Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being a Vet Sucks.

(PSN)sweatshawp

As a fellow vet, I really don't know what to tell you. I really loved my time playing this game and continue to do so. I'm a little proud of beeing a founder, but not really of beeing a vet.

My feelings about what you said are pretty much the same as the ones I have about a lot of complaints that mainly vets have.

The don't play this game to have fun, they want to achieve something, they don't want to play, they want to unlock. This is a mindset you'll never find in Books or movies or TV-Shows or anything one consumes. Imagine only listening to music to be able to say you heard the album. Why do people continue to do stuff they don't have to and don't enjoy, that's addictive/compulsive behavior. If this is how you feel about warframe, STOP PLAYING and spend your time doing something you actually enjoy. Practice self-care.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

As a fellow vet, I really don't know what to tell you. I really loved my time playing this game and continue to do so. I'm a little proud of beeing a founder, but not really of beeing a vet.

My feelings about what you said are pretty much the same as the ones I have about a lot of complaints that mainly vets have.

The don't play this game to have fun, they want to achieve something, they don't want to play, they want to unlock. This is a mindset you'll never find in Books or movies or TV-Shows or anything one consumes. Imagine only listening to music to be able to say you heard the album. Why do people continue to do stuff they don't have to and don't enjoy, that's addictive/compulsive behavior. If this is how you feel about warframe, STOP PLAYING and spend your time doing something you actually enjoy. Practice self-care.

My sarcastic jaded mind wouldn't allow me to construct such a sensible response. So all I can say-what the guy above me said.

4 hours ago, kuciol said:

There is whole spectrum of players in between new and veteran.

If you can generalise to 'all vets are terrible', I can generalise and split the community into two groups: Vets and Noobs. Many Vet players have no negative impact on the game at all, yet you claim they are always spiteful.

4 hours ago, kuciol said:

potential profit is a lot higher.

Potential profit is higher, I agree. But potential profit is not what matters, actual profit is. I do not know who is more likely to spend money, Vets or Noobs. But based exclusively on the people I know: Vets spend far more a year. The newer players I know have spent between $0 - $50 this year (most are zero). The more Vet players have mainly spent $100+, many have purchased the top tier of each PA to release this year (I don't know a new player that has). No, I do not believe this is a fair representation of the playerbase as a whole, but this is all the information I have.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Vethalon:

Good response, kudos.

The thing is: FTP games tend to be pretty much catered for ppl prone to compulsive behaviour and completionist addiction... like myself. I don't want to blame DE, i'm a grown-up and responsible for myself... but the fact remains:

When i look at my 4k+ hours in steam i feel more ashamed than anything, as that time could have been spent so much more productive or even just playing other games which are actual fun to me and not just a kind of habit. I know that around 3/4 of those hours i didn't play Warframe, it played me. And that's not the best of feelings tbqh.

I used to spend thousands of hours in SFIV and eventually was quite a legit tournament player (if only locally for what its worth)... But if nothing else at least one thing i could take from that time spent: I was good at that game and i enjoyed the heck out of it. Now playing Warframe ironically you don't even get better in Warframe, as your loadout pretty much plays the game for you from a certain point. Due to its trivial nature gameplay gets lamer and more mindless as you go along, all progress is ultimately for naught as it doesn't even get tested in an appropriate way. It's really nothing more than a massive, meaningless time sink.

Sometimes i wonder if DE staff have kids and if they'd be worried if they noticed those would spend such ridiculous amounts of their lifetime in a videogame (well, apart from the fact that WF is not for kids oc).

53 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Good response, kudos.

The thing is: FTP games tend to be pretty much catered for ppl prone to compulsive behaviour and completionist addiction... like myself. I don't want to blame DE, i'm a grown-up and responsible for myself... but the fact remains:

When i look at my 4k+ hours in steam i feel more ashamed than anything, as that time could have been spent so much more productive or even just playing other games which are actual fun to me and not just a kind of habit. I know that around 3/4 of those hours i didn't play Warframe, it played me. And that's not the best of feelings tbqh.

I used to spend thousands of hours in SFIV and eventually was quite a legit tournament player (if only locally for what its worth)... But if nothing else at least one thing i could take from that time spent: I was good at that game and i enjoyed the heck out of it. Now playing Warframe ironically you don't even get better in Warframe, as your loadout pretty much plays the game for you from a certain point. Due to its trivial nature gameplay gets lamer and more mindless as you go along, all progress is ultimately for naught as it doesn't even get tested in an appropriate way. It's really nothing more than a massive, meaningless time sink.

Sometimes i wonder if DE staff have kids and if they'd be worried if they noticed those would spend such ridiculous amounts of their lifetime in a videogame (well, apart from the fact that WF is not for kids oc).

Just to be perfectly clear I didn't really want to express any malice, more like a hint, that what you and others are experience might be unhealthy behaviour, after all, that's all I can really do. You are an adult, you have the freedom to do what you want. I experinced the same in the past with other games, mmorpgs especially.

With warframe my experience is different however, I got about 3000h on steam and when I look back, I don't feel shame, I remember all the fun I had, the things I've experienced and I'm quite happy. That's why reading all this feedback makes me kinda sad, but it's also quite appearent that different games effect different people in different ways.

Anyone reading this, if you feel like this, deinstall warframe right now, it only takes a minute. And maybe someday in the future, after you had some time to reflect, you come back and are able to experience the game in a totally different way. I know it's hard, but it's really all you can do.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

If you can generalise to 'all vets are terrible', I can generalise and split the community into two groups: Vets and Noobs. Many Vet players have no negative impact on the game at all, yet you claim they are always spiteful.

Potential profit is higher, I agree. But potential profit is not what matters, actual profit is. I do not know who is more likely to spend money, Vets or Noobs. But based exclusively on the people I know: Vets spend far more a year. The newer players I know have spent between $0 - $50 this year (most are zero). The more Vet players have mainly spent $100+, many have purchased the top tier of each PA to release this year (I don't know a new player that has). No, I do not believe this is a fair representation of the playerbase as a whole, but this is all the information I have.

You dont take into account sheer numbers. There are far more non-vet players.  Not all New and veteran players buy stuff but veterans are so outnumbered that they have no chance to make up for that. In the end the very few unhappy veterans do not matter. Its also a lot easier to make content for someone who is not yet bored to tears. Let me ask you this: would you waste time and money on few whiny veterans that are hard to please or would you make content for 90% of other players? For me the answer is simple. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Committing time to a lot of things makes people feel certain ways in many regards. but if you'd generally feel like you shouldn't feel accomplished for committing time in games in general you wouldn't understand especially in  the MMO and MMORPG  Genre. I've put hours into this game and this game specifically because i've enjoyed it over the years. And The countless hours i've spent feels like its going down the drain and DE dosent care about the older players. Also generally speaking Lets say you have this one TV show you choose to watch over the years You took your time watching that when you could be watching or doing other things you enjoy. And all of a sudden lets say the series ends in the worst way possible. Most people would feel upset and feel as if their time is wasted for investing so much time into said series or show

In what way you end up disliking the game? Despite how devoted you were over the years? Feeling not rewarded or ever get to noticed by D.E. of how dedicated you are? how?

I know the blues...I swear to god arbitrations is just a slap in the face to vets with sculpture being all it rewards...

and sculpture...sculptures, sculptures, sculptures....

Hey,did you need another sculpture?..You don't! Well too bad. Here's another one...

Oh hey, look here's that aura forma you wanted...HA! Yeah right, enjoy your sculpture and death at extraction...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam:

The second you feel your time is wasted then stop playing. get off the forums. maybe come back in a year. If you're not having fun there's no reason to stay.

Well, FOMO and sunk cost fallacy say hello.

I know you're perfectly right but multiple design aspects of the game actively try to prevent ppl from stopping or even just taking a break. It's professionally geared towards making you feel invested to a point that makes it hard to just leave.

Again: I know it's my problem first and foremost and i'm not pointing fingers but that's just how it is.

19 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not even trying to be funny name one reason I should be proud to be a Vet or have Wasted my time on Warframe. I used to love the game and I thought it would be going somewhere. Oh and 

yes I play other games, and I got a rebuttal for pretty much anything you'd say to me about not being proud to be a Vet in a game I once loved

you shouldn't. You've apparently wasted your time and you're wasting it even more putting energy into complaining about something you obviously don't enjoy.

Move on. Go outside. Meet people.

If you're not enjoying what you're doing, do something else.

I have 2k hours in Warframe and I still enjoy the hell out of it. The minute it stops being fun, I'm out.

Why would I continue? No one's forcing me to play. 

I'm telling you straight up, get off the forums. It's not contributing to your well-being in any way. Do something you enjoy. Be good to yourself.

• Like 5

Hey I’ve read most of the responses and sadly you guys don’t get the idea of what I’m talking about. I’m not trying to complain I’m coming from a place of genuine care and compassion from the game. So far I’ve been playing d2 and other mmos and don’t even touch Wf. But I’d still like to try to offer suggestions for the community I once loved and care so deeply for but hey. I’m just gonna take your advice!!🤝 goodbye guys deleted warframe for good keep my updateded on how things run with every time a vet comes along with genuine care and not elitism you tell them to leave. And if we all do leave I hope you guys get and enjoy the game you want much love sweatshawp ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

Why should you be proud of being a vet? Owning an account that's been around for a long time doesn't really mean a lot.

Now, if you say you've obtained every event reward since release, I think that speaks for itself.

On 2019-08-01 at 9:13 PM, krc473 said:

I don't see how that works. Spending thousands of hours on a game is not really an achievement. If you spent most of that time helping others and improving their experience of the game that is different. But just playing the game for a long time, that is nothing to be proud of. 

• You are more than welcome to disagree and explain why you believe someone should be proud to be a Vet in WF. But I do not think committing time and effort to a video game is anything to be proud of.

Because it is a game and you like it/are bored. I like to spend a few hours a week watching movies/TV shows etc, that takes up a lot of time over the years. Should I be proud of that too? It is a time investment, just like playing Warframe.

I see what you're saying, but people these days don't just play games for the fun of it (sounds backwards, I know). A lot of people play games because it's become a lifestyle and they feel real satisfaction from it. It's kind of sad to think, but a lot of people are happier with games than every day life.

The Op has probably been a "vet" in games that take a lot of time to acrue wealth (like WoW or Ark) and in those games it really shows because you become godlike compared to other players.

Or they have been a "vet" in competetive games where time played usually means being much better than other players and it shows because your score at the end of a match blows everyone else out of the water.

But in Warframe, an MR 6 with the right mods and understanding is just as potent as an MR27 who has everything in the game and has been around since launch. It just doesn't give you the same satisfaction that someone who doesn't succeed in everyday life wants in a game.

Sad, but not an invalid point.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’d still like to try to offer suggestions for the community I once loved and care so deeply for but hey. I’m just gonna take your advice!!🤝 goodbye guys deleted warframe for good

Oof, I feel this statement...

This is exactly how I felt about dauntless a month ago.

"I care about this game, we should change something before it's ruined."

"Get out then, no one cares what you think, the game is perfect as it is."

"Oh, OK then....."

On 2019-08-02 at 5:43 AM, Vethalon said:

The don't play this game to have fun, they want to achieve something, they don't want to play, they want to unlock.

This.  This is why people won't play stuff after they got the rewards from that mission, or why people complain when cosmetics aren't quickly obtainable, or why people refer to stuff without things they want to earn as "dead content."

Once you built up your arsenal, what did you build it up for?  Do you run long Arbitrations whether or not you need endo?  Would you take part in a new endgame mode after you've gotten any unique rewards?

Unless you want to actually use the stuff you earned in game, everything you've done is pointless.

Am 2.8.2019 um 05:53 schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

Not even trying to be funny name one reason I should be proud to be a Vet or have Wasted my time on Warframe.

Warframe for vets is just like Minecraft. You have to find your own fun

Warframe is by default just a big time waster build upon a solid move and shoot mechanic. The game has no cohorent structure, lots of minigames with either rng or time gating of content and always new items that make all previous items less relevant.

At the end of the day being a vet in Warframe really just means you wasted your life on a video game and achieved nothing. But you know, most people do the same with Netflix or booze ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

On 2019-08-02 at 12:21 AM, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

Then do what other vets in warframe do.

HELP THE NEWBS

instead of saying ya i have nothing to do, use the knowledge you have gathered to help the struggling new players as you wished that someone would have came along an given you help.
instead your complaning that all this time you played on warframe is going to waste cause your bored.

I love helping new players out as it helps the warframe community grow an guess what 😮 your giving back to the community that gave you so many hours of gameplay.
the newbs you help will help other newbs out an create a chain of help that becomes what the community is about

Sorry, as much as I love muh babies, I get disheartened when I see that the ones I helped don't log in for 300+ days. If thats what being a Vet is it can suck it honestly, I'd rather be enjoying my power doing complex missions than help new players honestly.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-02 at 4:14 AM, kuciol said:

I have maybe the most controversial opinion on that. The best thing to happen to a game would be veterans just leaving. Honestly you bring nothing but spite. Anything devs do you look for something to be unhappy with and start your forums crusade again. You act like you deserve something just because you wasted more time in a game and think thats achievement or something. You are not special. Thats true in any game sadly. You just cant admit that you are bored and the only things that keep you playing are attachment to something you do for a long time and friends / clan mates. Nothing a game will do will satisfy you. On top of that is the hardest pill to swallow, you are less valuable then new player, you already have everything while new player is potential new profit. Thats just harsh reality of things. Im not someone that likes to sugarcoat so it may seem a little cynical but thats just how i see it. Ive seen this pattern to many times in to many games for that to be wrong.

I'm sorry, this is absolute and utter tripe, and I'm frankly ashamed as a gamer to read this.

• Like 2