Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Takar-E-Siyah

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

1 minute ago, KernelKross said:

I really, really doubt he was talking about individual kills. What he is talking about is far better than not even playing the event to get everything (by afking).

I don't want people doing the killing while I get extra points for it despite not being the one to take the kill either

5 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That sounds like something that belongs only in the Index, no thanks

Any particular reason you don't like being rewarded for effort and teamwork?

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

Any particular reason you don't like being rewarded for effort and teamwork?

Because I want a reason to play this game mode more. If only we could get the supersoaker as a legit weapon that does nothing but it's still fun to use anyway.

6 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I don't want people doing the killing while I get extra points for it despite not being the one to take the kill either

So what you're saying is you'd rather AFK?

Just now, KernelKross said:

I'm saying I just want to play the game without seeing complaining everywhere I go.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

I'm saying I just want to play the game without seeing complaining everywhere I go.

Turn off the chat.

Stay away from the FEEDBACK forum.

Profit.

Seriously, alot of criticism I read here is actually put in decent wording. Yes, there are some black sheep, but thats the minority.

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Then play in your bliss and leave the constructive criticism of the forums to us.

5 minutes ago, KernelKross said:

It's actually amazing to me that's even an option and that DE wouldn't have made the event more interactive/fun. Instead of just a copy paste of Rathuum arena trials reskinned. 

19 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Because I want a reason to play this game mode more. If only we could get the supersoaker as a legit weapon that does nothing but it's still fun to use anyway.

That was unexpected, the way you worded that makes it sound like you need a reward in order to play this event, not that you enjoy it simply to enjoy the experience. Whether the rewards are given out sooner, lowered in amount of pearls needed or the timer being linked to a number of kills - you'd still be able to play to your hearts content. Just because you enjoy turning your brain off and 'enjoying' the exact. same. task. over and over doesn't mean the rest of us do.  And before you start on how the rest of warframe is the same task - at least my mods and frame/weapon choosing differentiates that we don't get that 'luxury' here.

Furthermore, if players who knew it was a grinding game and have played thousands of hours of it are complaining of your costs and grinding, that means you might have the prices a bit too high. 

40 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

killsteals

Never suggested that it would be player-only. Just like all resources are shared in normal missions the number of bonus pearls would be given to everyone according to the total number of all the players' kills. That's how it works in so many gamemodes already as a means to not be angry about your teammate simply trying to play the game at his best.

You should also not really consider people that want to collect everything "hardcore", this game all revolves around loot and collecting stuff, it's made for people that feel accomplished by collecting stuff. Sure, maybe the base reward you'd get from finishing a mission would be reduced if you were able to get over 50 by kills alone, maybe you could separate the "get pearls for kills" from the first 4 mission and have instead a 5th "endurance" mission with higher level enemies, where there is no "mission accomplished" base reward, but what you earn is what you get, it's not uncommon in Warframe to have events with an endurance mode for people who want "le phat loot" to get the necessary credits faster, in fact I was more surprised they didn't add one for this. Either way a faster way to get pearls for the willing should be added, this little is just excessive and the way is laid out just rewards AFKing in a tree.

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

That was unexpected, the way you worded that makes it sound like you need a reward in order to play this event, not that you enjoy it simply to enjoy the experience. Whether the rewards are given out sooner, lowered in amount of pearls needed or the timer being linked to a number of kills - you'd still be able to play to your hearts content. Just because you enjoy turning your brain off and 'enjoying' the exact. same. task. over and over doesn't mean the rest of us do.  And before you start on how the rest of warframe is the same task - at least my mods and frame/weapon choosing differentiates that we don't get that 'luxury' here.

Furthermore, if players who knew it was a grinding game and have played thousands of hours of it are complaining of your costs and grinding, that means you might have the prices a bit too high. 

Throwing thinly veiled "no ur a big dumdum head" insults isn't going to help your case, my friend 

On 2019-08-03 at 12:55 PM, Imbarator said:

Turn off the chat.

Stay away from the FEEDBACK forum.

Profit.

Seriously, alot of criticism I read here is actually put in decent wording. Yes, there are some black sheep, but thats the minority.

The thing is, I like looking for good feedback.

I would love to see good vauban rework, or see if anybody has good ideas on how to improve QoL things.

Nope. 

All I get is just cancer instead.

Spoiler

utV2oh7.png

Gerade eben schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

I would love to see good vauban rework, or see if anybody has good ideas on how to improve QoL things.

Nope. 

It seems we have completely diferent viewpoints regarding this.

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Throwing thinly veiled "no ur a big dumdum head" insults isn't going to help your case, my friend 

Do you don't have any defense for not wanting to be rewarded for teamwork and effort? Because I didn't insult you.

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Nope. 

Perhaps because you yourself don't contribute anything and condemn solid constructive feedback ... because... wait you still haven't clarified why you don't like any of the ideas. Just that you .....

30 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Because I want a reason to play this game mode more

11 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

If stating an issue, stating reason of the issue including consequences that such brings and possible solutions to solve said issue isn't good feedback then it's either me or you who don't know what good feedback/criticism is.

Of course there's lazy fuchs that want everything handed down with almost no challenge or effort from them on one side and people with severe developer stockholm syndrome that defend with tooth and nail everything DE does, being right or wrong irrelevant to them that can't be reasoned with, but looking at it I can hardly see anyone around here being any of these (not saying that you're that, you're on the fence at max... let's say that throwing one-liners at people who do show irritation but are still trying to word out their argument isn't a saving grace of yours).

The only thing that would work would be system like index but 50 points is a bit low. Why not scale it based on how many players are in? Like 20 per player? Would be a good reason to contribute and solo players wouldnt feel shafted. Should also be faster since usually it ends up with 90+ and people will try harder if they can finish faster.

9 minutes ago, kuciol said:

The only thing that would work would be system like index but 50 points is a bit low. Why not scale it based on how many players are in? Like 20 per player? Would be a good reason to contribute and solo players wouldnt feel shafted. Should also be faster since usually it ends up with 90+ and people will try harder if they can finish faster.

Which rewards effort and teamwork, instead of the current climate with this event that rewards leeching and being idle.  Not even participating in the event, which I doubt DE had in mind when creating it.

8 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

do it over multiple events

you mean over multiple.. years? yea, riiight 😄

I kinda think that we should get extra pearl drops from soaking enemies in the mission itself, which would make it more engaging.

Wow ,a whole 40 minutes ?? 

You must feel like your life is just slipping away spending that yuuuuuuge amount of time.....

Yea,that was indeed sarcasm btw  😄

Since 50 pearls are rewarded for a won match, regardless of the score, here's my recipe for those who cannot stand doing it for an hour:

1. Spawn on the map
  2. Kill one enemy or two
  3. Find a place to hide (there are pretty fine spots out there that can keep you hidden from every direction)
  4. Watch something, browse memes, complain about the Conclave/SpaceNinja contest/recent content/fap, while having it minimalized for ~5min
  5. ...
  6. Profit

If more pearls were earned by getting a better score, then the prices would go even higher.

7 minutes ago, Hexwater said:

Since 50 pearls are rewarded for a won match, regardless of the score, here's my recipe for those who cannot stand doing it for an hour:

1. Spawn on the map
  2. Kill one enemy or two
  3. Find a place to hide (there are pretty fine spots out there that can keep you hidden from every direction)
  4. Watch something, browse memes, complain about the Conclave/SpaceNinja contest/recent content/fap, while having it minimalized for ~5min
  5. ...
  6. Profit

If more pearls were earned by getting a better score, then the prices would go even higher.

That works, or you could do like me, get my reactor and then refuse to touch the event with a 20 foot pool noodle. (Despite the fun concept it wears thin pretty quick)

Just now, Aldain said:

That works, or you could do like me, get my reactor and then refuse to touch the event with a 20 foot pool noodle. (Despite the fun concept it wears thin pretty quick)

Well, it would work for me too, but I want the sigil and the emblem, since it's the first time in forever, when I've got my hands on water-themed stuff in Warframe.

Yes, I main Hydroid.

5 minutes ago, Hexwater said:

1. Spawn on the map
  2. Kill one enemy or two
  5. ...
  6. Profit

While I was aware of this strategy, this still defeats the purpose of the event. If it can be cheesed/abused/exploited like this - why bother with the event at all? 

It's a real shame that DE has been making new events rather..cumbersome. At least with thermia leaks you get a good side-grade weapon and the boss fight you get some neat cosmetics. With Dog Days it's already a hefty grind with mostly orbiter decorations as the meaningful reward, the same scam of 'selling common mods for a semi-difficult resource' is the same here as it is with baro selling common mods for ducats (whether or not ducats are difficult to get isn't the point). Just very disappointed that the event is handled this way, when it could've had much more repeatability while also having a bit better rewards or at least better respecting your time.

20 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You have 10 days to do it.

Next?

As someone who has a job and loves warframe a whole lot I really don't want to spend my little amount of down time doing one game mode along with the nightwave bounties. Maybe if they shorten the length of each round or upped the amount of pearls for the final round would be better in my opinion and just cause it lasts for 10 days doesn't mean people can play all 10 day like I can't, just saying.

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

It's a real shame that DE has been making new events rather..cumbersome. At least with thermia leaks you get a good side-grade weapon and the boss fight you get some neat cosmetics. With Dog Days it's already a hefty grind with mostly orbiter decorations as the meaningful reward, the same scam of 'selling common mods for a semi-difficult resource' is the same here as it is with baro selling common mods for ducats (whether or not ducats are difficult to get isn't the point). Just very disappointed that the event is handled this way, when it could've had much more repeatability while also having a bit better rewards or at least better respecting your time.

I just wish that it didn't take 3 hours just to get emblem, sigil and a single ball, that amount of time should be the one semi-dedicated people would take to grab a little over half the cosmetic rewards but instead they have to go trough 7 hours which I'd consider a really dedicated player should take to buy out the store once and then a couple more things as well.

This gamemode could only remain entertaining for so long before the weight of the grind for pearls started to be felt. It does not, as you said, respect your time as these cries of excessive grind don't only come from people who work around the clock but a considerable portion of people including ones that technically have the time to go trough the grind, but it's just so insufferable.

1 minute ago, Gabriel_Urs said:

I just wish that it didn't take 3 hours just to get emblem, sigil and a single ball, that amount of time should be the one semi-dedicated people would take to grab a little over half the cosmetic rewards but instead they have to go trough 7 hours which I'd consider a really dedicated player should take to buy out the store once and then a couple more things as well.

This gamemode could only remain entertaining for so long before the weight of the grind for pearls started to be felt. It does not, as you said, respect your time as these cries of excessive grind don't only come from people who work around the clock but a considerable portion of people including ones that technically have the time to go trough the grind, but it's just so insufferable.

You're one of the few to acknowledge the 'respecting time' aspect of gaming. Yes, even in a grinding game where the goal is to spend a fair amount of time collecting things, there is a limit. And normally this limit is what determines whether someone grinds it out or buys it with plat/$$. Since that latter option isn't here (and frankly shouldn't be since it's an event), because of the complaints of the grind here, and frankly how unfun it gets to be very quickly, I think DE need to take a hard look at this game mode and fix it.