.

So what you did focus grinds an ediolons to get to the max which you didn't have to an so now your earning focus passivly. Which bugs you as DE has not put anything else up for the focus trees as they put out a certain amount of content that they can do without demanding that every employee is doing overtime with no overtime pay.

the unfair advantage was qouted on the idea of the poster had on the mastery rank of the account is the starting level of the times or did you not bother to read where i qouted. This is unfair as it removes the need to grind exp for items. while the mod capacity start is tied to mastery isnt as harsh of an advantage.
As once there is enough mastery points in game to have a person with acoC*** of MR 30 they no longer need to grind at all. pull out a new item from foundry an oh look this new warframe has intsantly given me all the mastery points it has an can forma all i want as there no need to grind at all as each time i forma it remains at rank 30.
That causes a unfair an uneeded system in the game that would discourage newer players to even start. while making older players not have to party up with any newer players as they run public on any mission that are good for leveling.

all you see is a system to allow you to be a lazy player an get rewarded for it.
as i know that this starting level is your mastery rank is never gonna become part of warframe at all

no-84.png

the reason the fact is we can get exp and trading with focus points pretty much its same issues that players wanted to be MR full max because of full MR the better riven mods and how powerful they are. If players just gain xp out of focus and farming it like crazy the game will not feel like a mastery rank at all and it be pointless achievement.  It sound nice but it will cause problem for the dev, as for the dev will not think its good idea which your looking at loop fast grinding that going cause all the newbies auto going pro but they aren't pro which they just become noobs with high ranking in max MR.  It would be just simple sad really.

1 hour ago, BlueSabre said:

I would still need to get the focus necessary to level my gear and focus is a limited resource. This means that when I run out I would have to go get more if I wanted to use this alternative method to level up my gear or do it the traditional (quicker) way.

which you can do literally every second of Gameplay that you aren't Leveling 4 items at once. it doesn't matter if it "isn't a lot" or whatever, becuse you accrue it, forever. 
super easy for Focus to mean never needing to Level things again or removing up to Level _ from the game.

that's just not going to happen. it'd be pretty useful for me, in the sense that, well, i basically wouldn't need to Level things ever again, but i also can tell it would never happen.

With the paradox coming at some point and possibly our tenno growing up.  Why not use focus points with them in some fashion.

The more talents you've built up and focus you have the greater the power and creative choices your adult operater has.  That would be neat.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

which you can do literally every second of Gameplay that you aren't Leveling 4 items at once. it doesn't matter if it "isn't a lot" or whatever, becuse you accrue it, forever
super easy for Focus to mean never needing to Level things again or removing up to Level _ from the game. 

that's just not going to happen. it'd be pretty useful for me, in the sense that, well, i basically wouldn't need to Level things ever again, but i also can tell it would never happen.

At a 1:1 conversion ratio it wouldn't matter if it's a thing. I myself would still prefer the 20 minutes in Hydron, than spending 1M focus to max a frame to 30, just in case.
Let's be honest here, with 3-5 forma needed per item, everyone's extra focus would be gone in the next  normal/prime release should they like what they see. 

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, just stating a point.

4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

At a 1:1 conversion ratio it wouldn't matter if it's a thing. I myself would still prefer the 20 minutes in Hydron, than spending 1M focus to max a frame to 30, just in case.
Let's be honest here, with 3-5 forma needed per item, everyone's extra focus would be gone in the next  normal/prime release should they like what they see. 

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, just stating a point.

oh really? i'm relatively Focus poor for my point in the game and i have like 100,000,000 Focus points that i could use on this system.

it doesn't matter if you can Level something in Stealth Exterminate or Private Onslaught in 90-120 seconds, you wouldn't even need to do that if all of the Focus you got in all of your other playtime, could let you skip all of that without starting a Mission at all.

10 hours ago, BlueSabre said:

If they follow your suggestion, you would still have that back log of focus and nothing to do with it.

First, don't change the text in a quote. 

Second, I never said it wasn't an option. I only said I have a concern of the backlog only long time playing players would have. At the rate weapons are release they would never run out. This is a bandaid for the issue that there is no content that gives xp easier because we are locked to low level missions. Along with the OCD of having something with no further use.

14 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

having ability to put more mods on right away is good enough while wanting to have your mr be the starting lv of a item is bad, this makes it where the mr 27 players barely have to do anything to lv up gear. This is the unfair advantage im talking about
as having more mod capicity is good reward for are hard work not be granted reason to be lazy on leveling items up

How is it an unfair advantage? MR5 and MR27 players are not competing in any tangible sense.

There is no logical situation where that could be called unfair.

Also, you talk about leveling as if it’s a core part of the game. Do you really think doing 20 rounds at Hydron for every single item you build is an important part of the game?

No, it’s gruelling and repetitive. DE doesn’t need to worry if the MR5s are upset that the MR27s need to farm Hydron less.

It’s ridiculous to even suggest that.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

-snip-

There is a daily cap on focus gains, outside of eidolon shards, so using multiple weapons would only accelerate the rate at which I reach the cap as I would still be limited in how much I could get per day. I don't think that this would be very game changing, last I checked we still needed to forma our items multiple times over before they reach their full potential and as someone has already mentioned in this thread at higher ranks our items would take a substantial amount of focus if DE were to use the rates I'm proposing. Again it doesn't seem that far-fetched, this is essentially what Ticker in Fortuna does, convert excess credits and resources into standing.

9 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

-snip-

This is perfectly fine, all I'm asking for is the option to use my focus, my resources in a way that makes me feel rewarded. If you prefer the hydron method that's ok, I personally think i've spent too much time on that tileset and having more options would be a good thing.

5 hours ago, Zelmen said:

-snip- :v

I didn't want my post to be too long because I was quoting multiple people.

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

oh really? i'm relatively Focus poor for my point in the game and i have like 100,000,000 Focus points that i could use on this system.

it doesn't matter if you can Level something in Stealth Exterminate or Private Onslaught in 90-120 seconds, you wouldn't even need to do that if all of the Focus you got in all of your other playtime, could let you skip all of that without starting a Mission at all.

If you have 100,000,000 focus, you are not focus poor. I have nearly every waybound unlocked and I don’t even think I’ve used that much focus.

On 2019-08-02 at 12:26 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

no-84.png

the reason the fact is we can get exp and trading with focus points pretty much its same issues that players wanted to be MR full max because of full MR the better riven mods and how powerful they are. If players just gain xp out of focus and farming it like crazy the game will not feel like a mastery rank at all and it be pointless achievement.  It sound nice but it will cause problem for the dev, as for the dev will not think its good idea which your looking at loop fast grinding that going cause all the newbies auto going pro but they aren't pro which they just become noobs with high ranking in max MR.  It would be just simple sad really.

Keep in mind, that the daily focus cap, converted 1:1 with xp, would be just enough to get a weapon from level 29-30.

you really think one free level per 24 hours would cause issues at all?

If so, please explain.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

How is it an unfair advantage? MR5 and MR27 players are not competing in any tangible sense.

If this system were to be put in guess what 😮 DE would have to have a way to counter balance it by having higher exp requirements for weapons levels.
you dont even think about how a system would get rebalanced. all you think about is how can this system make me be lazy an no have to work hard.
DE litterly changed draco from a interception mission to a survial as it was allowing players to level stuff way to fast.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Also, you talk about leveling as if it’s a core part of the game. Do you really think doing 20 rounds at Hydron for every single item you build is an important part of the game?

huh odd as leveling gear is a core part of the game, as does every warframe an weapon have levels? yes they do
is there a system for leveling items? yes there is?
Going to hydron is not the only place you get exp its just the best place cause of you can be in affinity range of other players quite easily.
Does eveyone go to hydron not everyone goes there as others perfer to level stuff while grinding for material or just challange themselves by going to tough missions with a item unranked while in solo mode.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

It’s ridiculous to even suggest that.

so what your saying is that you hate the need to grind in a game that is about grinding.
so why you bother to play warframe when you know its a looter shooter game.
you level items to add more mod space into the item an forma it to cut mod costs in half an relevel the weapon.

so in all honestly your wanting warframe to be changed from a game where you have a sense of progression to a game where everything is given to you with no need. 
😮 like a sandbox game where you have to do no hard work

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Keep in mind, that the daily focus cap, converted 1:1 with xp, would be just enough to get a weapon from level 29-30.

you really think one free level per 24 hours would cause issues at all?

If so, please explain.

its the very idea itself. converting exp into focus back into exp.
why waste computing power.
then is the issue of is it really needed to have this focus converted back into exp for 1 more level

14 hours ago, BlueSabre said:

There is a daily cap on focus gains, outside of eidolon shards, so using multiple weapons would only accelerate the rate at which I reach the cap as I would still be limited in how much I could get per day.

considering that Equipment that people might want/need to Level or re-Level doesn't come on a regular basis, that will make little impact to it. in the weeks between the release of anything one might need to Level, Millions of Focus can be acquired just by playing.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

If you have 100,000,000 focus, you are not focus poor. I have nearly every waybound unlocked and I don’t even think I’ve used that much focus.

actually, i am Focus poor. for my current point in the game. other Players at my point in the game that more actively do things that can accrue Focus relatively quickly, have 500,000,000+.

Edited by taiiat

3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

If this system were to be put in guess what 😮 DE would have to have a way to counter balance it by having higher exp requirements for weapons levels.
you dont even think about how a system would get rebalanced. all you think about is how can this system make me be lazy an no have to work hard.
DE litterly changed draco from a interception mission to a survial as it was allowing players to level stuff way to fast.

huh odd as leveling gear is a core part of the game, as does every warframe an weapon have levels? yes they do
is there a system for leveling items? yes there is?
Going to hydron is not the only place you get exp its just the best place cause of you can be in affinity range of other players quite easily.
Does eveyone go to hydron not everyone goes there as others perfer to level stuff while grinding for material or just challange themselves by going to tough missions with a item unranked while in solo mode.

so what your saying is that you hate the need to grind in a game that is about grinding.
so why you bother to play warframe when you know its a looter shooter game.
you level items to add more mod space into the item an forma it to cut mod costs in half an relevel the weapon.

so in all honestly your wanting warframe to be changed from a game where you have a sense of progression to a game where everything is given to you with no need. 
😮 like a sandbox game where you have to do no hard work

Would be really impressive if you actually responded to the things I said, instead of making up arbitrary points that I never said at all and responding to those instead.

I have over 6 milion affinity on all schools and all schools maxed out and LOTS of eidelon criystals + all the eidelon speed runers so all the speed runers and veteran players will never have to leave the ship to max out wepons bad ideea relly bad ideea even a low level mr 16 can speed run eidelons if he wants so no hell no to this ideea