Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

17 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Knowing this guy...

Can you even show me a screenshot of 1 million Rhino armor? That shouldn't even require a Saryn to be in your party with you.

But I guess you're lying about that too so we're done here. You, and others like you, know nothing about the game and yet come to the forums and talk as if you know everything. You're on here trying to crap on other people's MRs when you yourself are a MR11. You talk like you know the game and how people play it without skill yet your stated method of going through ESO is to use no skill at all (rhino iron skin, stomp, ignis).

9 minutes ago, uAir said:

Yeah, show me. Invite me and do it.

And really, you're going to Rhino stomp and use Iron Skin? Isn't that... a serious lack of skill? lol
But still, I want to see you do it. Let's go.

What is it about me that you don't believe?

I can mod with 1 mil iron skin

Or

That an infinite supply 1 mil iron skin + 1 mil damage being put on people and stomp damage with a roar damage buff can survive ESO

2 minutes ago, uAir said:

Can you even show me a screenshot of 1 million Rhino armor? That shouldn't even require a Saryn to be in your party with you.

But I guess you're lying about that too so we're done here. You, and others like you, know nothing about the game and yet come to the forums and talk as if you know everything. You're on here trying to crap on other people's MRs when you yourself are a MR11. You talk like you know the game and how people play it without skill yet your stated method of going through ESO is to use no skill at all (rhino iron skin, stomp, ignis).

You're a hypocrite, a liar, and I hope you realize it and learn to better yourself before you make a fool of yourself in the real world like how you do online.

Thats what you don't believe me about. I took the augments from this guys build and buffed out rhino's stomp but you get the point

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

Thats what you don't believe me about. I took the augments from this guys build and buffed out rhino's stomp but you get the point

Is that your Rhino video? Did you make it? Why are you showing other people's stuff?

I'm MR 27. I've done this multiple times already.
I never said Rhino 1mil is impossible. I'm saying YOU, specifically YOU, can't do it.
Just like how YOU can't carry ESO.

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

Note how he stopped replying the second I prove him wrong

Show me a screenshot of YOUR rhino at 1mil. And don't cheese it and go to the simulacrum. Show me it at ESO.

1 minute ago, uAir said:

Is that your Rhino video? Did you make it? Why are you showing other people's stuff?

I'm MR 27. I've done this multiple times already.
I never said Rhino 1mil is impossible. I'm saying YOU, specifically YOU, can't do it.
Just like how YOU can't carry ESO.

BOI.

This is the best case of denial.

It is not my rhino video. The video pointed out which augments to use. I used them and then added damage and duration mods.

If I use the right augments (Hell even if a MR2 did) they could get it

4 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Would I nerf Rhino or make him farmable at say, Kela's place?

Nidus passive to be inactive come the next time this event rolls around? Hek no! 

Thank you.

I don't enjoy Rhinos or Hildryns or etc, nor playing with them on the same team, but I dont want others' toys taken away on my accout.

Same should be said for Saryn, main or not I have use for her, which I don't want to vanish into obscurity.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

this point im fairly certain you're either a troll or a complete moron.

1. AR riven or not aren't that good.

So a Soma riven with crit chance, base damage and multishot is bad?

2. Rhino is NOT the 1st frame you get, since he gives bonus damage and durability new players dont learn to mod properly.

You get him from the Jackal right? That's the first boss (apart from captain Vor)

3.The actual expression is put a filter between your brain and mouth, but we're typing.

There's 2. Between your eyes and that one. Which you said neither

The hell with it, you're a full blown retard, soma and ignis have clear differences to someone with half a brain cell to compare them like that.

I'm aware that they have a difference.

Ignis - AoE

Soma - Concentrated fire

Most people use the wraith because it's easier

No you sponge for brains, a Soma with a godlike riven is worse than a shotgun or beam without one in the majority of content.

Rhino is not a starter frame hence he's not the 1st frame you get. Period.

Don't try to wiesel yourself out of your own incompetenence, I obviously said you need to think long and hard before you write.

The way soma and ignis interact with diferent types and levels of enemies is different, not that pathetic excuse of an explanation you've given

3 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Next time I'm in a game with a saryn, I'll ss it especially for you

I'm waiting since yestersay.

Better yet, I'll bet you I'll delete my saryn if you get more than 20% damage vs me with rhino and soma, heck, I'll be generous, do 10 and I'll give you 1k plat.

Edited by Ver1dian

12 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

No you sponge for brains, a Soma with a godlike riven is worse than a shotgun or beam without one in the majority of content.

Don't try to wiesel yourself out of your own incompetenence, I obviously said you need to think long and hard before you write.

The way soma and ignis interact with diferent types and levels of enemies is different, not that pathetic excuse of an explanation you've given

Better yet, I'll bet you I'll delete my saryn if you get more than 20% damage vs me with rhino and soma, heck, I'll be generous, do 10 and I'll give you 1k plat.

Perhaps I should clarify for him.

Rhino is the first frame you can farm for.

42 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

What a great insult, "sponge for brains". That's the kinda thing the 5 year olds call eachother over who gets the last juicebox.

Soma Prime, and that's just one of the things I use. I use Vaykor Hek with Scattered Justice (Don't even try and say thats bad)

He's the first non starter made accessible to players from the Jackal. Most players go for rhino. Also I said that he's the first frame you can get from a boss fight.

"Wiesel" I cant... smh. You mean "Weasel"

OK daddy I'll go have a long hard think in the naughty corner.

Lets see...

You're a c***.

My explanation was true. Ignis wraith does excel at AoE. Would you like me to write a 5 page essay on the pros and cons, teacher?

"I'm waiting till yesterday"

"3 hours ago"

Bruh. That's an easy 1k plat.

If you're trying to say that you get 90% + damage as a saryn on ESO. Either you have a godly build, the people you're matchmaked with are trash or you're lying

2 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

just do what I did to someone on here and block each other. At this point, you two are just fighting and nothing isn't getting resolved.

Blocking someone means you lose an argument. Or you just can't stand what someone else has to say

18 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

just do what I did to someone on here and block each other. At this point, you two are just fighting and nothing isn't getting resolved.

Thank you for that.

No sarcasm whatsoever, I was about to go at him again, but there's no point to argue with strangers on the internet, especially when the "facts" they concoct are from neverland.

On 2019-08-02 at 5:13 PM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map

What frame were you playing as?

On 2019-08-02 at 12:13 PM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

Saryn doesn't need a nerf, tbh shes only ever useful for these things. So if i were you, i would just not say anything at all, not to sound rude though. But it looks like you're not only new at Warframe, you're probably new to MMO's in general.

Every MMO has cheese strategies for some things, that's not something new, far from being new...

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

Yes, something can be done, her augments can get buffs :-P.

Hint to DE. Those no.1 elemental power augments are not equivalent:

1) The elements are not all equally valuable.

2) Some frames have a lot more flexibility in swapping mods in or out than others.

3) Frames have different affinities for different stats. Some will suit those augments, others won't.

4) Some frames are hard pressed to find time to cast everything. Others aren't.

Saryn pretty much hits all of these points positively while other frames struggle to even hit one.

Edited by schilds

I very much sympathize with the OP, as I agree that Saryn gets really overbearing in some circumstances, to the point where she basically steals everyone else's gameplay. She's not the only one who does this, either, as frames like Equinox and Ember have the same core problem of being able to constantly damage enemies without even having to be aware of their existence (though Ember is so ridiculously weak right now that she's not a problem in most missions). In this respect, I would like to see her changed so that she no longer does this.

However, I also think much of the discussion is mired in arguments on whether or not Saryn needs to be nerfed, which I think ultimately detracts from reasonable conversation more than it helps: personally, I do think Saryn's a bit too strong, but I think her main issue comes from her design, not just her balance, and I could be fine with an even stronger Saryn if that Saryn no longer turned missions into a walking simulator for her teammates.

For example, if Spores were changed to no longer be able to deal lethal damage, while still being able to bring enemies down to 1 health, this would fully resolve the OP's problem: because enemies would no longer die on their own, and would need some other damage source, players would have more to do, and because these enemies would be so fragile, Saryn would be enabling kills for her entire team. While Saryn herself wouldn't be able to kill enemies quite so automatically, she'd still have Miasma to clear, and due to the way Spores propagate, it would be essentially impossible for her Spores plague to disappear or decay.

Thus, with this one change, it could potentially be a win-win for both Saryn and her teammates: Saryn would have a much easier time managing her plague, and would genuinely help out the rest of her squad, bringing out her debuffer aspect more while still retaining the ability to nuke. If this change were to weaken her, though, there are plenty of ways in which she could be buffed: her Miasma could have its range increased, Toxic Lash could last longer, Spores could have their status chance raised, she could have more base armor and so on.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Did you get taxi'd and skipped pretty much the entire star chart when you were a young wee tenno or what?

No I solod all up to sorties, any other brilliant deduction?

Can you actually answer a question rather than attempt some half assed personal attacks?

Edited by Ver1dian