Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

19 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

While I was aware of this strategy, this still defeats the purpose of the event. If it can be cheesed/abused/exploited like this - why bother with the event at all? 

It's a real shame that DE has been making new events rather..cumbersome. At least with thermia leaks you get a good side-grade weapon and the boss fight you get some neat cosmetics. With Dog Days it's already a hefty grind with mostly orbiter decorations as the meaningful reward, the same scam of 'selling common mods for a semi-difficult resource' is the same here as it is with baro selling common mods for ducats (whether or not ducats are difficult to get isn't the point). Just very disappointed that the event is handled this way, when it could've had much more repeatability while also having a bit better rewards or at least better respecting your time.

I get your point.

As for me, I enjoy the event, as something different. Yes, it's repeatable, and gets boring after a while, but arent all the missions and tasks in the game?
I might be lucky for wanting just the emblem and the sigil. I'm not particularly interested in the fluffballs. I might get myself the colour palette, and even the captura, when I feel like it.

Another thing is that, with every content released, in every game, there is a bunch of people who will complain about it.

Just now, Hexwater said:

Yes, it's repeatable, and gets boring after a while, but arent all the missions and tasks in the game?

Not in the same fashion.  Our frames don't have any impact here, we're all at 100 health, no modding or weapons to give variety. And while the squirt gun is a neat gimmick (like I mentioned before I like the attention to detail with the water), in the end DE limited themselves. 

Yeah it's a nice little event, but because of how much you have to play it (grind through it) it should have more depth. Which is why I'm not 'harping' on Plague Star or even Thermia, because we have our normal modding, frames, weapons + it's more than just "run around shooting stuff' or in most people's case, idling. 

3 minutes ago, Hexwater said:

Another thing is that, with every content released, in every game, there is a bunch of people who will complain about it.

This is true, and as a developer (and even a player) you must have discernment to be able to decipher whether or not people are complaining to complain or voicing their opinions on a problem. I'd argue it's the latter, since I'm not here to "hear" myself talk.

• Like 1

Question to all people complaining that event is simple and rewards are cosmetic. Do you really think they have time to make anything more complex? I mean just check how many things they are working on currently. 

Just now, Hexwater said:

Yes, it's repeatable, and gets boring after a while, but arent all the missions and tasks in the game?

True, but at least I could get Relics or Endo in other missions, this one gives pretty much nothing.

Its why people will do Thermia Fractures with minimal (comparatively) complaining, because while dull and repetitive, it gives drops that allow for fighting Exploiter, which gives materials from Fortuna.

The event starts and ends at itself, and unlike most other events doesn't even have a "High Clan Score" incentive, this makes the time spent on it strictly inferior to most other missions because you get nothing but event currency out of it.

The issue is that it is TOO narrow for the amount of time it wants people to spend on it and because of this is so far excluded from the rest of the game it becomes time that many would consider better spent elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Not in the same fashion.  Our frames don't have any impact here, we're all at 100 health, no modding or weapons to give variety. And while the squirt gun is a neat gimmick (like I mentioned before I like the attention to detail with the water), in the end DE limited themselves.

I do agree. I was bored after a while, where I couldn't spam my abilites, switch weapons, and do all this crazy stuff. Gladly, the mission lasts only 5 minutes.

As for the cost, it might be too high, as per "respecting players time", and I do agree on that.

While the event is not crystal clear in my eyes, I hope it leads to more water-themed stuff (not only ice-themed) in the future.

11 minutes ago, Hexwater said:

I get your point.

As for me, I enjoy the event, as something different. Yes, it's repeatable, and gets boring after a while, but arent all the missions and tasks in the game?
I might be lucky for wanting just the emblem and the sigil. I'm not particularly interested in the fluffballs. I might get myself the colour palette, and even the captura, when I feel like it.

Not all missions. Some missions requires a lot of replays to reach the perfection and changing weapon or frame means changing gameplay style.

Edited by bibmobello

I am enjoying the event. I don't plan on playing till I have everything from the start but hour or two a day works for. I was in a big clan at one point that went hardcore when there were trophies for events. I know Warframe as not having options for certain things because that is how we did those events. I enjoy collecting though not worried about everything ever. I will slowly work my way through the items for this event. I actually find it tons more fun than some of the missions that I have to sit through to earn Prime parts.

The pearl costs for the floofs and some other items definitely need to stay consistent instead of just everywhere. Like keep the floofs at like 200 pearls or something each. If you also made the event more Index style where you get 50 points then that round ends then you get 50 pearls and can choose to continue or extract. Then to further add to it make it so that for every so amount of kills then you get some pearls to encourage actually "killing enemies" rather than just afk'ing. 

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

Question to all people complaining that event is simple and rewards are cosmetic. Do you really think they have time to make anything more complex? I mean just check how many things they are working on currently. 

Let me answer your question with a number of questions:

• How difficult would it of been for them to take a Tigris, A Vectis, A pair of Akjagara & a Tonkor and give them re-skin overs, even if they simply just gave them very basic textures tweaks & change the stats & plaster the pump up gimmick on them? Plus giving them some small sound effects & bullet tweaks for the splash effect?
  • How hard would it of been for them to have every time a enemy was killed, the timer would go down by say...3 seconds?
  • How hard would it of been for them to take the exact mechanic coding for Rathuum where, they clearly must of took the UI from it to make Dog Days & made sure to have left the win condition trigger in once one team has gotten X more kills then the other?

Honestly i only got a very bare-bones college degree in Information system technology that i never got around to putting to use, but i at-least can smell lazy-ness on coding tweaks & skipping out what would of been VERY desirable features when i see them in a event, Especially when said event is literally just a different map, some additional modifiers to disable many things & lock players into a stat & weapon load out, of Rathuum. Except they went the extra mile to strip out features people like about Rathuum.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

1kill = 3 nakak pearls
and all problems with this event will vanish....
but now it's too late i guess

EDIT:
score = nakak pearls
so the team will not complain for stealed kills

Edited by nellone

32 minutes ago, nellone said:

score = nakak pearls

^This

Yes, the reason why the afk method is better is because of the reward has nothing to do what you have done. I used to play this event normally and enjoyed it. But after 600+ kills, it gets boring rapidly.

The corresponding reward is crucial in long terms; The curiosity and fun not going to support you to finish this whole event with 40 kills each match, while you get the exact same reward as afking the whole time and 1 - 0 in the end. (Could be possible if you had friends to play together (?), but for solo players, the fun part worn out quickly.)

To me the prices are ridiculous. It would have been easily set aside if you could get even thrice or more pearls depending on your score. Like, 50 pears for winning and extra pearls countred similary to the index bonus coins. Easily to hit the top ones with a group of experienced randoms. This thing of 50xgame seems.... bad.

Total price of all the stuff on the store = 5850. Now, you get 50 pearls each game of mission 4. 5850/50 = 117.

Now, you need to win 117 matches to win everything. So, 117*5(five minutes each game) = 585 minutes of total gameplay non-stop.

585/60 = 9,75 which roughly translates into 9:45. It will take you nine hours and forty five minutes to get everything not counting the intermediary in which you have to go through loading screen and mini 5 second waits.

The thing is supposed to be "fun" and stuff.... but fighting against bots with so many repeated words over and over and over is NOT fun.

Either make it so +effort = more pearls or lower the cost of the stuff. Please.

P.S. Did I do the maths wrong?

On 2019-08-03 at 9:55 AM, AJman14 said:

After going through all this work, I would rather a bowl of pearls in my decorations. Just keep them to decorate with. 😛

I would actually love that. Those pearls (while only 2D objects now) look dope and having them in some bowl with a plant of some sort would look quite nice. 

When did this game become less about genocide and more about internal decoration? 

On 2019-08-02 at 11:43 PM, (PS4)Takar-E-Siyah said:

Nakak's prices are way too high. 500 pearls just for a floof? That's 10 games = 40minutes of grinding just for 1 floof. Rediculous. There's other parts of the game i want to play. Still gotta do more nightwave with the little time i have between working 2 jobs and going to classes

Say it like it is. I got to Sedna, then between NW and PS and other events, I haven't progressed a bit in the map.

Welcome to Grindframe

This event was put in specifically to keep us veteran players occupied with a random event for a short bit of time. Other players can participate, sure, but then rewards are tossed in for those of us with nothing better to do in the game, calling for house of grind.

I really don't understand why so many players are complaining so loudly about things being grindy in an event designed to give you a reason to grind.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

vor 9 Minuten schrieb DrakeWurrum:

Welcome to Grindframe

This event was put in specifically to keep us veteran players occupied with a random event for a short bit of time. Other players can participate, sure, but then rewards are tossed in for those of us with nothing better to do in the game, calling for house of grind.

I really don't understand why so many players are complaining so loudly about things being grindy in an event designed to give you a reason to grind.

People play the game because the grind itself can be fun, if the time/reward ratio is done well.

Also, they can switch up gear for a different experience.

Introducing grind just for the sake of grinding is just stupid. This is not what WF is about, else they could just give you a clicker game for rewards.

It's interesting that an event that puts us all on an even footing is getting so much grief. 

It's taken away a lot of the advantages we've gotten over the years, and left, just us. It's a challenge that brings back individual skill, while allowing the weaker players to benefit from being teamed with the strong. 

And that's upsetting people for some reason? People who can do it, are using that to justify finding a way to hide and leech to get the rewards? They're claiming that the rewards that they're so desperate for, aren't worth the effort required to play, but they will endure the mind numbing "enter match, run and hide, wait 5 minutes"? 

Yeah. Now I get to laugh when I see those same players claiming they want endgame content because they are not challenged enough. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah. Now I get to laugh when I see those same players claiming they want endgame content because they are not challenged enough. 

You're not suggesting this tactical alert is challenging are you? Have you ever lost even in a pug with 3 tree huggers?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

It's interesting that an event that puts us all on an even footing is getting so much grief. 

It's taken away a lot of the advantages we've gotten over the years, and left, just us. It's a challenge that brings back individual skill, while allowing the weaker players to benefit from being teamed with the strong. 

And that's upsetting people for some reason? People who can do it, are using that to justify finding a way to hide and leech to get the rewards? They're claiming that the rewards that they're so desperate for, aren't worth the effort required to play, but they will endure the mind numbing "enter match, run and hide, wait 5 minutes"? 

No. Just no. There is so much wrong in this comment.

"It's a challenge that brings back individual skill"

There is literally no skill involved here, even if you don't afk. The AI is borderline-braindead, as long as u run backwards, they follow you. Then u just shoot them. Literally no challenge here.

"It's taken away a lot of the advantages we've gotten over the years, and left, just us"

Yes, with 0 variation, 0 challenge and 0 reward for doing well. THATS what people are pissed about.

"are using that to justify finding a way to hide and leech to get the rewards?"

As long as your performance doesn't matter? Yes.

"They're claiming that the rewards that they're so desperate for, aren't worth the effort required to play"

No, they are annoyed by having the rewars being grind-gated behind a very shallow gameplay experience. The experience itself should be fun. After that, we can talk about rewards. But DE know that people are starving for every crumb of content, and luring them with thise excessive grind just to keep them occupied? Bad move.

"but they will endure the mind numbing "enter match, run and hide, wait 5 minutes"?"

Well, they can do more interesting stuff. Like brushing their teeth. Doing chores. Watching netflix.

"Now I get to laugh when I see those same players claiming they want endgame content because they are not challenged enough. "

Repeating the same thing over and over does NOT equal challenge. So those players are absolutely and 100% correct. I rather play something for the challenge than repeat boring stuff for rewards.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Blueknight014 said:

Total price of all the stuff on the store = 5850. Now, you get 50 pearls each game of mission 4. 5850/50 = 117.

Now, you need to win 117 matches to win everything. So, 117*5(five minutes each game) = 585 minutes of total gameplay non-stop.

585/60 = 9,75 which roughly translates into 9:45. It will take you nine hours and forty five minutes to get everything not counting the intermediary in which you have to go through loading screen and mini 5 second waits.

First it's not non-stop.

Second, you missed one more calculation. 9.75 hrs/10 days = less than an hour a day. 

Third, a large portion of your 5.8k pearls can be skipped, because many of the rewards are found in game, on a node that we have to run repeatedly anyway. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

You're not suggesting this tactical alert is challenging are you? Have you ever lost even in a pug with 3 tree huggers?

No, because I haven't run into a pug with 3 leeches. I saw one dude who tried to encourage the group to afk, and got told off. 

But if I were to run into such a group, I'd be happy to actively find the enemies and let them gank me repeatedly. 

I'm suggesting that it's challenging because for a change the results screen shows us what you're capable of, instead of what your OP minmaxed frames and weapons can do while you afk. Results based on reality, not power fantasy. Neat concept, huh?