MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

yes lets nerf more frames then no one will buy saryn prime when she becomes unvaulted.

1 frame out of 40 frames being nerf when it only has a special use in ESO since no other game mode even requires that many kills except long survival runs which are pointless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

you should expect to be the weakest link in the squad... instead of crying that someone is carrying you find out why you got carried and become the carrier.

That's not what this is about though. Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but my understanding of the issue is that it's not about being weaker than other players, it's about not getting to play the game. If it's a co-operative game, we shouldn't be competing for having something to do. If I bring my slick new setup to a Sortie and it becomes a snoozefest because a Miasma-spam Saryn aces the whole map every few seconds, I'm not annoyed because of Saryn doing so much better than me on those end-mission numbers. I'm annoyed because my mission was boring. And "becoming the carrier" doesn't help, because Miasma-spam Saryn is as boring as getting your teeth cleaned. I want the game to be exciting, but then this dumb low-effort build removes the excitement.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

That's not what this is about though. Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but my understanding of the issue is that it's not about being weaker than other players, it's about not getting to play the game. If it's a co-operative game, we shouldn't be competing for having something to do. If I bring my slick new setup to a Sortie and it becomes a snoozefest because a Miasma-spam Saryn aces the whole map every few seconds, I'm not annoyed because of Saryn doing so much better than me on those end-mission numbers. I'm annoyed because my mission was boring. And "becoming the carrier" doesn't help, because Miasma-spam Saryn is as boring as getting your teeth cleaned. I want the game to be exciting, but then this dumb low-effort build removes the excitement.

You don’t have to be a saryn to carry. I’ve carried sorties with nezha. Using his augments and abilities to help out everyone. INCLUDING the new players. Not all the sortie missions call for a saryn and in some instances it’s a detriment (radiation hazard I’m looking at you). Again though if you’re new to sorties you should expect to not have a lot to do because EVERYONE is out performing you. 

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

WEW, 250k? How did you manage that? Unless you mean 250k over a span of 3 minutes.

No, Saryn`s Spore damage caps at 250K per tic.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No, Saryn`s Spore damage caps at 250K per tic.

You'll never realistically going to meet that amount of damage. Using the cap as some sort of argument that implies that Saryn enters the world and thanossnaps the map with 250k damage is just misleading.

Besides, it's 100k, not 250k.

unknown.png

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Applause 2

19 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Saryn isn’t that common outside of ESO. and my point still stands, going into a sortie as a new player on public you should expect to be the weakest link in the squad. Not contributing much of anything to the mission and getting most likely one tapped by most enemies. It’s part of the game and instead of crying that someone is carrying you find out why you got carried and become the carrier. 

You do so by becoming the nuker. It's a never-ending cycle of S#&$.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, moostar95 said:

You do so by becoming the nuker. It's a never-ending cycle of S#&$.

I’ve carried sorties with nezha and wisp. You don’t need to be a nuker to carry. Nice try though. 

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

I’ve carried sorties with nezha and wisp. You don’t need to be a nuker to carry. Nice try though. 

Cool story bruh. Same with mag and gara. Solo 99% of the time too. Nice troll response. Try harder. 

Edited by moostar95
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m confused by this. You joined a lobby, and someone was playing their game they way they wanted to, and you just sat there? Why not leave? I do this all the time. When a Limbo is there, being a terrible Limbo. Or if a Volt is just spamming speed every 5 seconds. Just leave. Find a different lobby. Why force you beliefs on other people. (I also don’t open the door for jehovah witnesses)

• Applause 4

Posted (edited)

Tbh if you think sayrn as gonna mess things up in your squad then just be like me and leave the squad to avoid the impending boredom.

thats what i do, frames i especially look out for in this case are mesa, saryn, equinox, and banshee, granted i haven't seen a banshee in a while so that has yet to be seen...

Edited by Kingdom_key599
additions, typo
  • Like 2

Just now, The_Mustachio said:

I’m confused by this. You joined a lobby, and someone was playing their game they way they wanted to, and you just sat there? Why not leave? I do this all the time. When a Limbo is there, being a terrible Limbo. Or if a Volt is just spamming speed every 5 seconds. Just leave. Find a different lobby. Why force you beliefs on other people. (I also don’t open the door for jehovah witnesses)

That’s something a lot of people don’t think about. I’ve had radiation hazard assassinations where we kept being killed by a dude doing the spin-2-win attarax. I just left and found a different squad 

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

yes lets nerf more frames then no one will buy saryn prime when she becomes unvaulted.

1 frame out of 40 frames being nerf when it only has a special use in ESO since no other game mode even requires that many kills except long survival runs which are pointless.

and defense, and partially in mobile, oh yeah kuva survival and any other camping enviroment such as interception, pretty much anywhere except extermination and spy

"She is only good for one thing that you will see for like 70% of the time, but other than that she is a normal frame I swear". Some of you people are coming up with the weirdest excuses to justify easy cheesy tactics in order to keep your press to win toy. The game has farming so we need something that can trivialize enemy hordes? WF is a co op so it's okay for one frame to do 95% of the work while the others can't even target something before it's dead?

I see Saryn quite often outside ESO, as a matter of fact I only enter eso when NW has a challenge regarding it since I've got everything from there and my focus has been maxed ages ago. It's okay to admit that some frames are the actual master races, it's not like DE will do anything about it but, at very least, do not make up excuse to justify the horrendous power creep they bring. Not going to spend any more time on this as reason is wasted when all you want is an excuse to keep doing what makes you feel good.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

and defense, and partially in mobile, oh yeah kuva survival and any other camping enviroment such as interception, pretty much anywhere except extermination and spy

"She is only good for one thing that you will see for like 70% of the time, but other than that she is a normal frame I swear". Some of you people are coming up with the weirdest excuses to justify easy cheesy tactics in order to keep your press to win toy. The game has farming so we need something that can trivialize enemy hordes? WF is a co op so it's okay for one frame to do 95% of the work while the others can't even target something before it's dead?

I see Saryn quite often outside ESO, as a matter of fact I only enter eso when NW has a challenge regarding it since I've got everything from there and my focus has been maxed ages ago. It's okay to admit that some frames are the actual master races, it's not like DE will do anything about it but, at very least, do not make up excuse to justify the horrendous power creep they bring. Not going to spend any more time on this as reason is wasted when all you want is an excuse to keep doing what makes you feel good.

People need to learn to just go with the flow of the game and stop taking it all so seriously.de are clowns with game balance and the community is to also blame. Nothing isn't going to change.

• Upvote 1

Let's take this into consideration, first, before nerf requests are thrown out.

Almost every game in existence has 'meta' builds. RPG's, FPS', even Tabletop games have their own Meta's, like Monopoly, etc.

There will always be something, strategy wise, ability wise, etc, that works best moreso than anything else, even if the other things can be viable as well.

Saryn is definitely extremely powerful, but what you got to understand is that is what this game is about.

The power fantasy. You are a Space Ninja, you go in a mission as Saryn, you run through your enemies in a wave of poison and bile and then you leave.

In a game such as this, with such odd scaling on the enemies, Saryn is a positive.

Regardless if other builds work just as fine. Because Saryn is basically what we call the "Powerscaling fixer" here, enemies with SO much health, SO much armor, are treated as hard, yet still normal enemies, to Saryn, as well as the team that is assisting.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

If it's a co-operative game, we shouldn't be competing for having something to do.

This game isn't a co-operative game tho. It just has co-operative elements. Nothing requires co-op (with the exception of possibly Railjack) If DE wanted to fix this they would have to redesign WF at fundamental level. This won't happen. 

Best advice for OP is to pick a frame to enjoy, and know your role and do it well. (Example: If Trinity and Saryn go into a match obviously Saryn will get most of the kills.) Or pre make a squad or solo. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, Brey223 said:

You don’t have to be a saryn to carry. I’ve carried sorties with nezha. Using his augments and abilities to help out everyone. INCLUDING the new players. Not all the sortie missions call for a saryn and in some instances it’s a detriment (radiation hazard I’m looking at you). Again though if you’re new to sorties you should expect to not have a lot to do because EVERYONE is out performing you. 

1 hour ago, Brey223 said:

In both of these replies I'm not sure you get the point.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kingdom_key599:

Tbh if you think sayrn as gonna mess things up in your squad then just be like me and leave the squad to avoid the impending boredom.

thats what i do, frames i especially look out for in this case are mesa, saryn, equinox, and banshee, granted i haven't seen a banshee in a while so that has yet to be seen...

Banshee? What the hell is she doing in that list..?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

eh I dont see saryn anywhere outside eso but I guess thats a PC thing.

Meanwhile Baruuk is the true dps frame (able to hit your walls aoe) and cant be nerf since he is rarely used.

5 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

There's honestly no point in nerfing any other Warframes until Mesa gets nerfed.

1. Equip Nova

2. Walk up to turret Mesa

3. Press 3

4. ???

5. Grofit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

The power fantasy. You are a Space Ninja, you go in a mission as Saryn, you run through your enemies in a wave of poison and bile and then you leave.

Power fantasy this, power fantasy that. My power fantasy isn't walking around and watching enemies being erased by someone else before they even leave their spawn points.

Your power fantasies are getting in the way of this being a multiplayer game.

32 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

Regardless if other builds work just as fine. Because Saryn is basically what we call the "Powerscaling fixer" here, enemies with SO much health, SO much armor, are treated as hard, yet still normal enemies, to Saryn, as well as the team that is assisting.

Going from 100 to 0 isn't fixing anything, it's creating a different problem.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve played melee saryn and nyx and they aren’t that different 

1 has abilities that do aoe dps and the other is an aoe cc 

I went into a pub eso with a saryn not too long ago as an unranked nyx and was only about 250 kills off from the saryn

on a fundamental level the Warframe saryn herself isn’t the only thing that’s putting in work

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

Saryn is definitely extremely powerful, but what you got to understand is that is what this game is about.

Stop saying this is a power fantasy of course saryn is going to do be good at killing its what she was designed to do but spamming spores and miasma doesn’t make you a good saryn or player or what is most beneficial for the mission 

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX
  • Like 1

The best thing to do is play solo or with friends, it's really the only way to have any fun these days.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Haha welcome to Warframe my friend. That was my exact reaction when I started playing as well. Except it involved a Mesa deleting the entire Plains of Eidolon tileset with her 4, and later some guy melting everything with his 6-forma rivened Amprex.

Let me be honest with you: I don't think new players still completing the star chart should be matched with maxed out veterans. Later, you will also find there are weapons and frames that are just as crazy as Saryn! She is not the tankiest frame, and there are much better frames for very high level content. Half the time, Saryns drop out of Arbitrations after 30 mins, or I'm just constantly rezzing their ass. That being said, very few do this content and DE doesn't develop it any longer.

In general, a heads up: WF isn't balanced in any way whatsoever and you will find worse problems later. Many still enjoy the game, and here I am still playing 1200 hours later.

Saryn can be fixed in two ways without breaking the frame at all, which has been discussed quite a bit. One, decrease the tick rate of her spores. Or two, take away the CC component of spores and make the beetch use some mechanics to survive.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1