Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

Just now, Brey223 said:

She HERSELF isn’t the issue. The damage she does isn’t the issue. They statuses she uses isn’t the issue it’s just the synergy of the 4x damage between spores and miasma. That’s all

Ok then. I agree. So I don't get how a thread with people complaining about that is a problem

hace 7 minutos, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy dijo:

Shows a random saryn with no showing of their build. 

Expects us to take him seriously. 

And you actually shown your total unknowledge about the game. Thanks. 👏

Try yourself and learn to play before talking.

33 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Threads like this is why ember is non existent anymore. Everyone complained that she killed too much and now she’s never seen outside Lith fissures. Nerfing DPS frames is going to bring about the rise of tank meta and then people are gonna complain about how the tanks are too strong. Then it’ll be support frames and so on. 

Ember is non-existent because of a bad rework mixed with an overreaction. That is neither on the fault of players for recognizing she is broken, nor the reality that said issues needed adjusting, and hopefully one day she'll get another rework that finishes the job and leaves her truly better for it. Do you share the same sentiments for Excalibur versus his pre-rework state? Because he went through the same hoops. 

25 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

So you want to get rid up of a way to make the enemy numbers smaller. So when you’re in those endless missions you’re going to get overrun quickly cause you can’t mop up any of the enemies. 

This whole thread is full of people who don’t understand saryn a mechanics. You build her to survive you’re not killing effectively. You build her to kill you aren’t going to survive very well you have to constantly get your spores to spread and her four just does the half health proc. 

If you're struggling to do any level of endless missions without a nuke you are doing something wildly wrong. 

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

Ok then. I agree. So I don't get how a thread with people complaining about that is a problem

People don’t understand her abilities. People are calling for a complete nerf to everything she’s doing. “Nerf her spores” “nerf all her damage” “nerf the damage of her miasma.” Nobody reads her abilities cause when she was fresh off her rework without the 4x damage everyone was happy where she was. Then they added the 4x damage synergy and yeah she blew up everything. 

Just now, Cubewano said:

Ember is non-existent because of a bad rework mixed with an overreaction. That is neither on the fault of players for recognizing she is broken, nor the reality that said issues needed adjusting, and hopefully one day she'll get another rework that finishes the job and leaves her truly better for it. Do you share the same sentiments for Excalibur versus his pre-rework state? Because he went through the same hoops. 

If you're struggling to do any level of endless missions without a nuke you are doing something wildly wrong. 

Nukes aren’t needed but they’re very useful for taking the stress off the team. If someone goes down it’s nice to have someone clear the enemies to make it easier to get them back up. 

• Like 2

hace 2 minutos, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy dijo:

Nice counter argument.

When I challenge your post because of the lack of proof you go "go learn the game br00000" 

Because what I did can be tried by yourself and EVERYONE but you know Saryn mechanics.

On 2019-08-02 at 12:00 PM, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

That's pretty much my opinion.. op has to consider that there are people doing the exact same thing for thousands of hours, doing everything possible to speed up the process by any means necessary.. and have no interest in killing the enmies one by one like a new player..

exactly this when I restarted on pc I didn't  feel like playing like a newbie I went straight for good aoe frames so I could nuke for my friends who I brought with me while I taught them the ropes some people have spent literally years playing this game and don't want to try hard they want efficiency and that's how warframe is a game of efficiency you get used to it kills don't matter its pve its a team game and if your team mate wasn't carrying you as a newish player you probably wouldn't be having a good time in a sortie to begin with we have people running 11 hour survivals you think you have it bad with level 60-100 mobs wait till they have literal millions of ehp from scaling point is don't feel bad enjoy your tea we don't need a problem for older players who just want to get the job done we lost ember her range is dead bc people with opinions like yours 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

You're not wrong. You could even make a case that Nidus and Inaros are unfair for new players. And that Trinity! How dare she have infinite energy and healing! 😉 

But seriously I don't think the problem will be solved by lowering the abilities of the good DPS frames but in lifting up some of the others, leaving more choices in team composition, etc. 

I am super behind an Ember rework. I played a card game inspired by feudal-Japanese culture for years called Legend of the Five Rings. In L5r you took the role of a Daimyo of one of the eight major clans. My clan was the Phoenix Clan, the undisputed masters of the magical arts. Most feared amoungst their shugenja (wizard priests, magic in rokugan was a prayer, not a spell, to the sentient gods that made up reality.) were those that specialized in the Ring of Fire. 

I just want Ember to be a fire shugenja. See the source image

LotFR was a pen and paper RPG first, I believe.

• Like 1

Just now, Brey223 said:

Nukes aren’t needed but they’re very useful for taking the stress off the team. If someone goes down it’s nice to have someone clear the enemies to make it easier to get them back up. 

This is only making me further convinced you are doing something wrong if you need stress relief in a game where being downed hasn't been a means for concern in several years. You have gotten past the second dream right? (also if the frame can so effortlessly clear a room during a panic moment one can wonder how is there a stressful moment to begin with given that kind of dominance)

Almost tempted to touch on how that role should belong to supports as well, but it seems trite. 

12 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

And you actually shown your total unknowledge about the game. Thanks. 👏

Try yourself and learn to play before talking.

Well no, there are multiple other factors that come into it like ability damage

12 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

agreed

12 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

People don’t understand her abilities. People are calling for a complete nerf to everything she’s doing. “Nerf her spores” “nerf all her damage” “nerf the damage of her miasma.” Nobody reads her abilities cause when she was fresh off her rework without the 4x damage everyone was happy where she was. Then they added the 4x damage synergy and yeah she blew up everything. 

I agree with you on that

11 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Or just go into void mode

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Well no, there are multiple other factors that come into it like ability damage

agreed

I agree with you on that

Or just go into void mode

There are times that I don’t have that time to do that otherwise they’re dead fully. So it is nice to have someone there to mop up the enemies. 

8 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

LotFR was a pen and paper RPG first, I believe.

Actually (insert nerd voice). It was a card game, THEN a Tabletop like warhammer, THEN an RPG. And as of today the only thing in that IP still worth playing is the 4th Edition RPG. FFG bought the IP and, well, they destroyed the card game and made the RPG into a new one that uses Narrative dice and not d10's. Sigh. 

And it's L5R, not LotFR! 😉 

Edited by (NSW)Badger

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I challenge you to find one instance where I did that

Your % quote.

Let me be a bit blunt here.

There will always be mouth breathers who cant assemble a build to carry a sortie who will complain Saryn is op.

If I can get 72% damage with Wu in Eso 8 vs a 26 Saryn, then you can buff your Rhino enough to get those 10 kills and not feel bored.

Edited by Ver1dian

Just now, (NSW)Badger said:

Actually (insert nerd voice). It was a card game, THEN a Tabletop like warhammer, THEN an RPG. And as of today the only thing in that IP still worth playing is the 4th Edition RPG. FFG bought the IP and, well, they destroyed the card game and made the RPG into a new one that uses Narrative dice and not d10's. Sigh. 

ahh I stand corrected. I never played it, did character creation but never got to play the game itself. I was playing a woman umm Daimyo? She was masquerading as a man, so she was in a dangerous situation. 

I never played the card game. I only recently got interested in card games, and despised them previously. Though I did play a somewhat simple one that was Bible based where you tried to damn the souls of your opponent while saving your own souls. haha

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

I never understood why 'mouth breather' was an insult. Some people have a deviated septum, man! 😉 

No offence, I was looking for the least banable expression 😕

Edited by Ver1dian

IMHO, OP and some of those who support the idea and acknowledge there is a problem, while IMO there is none, are those types of people who like tedious combat, bullet sponge enemies, and grunting characters. I personally hated the Division and while spent quite a lot in Mass Effect Andromeda, did not really enjoy it mostly due to weak powers and spongy overleveled and dumb enemies.

WF does not have the best AI but surely you cannot say that powers are useless, well, unless facing a horde of nullifiers, or enemies are sponges, well, unless it is sortie Lephantis. So, yes, you can nerf Saryn, Mesa, Mag, Volt, Harrow, Loki (now, seriously, invisible and can run, wtf), Ivara (permanent invisibility is silly), Nidus, Valkyr, Rhino (he is too survivable), Nezha, Frost, Inaros, etc etc, nobody would remain to play the game apart from a few selected persistent fellows who really like to take it slow and put a grunting effort to kill level 20 enemies with end game maxed weapons, frames, and mods. So, no, thank you, I think you'll be enjoying this state of affairs on your own. 😉

Edited by akots
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

none taken, I breathe through my nose. But I've got a good friend that, despite never having snorted anything ever, has a deviated septum. I was just teasing, anyway. 

Yeah, my GF's got the same, you always wonder if they're sighing at you or just breathing 😄

9 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Your % quote.

Let me be a bit blunt here.

There will always be mouth breathers who cant assemble a build to carry a sortie who will complain Saryn is op.

If I can get 72% damage with Wu in Eso 8 vs a 26 Saryn, then you can buff your Rhino enough to get those 10 kills and not feel bored.

Well I didn't manipulate evidence like you for 1. That was from my observation. You instantly lose by lying.

I don't like saryn because even with their 26% damage she doesnt deserve or work for it

Edited by WoodedSkate89