MrRixter

Can something be done about Saryn?

I feel this way about Saryn too whats the point of joining a game to just stand there afk and not be able to kill anything because one frame has nuked it all to orbit. Not totally opposed to aoe framws but playing with a saryn is just not fun. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Do Saryn's range scale with content unlocks: Defense 2 hours, Survival 2 hours, 16 rounds ESO, 1 hour index... and so on. Best nerf she can have.

That should keep new players that don't understand the warframe tears away

Edited by str4dlin

25 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Do Saryn's range scale with content unlocks: Defense 2 hours, Survival 2 hours, 16 rounds ESO, 1 hour index... and so on. Best nerf she can have.

That should keep new players that don't understand the warframe tears away

Lmao.

No one does more than 8 waves of Eso

Survival is not even 1 hour in all missions

Same with defence

So nothing will change. You just want to keep your noob frame op because you can't play the game without broken frames.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I think a common theme is emerging here, or rather Waframe's true problem: it's just not a good coop game. "Just go play solo" is essentially you making excuses for DE's terribad game design. It's true, I actually do enjoy playing solo much more. So why is WF being marketed as a coop game? Why does it even have a coop component? Why are there so many anti-fun frames (for those not using them)?

There's a big difference between co-oping with friends than playing with randoms in pubs. People are just going to do what's best in pubs because they're not there for you. If they nerf Saryn, let's hope they nerf Nidus too. I think he's anti fun. The way he just steals all my kills because I'm playing Trinity and vauban only. He's just too power creeped honestly. I miss back in the day when I camped in pipes and shot at a vortex. Man that was definitely cooperative gameplay. I really like playing mag and spamming one to feed exaliburs and mesas energy while they stood in the same spot pressing one button. That was truly engaging and great game design.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vortuna said:

I have a Saryn yet I can't level my own weapons and companions and require another saryn to help out. Yet we have these ungrateful bunch trying to kill the golden egg.

More like rotten egg. How we get experience should be changed too, getting weapon experience for another player's kills doesn't make sense and just encourages leeching. Co-op shouldn't just be about more players = more spawns for nuke frames.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow... this thread is still going... 

In any case The Problem,  believe it or not.... is not Saryn.... 

The Real Problem is the game is a #*!%ing meat grinder of mass murder and Mayhem. Have you seen the Mission Results screen ?

All too often I could end a Sabotage Mission or Rescue Mission with over 50 Kills....

Why is that even happening ? I didn't think I was killing that enemies. Just the ones standing in my way but apperently I am.... especially if im trying Proc An Arcane Or Something....

Its ridiculous. 

The Killing has to stop....if Vauban gets reworked into a straight up Killer then all hope is lost for this game.... 

We need a game mode where killing everthing has more or less Zero Effect where else completing the Objectives is key....

• Like 4

Sayrn is balanced for late game endless missions and cant build up her spore damage in super low level stuff. She is fine as is and people need to accept the role she plays. Their are many frames that are even stronger then her in various sutuations and mission types so should they be nerfed to please new players as well? The asnwer is no and people need to get over more experienced players out doing them!

• Haha 3
  • Applause 6

6 hours ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

At this point, I wish DE would buff her just to screw with people.

Funny, I think the same thing about noobs quiting when they nerf her.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Yea no. It has a hard cap of 100k and you won't ever reach that cap.

Are you sure? With my equinox i can easily reach 500k but i dont play her outside eso much. 

2 hours ago, .Dracula. said:

If they nerf Saryn, let's hope they nerf Nidus too. I think he's anti fun. The way he just steals all my kills because I'm playing Trinity and vauban only. He's just too power creeped honestly.

You can ignore a Nidus in your team easily as Nidus can't nuke the whole tileset.

If a Nidus player is following you just to annoy you, you can always leave the mission and it happens only really rarely, they can't really affect your gameplay.

While playing Trinity, you're not forced to stay in the middle and EV all the time, you can be very mobile, i personally only use EV if i need it or if the team really needs it and i ignore people crying about it in chat, i use Trinity for Link-Bless and channeling the excess energy with a melee to bring out the most from the frame.

Vauban, i don't have high expectations the rare times when i'm playing Vauban so i expect the worst, most game modes require killing and the cc'd enemies would die either ways so i don't really care if a Nidus player gets stacks by killing enemies caught in Vortex or Bastille, it's kind of part of the niche of cc currently, could be better.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

Are you sure? With my equinox i can easily reach 500k but i dont play her outside eso much. 

Because outside eso against grineer you will deal 5% damage with him but if you have a proper squad....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, .Dracula. said:

There's a big difference between co-oping with friends than playing with randoms in pubs. People are just going to do what's best in pubs because they're not there for you. If they nerf Saryn, let's hope they nerf Nidus too. I think he's anti fun. The way he just steals all my kills because I'm playing Trinity and vauban only. He's just too power creeped honestly. I miss back in the day when I camped in pipes and shot at a vortex. Man that was definitely cooperative gameplay. I really like playing mag and spamming one to feed exaliburs and mesas energy while they stood in the same spot pressing one button. That was truly engaging and great game design.

playing with friends vs pubs, there's no difference. it doesnt matter what comp you have, the game will be too easy and people will be able to afk. Nidus is actually one of the better balanced frames. his scaling is fantastic, but he cant clear entire tilesets like Mesa and Saryn. Nidus actually encourages coop play with his 3 and 4. you can also pop his larva ball after he gathers up all the mobs. playing close to a Nidus has many benefits.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

22 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

Actually I can casually get to a mmillion plus in some mission types so the hard cap of 100K is a bold lie XD. Their build is probably just so bad they struggle to hit that and they are horribly misinformed. Either way equinox is far more "oppresive" then sayrn in many mission types if you play her properly and even she is considered balanced lore wise and gameplay wise XD

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, kgabor said:

You can ignore a Nidus in your team easily as Nidus can't nuke the whole tileset.

If a Nidus player is following you just to annoy you, you can always leave the mission and it happens only really rarely, they can't really affect your gameplay.

While playing Trinity, you're not forced to stay in the middle and EV all the time, you can be very mobile, i personally only use EV if i need it or if the team really needs it and i ignore people crying about it in chat, i use Trinity for Link-Bless and channeling the excess energy with a melee to bring out the most from the frame.

Vauban, i don't have high expectations the rare times when i'm playing Vauban so i expect the worst, most game modes require killing and the cc'd enemies would die either ways so i don't really care if a Nidus player gets stacks by killing enemies caught in Vortex or Bastille, it's kind of part of the niche of cc currently, could be better.

I wasn't being serious. I was making the point that you shouldn't be complaining about dps frames if all you do is play supportive frames.

Edited by .Dracula.
  • Satisfied 1

Nerfing anything into the ground is never a solution. As others have pointed out, Ember is a classic example of that. Saryn is my main and I predominantly use her first ability, Spores. And I melee with Plague infested Zaw like crazy.  If Tenno have modded their weapons and Warframes to the point where they have maximised them. Then I say that is a good player who understands the game, and I appreciate them for getting to that point. Don't be disheartened or deflated. Stick with it, find a Warframe that suits your style of play and enjoy Tenno. One day you will be the one decimating the tile set.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So now it is saryn that kids want nerfed instead of learning to play the game...

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 5

It's impressive how some people created an alternate reality in their heads where abusing broken mechanics and messed up numbers makes you skilled in a game instead of actually trying to get good.

Imagine the amount of collective cognitive dissonance corroding the forums in a mass of salt when DE fixes it as they have already recognised it as a problem. 😄

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I read your post, I didnt bother to read people's replies. So this is probably the same info you've already read.

Each waframe is a tool. You don't use a hammer to cut down a tree and you don't use a chainsaw to pound a nail.

That Saryn player was utilizing the right tool for the job, but put that Saryn in a Spy mission. Suddenly not so overpowered.

Some tools are better than others. I would take an octavia for that spy mission, but my second choice would be loki, then Ivara, then maybe ash.

So back to your example of the Saryn, yes a Saryn is good at that Defense/Survival/Mobile Defense, but you can easily outperform that Saryn with;

Mesa: Defense

Limbo: Mobile Defense

But to be honest, Saryn is one of the best for Survival, so if that's the sortie you were in, then that player made a good choice.

Edit: If it makes you feel better, I own every waframe and I almost never use Saryn anymore...she's just not as good at a lot of things as other frames.

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, kgabor said:

It's impressive how some people created an alternate reality in their heads where abusing broken mechanics and messed up numbers makes you skilled in a game instead of actually trying to get good.

Imagine the amount of collective cognitive dissonance corroding the forums in a mass of salt when DE fixes it as they have already recognised it as a problem. 😄

I think DE got their statistics ending to develop a game only for such persons.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kgabor said:

abusing broken mechanics and messed up numbers makes you skilled

Warframe is NOT a game of skill. It's a game of choosing the right tools for the job.

For game modes where killing enemies as quickly and efficiently as possible is the goal, Saryn (and other nukers) are the right tool. If you want to be able to shoot/poke every enemy to death individually, you might want to reconsider joining public missions for that. There's always an option to run a premade group Arbitration (or even do it solo), you know. 

Try to hammer one thing into your self-centered head: People in PUBLIC matches are not there to admire your skill. They're there for a very specific task and letting someone else show off at the expense of their own time is NOT it. 

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Warframe is NOT a game of skill. It's a game of choosing the right tools for the job.

For game modes where killing enemies as quickly and efficiently as possible is the goal, Saryn (and other nukers) are the right tool. If you want to be able to shoot/poke every enemy to death individually, you might want to reconsider joining public missions for that. There's always an option to run a premade group Arbitration (or even do it solo), you know. 

Try to hammer one thing into your self-centered head: People in PUBLIC matches are not there to admire your skill. They're there for a very specific task and letting someone else show off at the expense of their own time is NOT it. 

People seem to think that they should be able to play at their own pace with any gear in a public mission so I don't get surprised when stuff like what OP asked comes up. It stands true that their is no one frame that can do every mission type at maximum speed of as efficiently as a more specialized frame. Public is a gamble and some people think they should have control over what other people play at any given time so they can have the most fun but the reality is you take what you get and just need to suck it up like a big tenno. Or they could use the tools given to them and make their own group with no meta frames or OP gear if they so choose, it'll take longer but that is the Price to pay if you want everything to be how that player specifically wants it.

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

On 2019-08-02 at 10:13 AM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

Pssst before screaming about nerfing a frame actually play the frame before hand otherwise it makes you look really petty that someone else has something you don't 

• Woah 1
  • Applause 3

29 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Warframe is NOT a game of skill.

This is such a nonsense mantra, that i can't even argue that.

But i guess i'm just being self centered when i use Sonar Banshee that lets others play and still finish most missions faster than with Spore spam Saryn, oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kgabor said:

This is such a nonsense mantra, that i can't even argue that.

But i guess i'm just being self centered when i use Sonar Banshee that lets others play and still finish most missions faster than with Spore spam Saryn, oh well.

Just don't waste your time on these hypocrites who cry for a challenge but whine about it at the same time for not just nuking everything that comes into slight. Creating an endless loop of unproductive conversation. The most realistic way to deal with this madness is just wait a million years for de to intervent the mess the made. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2