MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)HollowMolloy said:

no, BUFF Saryn! make her spores a passive so that she just hast to BE in a map and everything dies.

If this is a joke I find it funny

But from what I've seen in saryn arguments I wouldn't be suprised if it's not

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
vor 20 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Timcan_57:

So,when there's a toxic destroyer in your team as Saryn,you don't need to do anything.She kills everything instantly.She is a tank,too.

I knowwhen you revisited Wukong,you aimed people to play him.People weren't playing him because there was better tanks with CC abilities etc.

And now it's same with Saryn,but the opposite situation.There's no reason to play with any other Warframe if you have a Terminator that can take any damage possible in the system,you won't need any other Warframe.

is this a joke ? reg molt does give her pseudo-tankyness below lv 40...thats it....her base armor doesnt really make her tanky enough and the content where she finds perfect conditions for her is not as low as lv 40...she doesnt tank any real damage in content where she could really shine. if she does tank a bit then its ADAPTATION alongside reg molt and/or operator magus/arcane grace and such, but shes NOT a tank. compare her effective health (eHP) with that of other frames...nova ? mesa ? inaros ? rhino ? just to name some. in mesa and nova's case...u are aware what they do, right ? mesa kills everything in sight, much faster than saryn with only the AoE/LoS balancing her...saryn dreams of that Dps and only makes up for it with AoE + LoS not being an issue. nova removes any difficulty for the whole team with mol prime but shes also nearly as tanky as mesa...both of them, ignoring the other examples even, remove any difficulty especially from the average starchart mission when u have them fully built/geared. nova does have antimatter drop and a strong augment for it too so she doesnt just potentially tank and slow/debuff enemies, even without weapons she can nuke with dmg numbers far above saryns, especially considering saryn needs to ramp up.

low level is not a fair basis to measure and scream for nerfs since any frame with at least some damage can breeze through that content with a full build, if the player knows what he/she actually built and how to use it. i mean....chroma can run through missions and kill stuff with his 1 !!! how can u take such content as a basis to judge ?? zephyr can wipe down there too and shes not really a dmg frame. frost can build for his 4 and nuke down there at low levels, u dont need saryn for that...volt can too...equinox....and and and....

...but i guess its cool to pick on the toxic lady...

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

vor 13 Minuten schrieb WoodedSkate89:

If this is a joke I find it funny

But from what I've seen in saryn arguments I wouldn't be suprised if it's not

oh dear, guess we're all traumstized by all that saryn talk.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)HollowMolloy said:

oh dear, guess we're all traumstized by all that saryn talk.

There was like some 30 page thread with some of the worst arguments and I believe some of them were jokes. But I honestly could not tell the difference.

Yesterday i took a max range equinox and went to an exterminate lith fissure killing all the enemies so fast that my teammates can't even see them appear on the screen. I used to play mag and wipe 90% of the enemies in axi exterminate too. Saryn is not the only one that can "steal the fun" from teammates, what is so good about her is that she scales so you can use her on high level too

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Le 12/08/2019 à 20:22, (PS4)Timcan_57 a dit :

So,when there's a toxic destroyer in your team as Saryn,you don't need to do anything.She kills everything instantly.She is a tank,too.

I knowwhen you revisited Wukong,you aimed people to play him.People weren't playing him because there was better tanks with CC abilities etc.

And now it's same with Saryn,but the opposite situation.There's no reason to play with any other Warframe if you have a Terminator that can take any damage possible in the system,you won't need any other Warframe.

This line right there prove one thing... You've no idea what you're talking about... As a coward jedi once said :  Go away !

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

This line right there prove one thing... You've no idea what you're talking about.

That line? XD

When he said "There was better tanks than Wukong" i was already laughing.

Il y a 15 heures, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX a dit :

That line? XD

When he said "There was better tanks than Wukong" i was already laughing.

Well wukong was just a distraction made by the Op, All the nerf whiners can't go straight requesting the nerf, they need to extend their lack of understanding before, and add something irrelevant to the nerf requested too... 

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

I actually enjoy it when a saryn joins a mission, especially sanctuary onslaught. Takes the load off to comfortable levels

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-12 at 7:22 PM, (PS4)Timcan_57 said:

Ok. I am all for a saryn nerf. But this is like the 14th thread I've seen on the same issue.

She can't instantly kill everything in later game missions. But her damage is still quite good. 

She is not a tank. Her survivability comes from her 2

People don't play saryn later game because she's quite frankly boring. I prefer to use more skill demanding frames

Edited by WoodedSkate89

But I do disagree with the people blindly kissing up to saryn instead of acknowledging her unfair synergy kit

• Like 1

On 2019-08-12 at 7:35 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If she was any weaker she just wouldn’t be worth using.

But Lotus forbid a DPS frame actually DPS. Maybe we should just make them all like Ember. 

There's a difference between being a dps frame and being OP.

The problem with Ember is that everyone wanted a nerf but they didn't say how she should be nerfed. So she just became awful

• Like 1

Am 12.8.2019 um 20:22 schrieb (PS4)Timcan_57:

first of all: really? again such a thread? don't you guys search before posting another one?

second: saryn isn't the monster mega nuke all say..

example? i've played today defense with my saryn. a volt prime was also there - i wasn't able to kill a single enemies before it was grilled from voltage. so. if saryn needs a nerf - what should we do with volt? why noone crys about volt being around?

really, you should do some more research what you can do with frame, what are they for and so on before  posting such nonsense....

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-13 at 1:38 AM, uAir said:

Everyone who wants "difficulty" in warframe can come carry me through 3 hours of arbitration while I assist as Limbo.
Everyone who wants "difficulty" in warframe can come solo 4x3 tridolon for me while I sit back as Limbo and enjoy my free arcanes.

Because apparently, Saryn just makes everything way too easy so I would expect nothing but a Saryn to solo carry me through these two things. They're about the only two things I still need remaining. I guess when I have double sets of all the arcanes and all the endo and vitus essences I can stomach they can carry me through endless kuva for my rivens too...
I mean, Saryn makes everything too easy, so if they play Saryn and Saryn is on my team I shouldn't have to do anything.

IGN: uAir

Legend has it he is still begging for a carry in the forums to this day

Edited by WoodedSkate89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

There's a difference between being a dps frame and being OP.

The problem with Ember is that everyone wanted a nerf but they didn't say how she should be nerfed. So she just became awful

Ok then. How exactly should Saryn be nerfed so she still remains an effective DPS frame?

Posted (edited)

There are way worse nukers btw,

Nova, equinox, volt and mesa for example.

But if we nerf saryn all the no skills will move over to them causing more threads demanding a nerf of those frames

Edited by WoodedSkate89
  • Satisfied 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

first of all: really? again such a thread? don't you guys search before posting another one?

second: saryn isn't the monster mega nuke all say..

example? i've played today defense with my saryn. a volt prime was also there - i wasn't able to kill a single enemies before it was grilled from voltage. so. if saryn needs a nerf - what should we do with volt? why noone crys about volt being around?

really, you should do some more research what you can do with frame, what are they for and so on before  posting such nonsense....

Both Volt and Saryn are viable nukes, along with a couple of other frames. As some people have mentioned in this thread, they can nerf Saryn, another frame will replace her. The ones asking for only Saryn to get nerfed are saying so because of the damage type combo she has, since Armor stripping is almost necessary in the game's current state, so she's pretty popular and effective.

No matter what happens, nothing will change change, only who gets upset.

Saryn gets nerfed = Another nuke takes her place; Meta stays the same; A lot of angry players (not just Saryn mains)
Saryn doesn't get nerfed = She's allowed to keep fulfilling her role; Meta stays the same; A "lot" of angry "new" players

• Haha 1

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok then. How exactly should Saryn be nerfed so she still remains an effective DPS frame?

Rework her 2 to get rid of her easy survivability in later game missions.

Therefore, making the player rely on their build and ability knowledge to wipe out enemies instead of pressing 2 then taking all the time they need.

(To be honest, saryn builds aren't that hard (max range, decent strength, efficiency))

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

To be fair, her augment should be nerfed a little. 50HP/s on an ability that makes a  (let's say)1000HP decoy that does damage upon death + a speed boost... Idk, just spitballin' ideas that won't completely gimp her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb WoodedSkate89:

thats quite the funny statement, considering its actually the other way around.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb WoodedSkate89:

No skills: "Saryn requires so much skill people who say otherwise are just jealous"

Me (an intellectual): https://imgur.com/a/AafhMDA

oh yea lets pick the easiest faction and ESO to make a point, fair fair.

how about picking perfect conditions with the easiest opponent type for every frame and then compare ? no no, that would mean saryn looks more balanced than some people here would like to admit so lets not do that, no no....i mean u need to keep ur points "valid", right ?

saryn is a golden example of a very well designed frame right now and instead of picking on her, other frames should be improved to match that level of design. its not 2015 anymore and recent frames have been more synergy heavy, which is needed to make modern, good designs so lets give old(er) frames the same share of the cake instead of throwing a great one into the trashcan.

nerf!-behaviour is rude towards everyone who really likes a frame in my opinion...i still pity those who really loved ember, not just because of WoF but generally, but still people show the nerf!-attitude instead of partaking in threads discussing how to buff the lackluster frames.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Therefore, making the player rely on their build and ability knowledge to wipe out enemies instead of pressing 2 then taking all the time they need.

(To be honest, saryn builds aren't that hard (max range, decent strength, efficiency))

So you have a problem with her 2 finally being a viable escape ability and that it’s augment is good.

With abilities like Molt it either does what it’s supposed to 100% of the time or it’s not worth using.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

43 минуты назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

Disputes no longer spread by themselves when you use 4. Damage increases and decreases are blocked/freeze for the duration of action 4. 

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

Disputes no longer spread by themselves when you use 4. Damage increases and decreases are blocked/freeze for the duration of action 4. 

And people would just abuse Miasma even more to prevent spores damage from decaying. So you’re technically just making her stronger.

6 минут назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:
And people would just abuse Miasma even more to prevent spores damage from decaying. So you’re technically just making her stronger.

At least it's more like active gameplay. Now it's still abuse to do nothing.