MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

The only way to win an argument on the Warframe Forums is not to have one. Mutually assured destruction. 

True

But there are multiple ways to lose one. That being one of them

48 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Perhaps I should clarify for him.

Rhino is the first frame you can farm for.

So suddenly any of his incoherent rambling makes sense?

18 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

just do what I did to someone on here and block each other. At this point, you two are just fighting and nothing isn't getting resolved.

Thank you for that.

No sarcasm whatsoever, I was about to go at him again, but there's no point to argue with strangers on the internet, especially when the "facts" they concoct are from neverland.

23 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

bruh

Rhino is the first frame you can farm for, fact

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

Did you get taxi'd and skipped pretty much the entire star chart when you were a young wee tenno or what?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Perhaps I should clarify for him.

Rhino is the first frame you can farm for.

Perhaps you two should be kissing.

On 2019-08-02 at 5:13 PM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map

What frame were you playing as?

My question is, how can a thread full of insults and derailing be in feedback? 🤔 Mods don't make sense anymore..

On topic: just enjoy the few minutes of carrying and continue on after the mission. 

You act like saryn is in every single mission in the entire game which is just not true.

People take her into mission to speed it up because they already played those missions thousands of times.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-02 at 12:13 PM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

Saryn doesn't need a nerf, tbh shes only ever useful for these things. So if i were you, i would just not say anything at all, not to sound rude though. But it looks like you're not only new at Warframe, you're probably new to MMO's in general.

Every MMO has cheese strategies for some things, that's not something new, far from being new...

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

Posted (edited)

Yes, something can be done, her augments can get buffs :-P.

Hint to DE. Those no.1 elemental power augments are not equivalent:

1) The elements are not all equally valuable.

2) Some frames have a lot more flexibility in swapping mods in or out than others.

3) Frames have different affinities for different stats. Some will suit those augments, others won't.

4) Some frames are hard pressed to find time to cast everything. Others aren't.

Saryn pretty much hits all of these points positively while other frames struggle to even hit one.

Edited by schilds

Posted (edited)

I very much sympathize with the OP, as I agree that Saryn gets really overbearing in some circumstances, to the point where she basically steals everyone else's gameplay. She's not the only one who does this, either, as frames like Equinox and Ember have the same core problem of being able to constantly damage enemies without even having to be aware of their existence (though Ember is so ridiculously weak right now that she's not a problem in most missions). In this respect, I would like to see her changed so that she no longer does this.

However, I also think much of the discussion is mired in arguments on whether or not Saryn needs to be nerfed, which I think ultimately detracts from reasonable conversation more than it helps: personally, I do think Saryn's a bit too strong, but I think her main issue comes from her design, not just her balance, and I could be fine with an even stronger Saryn if that Saryn no longer turned missions into a walking simulator for her teammates.

For example, if Spores were changed to no longer be able to deal lethal damage, while still being able to bring enemies down to 1 health, this would fully resolve the OP's problem: because enemies would no longer die on their own, and would need some other damage source, players would have more to do, and because these enemies would be so fragile, Saryn would be enabling kills for her entire team. While Saryn herself wouldn't be able to kill enemies quite so automatically, she'd still have Miasma to clear, and due to the way Spores propagate, it would be essentially impossible for her Spores plague to disappear or decay.

Thus, with this one change, it could potentially be a win-win for both Saryn and her teammates: Saryn would have a much easier time managing her plague, and would genuinely help out the rest of her squad, bringing out her debuffer aspect more while still retaining the ability to nuke. If this change were to weaken her, though, there are plenty of ways in which she could be buffed: her Miasma could have its range increased, Toxic Lash could last longer, Spores could have their status chance raised, she could have more base armor and so on.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Did you get taxi'd and skipped pretty much the entire star chart when you were a young wee tenno or what?

No I solod all up to sorties, any other brilliant deduction?

Can you actually answer a question rather than attempt some half assed personal attacks?

Edited by Ver1dian

2 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

My question is, how can a thread full of insults and derailing be in feedback? 🤔 Mods don't make sense anymore..

On topic: just enjoy the few minutes of carrying and continue on after the mission. 

You act like saryn is in every single mission in the entire game which is just not true.

People take her into mission to speed it up because they already played those missions thousands of times.

I'm wondering the same thing. There was a mod locking other threads which is likely how this one got moved. But it seems like the mod didn't even bother to read OP's post or even look at some of the last few pages before dumping this trash here. It not being locked may be down to no one bothering to report it because we're too busy laughing at the people tossing around insults.  

Posted (edited)

Saryn has an interesting gameplay. But the problem is her 4 abilities. Disputes should not spread by themselves. Or Saryn should lose most of her damage when using 4 ability.

Edited by zhellon
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Nothing should be done to Saryn. Your childish vining already caused several nerfs. Ember has been literally destroyed as a frame by a small bunch of people constantly complaining.
Saryn is still a perfect frame for SO/ESO, but yet, she's very limited on anything else. You don't seem to take it on account, are you?
Basically you want to nerf a frame for being good at the sole thing he's supposed to be good at. That's frankly stupid.

And sometimes, it's even hypocritical. Nerf saryn, so that I can enjoy my meme strike killing spree again! Wonderful. Go on, m8
I'm not even mentioning volt/gara/any other thing that can even outperform Saryn on several occasions.

The only reason you're praying for the nerf, is that Saryn is overused. Everybody knows how to build her. Once you nerf her, believe me, you'll see Gara everyfockingthere. And it's gonna be the same vining again. Just accept your god damn fate. Don't play with Saryn players, if you don't like it. Why should everybody else suffer because of you not getting something so easy to understand?

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 5

il y a 10 minutes, TeaHawk a dit :
Just accept your god damn fate.Don't play with Saryn players, if you don't like it.Why should everybody else suffer because of you not getting something so easy to understand?

It's easy. Give the option to disable Saryn in my party. Once again, Saryn itself does not need nerf. Needs a nerf in combination 1-4-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4. I'm not advocating the right that nuck frame shouldn't exist, but Saryn should have the same issues as Equinox so the team can help, not just stay in most of the content. There has never been a warframe that could destroy enemies just by standing still and pressing buttons.All warframes followed mechanics one way or another or had their own problems. But saryn has no problem at all, other than nullifiers and similar creatures she can distract with her skin. It's just the perfect frame to do nothing. The game should not encourage this.

8 hours ago, uAir said:

Perhaps you two should be kissing.

Perhaps you should go back to denial that rhino can't get 1mil armor

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

Once again, Saryn itself does not need nerf. Needs a nerf in combination 1-4-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4.

->Saryn itself does not need nerf
->But saryn needs nerf
I'm a little bit confused. Can you help me?

Saryn should have the same issues

Saryn is a different frame. Why should it have same issues?

But saryn has no problem at all

She has a couple. She's not good at all at surviving anything higher than 60 lvl. She needs a healer/buffer.

She cannot stockpile energy. As enemies she's killing are dying far away, she can sometimes run out of energy.
After combining these two flaws it's not hard to understand, that Saryn nuker requiers some help to be effective.

Then, Saryn is not a good frame for any relic opening due to her ability to destroy enemies before they get charged by void.
Then, Saryn is not a good choice for Capture, Stealth, Rescue, Survival, Assassination, Eidolon/Profitaker hunting, etc.

The only thing that makes Saryn shine is her nuke abilities. And many of you want to take it away on premise that it is game-breaking.

It's just the perfect frame to do nothing.

You actually should manage stacks. I'm sorry to say that, but it's harder than press mesa's 4. And it's harder than Gara's 4-1-4-1 spamming. Oh, yeah, you probably don't even know what Gara can do. With energy digging kubrow and arcane energise you can literally stand on the one single spot the whole mission without moving at all and destroy everything. I've put some effort in finding good riven for melee. I've seen aoe damage scaling to numbers you won't believe.
Any Saryn I've seen could be outperformed by Staticor+Mirage combination at some point. Mesa is able to compete with saryn already after 6th room on ESO. And so on.

But no. Saryn is the evil one.

But you still don't get one simple thing: people are always going to look for meta. This is a keystone of any looter-shooter, of any grinding game. Currently Saryn is a victim of being simply over-hyped. But she's not the single, and surely not the best method. I want you to understand that. If you really want this to change, you need to change the whole system. You need to nerf a lot of content, re-balance enemies, loot drops, everything. You'll get to see the exact same threads about another nuking method soon otherwise.

Also by complaining you only make matters worse, because every new player now thinks that Saryn is op and he should definitely make one.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Upvote 2

il y a 3 minutes, TeaHawk a dit :
She has a couple. She's not good at all at surviving anything higher than 60 lvl. She needs a healer/buffer.

I have no problem even with level 200 mobs, why do you need support at level 60? Have you tried to use the skin, so as not to receive damage? Or use build on high EHP, because unlike Mesa or Equinox, Saryn has armor? But you can distract mobs for any level using the agro system of skin. If you have problems with damage, then we live in different worlds apart. Saryn does not need any support. Even the energy costs are quite small. 

il y a 7 minutes, TeaHawk a dit :

Saryn is a different frame. Why should it have same issues?

Certainly. The very mechanics of the dispute requires that YOU or YOUR ALLIES kill the mobs, in order that spores spread. It's a good system. But when you use your 4 ability - it's just all the breaks and it turns out that you don't need to do anything to spread the dispute. This mechanic needs to be changed, or provide a debuff to damage dispute. 

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I have no problem even with level 200 mobs, why do you need support at level 60? Have you tried to use the skin, so as not to receive damage? Or use build on high EHP, because unlike Mesa or Equinox, Saryn has armor? But you can distract mobs for any level using the agro system of skin. If you have problems with damage, then we live in different worlds apart. Saryn does not need any support. Even the energy costs are quite small. 

How many slots do you waste on defensive abilities. And how fast your Saryn is after these sacrifices in terms of eliminating enemies?

3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

The very mechanics of the dispute requires that YOU or YOUR ALLIES kill the mobs

Aren't you just killing the mobs by pressing 4?

Posted (edited)
20 минут назад, TeaHawk сказал:

Aren't you just killing the mobs by pressing 4?

Disputes kill enemies and spread by themselves if they are under the influence of her 4 ability. Usually disputes, when killing enemies do not spread.

20 минут назад, TeaHawk сказал:

How many slots do you waste on defensive abilities. And how fast your Saryn is after these sacrifices in terms of eliminating enemies?

3 umbra mods, quick thinking, rage, energy increase, adaptation and mod +90% radius and -60% strength. Don't know how effective it is, but I don't see the difference, mobs die I will not die. Compared to other Saryn in the party, don't lag behind on kills and damage.So I don't really understand the difference between Saryn at 106% strength or 300% strength. Well except that Saryn 300% of the strength has no protection other than skin. Well maybe you will save 1 minute for every 30 minutes of mission.

Edited by zhellon

Just now, zhellon said:

if they are under the influence of her 4 ability.

That means that you're actually consuming some energy to activate 4th ability to... kill. In other words you start killing enemies by pressing 4. Saying otherwise would have the same meaning as famous

"People don't kill — bullets do".

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

3 umbra mods, quick thinking, rage, energy increase, adaptation and mod +90% radius and -60% strength.

How long do you stay on each type of missions? Which frames do you play with in team generally if you have a stable squad? How many enemies do you kill generally per 1h/8 ESO waves? And what is your average enemies killed percentage?

3 минуты назад, TeaHawk сказал:
How long do you stay on each type of missions? Which frames do you play with in team generally if you have a stable squad? How many enemies do you kill generally per 1h/8 ESO waves?

I haven't played it in a long time, so I don't remember. Maby the 8 waves of the ESO 3.5 - 4K enemies. But I can be wrong about efficiency.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I haven't played it in a long time, so I don't remember. Maby the 8 waves of the ESO 3.5 - 4K enemies. But I can be wrong about efficiency.

In that case, I suggest we return to this topic after some further analysis. I'll check if actually Saryn can remain efficient with that kind of setup.
Also, I would like to know your efficiency and how you're supplied with energy on ESO. Are you using arcanes/energy kubrows, trinity-slaves?

Edited by TeaHawk

Только что, TeaHawk сказал:
In that case, I suggest we return to this topic after some further analysis. I'll check if actually Saryn can remain efficient with that kind of setup.

Try. I went to such a build in solo. You can remove the umbra hp and put another mod. In any case, the fantasy to customize is there and you can not only spam 4, but also kill enemies in melee, while healing yourself and getting infinite energy.