Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE? About Dog Days..

RamonLLLL

as the title mentions, there's an issue with the new Tactical Alert where you can AFK farm it by hiding somewhere after killing an enemy to secure the win, and you'll be awarded the pearls in the end. 

this kinda sucks, because as much as i would like to just have an easy way to farm pearls and get what i want, i also enjoyed not feeling overpowered for once in this event.  

So please DE, come up with a quick fix to this... making kills award pearls should solve this issue, with the kills in the 1st mission awarding 1 per kill and the the 4th awarding 4 per kill. Ofc that will mean rebalancing Nakak's shop as well if you wanna keep the rate the same, but that's necessary to fix this issue i feel. 

11 minutes ago, -EvilFluffyBunny- said:

So please DE, come up with a quick fix to this... making kills award pearls should solve this issue, with the kills in the 1st mission awarding 1 per kill and the the 4th awarding 4 per kill. Ofc that will mean rebalancing Nakak's shop as well if you wanna keep the rate the same, but that's necessary to fix this issue i feel. 

This really should be a thing....
50 pearls for 1 mission, when there's a reward that needs 1000 of them! THAT'S 50 F***ING RUNS!!! NO! that's terrible, this idea is better.

In the 4th mission, you can get 100 kills if you do it well. That's a solid 400 pearls right there, and would allow everyone a good shot to get all the rewards, especially given we only have 4 days

EDIT: Whoops... that's 20 runs not 50, but still, that's a lot for how boring this alert does get

Edited by Stormandreas

To make this event more fun they should add that soaking an enemy gives you 1 Nakak pearl. That gives players a reason to soak as many enemies as possible and have fun! I already got what i want, the colour palette and the captura scene. I want to get the floofs aswell but it's not fun doing it for hours.

Edited by SkalleBonk

I would dearly love to see this event with a winter theme for Christmas.  Snowball gun rather than a water soaker, for example.  And a snowman floof!

Also, it would be great fun to have the steel band music for the somacord available from Nakak in exchange for the pearls...and Kela de Thaym's pink umbrella cocktail drink as a placeable in the orbiters.

I FIGHT FOR FLOOFS!

33 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

have much better projectile speed because it's inconsistent

See that bar below your reticule? It goes down when you shoot. Press altfire to make it go up. Have it up to max at all times.

Why?

The bar dictates how far your shots go.

28 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

See that bar below your reticule? It goes down when you shoot. Press altfire to make it go up. Have it up to max at all times.

Why?

The bar dictates how far your shots go.

Its like people never used/seen water guns before......I feel sad for some reason.

Issues aside, why does "this" feels like the calm before the storm(new war?)? maybe i reading way too much into this.......

1 hour ago, -EvilFluffyBunny- said:

as the title mentions, there's an issue with the new Tactical Alert where you can AFK farm it by hiding somewhere after killing an enemy to secure the win, and you'll be awarded the pearls in the end. 

this kinda sucks, because as much as i would like to just have an easy way to farm pearls and get what i want, i also enjoyed not feeling overpowered for once in this event.  

the real issue is 50 pearl per mission where you need 500 pearl for one beach ball
of course people would just afk, playing super soakers get boring fast especially when you need to repeat the same thing that much.
after all, like every event its not about fun, its about getting the reward with least effort.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Not for a single second did the idea of turning on the game just to AFK through it ever enter my mind...nor will I ever do so.  DE didn't -design- it to be intentionally AFK'd.  They gave us a fun event, WE found a way to broke it.  That's more on us than them.  They were just focused on delivering some fun, and y'all complain because you didn't wanna "use as intended".  It's like complaining when you get shocked after dropping a toaster in the bathtub 😛  Just don't...

Have fun running it 80 times I guess

2 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Because if DE is gonna give us a Tactical alert that makes you repeat it over and over, at least try to make it be enjoyable beyond 5 rounds. And “if you don’t like it, don’t do it” is not a valid excuse

give it to meta expert to overthinking some silly game mode and trying to make it a serious olympic level sport.

Would personally very much prefer if there was some variation, there was less grind involved or you were rewarded for being active.

The novelty fell off after the first hour I played, all nice and summery until I decided to go for all the things offered by Nakak, and with that I just notice how insufferable it gets just to grab one of everything, even without aiming for getting everything first day just the thought that you have to dedicate over 8 hours in the same map is quite bad.

I remember the conclave event where you went fighting with snowballs, there to get everything obtainable you just had to go a couple hours at max and it was fun with the maps rotating and overall by not overstaying its welcome, here I'm 3 hours in in total and it's just so much more convenient to go (solo because I'm not a horrible person), shoot a single executioner and sit on a tree because there's no additional reward if I "soak" one or one hundred, in the end I'll just get out with 50 pearls.

Overall, I still like it a lot, it's at least something different and DE clearly had fun making it, just they didn't calculate the fact there's people who see those balls and decide it's their calling to fill an entire room with them (I'm not going to, of course, I don't even think there's enough time to get that many even by playing 24/7 for all the days the event is aviable).

Possible improvement would be to just reward a single pearl for each executioner down, then reward 5 bonus pearls for the tenno that scores the most "soaks", REWARD ACTIVITY so people play actively.

Edited by Gabriel_Urs

Some thoughts for next time:

Soaktron could use an alt-fire switch to Stream (beam). The slow rate of fire and projectile nature of the water globs felt clunky and annoying, to me anyway.

Secondary water balloons with AOE explosion on impact with both enemies and terrain.

Melee pool noodle sounds good (others suggested)

On 2019-08-02 at 2:00 PM, Brey223 said:

Dude I thought Kayla was high TBH HAHAHAH

She IS. 

Now when the first Inbox message played, I thought she was ... well, more drunk sort of high. (Loved that last little comment she dropped about wanting a drink with a little umbrella in it).

Of course even before seeing what it was all about, Cressa came to mind, and I though - SEE? THIS is what you get for showing all Grineer that “THERE IS another way.”

Of course “Why So Serious” was the first thing I wanted to (and maybe did) type into a comment on the first and only YouTube video I saw on it. (If it wasn’t at the top, it was close).

But that vid, like just about every negative comment or criticism I have seen, was just too stupidly serious. BOO HOO ... TOO MUCH GRIND TO GET EVERYTHING! 

Come on. Look, if you are really THAT MUCH into FLOOFS, you deserve the grind. 

So, look, I am just unsympathetic to whining over grinding to get virtual fluffy things to stuff your Orbiter with, trying to make it seem like a bedroom you wished you had when you were 5. 

What about the rest?

Color palate, emblem, sigil & Captura Scene.

Yo, by the time you finish the alert, you should have enough for about half of that. 

The rest, isn’t unique. OMG! Yeah. There’s a ton of mods. Only one which I hadn’t scored somewhere already. Half of them I already had between 2 - 19 of. That’s not to brag. That’s to say, hey, a big way to relieve repetitive, unchallenging grinding is by TRADING stuff. (I know, nobody trades in trade chat, and trade chat sucks ... but if there is no really feasible alternate way to set up showcases for trading, then the field is wide open to make one ... really, you just don’t want to trade things. You want PLAT. SEL SELL SELL. fine. Grind grind grind.)

Of course the rest of the slams just fell on their face as pathetic. 

But really it can be totally “fun.” IF you actual get your fun from PLAYING, and not from OP Speed Nuking everything for rewards.

If everything is measured by manipulating abilities (superpowers). You’ll probably hate it. 

If you’re not into using the camera, are more into upping “red crit numbers,” and hate tactics ... you’ll probably hate it.

Buy of you’re idea of fun is working up some “mad skills,” it’ll be a pretty cool surprise.

Eventually the map will be completely useless. Getting to know the geography is not at all difficult, and having no “enemy sense” really makes everything in the HUD an obstruction.

What’s left? The reticle, ammo, health meter and a reminder to “pump it” (good thing there’s no one saying Grokdrule, or else Kela’s newfound enthusiasm for getting wet would start to get a bit overly suggestive).

Let’s get wet! Pump it! Pump it! I order you to have fun! Squirt hosers squirt! More grokdrule! More grokdrule!

Good thing the one variable left in was sprint speed. Making Nova a top pick, with the capacity to Fashion Frame her into a head to toe black scuba wetsuit look. 

But really, figuring out aim gets EASIER without the reticle. You can actually see the trajectory arcs and distances. There are so many instant refill spots that you should need to be looking at your ammo count number. Selective fire works way better than just holding the auto trigger till your spent, and with a clear field, seeing and knowing how the different executioners move becomes pretty easy and familiar after a few times through.

So get out there and really play hard and look good. (The inner tube does kinda put a little damper on that, but nothing’s perfect.)

It’s the days of the Dog Star. That’s why it’s SO SIRIUS.