Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't care what anyone says, this tactical alert is awesome.

Senguash

10 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Cosmetics have no bearing on actual gameplay.

Which is exactly why they shouldn't be this expensive, especially when the only valid way to play the event is by not playing.

This isn't like earning something special by conquering a difficult challenge. It's a snoozefest.

Edited by Lucaine

Just now, Lucaine said:

Which is exactly why they shouldn't be this expensive, especially when the only valid way to play the event is by not playing.

Is it the only valid way?  Or is that just you wanting to be afk?

Giving afk the same reward as playing is dumb, they need to fix that.  But a solid non-RNG grind for cosmetics over the course of ten days is fine.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Is it the only valid way?  Or is that just you wanting to be afk?

Giving afk the same reward as playing is dumb, they need to fix that.  But a solid non-RNG grind for cosmetics over the course of ten days is fine.

I forgot that non-RNG grinds weren't allowed to be fun. Thanks for the reminder.

1 minute ago, Espilon said:

I forgot that non-RNG grinds weren't allowed to be fun. Thanks for the reminder.

Fun is subjective.  One person's favorite game mode isn't another one's.

Don't pretend Warframe is a game full of "do this for thirty minutes and you're done" sorts of grinds.  This is a pretty grind intensive game.

Just now, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Don't pretend Warframe is a game full of "do this for thirty minutes and you're done" sorts of grinds.  This is a pretty grind intensive game.

So what you're saying is... you think an event that was most likely intended as a "bit of fun" should be a tedious nightmare for all the completionists who play this game?

1 minute ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

As a completionist in this game, I've done a lot of grinds waaaay crazier than this one.

Based on the wide complaints all over the forums about the pricing, you don't speak for the majority. Again, there's nothing crazy about this. It's just BORING.

Edited by Lucaine

2 minutes ago, Lucaine said:

Based on the wide complaints all over the forums about the pricing, you don't speak for the majority. Again, there's nothing crazy about this. It's just BORING.

I'm pretty sure the majority didn't complete all the other grinds in the game. 

Which, to be fair, makes sense.  The average person picking up Warframe probably grabs some stuff they like and calls it good.  People earning everything are in a minority, considering the sheer size and volume of the game.

Just now, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I'm pretty sure the majority didn't complete all the other grinds in the game. 

Which, to be fair, makes sense.  The average person picking up Warframe probably grabs some stuff they like and calls it good.  People earning everything are in a minority, considering the sheer size and volume of the game.

Alright then, if you're gonna go being a gatekeeper:

I've mastered everything in the game. I've dumped over 5,000 hours into the game. I've collected everything there is to collect. I've been through soooo much.

See how pointless this is? Still doesn't change the fact this event is extremely mind-numbing.

hace 22 horas, Ins. dijo:

Just because they are optional and cosmetic doesn't mean they should be locked behind 80 repeats of the same mission.

I couldn't agree more.

Doing the exact same task for 10 days isn't fun, it has no variety, and you don't get other things by doing It. Seems like they didn't learn a thing with the thermia fractures.

I think the event is good, what it totally ruins it for me is the unreasonable grind. They are overstretching it. I think It will be more effective for you to farm just the beach balls/sigil, and buy the captura scene on warframe market.

Difference is, compared to literally any other activity in the game, this gamemode has less depth than an indie game on the Xbox marketplace and yet they want you to do 6-9 hours of it to get everything. What could have been a cool, fun little mode to change the pace for Summer is a slog for some cosmetics.

Imagine if they released this fun little event with rewards that don't require hours of monotony.

Just now, Lucaine said:

Alright then, if you're gonna go being a gatekeeper:

I've mastered everything in the game. I've dumped over 5,000 hours into the game. I've collected everything there is to collect. I've been through soooo much.

See how pointless this is? Still doesn't change the fact this event is extremely mind-numbing.

Let me try to understand this:

I tried to get the shocking step ephemera, took me about 130 runs.  No run got me any closer to my objective, it was just another roll.  All in all, took about 30 hours.  I complained about this and it got steamrolled, since I was a statistical improbability.

This is a very straightforward grind.  "Do this, for this amount, and you're guaranteed the reward."  Way, way shorter too.  And this is the one that everyone freaks out about.

Not only do I think the costs are fine, but I think more of the game should be designed like this.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I tried to get the shocking step ephemera, took me about 130 runs.  No run got me any closer to my objective, it was just another roll.  All in all, took about 30 hours.  I complained about this and it got steamrolled, since I was a statistical improbability.

This is a very straightforward grind.  "Do this, for this amount, and you're guaranteed the reward."  Way, way shorter too.  And this is the one that everyone freaks out about.

Not only do I think the costs are fine, but I think more of the game should be designed like this.

10 day limited event with no depth requiring 81 completions vs. RNG on a ephemera that's available at any point and with no time limit.

Edited by Espilon

They both got no depth lol.

10 days on an event that looks likely to recur is plenty of time.

Eidolons, orbs and even the meta have far more depth than this mode could ever hope to achieve. That's saying something.

Likely to recur? Considering it's a Summer event, I'll see you next year.

10 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I had to run a few less exploiters (about 80, also statistically improbable), but I didn't hate it as much (notice "as much", I still hated it after the 30th run) as this for two reasons.
1) The mission doesn't go away, I can take a break for weeks and then come back and resume trying for the ephemera. 
2) Variety. I could get tired of a gun or a frame and switch to something else to at least shake up the monotony a little.

It's a straightforward grind sure, but it's like telling someone if they just manage to stare at a wall for 8 hours, you'll give them some cookie crumbs. Sure, they'll definitely get the crumbs if they're hungry enough, but they'll also probably never want to hang out with you again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kuciol said:

How can people be so full of themselves that they think their amount of effort is correct one? They should lower the grind because princess cant be F'ed to play more then 3 times and needs all the rewards here and now. When did this community became so whiny and entitled?

Is it really all that entitled to ask that we get rewarded for our effort? A 1 point win gets the same rewards as a 70 point win. There's no reward for playing well.

To get one of everything, we need to do 81 runs. Bit more than 3 mate.

18 minutes ago, BardianAngel said:

Is it really all that entitled to ask that we get rewarded for our effort? A 1 point win gets the same rewards as a 70 point win. There's no reward for playing well.

This is the issue i also have with it. 

18 minutes ago, BardianAngel said:

To get one of everything, we need to do 81 runs. Bit more than 3 mate.

This is not an issue because rewards are cosmetic.

10 hours ago, Fluffysbeans said:

It's a straightforward grind sure, but it's like telling someone if they just manage to stare at a wall for 8 hours, you'll give them some cookie crumbs. Sure, they'll definitely get the crumbs if they're hungry enough, but they'll also probably never want to hang out with you again.

I do agree here.

Pearls should be earned for kills so we actually get something for effort.