Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't care what anyone says, this tactical alert is awesome.

Senguash

Only the most dedicated Soakers get the highest tier (optional and cosmetic) rewards. 10 Days to go! 

EDIT @ 6:12PM: For those of you wanting to get your hands on all the rewards, we will be re-running this event in the future if you don't manage to pick up everything you want by August 12!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Only the most dedicated Soakers get the highest tier (optional and cosmetic) rewards. 10 Days to go! 

Just because they are optional and cosmetic doesn't mean they should be locked behind 80 repeats of the same mission.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, SilentMashiko said:

its 20 and not 80, start math

Nakak is selling more than the captura scene, if you want to get everything not including mods, you'd need a bit over 4000 pearls.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ins. said:

Just because they are optional and cosmetic doesn't mean they should be locked behind 80 repeats of the same mission.

Remember that people pay real money for cosmetics.  Real money comes from working, which is time.  So whether its time IRL or time in game doesnt really matter.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Would it be possible for the event to provide additional points for each personal kill? Having the highest mission tier reward up to 50 pearls regardless of how many kills you've had encourages jumping in a mission, hiding and then going afk or just running away until the timer is over while someone else keeps doing the job (i already got a lobby where the other 3 players did that). Rewarding 1 or 2 pearls on each kill (depending of mission tier) would at least encourage and reward active participation and alleviate the grind a bit.

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any chance that the Water gun and the physics balls will be added to the loots/rewards? Cause those are super cool, maybe a festive beach Ephemera!?!?!! the mind Boggles.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is one of those cases that the mode needs to be played a ton per employee internally before it is pushed out to the masses.

The mode itself is fun and interesting for about 3 to 6 times, but beyond that, it becomes a slog. Each mission lasts around 6min (including dialogue + loading) and only give a max of 50 pearls. For a person who has nothing at the start, to then try and get 1 of everything, it would take them over 6000 pearls. Now excluding the mods (which are 2100 for these old mods), that's still 4050 pearls which is 81 games. That is roughly 8 hours of playing ONLY this mode that has zero variation.

For the person who started with nothing, it would take over 12 hours.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Would it be possible for the event to provide additional points for each personal kill? Having the highest mission tier reward up to 50 pearls regardless of how many kills you've had encourages jumping in a mission, hiding and then going afk or just running away until the timer is over while someone else keeps doing the job (i already got a lobby where the other 3 players did that). Rewarding 1 or 2 pearls on each kill (depending of mission tier) would at least encourage and reward active participation and alleviate the grind a bit.

well, if they do that, then queue the whining because of "killstealers" and would prolly produce way more toxicity.

and on top of that: its just a quick couple of runs over the course of 10 days to get everything...

52 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Any chance that the Water gun and the physics balls will be added to the loots/rewards? Cause those are super cool, maybe a festive beach Ephemera!?!?!! the mind Boggles.

Well, we have the Christmas ship decorations. Clearly we need summer decorations.

• Like 1

Ok, I love the theme, It's funny, I dig that.

The event currently incentivises getting a kill or two and hiding for the rest of the mission.

Could we maybe get some extra rewards for trying? At the moment, it doesn't feel worth it knowing how much I'm going to have to run this event to get everything.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Oreades said:

take with a grain of salt, i only read this and can not confirm 100%, but the roller floofs from the nakak store apparently retain the waterball physics on your ship, and i saw someone post that even pets play with them. but, not sure if that is actually true 😄

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT @ 6:12PM: For those of you wanting to get your hands on all the rewards, we will be re-running this event in the future if you don't manage to pick up everything you want by August 12!

"most dedicated soakers"
Right when you don't reward for performance but just for joining the map, someone that gets 1 point gains the same amount of pearls that someone with 150 points, you are not rewarding performance/effort or encouraging participation in this event, it just feels grindy.

• Like 6

Please reconsider keeping the event as-is. I like the spirit and the core of it, and I think it is fun.

But it's not just a matter of having the patience to obtain everything.

Problem:

• There is no reward for doing anything beyond just winning. Winning is really easy because Executioner kills won't ever catch up to player kills.
  • That means there is little incentive to pay attention to a match.
  • Combined with the grind, this means that AFKing is becoming common.
  • People really don't want to do the same thing for 4-8 hours. (8hrs if you already have the mods, 4hrs if you don't want the rollers either). And me, I personally want multiples of those rollers.
  • It don't think it matters that it's just cosmeticsPeople still want them, and they want them ASAP. They are still going to take the lazy route to getting them.

Proposed goals:

• Make the match more rewarding by encouraging active individual participation
  • Reduce the grind.

Suggestions (each suggestion is meant to be considered separately):

1. Have pearls randomly drop from executioners in significant quantities (25 or more). This would make players focus on killing to obtain more drops, and looting for personal rewards.
  2. Reduce the pearl costs significantly. Downside: May upset players who have grinded a lot already (at this point in time, not likely)
  3. Add pearl rewards based on personal kills. Downside: Promotes kill stealing, makes the event less fun.
  4. End the match at a kill threshold instead of having a timer.
  5. Add an endurance mode like other events. Give players lives. Make enemy levels scale. Give rewards for hitting kill thresholds as a team. Of course, this one requires a lot more work than the other suggestions, but with a leaderboard it would make competitive players very interested.

I know you can file support tickets to report AFKers. I do it often. But I'm not going to write one after every other match.

I know what I'm saying seems overblown. I'm only one person, but give me like a day and I'll be back with dozens of screenshots of people with 0 kills or damage dealt at the end of a match, who ran around firing blindly while watching youtube on their other monitor. I watched a guy bullet jump in a straight line from spawn to the edge of the map, where he drowned. And yeah, there are semi-afkers too, who know better than to trigger the AFK time-out, get 1-5 kills and then hide under a boat.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, MarshallBanana0815 said:

well, if they do that, then queue the whining because of "killstealers" and would prolly produce way more toxicity.

I don't mind the whiners, they are usually player who just can't keep up with the pace of the battle and i'd gladly take some easy to ignore toxicity over a group of leechers who get rewarded for watching youtube/netflix etc. in the same way as someone actively playing would.

However, i think that there is nothing wrong with rewarding players based on performance since it would encourage people to improve their aim and have a more dynamical gameplay and reward them for it, at least in the event.

4 minutes ago, MarshallBanana0815 said:

and on top of that: its just a quick couple of runs over the course of 10 days to get everything...

Sure, but there is nothing wrong with rewarding someone based on performance instead of turning the whole reward system into "how many runs do i need to get everything and never touch it again" like every single event has been lately. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The hotfix broke melee channeling again (that was just fixed w/ the prior hotfix). Can we fix it on Monday?