Jump to content
MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

Recommended Posts

vor 38 Minuten schrieb (PS4)drpunk-yo:

Some people don't wanna work for an anasa.

I empathise with them.

You will too one day. Just enjoy the ride.

That's pretty much my opinion.. op has to consider that there are people doing the exact same thing for thousands of hours, doing everything possible to speed up the process by any means necessary.. and have no interest in killing the enmies one by one like a new player..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Saryn playstyle is quite Toxic, no pun intended.

that said, i am sorry that you had to go through all that toxicity.

and i did it again... :facepalm:

Edited by AriaSTG
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AriaSTG said:

Saryn playstyle is quite Toxic, no pun intended.

that said, i am sorry that you had to go through all that toxicity.

and i did it again... :facepalm:

Your text colour is quite toxic.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Lol no.

Mesa's 4 is a channeled ability, is stops you from moving and doesn't go through walls.

Saryn (and equinox you could argue) don't suffer from any of these. Thus, I'd say she's much higher nerf priority than Mesa.

That said, I don't think a nerf would be a good solution. I don't know what would, but a nerf wouldn't mean much until you nerf ALL nukes into the ground. And then, there would always be something that nobrains more than the test. Pretty hair pulling problem indeed

Peacemaker's augment let's move and the mod can even be equipped on the exilus slot. With a bit of teamwork Mesa can deal millions of damage in a few shots. Saryn and Equinox cannot do that, since they hardly benefit from any buffs. However making Equinox deal millions of damage is still possibly, but doing it consistently requires a bit of a setup. I would rank Equinox above Saryn as well in terms of needing a nerf.

 

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say to her a big THANK YOU. Some people here forgets how is based this game. It's a farming game, the quicker you farm, the better. What I think OP as many other can't understand is that this game has already mopre than 6 years on its back. 6 years of massive updates that gives people thousands of thing to farm. Has anyone ever heard that this game is incredibily overwhelming and too many things to do? Yes? I heard it especially and obviously only from newbies. Saryn helps to kill faster and loot/farm faster. She is not meant to kill the your fun but actually improve it. Saryn helps to keep new players happy. She may help aswell to increase the number of players that one day may reach the point where devs will have to look more at the endgame players instead of newbies.

 

  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, --Q--Above said:

Your text colour is quite toxic.

apologies if it hurts u, i didnt noticed what font colour i was using

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

There's honestly no point in nerfing any other Warframes until Mesa gets nerfed.

Mesa`s 1 doesnt deal over 250K through walls and spreads, it also doesnt buff the damage of her 4th.

Also, speaking of her 4th, Mesa has to Aim and it still doesnt go through walls. She may be able to dish out a massive amount of damage per second but her area of effect shrinks fast which means you have to aim more as the crosshair shrinks.

Just to note, im no Mesa player but i have both my Mesas (Normal/Prime) built and very very rarely use her.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

This is what happens when you play as a support or melee frame with a bunch or caster/dps frames. That said it also depending largely on the tilset and enemies. Dps frames are necessary, there have been many times where my team is great full  when I have to level the area to pick them up. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that direct damage abilities on any frame should not go through walls (or they could perhaps have a base 5m punch through that can be improved with mods if it's not too computationally expensive) however Saryn's spores should be one of the exceptions as it's an airborne disease. So what I'm saying is that Saryn's number 4 should not go through walls but her 1 should still spread around the map. As for Mesa, she shouldn't have an aimbot and it should instead be replaced with manual aiming, the same quick shots and huge damage but enemies in her sights should slow down and she should also be granted movement and automatic "bullet time" dodge.

Edited by JayB33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspect nothing to change. The community and DE are quite happy about the state of saryn. I don't care for green day prime personally as I have other frames I can beat content with. The best I can say is just stomach it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Mesa`s 1 doesnt deal over 250K through walls and spreads, it also doesnt buff the damage of her 4th.

WEW, 250k? How did you manage that? Unless you mean 250k over a span of 3 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to warframe where "difficulty" is added and with it comes a way to side step entirely. in this case armour and saryns ability to strip it through walls. if its any consolation saryn doesnt stack with another saryn so playing this frame is painful since more often than not another will join and fight you for the dotspread instead. just consider anything under level 150 to be kiddy-pool content and leave it to the casual try hards to do the work. and youl need buddies or the will to solo endless hord modes to find any real challenge in this game (lol at meta geared saryn mains that do 4 waves of ESO or 20 minutes on MOT lmao) 

 

also if you think saryn is bad go look at octavia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so youre new, its simple really, as you play more, you would eventually have different opinion and a change of heart in the latter games. 

Its about getting the job done. 

So you think that frame is op, this weapon is broken? 
 
*Simaris voiceIRRELEVANT!! 
 
Bcos
1. You dont run into meta players stealing all the kills in every mission, its probably like just 1 every 10 or 15 missions. 
2. What good is a meta if you end up failed the mission? 
 
Also, you said whatvis the point improving your equipments when a certain equipment can nuke the whole mission? Isnt it basically the more reason to improve your equipments and tactics? So that you can prove yourself and be equally as meta as those players?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, poor op.  Got carried in a sortie that by his own description he would probably have struggled in.  Went afk because he was so upset he wasn't getting all the kills himself.  FFS!

I'm getting royally fed up of players screaming for nerfs.  You know what happens when stuff gets nerfed?  Players go ape S#&$, that's what.  Why?  Because wf is about power.  About being the most godly, strongest, death dealing mo fo in the solar system.  Should players who have invested thousands of hours into the game in order to achieve that level of godliness have all their toys taken away because new players have their feelings hurt for a FEW MINUTES because they aren't on the same level?  HELL NO.  

Gaze upon their greatness, drool at their god like powers, aspire to be them.  Then collect all the loot.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Jeez, poor op.  Got carried in a sortie that by his own description he would probably have struggled in.  Went afk because he was so upset he wasn't getting all the kills himself.  FFS!

I'm getting royally fed up of players screaming for nerfs.  You know what happens when stuff gets nerfed?  Players go ape S#&$, that's what.  Why?  Because wf is about power.  About being the most godly, strongest, death dealing mo fo in the solar system.  Should players who have invested thousands of hours into the game in order to achieve that level of godliness have all their toys taken away because new players have their feelings hurt for a FEW MINUTES because they aren't on the same level?  HELL NO.  

Gaze upon their greatness, drool at their god like powers, aspire to be them.  Then collect all the loot.

If anything maybe adjust the matchmaking in the lower level content stuff be around MR. The sorties can stay as is just do to the levels enemies get to. Honestly if the OP is gonna complain about being carried in a sortie by a saryn I carried a team with nezha, the furthest from a nuke frame as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

If anything maybe adjust the matchmaking in the lower level content stuff be around MR. The sorties can stay as is just do to the levels enemies get to. Honestly if the OP is gonna complain about being carried in a sortie by a saryn I carried a team with nezha, the furthest from a nuke frame as possible. 

Problem with that idea is that Mr 7/8 ish players just getting into doing sorties will then complain about it being too hard and wanting it nerfed because waaaah not new player friendly.

You know, when I was coming up through the ranks I loved being in a squad with high Mr players with all their super powerful toys.  I'd watch how they played, look at what they used, I'd ask them questions.  Why?  Because that's what I wanted to be like.  Stand and laugh in the face of a lvl 80 bombard while slaughtering everything around me.  Now I can, and much more.  I've learned how to build and mod, how to synergise, and now I can kill enemies with a hard stare and lay waste to all before me.  I am a god.  And it feels effing great.

  • Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Jeez, poor op.  Got carried in a sortie that by his own description he would probably have struggled in.

Okay, well two things:

  1. OP says they're "fairly new" but doesn't mention how new. Whether they're tutorial new or just-a-few-months new isn't stated, and by some players' standard, less than a year of play is considered fairly new. Sorties are barred by, iirc, the War Within, which requires to you to get around most of the Starchart first. By that point and with a half-decent Mod library, Sorties aren't really a struggle.
  2. What you say is literally the opposite of the point being made. "Getting carried" in a PvP game is good because it means a more experienced or skilled player is elevating you in a competitive environment. Warframe is co-operative, not competitive, PvE, and moreover it isn't very hard relative to the power players can possess. So it's purely about the kind of experience you want to have when facing the mission objective. Yes, you can be carried in Warframe and it can be beneficial to the carried player. But this isn't the point of the post. OP has issue because whatever kind of experience they wanted to have was taken away by a build so effortlessly strong that it killed all the enemies immediately, leaving OP with nothing to do. The issue here isn't about getting carried, it's about one particular build turning the game into an idle game for every player in the squad, when it's quite possible that the non-Saryn players wanted to play an action game. Whether or not players want to exploit this ease, Saryn's raw killing potential for such little effort is a design flaw, unless you like the idea of your gameplay being reduced to pressing 2 buttons.
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Okay, well two things:

  1. OP says they're "fairly new" but doesn't mention how new. Whether they're tutorial new or just-a-few-months new isn't stated, and by some players' standard, less than a year of play is considered fairly new. Sorties are barred by, iirc, the War Within, which requires to you to get around most of the Starchart first. By that point and with a half-decent Mod library, Sorties aren't really a struggle.
  2. What you say is literally the opposite of the point being made. "Getting carried" in a PvP game is good because it means a more experienced or skilled player is elevating you in a competitive environment. Warframe is co-operative, not competitive, PvE, and moreover it isn't very hard relative to the power players can possess. So it's purely about the kind of experience you want to have when facing the mission objective. Yes, you can be carried in Warframe and it can be beneficial to the carried player. But this isn't the point of the post. OP has issue because whatever kind of experience they wanted to have was taken away by a build so effortlessly strong that it killed all the enemies immediately, leaving OP with nothing to do. The issue here isn't about getting carried, it's about one particular build turning the game into an idle game for every player in the squad, when it's quite possible that the non-Saryn players wanted to play an action game. Whether or not players want to exploit this ease, Saryn's raw killing potential for such little effort is a design flaw, unless you like the idea of your gameplay being reduced to pressing 2 buttons.

Anybody that is new or “fairly new” should be going into a sortie knowing they’re gonna he carried. When I was going through the game initially I got into a sortie, was getting rekt and seeing the other players obliterate everything. I asked questions and got recommendations. Became strong enough to where I am now giving advice out to other players that are struggling. If you’re fairly new and complain about someone trying to do the obviously “not new player friendly” content and carrying you that’s on you, Not the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You admitted that you're new and you viewed Saryn from the eyes of someone that is new. There's more going on in the background that you didn't see and other factors you never considered when requesting Saryn to be shall we say "nerfed". 

Saryn's killing ability requires her to constantly be killing enemies herself or have other players kill for her. When left on it's own, her abilities stop killing altogether, as the spores cannot spread themselves. So interaction is required and is what keeps Saryn in check.

Lack of that knowledge will lead you to pointless nerfs the likes of which killed Ember's kit. Some players see things dying around them and have no knowledge of the game mechanics that are being utilized but instead of learning how it works they'd rather dumb down the game for everyone to be on their level. Not saying this is you but it is a common problem in the community.

  • Like 8
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

They wont do anything, this been a problem for years with different frames and DE cant balance it. There are several frames which can nuke entire map and are so braindead to play a simple script could do it. But nerfing will make people cry and we cant have that.

"Whats the point of me trying to improve..." -  no point. Get yourself Saryn and Ignis Wrath, get bored and move on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Okay, well two things:

  1. OP says they're "fairly new" but doesn't mention how new. Whether they're tutorial new or just-a-few-months new isn't stated, and by some players' standard, less than a year of play is considered fairly new. Sorties are barred by, iirc, the War Within, which requires to you to get around most of the Starchart first. By that point and with a half-decent Mod library, Sorties aren't really a struggle.
  2. What you say is literally the opposite of the point being made. "Getting carried" in a PvP game is good because it means a more experienced or skilled player is elevating you in a competitive environment. Warframe is co-operative, not competitive, PvE, and moreover it isn't very hard relative to the power players can possess. So it's purely about the kind of experience you want to have when facing the mission objective. Yes, you can be carried in Warframe and it can be beneficial to the carried player. But this isn't the point of the post. OP has issue because whatever kind of experience they wanted to have was taken away by a build so effortlessly strong that it killed all the enemies immediately, leaving OP with nothing to do. The issue here isn't about getting carried, it's about one particular build turning the game into an idle game for every player in the squad, when it's quite possible that the non-Saryn players wanted to play an action game. Whether or not players want to exploit this ease, Saryn's raw killing potential for such little effort is a design flaw, unless you like the idea of your gameplay being reduced to pressing 2 buttons.

 

Well, I can still get kills with a saryn in the squad, no matter what load out I'm running.  You just gotta make an effort.  Maybe the problem is his load out wasn't powerful enough to kill that level of content in a reasonable time.  

And sheesh,  you'd think you met saryn's in every other mission.  Outside eso she's rarely seen.  Therefore she's not a problem for anything more than a few minutes here and there.  Are so many players really that entitled that putting up with that is too much? 

The game is never going to be so well balanced so every one gets the same kills, every frame is the same power, every weapon does the same damage.  Pointless to think it will be.  There will be always be loadouts at each end of the spectrum.   

And for the record, I rarely play saryn myself but love to see her in my squad because it means for a few minutes someone else can take the strain.  I'll just collect the loot and then leave squad and move on to the next mission.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Anybody that is new or “fairly new” should be going into a sortie knowing they’re gonna he carried.

That doesn't mean they want an easy experience. "You should be expecting disappointment" isn't a good answer to being disappointed.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Well, I can still get kills with a saryn in the squad, no matter what load out I'm running.  You just gotta make an effort.  Maybe the problem is his load out wasn't powerful enough to kill that level of content in a reasonable time.  

And sheesh,  you'd think you met saryn's in every other mission.  Outside eso she's rarely seen.  Therefore she's not a problem for anything more than a few minutes here and there.  Are so many players really that entitled that putting up with that is too much? 

The game is never going to be so well balanced so every one gets the same kills, every frame is the same power, every weapon does the same damage.  Pointless to think it will be.  There will be always be loadouts at each end of the spectrum.   

And for the record, I rarely play saryn myself but love to see her in my squad because it means for a few minutes someone else can take the strain.  I'll just collect the loot and then leave squad and move on to the next mission.

Never seen anyone backpedal so fast. "Yeah, but Saryn's not that common, I don't even play her that much. And it's not like I take advantage of her OPness for more than a few minutes at a time." Beautiful.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

 

Well, I can still get kills with a saryn in the squad, no matter what load out I'm running.  You just gotta make an effort.  Maybe the problem is his load out wasn't powerful enough to kill that level of content in a reasonable time.  

And sheesh,  you'd think you met saryn's in every other mission.  Outside eso she's rarely seen.  Therefore she's not a problem for anything more than a few minutes here and there.  Are so many players really that entitled that putting up with that is too much? 

The game is never going to be so well balanced so every one gets the same kills, every frame is the same power, every weapon does the same damage.  Pointless to think it will be.  There will be always be loadouts at each end of the spectrum.   

And for the record, I rarely play saryn myself but love to see her in my squad because it means for a few minutes someone else can take the strain.  I'll just collect the loot and then leave squad and move on to the next mission.

You act like this game is hard. If I need to take a break. Flex my skills as a player. I go solo where I can pause at anytime and rip and tear until my hands fall off. Op got tools and even frames to #*!% over lazy saryn players. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

That doesn't mean they want an easy experience. "You should be expecting disappointment" isn't a good answer to being disappointed.

Never seen anyone backpedal so fast. "Yeah, but Saryn's not that common, I don't even play her that much. And it's not like I take advantage of her OPness for more than a few minutes at a time." Beautiful.

Saryn isn’t that common outside of ESO. and my point still stands, going into a sortie as a new player on public you should expect to be the weakest link in the squad. Not contributing much of anything to the mission and getting most likely one tapped by most enemies. It’s part of the game and instead of crying that someone is carrying you find out why you got carried and become the carrier. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...