Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

7 hours ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

The game isn't balanced, never has been, and I don't believe it ever will be. There will always be an alpha in whatever aspect we look at. 

Its seen better days than what we have now though, so it's not really an excuse. Warframe will probably never be the best balanced game sure, the devs seem have no solid grasp on that element of game design, but they can still do a heck of a lot better than what is being debated now, which is effectively if players deserve to actually be able to play the game they have signed up to enjoy.  

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

This argument doesn't make much sense. Mostly because, by nature, nukes dictate things for others - when there's a nuke in the mission, you have to massive alter your playstyle around it or just accept the nuke. I could just as easily say "Play solo then. Stop trying to dictate people into nuking" and have it be just as valid.

The argument does make sense, because anyone using any Warframe/Weapon setup can easily get a majority of kills when they completely out skill their group, or if they are able to move faster than the rest of the group; especially when the group consists of new players. I don't use Saryn outside of ESO, and other than when I alt tab, I almost always have 90%+ of the kills for any mission that isn't defense without using Saryn, or any other AOE oriented Warframe. I don't even use guns unless forced to either.

It's very rare to ever see anywhere near an even split on damage/kill participation, if I don't get all the kills, almost always someone else is getting them all anyways, unless the other 3 people are all inexperienced. This is simply the nature of Warframe, and has nothing at all to do with Saryn.

The game does not in any way encourage team oriented play, and many DPS Warframes do not even work together. Some even slow down specific missions.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Clearly, if this many people have a problem with Saryn, then a problem exists, and a solution should be found.

The issue isn't with Saryn, it's with some random person getting all the kills, if getting all the kills matter so much to someone, then soloing allows you to get 100% of them. If the issue is wanting most of the kills in a group to feel good about oneself, then it's a get better at the game situation. A large number of people don't even use the game's movement to get around, we may as well remove all forms of movement and restrict everyone to just basic sprinting so no one falls behind and misses kills.

• Like 1

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

Your not a good player if you press 1 button and have everything done for you. Thats a fact...

No that is your opinion...  and just like others have said, You can solo if you can not get along with other humans. 

• Like 1

On 2019-08-02 at 11:13 PM, MrRixter said:

It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game.

DEEY OP IS DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF A POWERFUL GAME FRAME HE WENT AFK & HAD TEA AND NEVER RESPONDED AGAIN

now this thread is a clusterduck thanks to you OP

11 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

YeS MaKe MuCh DmG HeRo Do 0 DmG, my Rhino Is BeSt HeRo. MaKe StOmp x 1000 DeMiG. 

HoW sArYn Do MoRe!?!?!?

HaX! NeRf!

Nobody ever said that. Theres 3 types of people in the community.

85% - Not saryn mains, realise how unfair she is

10% - Don't care/don't care enough to argue/ neutral

5% - Saryn mains who think they are good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Nobody ever said that. Theres 3 types of people in the community.

85% - Not saryn mains, realise how unfair she is

10% - Don't care/don't care enough to argue/ neutral

5% - Saryn mains who think they are good

I'll need to see your sources on that.

Tho if we're just ascribing numbers I'd think it would go much more like 

10% - Not Saryn mains, who think she's unfair and hate the playstyle

85% - Don't care/don't care enough to argue/neutral 

5% - Saryn mains who think they are good (tho that describes pretty much every Warframe) 

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

5% - Saryn mains who think they are good (tho that describes pretty much every Warframe) 

Your numbers seem to be more accurate than the ones you quoted. Have an applause vote!

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Thats what I've seen from this post at least

1 minute ago, Giantconch said:

Your numbers seem to be more accurate than the ones you quoted. Have an applause vote!

I cant really tell how much people care. But if you ask what people think about saryn in regional chat, you will get some very mixed opinions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

The argument does make sense, because anyone using any Warframe/Weapon setup can easily get a majority of kills when they completely out skill their group, or if they are able to move faster than the rest of the group; especially when the group consists of new players. I don't use Saryn outside of ESO, and other than when I alt tab, I almost always have 90%+ of the kills for any mission that isn't defense without using Saryn, or any other AOE oriented Warframe. I don't even use guns unless forced to either.

It's very rare to ever see anywhere near an even split on damage/kill participation, if I don't get all the kills, almost always someone else is getting them all anyways, unless the other 3 people are all inexperienced. This is simply the nature of Warframe, and has nothing at all to do with Saryn.

The game does not in any way encourage team oriented play, and many DPS Warframes do not even work together. Some even slow down specific missions.

If you have to massively out-skill the person using the nuke to out-damage them, then for the majority, it is functionally the same argument.

"I don't like your playstyle, so go play solo."

29 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

The issue isn't with Saryn, it's with some random person getting all the kills, if getting all the kills matter so much to someone, then soloing allows you to get 100% of them. If the issue is wanting most of the kills in a group to feel good about oneself, then it's a get better at the game situation. A large number of people don't even use the game's movement to get around, we may as well remove all forms of movement and restrict everyone to just basic sprinting so no one falls behind and misses kills.

As I pointed out in my previous post - no. It's way more than that.

Saryn - or more accurately, all the various ways we have to ignore fighting enemies let players trivialise the main foundation of the gameplay, and that has knock-on effects, since almost everything in the game is built around its main gameplay foundation. With the degree to which we are allowed to mess with that, the whole game will inevitably - and already has - suffered.

Where do you think we get bosses like the Exploiter and Ropalolyst, which for as fun as they are, make frame pick and personal expression effectively moot?

• Like 2