Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

So go ahead. I can do ESO 8 wave with sarin in solo without much effort. I can even go for another 4 waves. Can you do it on Loki? My nick Inaros is having problems in ESO. I'm wondering why you're not having problems. Can be Loki has something, from what mobs commit suicide?

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I can say that I can make any frame invulnerable, and what?

if you can mod your frame to survive a hit in eso, which isn't hard, then you can use your melee to clear the whole board.

the frame is irrellavent.

if you're having trouble with innarros it's because you're playing him wrong for the mode.  the goal in eso is to fast clear.  that means you need to abandon his kit entirely because he's slow and instead just use him as a bullet sponge.

for innaros you grab weapons to deal damage, and throw on some arcanes to heal him.  end of story.

i see you also supposedly suggesting i might not be able to do this with loki... i guarantee that's not the case.  to be clear, if anything in the game is challenging for you at any time, you need to figure out why that is and address it because all frames are viable for all things, and when you have access to everything like i do, there is no deficiency you can't vastly overcompensate for.

to be clear, by the time you are mr 16 you have access to everything and can use everything.  after that there is no challenge anymore except collecting more stuff because it won't be long till you are so op that challenge stops being a thing entirely.

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

It makes no sense to adjust the numbers, because it is a direct nerf. As I said, the problem with Saryn Is only in the mechanics of her 4 abilities, which allows her to do nothing. 

I don't mind broken numbers, but let people make an effort.

Personally, for all i care it could even be increased overall and made percentage based to make it better for endurance runs, as long as the damage would be spread over a longer duration with a longer base duration Spore ability so as to not instakill mobs in 99% of content outside of long endurance runs.

Imo. it would also make the ability better overall, since a slower killing Spore could build up way easier than the current version.

On 2019-08-11 at 5:26 PM, Loza03 said:

Wiping the map entirely is the problem

Then make the map the problem, not the ability.

There's so much potential in large scale battles taking place in free roam areas, land or space. 4 warframes holding out entire armies of enemies, not just squads. That's simply just the next step in WF with all the squad-link coming with the Empyrean update.

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

if you're having trouble with innarros it's because you're playing him wrong for the mode.

Abruptly. I use the whip and distribution of status dogs. What am I doing wrong? You know the best method nuck mobs to Inaros?

You understand that everything depends on the generation of the map? You can get a good and efficient map collection, or you can not even try, because the map is too big. Or there are too many walls on the map. After all, several floors. Saryn has no problem because you can press 4 and no worries at all.

You know what? Loki in ESO 8 waves. Whips and Zaw are banned. If you are so cool, show your skills. I'll applaud you if the scale doesn't drop below 50%. And then we'll talk about how easy it is to do it with Saryn.

To avoid being a turd, I'll throw off my video I mentioned (Titania 60 waves arbitration) and state that Saryn will be able to make it much easier. I'd make a video with Sarin, but I don't have the right computer right now.

Спойлер

26 minutes ago, TennoSensei said:

Then make the map the problem, not the ability.

There's so much potential in large scale battles taking place in free roam areas, land or space. 4 warframes holding out entire armies of enemies, not just squads. That's simply just the next step in WF with all the squad-link coming with the Empyrean update.

Accretion isn't a solution. Implementing a space where they are balanced but leaving everything else unbalanced doesn't fix the issues, it just sweeps them under the rug.

• Like 1

The content is the problem, less the frames.

I don't believe that I would have enjoyed Warframe if it didn't offer the unique sort of power that lets me turn my brain off and just grind for hours on end. 

Edited by JuicyPop
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Timcan_57 said:

People weren't playing him because there was better tanks with CC abilities etc.

-> Better tanks 

-> Wukong was literally the only frame that could tank lvl 9999 enemies because...he could become invulnerable...for like, 12 seconds or more... '-' 

You're really on drugs, you don't know what you're talking about.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

If she was any weaker she just wouldn’t be worth using.

But Lotus forbid a DPS frame actually DPS. Maybe we should just make them all like Ember. 

We should nerf Ember then, just in case. /s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

-> Better tanks 

-> Wukong was literally the only frame that could tank lvl 9999 enemies because...he could become invulnerable...for like, 12 seconds or more... '-' 

You're really on drugs, you don't know what you're talking about.

Counterpoint: Actual Data.  (Wukong was not popular)
4X5y4DN.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If she was any weaker she just wouldn’t be worth using.

But Lotus forbid a DPS frame actually DPS. Maybe we should just make them all like Ember. 

No character can do what he is designed to as it seems. Nerf Saryn, then they will find something else to blame, and that infinite cycle will keep repeating forever.  

That's what i hate about democracy, everyone can share their opinions...even people who don't even know what they're talking about.

4 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

Counterpoint: Actual Data.  (Wukong was not popular)
4X5y4DN.png

Being popular is irrelevant, there will always be a frame that isn't played a lot regardless of efficiency.  

Wukong didn't need a rework, frames shouldn't be reworked because people don't play them, they should be reworked if they're not doing what they're designed to do. 

Counterpoint: your argument is trash.

14 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

that's not sarcasm

Yes it was, his "counterpoint" didn't provide anything to the conversation, because i wasn't even talking about popularity, his counterpoint served no purpose. 

I replied with a counterpoint as stupid as his counterpoint. You're new to communication, i guess. 

Edit: Also, ignoring half my comment that was an actual argument lol. Totally making a commentary out of topic to avoid the fact his argument was weak and i destroyed it completely. You thought i hadn't seen this?

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

Alright so everyone that wants saryn nerfed are the same people that want “difficulty” in Warframe. So how would you like to see each and every DPS frame in the game go the route of ember and nerfed down a lot so they hardly if ever get played again. Then we’re gonna see threads saying tanks are too strong so they get nerfed and then supports are too good so they get nerfed. Then all we’ll have is stuff like Loki and ash everywhere cause still no one is going to play CC frames. 

3 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Alright so everyone that wants saryn nerfed are the same people that want “difficulty” in Warframe. So how would you like to see each and every DPS frame in the game go the route of ember and nerfed down a lot so they hardly if ever get played again. Then we’re gonna see threads saying tanks are too strong so they get nerfed and then supports are too good so they get nerfed. Then all we’ll have is stuff like Loki and ash everywhere cause still no one is going to play CC frames. 

Welcome to democracy. 

9 hours ago, zhellon said:

You understand that everything depends on the generation of the map? You can get a good and efficient map collection, or you can not even try, because the map is too big. Or there are too many walls on the map. After all, several floors. Saryn has no problem because you can press 4 and no worries at all.

You know what? Loki in ESO 8 waves. Whips and Zaw are banned. If you are so cool, show your skills. I'll applaud you if the scale doesn't drop below 50%. And then we'll talk about how easy it is to do it with Saryn.

To avoid being a turd, I'll throw off my video I mentioned (Titania 60 waves arbitration) and state that Saryn will be able to make it much easier. I'd make a video with Sarin, but I don't have the right computer right now.

first, map layout only matters if you can't cover it.  if you can"t cover it, add some movement into your build.  there are many ways to do this, the very first i can think of is your operator, which, you know, doesn't matter what your frame is...  if you don't know how to effectively use your void dash in eso, i'd consider that a lack of a basic skill.

next , saryn presses 1, then 4.  it's often overlooked, but there it is.

next, i wasn't ever bragging about my skills, that's kind of the opposite of my point, which is that the game is so easy you can do it with any frame without consideration.

next, of course you can't take a frame that doesn't dps and not give it a beast weapon to clear with in a mode that is based on killing everything as fast as you can.  that said, if i cared to correct you and show you it's still possible, i"d get a polearm with a high riven dispo, put a beast riven on it for 10K with some viral procs modded in and go to town and the job would still get done... and before you continue down this whole you're saying:  take a frame with no meaningful offense, terrible defense, no rivens, no weapons that allow you to clear quickly and then make that work in a mode where killing as fast as you can is the only goal... come on now... at this point we've removed so many systems that the power level of anything viable has dropped 80%, so yeah, eventually if you're like "also it's a zero level frame, not primed, no mods..." then yeah, we're getting into absurd territory that no reasonable person should be doing, and frankly, again, misses the point.  it's not about me being awesome, it's that the game is dumb easy if you use the systems available to you, like so easy, that the game's namesake can be made irrelevant... I'm not sure how that went over your head.

at best i'm a slightly above average player, and that has more to do with my knowledge of the game than my gaming muscle skills.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1