Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Takar-E-Siyah

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

If you cared to read the fine print, Reb did edit to say this Alert and rewards would return.

Sure but that won't stop people from power grinding it because they don't know when the alert will return, I'm guessing next year but some people would rather get everything now and don't want to wait 12 months to get more progress. The recent Proxy Rebellion brought the Rakta Syandana which hasn't been seen for almost 4 years.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Takar-E-Siyah said:

Nakak's prices are way too high. 500 pearls just for a floof? That's 10 games = 40minutes of grinding just for 1 floof. Rediculous. There's other parts of the game i want to play. Still gotta do more nightwave with the little time i have between working 2 jobs and going to classes

Yep, Warframe has become Warfarm.

Reb eddited a comment to say it will re-run in the future but that won't stop the people who don't want to wait for the next run, probably next year.

I see people defending their favorite game at all costs with any reason, it's so sad.
Doing the same mission hundreds of times, in the same location, versus same enemies and no options for characters and weapons...... IS BORING and there is no room for subjectivity. 

I gotta say...sometimes it seems like DE just wants to hit an extra zero onto any resource or currency for giggles.

"What would be a good amount for this when we earn them at this rate... maybe 400?" suddenly Steve kicks down a door and shouts "NO YOU FOOL, MAKE IT 4000!" before riding out on a noble steed into the sunset.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Takar-E-Siyah said:

Nakak's prices are way too high. 500 pearls just for a floof? That's 10 games = 40minutes of grinding just for 1 floof. Rediculous. There's other parts of the game i want to play. Still gotta do more nightwave with the little time i have between working 2 jobs and going to classes

50 points to run = 20 run for 1000 points; any run 5 minutes = 100 minutes so 1h 40m for 9 days c'mon not is so expensive.

I think the thing that gets me the most about the Pearls is that the Pearls and match points are separate. 

So there is no good way outside of visiting Nakak or maybe checking your inventory(?) to check your Pearls.

It would be nice if they used the same currency/points or at least if there was a display on the Alerts that showed you your current Pearl count.

1 minute ago, dw3t said:

50 points to run = 20 run; any run 5 minutes = 100 minutes so 1h 40m for 9 days c'mon not is so expensive.

If you want all the non-mod items at least once it takes 6h 35m

2 minutes ago, MemeCataclysm said:

If you want all the non-mod items at least once it takes 6h 35m

6 hrs in 9 days are fallible. I've already take Dog Days scene 😛 so miss floofs

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I think the thing that gets me the most about the Pearls is that the Pearls and match points are separate. 

So there is no good way outside of visiting Nakak or maybe checking your inventory(?) to check your Pearls.

It would be nice if they used the same currency/points or at least if there was a display on the Alerts that showed you your current Pearl count.

Oh, there's a trick for that. Type [Nakak Pearls], press enter, and click on the link

3 minutes ago, Vicidomini said:

Oh, there's a trick for that. Type [Nakak Pearls], press enter, and click on the link

I'll have to try to remember that, tho it would still be nice if it was displayed right on the Navigation screen. '

Edit: Hmm those are actually a nice whoozle, they'd make a great ship decoration. 

38 minutes ago, MemeCataclysm said:

Sure but that won't stop people from power grinding it because they don't know when the alert will return, I'm guessing next year but some people would rather get everything now and don't want to wait 12 months to get more progress. The recent Proxy Rebellion brought the Rakta Syandana which hasn't been seen for almost 4 years.

Would that not make it their own personal problem? We are adults after all. We can either manage our time properly, or we can be babies and cry it is too much. Given people gripe constantly there is nothing to do.... we have something to do.

58 minutes ago, nellone said:
  • I see people defending their favorite game at all costs with any reason, it's so sad.
    Doing the same mission hundreds of times, in the same location, versus same enemies and no options for characters and weapons...... IS BORING and there is no room for subjectivity. 

Agreed on this, unless a game mode has some unique-ness to it, having us shift down from variety of equipment to what might as well be the MR0 feel, except we cant even melee, use abilities or even have the passive to rely on, tends to feel a massive frustrating drain to boot.

A good way they could of had this was taking a page outta splatoon and give water gun variety such as:

• Splash Snipers: Long range, but slow fire rate.
  • Water bomb Launchers: Basically requires a charge up and release but would throw out a ball of water that works like a on-surface impact AoE splash, basically like a Phantasma charge shot.
  • Twin Soakers: Basically the rapid fire option for shooting speedier but could have a damage drop on it, which having it as a burst fire or full auto would been way better then how iffie the regular Soaktron currently feels like.
  • Splash-Stick: Basically the shotgun version with higher damage to trade off for a Tigris like fire rate. 

At best, likely due to player ping & the hitbox on these tap shooters & how fast they require pumping after only a few taps, tends it basically makes it really hard to even hit enemies, since i feel like there is some terrible flight speed going on with the Soakertron shots, it definitely feels like some values should of been tweaked to accommodate for player lag.

Eh, the event isnt even bad. Would have been nice to have a pool noodle melee or something for some variety but otherwise its not bad.

Requires time yes, but well... welcome to Warfarm, you new here or something?

Very fun when you lose connection to host and everyone loses. 

People are AFKing constantly because there really is no incentive to actually play. It's just grinding for pearls. Because we want orbiters full of roller floofs.

It's a relief to play a shoot-em-up without mods and abilities.

Oh right, on topic: Welcome to my world. I had to grind like crazy for those Arcanes in Plague Star (in addition to the exclusive mods Fulmination/Sacrifice and Snipetron). This seems comparable in effort... maybe actually less effort. And I was grinding for Arcanes... floofs? They don't have any effect on the game. Even bad Arcanes do more than floofs.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Oh right, on topic: Welcome to my world. I had to grind like crazy for those Arcanes in Plague Star (in addition to the exclusive mods Fulmination/Sacrifice and Snipetron). This seems comparable in effort... maybe actually less effort. And I was grinding for Arcanes... floofs? They don't have any effect on the game. Even bad Arcanes do more than floofs.

That's a bad reason, it's the same reason why DE Steve won't lower the requirement for Hema "because other players did it, so you can too" that's a bad excuse/reason to keep something over grindy in a game.  Everyone has done Plague Star, doesn't mean I want someone else to grind through that mess in a week or two.

This event is a nice change of pace, but it has some major issues. It's very simplistic, not enough weapon variation (someone else mentioned GL's, Akimbo weapons etc.) ......

3 minutes ago, Serban_Kline said:

People are AFKing constantly because there really is no incentive to actually play. It's just grinding for pearls. Because we want orbiters full of roller floofs.

....and it brings problems like this.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb CuChulainnWD:

Would that not make it their own personal problem? We are adults after all. We can either manage our time properly, or we can be babies and cry it is too much. Given people gripe constantly there is nothing to do.... we have something to do.

If you ever feel bored, I advice watching the washing machine for 4 hours straight. That way, you got something to do, too. That argument really doesn't hold up.

The "event" is nice, but apart from playing it a few times it really isn't much of an "event" to beging with. It's shooting grineer with fixed HP and a watergun. Thats a gimmick, not an event.

8 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

If you ever feel bored, I advice watching the washing machine for 4 hours straight. That way, you got something to do, too. That argument really doesn't hold up.

The "event" is nice, but apart from playing it a few times it really isn't much of an "event" to beging with. It's shooting grineer with fixed HP and a watergun. Thats a gimmick, not an event.

Exactly. It's a nice touch and a somewhat .. unique spin on something we already have. But the grind behind it isn't really warranted. I think they can afford to tone down the cost of items without making them too easy. . Even conservation is more fair in that regard.

20 minutes ago, nslay said:

You had many ways to tackle it on plague star, you could run a tankie buffer like rhino or chroma, go full dakka with titania, before they patched in difficulty and cheese removal: just donut spam with ember fire bast, etc. The reason why Plague star worked because you could just bring whatever for the most part. This one is just super scraped to tooth-pick sized bones fashion & gameplay, which puts a further annoyance on the speed it takes for the currency combined with a game mode that could of honestly had a time reduction of maybe 2 or 4 seconds every time you killed a enemy, if the number of kills you get will not affect how many pearls you get per run. Atleast with Index it was tied to hitting a target score, even regular Rathuum allowed you to end the match quick by just reaching a score X higher vs the Rathuum mob`s score.