Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't care what anyone says, this tactical alert is awesome.

Senguash

2 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

I don't mind the whiners, they are usually player who just can't keep up with the pace of the battle and i'd gladly take some easy to ignore toxicity over a group of leechers who get rewarded for watching youtube/netflix etc. in the same way as someone actively playing would.

However, i think that there is nothing wrong with rewarding players based on performance since it would encourage people to improve their aim and have a more dynamical gameplay and reward them for it, at least in the event.

Sure, but there is nothing wrong with rewarding someone based on performance instead of turning the whole reward system into "how many runs do i need to get everything and never touch it again" like every single event has been lately. 

I agree with you on the performance aspect but ever since Venus update, warframe connection has been awful, broken more like it. The lag in public matches are horrific, transference to from frame is buggy as all get out and abilities don't work half the time fighting profit taker, and other main characters. Ones performance is not effective at this rate. I believe DE knows this and that's why the grind will remain. Push the monetary distraction and to continue to release bugged updates to compete with status quo...

6 hours ago, BardianAngel said:

The event currently incentivises getting a kill or two and hiding for the rest of the mission.

Could we maybe get some extra rewards for trying?

^This. It's so much more fun if you try and get lots of executioners wet instead of afk'ing. But the incentive is just missing.

Also i'm sad. Now i wanna have that Soaktron as a weapon or at least as a skin. I feel teased.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Now that's just "please give free stuff" lol

No. No it isn't.

Games have this tendency to overlook or refuse to value a players time. Saying that it shouldn't require 80 consecutive mission runs to unlock everything isn't asking for free stuff, it's asking them to realize that "hey, doing this the first couple of times was pretty cool, but on my 20th attempt, it's getting old." As many on the forum have already mentioned, we need additions (by killing or adding a multiplier to the mission per tier) to the base reward of doing the mission to reduce replay fatigue and incentive to just afk.

This should be a game, not an exercise of patience.

Edited by Lahared

I just ran this event for 9 hours and now have all the rewards. IMO the worst part wasn't the repletion, but the fact that its 5 min and there is no way to continue so you have to sit through loading and dialogue each time. So much time wasted when I could have just ran a 6 and a half hour run and gotten done what i accomplished in 9 hours. The cosmetics are good and the Scene is wonderful. I do wish the soaker was a weapon skin for say crossbows, as crossbows have similar physics to the soaker besides the pumping up aspect. If it were a skin I would farm this even another 20 hours in these 10 days just for the skin.

One other thing i will add, If there were a leader board for this event I would farm this event for the entire duration just to try and be in the top few. It would become competitive and that would make it more fun. I would also get people "killing" more as people could contribute to their event kills or something.

Edited by bluefish177
Additional comment

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Only the most dedicated Soakers get the highest tier (optional and cosmetic) rewards. 10 Days to go! 

EDIT @ 6:12PM: For those of you wanting to get your hands on all the rewards, we will be re-running this event in the future if you don't manage to pick up everything you want by August 12!

can our points carry over to the next event?

As with so many other events DE has done, this is fun for a bit, but becomes nothing more than a tedious grind if you want all the rewards.

The game mode itself is actually quite fun. It reminds me of playing Botmatch in UT or Quake 3. Especially because everyone has projectile weapons, which is way more fun than lazy old hitscan everywhere they way it usually is.

But, because it is so simple, with only one weapon and no variety to objectives or anything else, it gets boring fairly fast. It certainly does not have the staying power to remain fun for the entire time it would take to get enough pearls for all the rewards. If there were more weapons, and more gametypes, like CTF or king of the hill or something, then it would have a lot more staying power.

Basically: It would be nice if DE would actually give us a gamemode that was fun enough to play for 10 days, instead of this little 1 day gamemode with a 10 day grind on top of it. Plus, since you get 50 pearls per round no matter what, is it any surprise that so many people simply AFK farm? This is why pearls should be rewarded based on performance, not just per match.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Only the most dedicated Soakers get the highest tier (optional and cosmetic) rewards. 10 Days to go! 

EDIT @ 6:12PM: For those of you wanting to get your hands on all the rewards, we will be re-running this event in the future if you don't manage to pick up everything you want by August 12!

It doesn't matter that it's 'optional and cosmetic', it's event rewards.

9 hours of incredibly tedious grind is not fun.

In a game, in a 'fun summer event'. It. Is. Not. Fun.

And then you get annoyed when people cheese the missions.

12 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Remember that people pay real money for cosmetics.  Real money comes from working, which is time.  So whether its time IRL or time in game doesnt really matter.  

Cool, so, 9 hours is a long work day.

At (respective) minimum wages that's: GB£74, US$67, CA$100

Based on online info about wages, if DE were to pay one of their staff to earn 1 of each non-mod item from Nakak, it would cost CA$300-400.

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE said they wanted to reduce the grind.

They don't. The 'year of grind' more than doubled it. And most things are ever grindier.

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't see this as an event. This is a minigame. A gimmick. Something that would be PART of an actual event in other games.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it. But trying to stretch it out to be a full blown event wich you have to play for more than 7 hours if you want everything? Thats not gonna make the cut. It clearly fails at the time/reward ratio, and like someone else on this thread said: It disrespects players time.

Assuming they don't add any more prizes in later repeats, and the event comes by once a year, and taking into account burnout where the event just becomes too painful to continue, I estimate I'll have all the rewards in about six or seven years. Wish me luck.

(to be honest, the gamemode itself isn't actually fun to begin with; the physics of the water gun projectiles feel really bad; or at least they feel nothing like the super soakers they're emulating)

I like the event. I really do but as others have mentioned the grind is kinda extreme. And the event itself could use a few tweaks for next time.

To deal with AFK'ing and such - which will happen - that solution is simple. Rewards are based on total score which is divided to each individuals kill ratio. 0 kills/soaks/whatever means you get jack. Simple as that.

Second of all, to encourage getting as high of a score as possible, have soft multipliers, like .2 or so per X kills reached.

Now there are 0 reasons to afk and every reason to kill as many as possible. Those who perform the best will also get their fair share obviously.

Expand on the event itself. For an event like this I would personally shamelessly borrow a S#&$-ton from games like say Quake and *cough* Unreal Tournament (sound familiar, DE?) *cough* and such. Add temporary powerups that anyone including AI can pick up for example. Rapid fire, classic quad damage, endless ammo etc. This is in my opinion almost a must in order to counter the brain suicidal grinding that would otherwise be.

Achievement rewards.

Various small side rewards not tied to the main rewards. Kill 3 within 10 seconds, reach 200, 300, 500 kills etc etc.

Again, these events are great but the grindy element behind them HAVE to be countered properly!

Get Kela De Thaym drunk more often. This is a nice, fun, happy game mode and, as long as you aren't worried about getting all of the rewards you can be perfectly happy.

Roll on snowball fights come Christmas.

Ignore the grindy muppets who turn every bit of fun in to a chore.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Afk cheese strat it is then 😄

The event is a neat idea (hell it is amazingly creative), but for something that is mostly cosmetics (and not even that impressive) it does have an absurd grind rate, and the major thing that people saying "its only 6 hours" or however long it is are forgetting is that it is 6 hours taking away from anything else that could be done by players.

This isn't like the 8.5 hour Cryotic grind for a Sibear, which at least is likely to give relics and small piles of Endo and Relics, it is 6+ hours of grinding with nothing coming out of it but a currency that is only used for cosmetic items.

Before anyone says "Then don't do it" don't bother, I'm not farming for anything, but I enjoyed the mission and the fun factor, but for most people anything can become less fun if you do it over and over again with no change or variety, hence why people are AFK cheesing it solo and doing something else while the timer ticks down.

Its not that the mission and event isn't fun, its just not fun for 6 hours.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Challenge accepted...

18 hours ago, Ins. said:

Just because they are optional and cosmetic doesn't mean they should be locked behind 80 repeats of the same mission.

Just because you want to get every reward of the event on its first iteration of many without working for it, doesn't mean you get to.

Wow, we cant play this to our hearts will, full bias mode.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

How can people be so full of themselves that they think their amount of effort is correct one? They should lower the grind because princess cant be F'ed to play more then 3 times and needs all the rewards here and now. When did this community became so whiny and entitled?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

How can people be so full of themselves that they think their amount of effort is correct one? They should lower the grind because princess cant be F'ed to play more then 3 times and needs all the rewards here and now. When did this community became so whiny and entitled?

i got to say this is first time i can understand people when crying "white knights" (and normally i am on the so called "white knight" side), but pushing a tons of grind into a gamemode where you gameplay has zero relevance it is just garbage (it makes no difference if you have 150 kills or just 1 kill and then run away). give us kill cap or reward the kills (like teamkills /2 as a bonus for everyone) and most of the event would be fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scharfohr said:

i got to say this is first time i can understand people when crying "white knights" (and normally i am on the so called "white knight" side), but pushing a tons of grind into a gamemode where you gameplay has zero relevance it is just garbage (it makes no difference if you have 150 kills or just 1 kill and then run away). give us kill cap or reward the kills (like teamkills /2 as a bonus for everyone) and most of the event would be fine.

But i can get behind making your effort more relevant but seriously the grind itself is hardly even big one. You have a lot of time for it and rewards are cosmetics, you are not locked out from anything relevant if you refuse to play it. Im sick of princesses that cry about any miniscule obstacle because they cant get everything in the exact amount of effort they are willing to put and this comes from someone who will not be getting everything, maybe just the sigill. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There's optional and cosmetic, and then there's just not valuing your players' time/sanity. You know full-well that your game is a collectathon, there's no reason to make this grind this awful. I liked the game mode the first 6 rounds until I started doing the math, and now I hate it.

There needs to be some sort of merit-based reward system for this, not just 'sit in a tree and wait 5 minutes' like everyone is doing. Kills (soaks?) should matter. Either that, or just reduce the total cost. 

Oh and remember how long it took to re-run plaguestar last time? Or remember when you guys re-ran the special conclave events (snowball fight, cupid arrows)? Or remember when "raids will be back in the near future"? Not to be rude, but I don't have much faith in these kinds of promises now.

• Like 1