Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

as a big fan of Saryn  I have been thinking of a possible solution that might satisfy all camps involved (hopefully). 

Make Miasma not Kill. Make it like False Swipe in Pokémon where it leaves them with one HP or so. Then if you use Miasma you'd also have to make it that they can't die from the spores, either. Then you can spread the spores to kill, use miasma to spread the spores but leave the killing to weapons or teammates. This way, spores becomes the main form of Saryn DPS besides Toxic Lash, and Miasma is used more for crowd-control and spreading viral status procs. This would slow her down a bit, but still give her plenty of DPS and give her teammates a chance to shine.

Or, alternatively, leave her alone and rework one of the other DPS frames, not sure who, (cough, ember, cough, cough) so that the killing everything on the map love gets spread around, giving not only more player choice but more dynamic team-building. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Make Miasma not Kill. Make it like False Swipe in Pokémon where it leaves them with one HP or so. Then if you use Miasma you'd also have to make it that they can't die from the spores, either. Then you can spread the spores to kill, use miasma to spread the spores but leave the killing to weapons or teammates. This way, spores becomes the main form of Saryn DPS besides Toxic Lash, and Miasma is used more for crowd-control and spreading viral status procs. This would slow her down a bit, but still give her plenty of DPS and give her teammates a chance to shine.

this is a great idea, and it makes sense to me. other solutions: decrease the tick rate of spores, or remove the CC component.

On 2019-08-02 at 11:13 AM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

Imagine you are in a weight lifting competition that allows steroid use. You work out for years to get to where you are at. You notice others are using steroids to achieve their gains in a quarter of the time and they are able to lift more than you. Some people say work smart not hard. In some cases that goes well, in some cases it doesn't. It all depends on where someone gets their value from. You feel deflated because the other has an inflated sense of accomplishment. There are plenty of frames like saryn, good at killing, not as effective but still good. We all have many open choices in this game. Play it the way you get value from something. It's all perspective anyways. 

hace 14 minutos, (NSW)Badger dijo:

hace 10 minutos, Ikyr0 dijo:

this is a great idea, and it makes sense to me. other solutions: decrease the tick rate of spores, or remove the CC component.

A great idea if it wasn't what is  ocuring in a similary way you purpose. Why you think old Saryn was reworked?

I posted it yesterday. I post it again.

Most of people just don't know what happens if you analyse the thread. Most of people have not done ever what is shown in the images.

Here Saryn, "the nuke warframe".

https://gyazo.com/ccf95561e64b7dba5dcfd0509fc37229

https://gyazo.com/c93fe8907a9b0bfca73c4ce704e344d7

Edit: I laught every time I see the images thinking in the tears of people saying phrases like "You play saryn cause you do high-content with nuke warframes". They are the best commentors. I love those Gurus of the game.

Enjoy.

hace 5 minutos, (NSW)Badger dijo:

I think what you're saying is that Saryn falls off at higher levels? That is certainly true. 

She does not really fail, She has a different purpose. And it is CC as you comment and armor drain. Also, this post begin because a guy said he can't shoot someone when a Saryin in the team. See, I SHOW not TALK ABOUT that

hace 7 minutos, str4dlin dijo:

Saryn needs you shoot for killing. And Saryn is better for high content. How many frames can rush low level? A basic Amprex can do it. C'mon. I won't repeat myself again I posted too much in this thread. And heard so many trashtalking.

oh yeah, totally, absolutely correct. For players who are playing in the lower levels I can see how Saryn looks overpowered. Sorry I didn't see your thread before as this whole conversation is pretty long now. Thanks for your input. 

2 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Saryn needs you shoot for killing. And Saryn is better for high content. How many frames can rush low level? I won't repeat myself again I posted too much in this thread.

2 hours ago, str4dlin said:

Thank you for the elaborated answer!

What I think if you say the game design is bad could be because you have not appreciated that much the cooperative content within! Because you mention a lot of solo runnings. 

I purpose you something new. Bring me this poster the next time we meet 🙂 I will accept feedback about the challenge

https://prnt.sc/op3m1n

Noted 😉

hace 29 minutos, (NSW)Badger dijo:

oh yeah, totally, absolutely correct. For players who are playing in the lower levels I can see how Saryn looks overpowered. Sorry I didn't see your thread before as this whole conversation is pretty long now. Thanks for your input. 

We have to comment intelligently. Do not fall into the trap. Try things before saying anything and stop bringing toxicity to the community, which we have enough. I don't defend Saryn, I defend the game for what it is.

If I really saw that it was broken I would say it equally. Or if she had a toxic gameplay (Funny being a Saryn). But it would bring an argument. It would not bring waste as empty words. But I want to prevent another warframe from entering the box of oblivion as has happened with several. Because Saryn has the AOE in her veins. II would rather take out those who have entered or were always there. Like Atlas or what comes to Baruuk.

And box always opened started with the same cries of new people who don't even understand it and speak from complete ignorance. Just check the first post.

Greetings.

low level EVERY frame can deal enough damage to wipe. the only limit here is range and saryn does cover a lot due to the "cascade"-effect when miasma kills a spored enemy at close to max range of miasma but spores on early levels are pointless since enemies die too quickly, which means its mostly miasma which players use.

+/-45m AoE on an ability is nothing exclusive to saryn so stop picking on her with low level as a balancing basis. every frame with such AoE abilities can easily nuke, be it frost, volt, rhino, banshee or whoever, they all can because enemies die to sneeze at this level.

that aside since when are games balanced around the low levels ?

also, i wanna remind of ember. her issue was the fire-and-forget 4 which is still in the game so its safe to say she was nerfed/changed based on early game and the connected "feedback". i dont see every player in the game ofc but the amount of embers i have seen ingame since that nerf has dramatically decreased.

42 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

A great idea if it wasn't what is  ocuring in a similary way you purpose. Why you think old Saryn was reworked?

I posted it yesterday. I post it again.

Most of people just don't know what happens if you analyse the thread. Most of people have not done ever what is shown in the images.

Here Saryn, "the nuke warframe".

https://gyazo.com/ccf95561e64b7dba5dcfd0509fc37229

https://gyazo.com/c93fe8907a9b0bfca73c4ce704e344d7

Edit: I laught every time I see the images thinking in the tears of people saying phrases like "You play saryn cause you do high-content with nuke warframes". They are the best commentors. I love those Gurus of the game.

Enjoy.

I agree with you.  Saryn bashing has become a bit of a hobby for some people recently.

You're correct that at higher levels she does tail off and you do need to play in a very active way to keep your spores going, she's anything but an afk press 4 to win when you get even 40 mins into mot.

In fairness to the complainers though, for star chart stuff (which is most of the content people play, christ, it's a rare day when I can get a pub team to even do 20 waves/minutes), Saryn is press 4 and most enemies die. 

But we do need frames that can do the high level stuff.  As much as most of the content is star chart, there are still a lot of players who do want to go to high levels in long runs.  Those people need the tools to do so.  Those tools do utterly trivialise the standard lvl 20ish content most people seem to want to play though.

I'd hate to see saryn nerfed. She's one of the best damage frames we have and we need a few of those.

14 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Try things before saying anything and stop bringing toxicity to the community, which we have enough. , .

I wasn't being toxic. I was just expressing some non-toxic thoughts. One can discuss a frame without being toxic. I love getting other people's views and builds and using it to make me better at the game. I think the rework made her a really good frame. But I can see how folks who don't play high-level content enough get annoyed by my favorite frame. 

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Because she can be very effective, and that ruins the feeling of playing Warframe for some. I don't mind being carried, but to other people it can be a problem because it makes that gamemode boring. 

While I disagree with the idea of nerfing Saryn as she is, because recruiting is an option, I understand what it's like to have choice removed. I feel frustration when a Frost spams bubbles everywhere, so for the same reason and logic, I can empathise a bit more. But I also feel uncomfortable advocating for the removal of something that people and myself enjoy. It's not an easy compromise. 

That being said, the whole Saryn debacle has become a hot potato issue, and it doesn't help that parties to this conversation come in hot. Doubly so since the tone seems to be one-way-or-the-highway centric. Ideally, if people were more into leaving the squad or recruiting for specific playstyles, I'd think that'll work enough as it is. 

Personally, there's no problem with Saryn, just the person playing her has the potential to be problematic. 

If they do not like it they can play solo or in structured teams   

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

I wasn't being toxic. I was just expressing some non-toxic thoughts. One can discuss a frame without being toxic. I love getting other people's views and builds and using it to make me better at the game. I think the rework made her a really good frame. But I can see how folks who don't play high-level content enough get annoyed by my favorite frame. 

To be fair, I  don't think that was directed at you but rather those calling for nerfs.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Were you able to survive 2 hours during old arbitration with Saryn?

I can imagine this thread still going for months until all the taco the players donated to Pablo to rework Vauban runs out and he gets an incentive to demand even more free food to change the values, lol.

It's still entertaining though.

7 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Were you able to survive 2 hours during old arbitration with Saryn?

No, because I am a Nintenno and Arbitrations were changed into what they are now before they made it to the Switch. Is your point that she does not shine in that content? I'd agree, from what I've read and seen. 

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

No, because I am a Nintenno and Arbitrations were changed into what they are now before they made it to the Switch. Is your point that she does not shine in that content? I'd agree, from what I've read and seen. 

Then what kind of high level contents were you talking about?

On 2019-08-05 at 1:03 AM, Cubewano said:

About as much effort as blinking, sure. No worry though, Pablo even acknowledges how much of a mess she is and he did the latest rework. 

Except he hasn't said that and she isn't a mess. She's perfect the way she is. And if you don't think managing spores can be tough then you clearly aren't playing her right. She can't just sit in one spot and nuke the map anymore.

37 minutes ago, sungod1 said:

Because she can be very effective, and that ruins the feeling of playing Warframe for some. I don't mind being carried, but to other people it can be a problem because it makes that gamemode boring.

Play solo then. Stop trying to dictate things for others if you don't like playing nice with them.

Wow this thread still going? Has anybody realised that there's a chance that op was in one of the 4 beginning planets where any decent moded frame can wipe out the level no big deal? If we went by this every frame gets a unjust nerf just cause a new player complain that a average player went to earth and vaporized all the Lv 1 enemies while looking for plant scans. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Play solo then. Stop trying to dictate things for others if you don't like playing nice with them.

This argument doesn't make much sense. Mostly because, by nature, nukes dictate things for others - when there's a nuke in the mission, you have to massive alter your playstyle around it or just accept the nuke. I could just as easily say "Play solo then. Stop trying to dictate people into nuking" and have it be just as valid.

It's not a productive line of argument. Clearly, if this many people have a problem with Saryn, then a problem exists, and a solution should be found.