Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Takar-E-Siyah

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

10 hours ago, (PS4)Blueknight014 said:

Total price of all the stuff on the store = 5850. Now, you get 50 pearls each game of mission 4. 5850/50 = 117.

Now, you need to win 117 matches to win everything. So, 117*5(five minutes each game) = 585 minutes of total gameplay non-stop.

585/60 = 9,75 which roughly translates into 9:45. It will take you nine hours and forty five minutes to get everything not counting the intermediary in which you have to go through loading screen and mini 5 second waits.

First it's not non-stop.

Second, you missed one more calculation. 9.75 hrs/10 days = less than an hour a day. 

Third, a large portion of your 5.8k pearls can be skipped, because many of the rewards are found in game, on a node that we have to run repeatedly anyway. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

You're not suggesting this tactical alert is challenging are you? Have you ever lost even in a pug with 3 tree huggers?

No, because I haven't run into a pug with 3 leeches. I saw one dude who tried to encourage the group to afk, and got told off. 

But if I were to run into such a group, I'd be happy to actively find the enemies and let them gank me repeatedly. 

I'm suggesting that it's challenging because for a change the results screen shows us what you're capable of, instead of what your OP minmaxed frames and weapons can do while you afk. Results based on reality, not power fantasy. Neat concept, huh? 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

I'm suggesting that it's challenging because for a change the results screen shows us what you're capable of, instead of what your OP minmaxed frames and weapons can do while you afk. Results based on reality, not power fantasy. Neat concept, huh? 

Yay, It shows that someone was able to walk backwards while firing at a bad AI that mindlessly follow you. Such challenge, much wow. But you are correct, no power fantasy included here.

7 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

Yay, It shows that someone was able to walk backwards while firing at a bad AI that mindlessly follow you. Such challenge, much wow. But you are correct, no power fantasy included here.

If you can do that, and the results show that you do the most damage, get the least, while getting more kills than anyone else, then that shows you have "great skill, much wow". 

So far all I know you're good at is trying to find ways to cheese and afk. Which as far as I know takes no skill whatsoever, buddy. 

While I agree that the price is slightly on the high number, I find it pretty much in-line with other grind in Warframe of the same type. Those pearls only offer cosmetics (outside of the mods which you can get by beating Kela), and have you seen the resources needed for farmable cosmetics in other parts of the game?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

If you can do that, and the results show that you do the most damage, get the least, while getting more kills than anyone else, then that shows you have "great skill, much wow". 

So far all I know you're good at is trying to find ways to cheese and afk. Which as far as I know takes no skill whatsoever, buddy. 

So much passive aggressiveness. You okay, "buddy"?

In order to get good results on the result screen, you effectively cheese the AI as well. Wich is laughably simple. And again, your performance doesn't matter anyway, regarding the rewards.

Mabye you have fun doing something like holding your s-button while puttung the mouse over an enemy. Good for you, and I really mean it, whatever you have fun with: You do you. But my preferred level of challenge goes a bit deeper than that.

And apart from our differing enjoyment of several layers of "challenge", it is hard to deny the fact, that this mode was quickly cobbled together as a means to keep players occupied, wich, as I have said several times now, is bad game design. Working to get rewards? Thats what actual work is there for.

29 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

So much passive aggressiveness. You okay, "buddy"?

In order to get good results on the result screen, you effectively cheese the AI as well. Wich is laughably simple. And again, your performance doesn't matter anyway, regarding the rewards.

Mabye you have fun doing something like holding your s-button while puttung the mouse over an enemy. Good for you, and I really mean it, whatever you have fun with: You do you. But my preferred level of challenge goes a bit deeper than that.

And apart from our differing enjoyment of several layers of "challenge", it is hard to deny the fact, that this mode was quickly cobbled together as a means to keep players occupied, wich, as I have said several times now, is bad game design. Working to get rewards? Thats what actual work is there for.

No mouse, and no "s button". You'd have probably been able to guess that from the whole (PS4) bit. 

And let's be honest. If you won't do something that you consider "almost no challenge", then why do you think someone's going to believe that you are down for a deeper challenge? Especially since in this game, most challenge is really against your self imposed goals, and by comparing yourself to others? 

Do you never check that post action report to see how you did? I do. You see, cosmetics don't really float my boat, but trying to improve on the last time, does. 

That's why I'll be doing this a lot more before the week's end, Nightwave is usually simple to complete in a few days, and I end up wondering what else there is to do.

I will be getting the rewards I want. But I won't be trying to do it by hiding in the mobile vaults. 

Have fun doing whatever it is you want to do to get the things you want. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

No mouse, and no "s button". You'd have probably been able to guess that from the whole (PS4) bit. 

And let's be honest. If you won't do something that you consider "almost no challenge", then why do you think someone's going to believe that you are down for a deeper challenge? Especially since in this game, most challenge is really against your self imposed goals, and by comparing yourself to others? 

Do you never check that post action report to see how you did? I do. You see, cosmetics don't really float my boat, but trying to improve on the last time, does. 

That's why I'll be doing this a lot more before the week's end, Nightwave is usually simple to complete in a few days, and I end up wondering what else there is to do.

I will be getting the rewards I want. But I won't be trying to do it by hiding in the mobile vaults. 

Have fun doing whatever it is you want to do to get the things you want. 

What you believe and what not is of no concern to me. But trying to discredit what I said by basically coming up with "No, you probably don't really want challenge." is even more shallow than this event.

Self imposed challenged is an argument that can be applied to literally anything. Who can spin on his chair faster for example. That doesn't make it a well thought out challenge however. And luring players, who are not into spinning on their chairs with rewards, that you have to spin on your chair for several hours, because DE know that they want the rewards, is actually lazy.

I'll take any Soulsborne Boss over this for self imposed challenge anyday. Learn his attack patterns, trying out different weapons, going for a no-hit challenge, spicing it up with stuff like broken sword only. Know why thats fun? Because the CORE gameplay in itself is fun to me and many people, and encourages it to take it even further to preserve the fun with a game, they have played so often that the challenge is almost gone.

Asking for something that is no fun, to make up your own self imposed challenges to find some fun is a terrible idea for game design. One of the reason Fallout 76 crashed so hard. (And many other reasons, obviously.)

If I have to work, in order to get some fun out of something that isn't fun, then I rather stick with stuff that is fun from the beginning. Being teased with rewards I might miss however, is a developer pulling the exact stringt that trigger a fear of missing out - and thats scummy.

4 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

What you believe and what not is of no concern to me. But trying to discredit what I said by basically coming up with "No, you probably don't really want challenge." is even more shallow than this event.

If that were true then you wouldn't be trying to justify it. 

And just like the dude who got told off for asking us to AFK, all you get now is a simple question, "why play the game, if you only intend to not play the game?" 

5 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

If I have to work, in order to get some fun out of something that isn't fun, then I rather stick with stuff that is fun from the beginning.

And so, sooner than later, I will get to see demands for a "press any button to win" be implemented. 

As I said have fun doing whatever it is you want to do to get the things you want. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

And just like the dude who got told off for asking us to AFK, all you get now is a simple question, "why play the game, if you only intend to not play the game?" 

And so, sooner than later, I will get to see demands for a "press any button to win" be implemented. 

As I said have fun doing whatever it is you want to do to get the things you want. 

So you just call me a liar, make up assumptions about me, and take a HUGE leap from what I say I actually want to lead it into absurdity, all the while ignoring the points I actually made that would contradict your statements. But hey, those are lies as well, huh?

Sorry, but this is no groundwork for a conversation.

Edit: Oh, and considering your question. I want to play the game. I want a good gameplay experience. Wich I don't have while grinding the same mission for 7 hours without variation. I really dunno how you can come up with that assumption in the first place, given I never stated anything like that in the slightest. It even is evident to read up for you, so how in the name of our Lord and saviour, Tyl Regor, can you possibly believe to get away with an assumption like that? Seriously, it's stuff like that what triggers me. This is borderline trolling-territory.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

https://imgur.com/ZUkcxDT  Do I count then? The issue here is there is no variation (what Warframe is known for) and because of the meta shifting to efficiency in recent years, which this event doesn't take advantage of, you end up with the more efficient route, afk. It's quite funny to me that the more efficient way to grind the event is to simply, not do it. The other half of that is how DE didn't even put methods in to counter that, and how they thought everything was fine. 

Just because you like how the event is (and how you have no customization, no changes you make matter because there isn't any) that's fine. But the rest of us don't - and for good reason. It takes everything that Warframe is known for and removes it. No customization, no variants in weapons (which is yet another wasted opportunity on DE's part), and has you fight the same brain-dead AI over and over. Unlike other events (thermia, Ghouls, Plague Star) that have variation in what you do and you can bring different frames/weapons/loadouts, this has no variation. 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And let's be honest. If you won't do something that you consider "almost no challenge", then why do you think someone's going to believe that you are down for a deeper challenge?

Nothing honest about this. Considering Warframe as a whole isn't a challenge when you get past a point. So in your words, if someone can solo sortie they don't like Warframe because it's too easy and don't deserve to ask for a challenge?  That's a weird white knighting defense if I've ever heard one.

16 hours ago, Avienas said:

Let me answer your question with a number of questions:

• How difficult would it of been for them to take a Tigris, A Vectis, A pair of Akjagara & a Tonkor and give them re-skin overs, even if they simply just gave them very basic textures tweaks & change the stats & plaster the pump up gimmick on them? Plus giving them some small sound effects & bullet tweaks for the splash effect?
  • How hard would it of been for them to have every time a enemy was killed, the timer would go down by say...3 seconds?
  • How hard would it of been for them to take the exact mechanic coding for Rathuum where, they clearly must of took the UI from it to make Dog Days & made sure to have left the win condition trigger in once one team has gotten X more kills then the other?

Honestly i only got a very bare-bones college degree in Information system technology that i never got around to putting to use, but i at-least can smell lazy-ness on coding tweaks & skipping out what would of been VERY desirable features when i see them in a event, Especially when said event is literally just a different map, some additional modifiers to disable many things & lock players into a stat & weapon load out, of Rathuum. Except they went the extra mile to strip out features people like about Rathuum.

This guy gets it though 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because of the rewards, which you would know, if you actually read Imbarator's comment.

No one is asking for an easy mode, most people are asking for the event to be A. More Engaging; B. More Challenging; Each with increase in Pearls, to actually reward playing. Or lower the cost of rewards altogether.

Also, you seem to talk about challenge a whole lot, so let me ask you. To you, how does this 'challenging' content compare with 1 hour index, or even 1 hour Kuva Survival from previous Nightwave?

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

exploiting bad A.I isn't cheesing? I disagree.

1 hour ago, Imbarator said:

So you just call me a liar, make up assumptions about me, and take a HUGE leap from what I say I actually want to lead it into absurdity, all the while ignoring the points I actually made that would contradict your statements. But hey, those are lies as well, huh?

Sorry, but this is now groundwork for a conversation.

Really? Because what you've indicated you want is the rewards without actually playing. But hey who's counting, right? 

Edit: Oh, and considering your question. I want to play the game. I want a good gameplay experience. Wich I don't have while grinding the same mission for 7 hours without variation.

Ever wonder how many hours people've spent in a single mission at a time in this game? Or how many you've spent in Hydron using your favourite frame to level underpowered MR fodder? 

I really dunno how you can come up with that assumption in the first place, given I never stated anything like that in the slightest. It even is evident to read up for you, so how in the name of our Lord and saviour, Tyl Regor, can you possibly believe to get away with an assumption like that? Seriously, it's stuff like that what triggers me. This is borderline trolling-territory.

Yeah, no. Trolling would be trying to justify afking for 7 hours, and claiming that's how you have fun. 👍

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

Really? Because what you've indicated you want is the rewards without actually playing. But hey who's counting, right? 

Ever wonder how many hours people've spent in a single mission at a time in this game? Or how many you've spent in Hydron using your favourite frame to level underpowered MR fodder? 

Yeah, no. Trolling would be trying to justify afking for 7 hours, and claiming that's how you have fun. 👍

I admit defeat. There is no way winning an argument against someone who takes EVERYTHING out of context. You are just plain wrong with what you write, because the context of what I wrote is evident and open to read for everyone above your posts. But yeah, keep making a fool out of yourself.

45 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Do I count then? The issue here is there is no variation (what Warframe is known for) and because of the meta shifting to efficiency in recent years, which this event doesn't take advantage of, you end up with the more efficient route, afk. It's quite funny to me that the more efficient way to grind the event is to simply, not do it. The other half of that is how DE didn't even put methods in to counter that, and how they thought everything was fine

Dunno. When we do it over on console we can also see the post mission specs, rewards etc.. 

47 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Just because you like how the event is (and how you have no customization, no changes you make matter because there isn't any) that's fine.

Really? Pretty sure that the claim that fashion frame is endgame applies, because it's not just about winning, it's about looking good while you do it, right? 

Plus it may just be a cognitive bias, but frame choice still seems to make small differences. Stuff like sprint speed, Rhino's penchant for heavy landings etc. 

Maybe someone else can confirm. 

51 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Nothing honest about this. Considering Warframe as a whole isn't a challenge when you get past a point. So in your words, if someone can solo sortie they don't like Warframe because it's too easy and don't deserve to ask for a challenge?  That's a weird white knighting defense if I've ever heard one.

Let's see that someone do it in an unranked frame with unranked gear, shall we? Or does the choice of gear make so little difference after all? Because if that's the case then a mission where the gear is all the same isn't an issue at all. Neat, huh? 

Kill 1 and sit in tree to win reward of 50 Nakak Pearls. Just dont get kill. So its not a grind but a waiting game more or less. lol

28 minutes ago, KernelKross said:

Because of the rewards, which you would know, if you actually read Imbarator's comment.

No one is asking for an easy mode, most people are asking for the event to be A. More Engaging; B. More Challenging; Each with increase in Pearls, to actually reward playing. Or lower the cost of rewards altogether.

Also, you seem to talk about challenge a whole lot, so let me ask you. To you, how does this 'challenging' content compare with 1 hour index, or even 1 hour Kuva Survival from previous Nightwave?

🤔

Yeah, no you see the argument about rewards boils right down to "I want these rewards, but I don't actually want to play the game to earn them, so I will afk in order to earn them, and claim that I earned them".

Remember also that this game is chock full of newbs, who can all take part in the event. The event is meant for everyone, not just the "I demand endgame, even though I refuse to actually play what I will describe as easy and unchallenging" crowd. 

You are really asking for a shift in the mechanics that would allow us to power through, because we can, and leave them in the dust. The event is meant for all to be able to complete, and we're all on an even footing. You're choosing content that people at higher MRs still describe regularly as unchallenging, but that we both know are impossible for newer players. 

When's the last time you saw MR 6's outplaying MR 26's that were putting in any appreciable effort? Because that's what I've been seeing, and I suspect that is a big factor in some of the complaining that we see. What could possibly be more challenging than being left without all of our fancy gear and having to do the mission? (Heck there's even a thing in this game that creates the very situation, that a lot of people don't seem to remember exists.) 

On 2019-08-02 at 5:12 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You have 10 days to do it.

Next?

Yes.  And if I cared about getting the rewards, the sooner I get done with it the sooner I can go back to doing something compelling, challenging, or at least slightly interesting.  The game mode doesn't scale rewards with effort - you get the same reward for a scorew of 1-0 as you do for 100-0.  The only variable is how much time and effort I'm willing to dump on it.  I can completely understand why people are already fed up with it.

Public matches are going to see you teamed with leeches who aren't even willing to put forth the effort to run it solo.  All they want is the pearls, and you potentially need tons of them.  Doing MORE WORK doesn't get you more rewards, so why do it?  It's easier to score a hit, then hide somewhere and run out the mission timer while you do dishes or fold laundry, or basically *anything* that you could do that actually feels rewarding or accomplishes something.

The sooner I earn enough pearls to buy the handful of things I want, the sooner I can go back to doing something with actual rewards.  And "You don't have to do it" is a dangerous argument.  No, I don't "have to do it."  I also don't "have to" play Warframe at all, or spend money on it.  Guess what happens when a ton of the playerbase realizes they "don't have to" play at all, and go do something else?  (I'll give you a hint.  Go check how many people are playing Anthem.)

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

Yeah, no you see the argument about rewards boils right down to "I want these rewards, but I don't actually want to play the game to earn them, so I will afk in order to earn them, and claim that I earned them".

Actually, I'd prefer that actually DOING something in the mission *does* influence earning the rewards.  The problem is *completely* that you don't get better rewards from scoring an impossible number of defeats than you get for doing literally nothing.  Do EVERYTHING:  50 pearls.  Do NOTHING:  50 pears.  If you got another pearl for each enemy you downed, the AFK problem would almost instantly vanish, because doing *anything* would suddenly be more rewarding than doing nothing.

I want actually PLAYING the game to be WORTH doing.  This event doesn't encourage that, because you get the same rewards no matter what as long as you don't end with a negative score.  I think this event would be fine if being active in the mission actually *DID* help to earn the rewards.  Making sure everyone gets something just for trying is fine.  The event is meant to be "for fun."  But grinding the same pointless mission 20 times for the captura scene, when nothing I do has any impact on the rewards I'm "earning" is not fun.  It's just deliberate waste of nearly two hours of my weekend.

6 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Public matches are going to see you teamed with leeches who aren't even willing to put forth the effort to run it solo.  All they want is the pearls, and you potentially need tons of them.  Doing MORE WORK doesn't get you more rewards, so why do it?  It's easier to score a hit, then hide somewhere and run out the mission timer while you do dishes or fold laundry, or basically *anything* that you could do that actually feels rewarding or accomplishes something.

Calls people who do a thing "leeches". Advocates doing the thing that makes them leeches. 

🤔

41 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Kill 1 and sit in tree to win reward of 50 Nakak Pearls. Just dont get kill. So its not a grind but a waiting game more or less. lol

Honestly i had fun doing a bunch of testing already. You do NOT need to even kill a thing, timer still ticks even while paused in solo mode, this thing is more like a half shoddy rathuum made from scratch based on visuals alone then a rip from Rathuum itself. I will gladly put an effort into a new event if it is actually FUN, gives me incentive enjoy it, even if the rewards are just consumable fireworks.

Even Final Fantasy 14 back in the day whenever it hosted seasonal events were fun because they were short, simple, usually had fun gimmicks like this one valentines day 2 pair event where you needed to work with a pair partner to get thru a maze & even had small goodies to give a lasting impression. If a game is going to make a event, they need to keep it simple & engaging or even the fancy of getting beach ball decorations will not give enough retention value to want to do it again after slogging thru most of the things.

Which also does not help if you arent going to have any goodies you can show off often that might catch peoples eyes, which might make Look Link feel more like a dik off competition when someone flashes a overly fancy looking fashion loadout that might be packed with plenty of event-exclusive only colors/emblems that may/may-not get a reappearance after its over and might not be till next year they become available again OR just turn into another spam gag where people will flash horrible fashion across every chat and if these links do not include proper bracket terminology, its just going to make filtering them out even worst.

I will likely still get one of each item, but after that i might just be spending the rest of the week on a different game, since i will be sick of camping a single event even worst, then me spending a good while, burning thru 180 stamina on a mobile game for farmable cash-currency at about a 8~ stamina a run auto battle spam and constantly resetting it every few minutes.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Calls people who do a thing "leeches". Advocates doing the thing that makes them leeches. 

🤔

Yes.  Because the mission doesn't reward you for doing more.  If you want to "play it in the spirit intended," you pretty much have to solo or only play with like-minded friends.  If you just want the pearls, you should probably solo.  I already know full well that people *aren't* going to do that, because the mission itself isn't compelling for them.  And the only thing more low effort than doing *almost* nothing in a tedious misision you don't enjoy is doing *literally* nothing in a tedious mission you don't enjoy.

As for "calling people leeches," please provide a more politically correct term for "people who join public matches with the express intent of making everyone else do the minimum required to get the participation rewards."

I don't personally advocate even playing this mission.  After you finish the Tactical Alert portion and are just doing it for the pearls the mission design is literally just wasting your time.  I'll probably bash away at it to get the Captura scene, because I collect them.  I'd rather purchase the mods from other players (and I'm pretty sure I already did, because I despise the Arena in general and have never done it since the Rathuum revamp.)

i've not recorded it becuase of potential exploit but you can actually kill just a couple of guys and stand on either of the 2 floating orange towers in the corners ( those 2 more distant to the edge are better). the enemy will proceed with just running aimlessly in circles and can't shoot at you.

put on a good ost or podcast and enjoy the event?

well at least it was fun the first few rounds

58 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Plus it may just be a cognitive bias, but frame choice still seems to make small differences. Stuff like sprint speed, Rhino's penchant for heavy landings etc. 

All mods and passives are disabled for the event, all frames are equal.  Which is fine for a skill ceiling challenge, but this is a goofy event. And because of the bad AI + cheese you can do (kite them around, afk etc.) it isn't a challenge either, it's a borefest.

Because if that's the case then a mission where the gear is all the same isn't an issue at all. Neat, huh? 

In your opinion, which is that, an opinion.  If Warframe was designed to be samey samey (no choices matter equal footing and ability for all frames/weapons) then it wouldn't be Warframe. Which I believe is why so many have an issue with this event, because it removes what many like out of Warframe the Customization and Variety that loadouts bring. The other main point is you don't get any more rewards playing your best than the afk guy does watching netflix.

Dunno. When we do it over on console we can also see the post mission specs, rewards etc.. 

From this line I can deduce that you don't even have the event yet. Which begs the question why are you blindly defending (white knighting) something that is obviously so bare-bones and needs fixed? Edit: And even if you DO have it and have played it.  I don't expect this lazy quality from Digital Extremes and nor should anyone else. They are much better than this.