Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

14 hours ago, zhellon said:

1-4-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4-4

I'm sweating.

This is literally any frame.  people complain at one button to win frames but call frames advanced when they use two buttons like nidus or limbo.

this argument is absurd.  the fact are you can wipe tiles with any frame with a melee weapon 1 button push which renders frame choice obsolete anyway, and all frames are viable and able to breeze through any content if you build them right and invest properly in your load out, even the trashiest of trash frames, ember.

pick literally any frame and i can do a sortie and c rotation arb/eso without trying.  i can even do it with auto install mods and random weapons and a minimal amount of effort.

18 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

What planet are you on.

You press 1 and everything is done for you

Yeah, go ahead and try pressing 1 then nothing else. You're a fool.

21 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I find it hilarious that you're clearly not even reading what I'm writing.

Wiping the map entirely is the problem, regardless of having to put effort in or not.

A problem for you, maybe. But its not really a problem.

21 hours ago, zhellon said:

1-4-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4-1-4-4-4-4-4

I'm sweating.

That's not even close to what you do as Saryn. Clearly you need to play with her some more.

i think we can all agree saryn needs more buffs, particularly to range and damage.  i think about about +550% to each at base is in order.  without that how will we sustain ourselves without more tears and salt?

Instead of that,

can we do something about the game modes, enemy AI and armor scaling, spawning, mission difficulty first?

And then we can examine whether we are overpowered or not after all that is addressed properly.

4 minutes ago, TennoSensei said:

Instead of that,

can we do something about the game modes, enemy AI and armor scaling, spawning, mission difficulty first?

And then we can examine whether we are overpowered or not after all that is addressed properly.

stop making sense and reasonable, rational arguments... that has no place here on the forums.

this is the place for tears and salt and screaming at the devs about things we don't understand. 

also i'm fairly certain the devs would have made this happen already if they had any inclination to over the past several years.

10 часов назад, DatDarkOne сказал:

Meaning that yes Ivara can facetank lvl 100's as well as lvl 9999 and it not a theory as it's been done more than once and recorded.  

Okay, we just have a problem with the meaning, I get it. When I mean EHP, I mean clean tank without any abilities. Yes, I know that invulnerability is OP, but people still prefer to play EHP tank up to level 200. And Saryn may well provide it.

Regarding skin, Yes - it is difficult to implement the mechanics, but just because nobody did not prove that it is useless. It's theoretically useful. I can provide videos where I use agro Titania to stand 60 waves of arbitration.(And I would have stood there longer, but the Dex Pixia was useless at lvl 200.) Saryn makes it a lot easier since you can hide the skin behind a wall and ranged mobs won't try to attack you. But personally, I am talking exclusively until level 200, then that is a big part of the content. And I repeat, she too easy to destroy mobs. The problem is her 4. Disputes should not spread by themselves.

9 часов назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

pick literally any frame and i can do a sortie and c rotation arb/eso without trying. i can even do it with auto install mods and random weapons and a minimal amount of effort.

Loki, ESO 8 waves. Lets GO! And just try to say that Loki is a bad frame.

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Loki, ESO 8 waves. Lets GO!

No challenge.  radiating disarm, invis, zaw, don't even need a primary or secondary, this doesn't need to be tested because success is guaranteed.  this is not a worthy challenge.  i can also do an alt build on any frame with all surivivability and not use any abilities at all.

The closest i can get to a challenge in this game is to completely randomize my load out (and make sure i get gear i never forma'd once), and use auto install on all items to guarantee trash mods that make no sense and make sure i never get a good riven put in, and i have to eliminate my gear wheel and not allow myself to use an operator at all, then i have to do a sortie or arbitration C, not eso.  the messed part is, i"ve done both of those many times, and the thing is, i'm not some sort of e sports guru.... i just understand the basic systems of the game and have played long enough to have access to everything.

2 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

A problem for you, maybe. But its not really a problem.

And there's the whole 'not reading what I wrote' thing again, only for several posts past. I've already talked at great length about why nukes and other similar 'mechanics' aren't OK on the larger whole, and talked about it with you.

The game will stagnate as a shooter, as a cooperative experience and as a looting game if we're allowed to continue being at such immensely high power peaks. Alternatively, it will be forced to deviate more and more away from the core gameplay loop to act as a reset button. And either way, anything related to that core loop continues to have to degrade when presented with the effects that the immense efficiency and trivialisation we can apply to it. Increased grind requirements, reduction social play and thinning of the quality and duration of content play.

Like already said, Pablo and DE are already aware of the problem, so we can expect the broken damage numbers in Saryn's Spores to be adjusted Soon™.

No reason to post seriously and unironically here, enjoy the chaos as long as this thread is open instead.

15 минут назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

No challenge. radiating disarm, invis, zaw, don't even need a primary or secondary, this doesn't need to be tested because success is guaranteed. this is not a worthy challenge.

So go ahead. I can do ESO 8 wave with sarin in solo without much effort. I can even go for another 4 waves. Can you do it on Loki? My nick Inaros is having problems in ESO. I'm wondering why you're not having problems. Can be Loki has something, from what mobs commit suicide?

15 минут назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

i can also do an alt build on any frame with all surivivability and not use any abilities at all.

I can say that I can make any frame invulnerable, and what?

1 минуту назад, kgabor сказал:

Like already said, Pablo and DE are already aware of the problem, so we can expect the broken damage numbers in Saryn's Spores to be adjusted Soon™.

It makes no sense to adjust the numbers, because it is a direct nerf. As I said, the problem with Saryn Is only in the mechanics of her 4 abilities, which allows her to do nothing. 
I don't mind broken numbers, but let people make an effort.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

So go ahead. I can do ESO 8 wave with sarin in solo without much effort. I can even go for another 4 waves. Can you do it on Loki? My nick Inaros is having problems in ESO. I'm wondering why you're not having problems. Can be Loki has something, from what mobs commit suicide?

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I can say that I can make any frame invulnerable, and what?

if you can mod your frame to survive a hit in eso, which isn't hard, then you can use your melee to clear the whole board.

the frame is irrellavent.

if you're having trouble with innarros it's because you're playing him wrong for the mode.  the goal in eso is to fast clear.  that means you need to abandon his kit entirely because he's slow and instead just use him as a bullet sponge.

for innaros you grab weapons to deal damage, and throw on some arcanes to heal him.  end of story.

i see you also supposedly suggesting i might not be able to do this with loki... i guarantee that's not the case.  to be clear, if anything in the game is challenging for you at any time, you need to figure out why that is and address it because all frames are viable for all things, and when you have access to everything like i do, there is no deficiency you can't vastly overcompensate for.

to be clear, by the time you are mr 16 you have access to everything and can use everything.  after that there is no challenge anymore except collecting more stuff because it won't be long till you are so op that challenge stops being a thing entirely.

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

It makes no sense to adjust the numbers, because it is a direct nerf. As I said, the problem with Saryn Is only in the mechanics of her 4 abilities, which allows her to do nothing. 

I don't mind broken numbers, but let people make an effort.

Personally, for all i care it could even be increased overall and made percentage based to make it better for endurance runs, as long as the damage would be spread over a longer duration with a longer base duration Spore ability so as to not instakill mobs in 99% of content outside of long endurance runs.

Imo. it would also make the ability better overall, since a slower killing Spore could build up way easier than the current version.

On 2019-08-11 at 5:26 PM, Loza03 said:

Wiping the map entirely is the problem

Then make the map the problem, not the ability.

There's so much potential in large scale battles taking place in free roam areas, land or space. 4 warframes holding out entire armies of enemies, not just squads. That's simply just the next step in WF with all the squad-link coming with the Empyrean update.

1 минуту назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

if you're having trouble with innarros it's because you're playing him wrong for the mode.

Abruptly. I use the whip and distribution of status dogs. What am I doing wrong? You know the best method nuck mobs to Inaros?

You understand that everything depends on the generation of the map? You can get a good and efficient map collection, or you can not even try, because the map is too big. Or there are too many walls on the map. After all, several floors. Saryn has no problem because you can press 4 and no worries at all.

You know what? Loki in ESO 8 waves. Whips and Zaw are banned. If you are so cool, show your skills. I'll applaud you if the scale doesn't drop below 50%. And then we'll talk about how easy it is to do it with Saryn.

To avoid being a turd, I'll throw off my video I mentioned (Titania 60 waves arbitration) and state that Saryn will be able to make it much easier. I'd make a video with Sarin, but I don't have the right computer right now.

Спойлер

26 minutes ago, TennoSensei said:

Then make the map the problem, not the ability.

There's so much potential in large scale battles taking place in free roam areas, land or space. 4 warframes holding out entire armies of enemies, not just squads. That's simply just the next step in WF with all the squad-link coming with the Empyrean update.

Accretion isn't a solution. Implementing a space where they are balanced but leaving everything else unbalanced doesn't fix the issues, it just sweeps them under the rug.

The content is the problem, less the frames.

I don't believe that I would have enjoyed Warframe if it didn't offer the unique sort of power that lets me turn my brain off and just grind for hours on end. 

So,when there's a toxic destroyer in your team as Saryn,you don't need to do anything.She kills everything instantly.She is a tank,too.

I knowwhen you revisited Wukong,you aimed people to play him.People weren't playing him because there was better tanks with CC abilities etc.

And now it's same with Saryn,but the opposite situation.There's no reason to play with any other Warframe if you have a Terminator that can take any damage possible in the system,you won't need any other Warframe.

She´s good for some missions and bad in some other missions like most other frames, so i don´t see any problems with her?

Currently she feels really good, so there is no need for a revisit like the dead nerf revisit on Ember.

Saryn's output to me is in a good spot. Maybe the effort put in is a little low and could be changed a little, but her potential is great and I rather see other Warframes in Saryn's category be pushed in that direction.