Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert on All Platforms

[DE]Helen

hey so i just was super excited cuz I have been farming for a couple hours and finally got 3 carnival beach balls then the second i place it in my orbiter, it falls through the floor... I have no way to get it back and I'm very upset about it. help!

7 hours ago, Ubi_Red said:

hey so i just was super excited cuz I have been farming for a couple hours and finally got 3 carnival beach balls then the second i place it in my orbiter, it falls through the floor... I have no way to get it back and I'm very upset about it. help!

Reload and it’ll be back at ‘spawn’ point.

9 hours ago, Ubi_Red said:

2 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

Reload and it’ll be back at ‘spawn’ point.

Happened to me except through my windshield, reload into orbiter then VERY quickly go to decor mode and snag before it falls.

A clan member had this to say about the event and DEs attitude towards events in general, and I think it makes a lot of sense...

“I think one of DE's problems is that they seem to equate "challenge" with "time investment" so they keep making these huge nightmarish grinds in response to people saying the game is too easy.

It's still better than the roller floofs being a 1% drop chance per mission, so you can slowly see yourself progressing towards the reward instead of playing the mission 50 times in a row and saying "Well, I'm still exactly where I started, guess I just wasted my time." (Ephemeras anyone?)

But ideally they would create content that is engaging enough to make you want to play it, instead of just finding the most efficient way to get the rewards from said content. I think they succeeded at this with the jovian discord / disruption introduction event, everyone played it a bunch even though there were no good rewards because it was fun

...perhaps it would be better to state that DE masquerades challenge as huge time investment.This obviously works much better from a profit perspective, and exploiting FOMO as much as possible with time limited rewards requiring huge grind.”

Meh the change only made me get one more kill then usual and afk the rest of the time. you only getting more pearls for your kills and not a collective team is a turn off and the few games I tired I got kill stolen and therefore less pearls because of it. Gonna keep doing it the hiding method unless it gets changed to the teams score as extra pearls and that's that!

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

The balls need to be fixed to not fall into the water of the infested room, your operator room, and everywhere else so I can have a proper ball pit!

Like I said, the only issue I’ve had is falling into the operator room, but it respawns when you leave. Haven’t had any issue otherwise.

I really REALLY loved this little refreshing treat ^^ the pearls were a bit grindy seeing as I HAD to have that fabulous captura scene but I'm feeling bubbly inside just being reminded how hilarious breaks to the serious pipeline adventure are a specialty from our dev team. I expect some tanned faces come October streams :p

I'm finally through grinding for the stuff in this event I didn't have.  Here's me shouting into the void with my opinion on it.

What I liked:

1.) The map is cool.

2.) The music is good.

3.) When no one looks the same, everyone looks the same.  The inner-tube around Tenno was a nice way to identify who I shouldn't be shooting at.

Neutral:
1.) Grineer bullet jumping was awesome the first time I saw it.  It became less awesome when paired with a host with a crappy connection, and rather than bullet jumping they were stuttering or teleporting around the field.

2.) Pearl drops.  I'm super thankful for the fact that they cut the grind down by about a third, but they were a sort of terrible way to do it.  In the beginning I didn't care who got a kill, since it advanced the team.  With the pearls, it as super frustrating how often I wouldn't see anyone else shooting my target until it was almost dead.  I quickly found out that just loading into a single player map would get me 10 to 15 more kills per 5 minutes on average.  The pearls should have been an actual drop (promotes people moving around), or given to anyone who damaged the target.  You track assists, why not use that for this?  The fact that the pearls-per-kill were a hot-fix after the event started is just further proof to not waste time on the long events the first day or so they release.

What I didn't like:

1.) It's not Warframe.  The only personalization in what I get to do in the event is the frame I'm wearing, and that has no impact on the actual gameplay.  I'm logging into Warframe to not play Warframe, and that's lame.  Without getting to pick my loadout, it just feels like I'm playing a knock-off game where someone stole some of your graphical assets.  I got bored playing it even faster than when DE did the same thing for the holiday challenges on the PVP maps.

2.) The grind is horrible.  A new player trying to get everything, without the pearl kill drops, would be looking at over 10 hours of five minute matches.  That's mind-numbing.  As someone who already had all the mods, it's still over six hours of play.  The ten hours is way less than I put into the original Rathuum event, but there I was able to pick my frames/weapons/skills/do Warframe things, so it didn't feel so horrible (although, I woudln't have minded just getting to select the last mod I needed when near the end of the event).

Overall: The only positive emotion I felt during this was when I got the last kill I knew I needed to have enough pearls to be done with it.

Ended up grinding out the captura and the emblem after the 'bonus pearls' were added...I couldn't be bothered to get any more than the one ball and the colour palettes before this..and I basically got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered with the game mode anymore once i'd got the captura...

Did my grinding solo so I didn't get kills stolen from me... no idea who's stupid idea it was to put bonus pearls linked to the kill or more accurate, the last hit on the enemy before it dies as it all it does it promote kill stealing.

The gun still sucks, wouldn't be as bad if it didn't need pumping up every 2 to 3 shots but it made an incredibly boring chore even more annoying.  Accuracy was just pitiful too.

The inflatable rings were not enough to tell who was an enemy and who was an ally in my opinion. 

It was literally one map, one warframe with a different skin on, one gun and essentially the same set of enemies EVERY time we did the mission...

The map had more 'holes' than swiss cheese and considering how small the map was it could still lag like crazy....

The event was anything but fun, it literally sucked the enjoyment out of the game for me and the reason for this is due to the most simple things going... it was incredibly monotonous (why do you think people were afking in the first place) and the amount of pearls needed for the stuff from nakak was just too high, it made a 'fun' side event turn into a massive grindfest, even more so when you added in kill stealing which essentially meant the optimal way to grind was to go solo...

When we get events like this it literally shows just how little you play your own game....this actually felt worse than the first season of nightwave and that had so many issues....

1. Slap Garesh - And I mean it, that Speedy Garesh is more frustrating to face than any other. No fun at all.

2. Pearl drops - DE, make it that everyone gets a pearl per kill, don't keep it single thing only. It's very frustrating to see how people steal kills from one another just because of pearls, make it a team game where effort of each member awards everyone (Kela orders us to have fun after all, so make it into fun and relaxing activity). This will also more or less solve No. 3.

3. Grindy - We all know how DE loves to add grind and then lie they are against it.

4. Prices for silly Roller Floofs - 3*500 + 400 + 300 = 2200. Is this a really bad joke? All these pearls for silly orbiter stuff which has no other use? By this logic, it's twice as rare as Dog Days captura scene.

5. Magical projetiles - DE, explain to me how is it possible that sometimes, my water projectiles went right through enemy without even dealing damage?

Feedback for you, DE. Hoping it will be better next time since you failed so terribly this time.

Oh great, this horseS#&$ event ended at some random hour that isn't reset for whatever #*!%ing reason. Glad I broke my ass trying to get home early to grind out a last few pearls only to find that the event node is gone. Thanks for nothing, DE! Extending it from morning today to slightly after lunch today really made up for the several days where it was an unplayable, unrewarding AFKfest!

15 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

A few more hours left for fun in the sun! The Dogs Days Tactical Alert will end at 2PM ET today instead of 11AM. Go soak those Grineer and collect some pearls before the event comes to a close!

As resource booster weren't working on the Pearls this even was too much grind which also showed the afk leechers. Maybe next time...
(Maybe a vote kick? Or an ingame fast report which warns the afk player after 3-5 reports that he could get a 24 hour ban or more if he continues that behavior)

I don't mind doing the mission 40 times if the mission is enjoyable to get those rewards but after you got the 4 rewards you pretty much bored of the scenes and the loading screens so an endless mode should have been a fine addition to this game mode.

Hopefully next time some of these will be fixed.

On 5 de agosto de 2019 at 1:38 PM, LSG501 said:

Because the majority of the community hate PvP in warframe and the only people who would enjoy it are the few who actually enjoy conclave... mind you I'm not sure many are enjoying it as PvE either...

We've had a 'pvp' event like this and most people hated it for a multitude of reasons which are essentially the same reasons the majority of players don't like conclave.

Yes, PvP (or should I say Conclave?) has a lot of issues. Lags are one of the major ones, but even in this event: if I was aiming and a target was on, or moving from, my left I could not see it. Also, trying ot compensate squirt projectile speed with target movement (with a controller) was... challenging. 

However, just like Archwing, I believe the 'adverse reaction' to PvP comes more from "old" players. New players are fine wIth these experiences they come across in Warframe. Also, many complain that the game has "nothing new" but them when it finally comes, they go like "not that!". (#railjack)

I am not a PvP player/enthusiast, BUT this was one such occasion that MAYBE the Devs should have bravelly tried to expand a bit, just to see how the Community (as a whole) would react... All in all, it was a fun event.

So after the event is over now and the forum being flooded with requests to enable the Roller Floofs being donatable to the dojo, are there any plans on doing that @[DE]Helen ?

Because the interactive events we could have with this addition will be insane and i already saw people here and on reddit posting all kinds of amazing ideas on how to make the dojo "less static" with mini events like soccer, a ball-pit, trick shooting, marble racing and so on. Just hoping DE is not skipping the opportunity, since we can donate Roombas already and it would greatly benefit clans.

Archived