Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

14 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

If you want to "play it in the spirit intended," you pretty much have to solo or only play with like-minded friends.

Like I said, I've been doing it in pugs, and the only time someone openly suggested afk play, someone flat out told them off. 

Personally if I ran into a full group that was intent on doing it, I'd probably be more than happy to do the same, but without the added steps required to find an afk spot where I wouldn't be killed repeatedly. Should be fun. ☺️

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Like I said, I've been doing it in pugs, and the only time someone openly suggested afk play, someone flat out told them off. 

Personally if I ran into a full group that was intent on doing it, I'd probably be more than happy to do the same, but without the added steps required to find an afk spot where I wouldn't be killed repeatedly. Should be fun. ☺️

Just to be clear, since you might have misunderstood my post:  I'm not *personally* AFK'ing the mission.  If I was, I'd be doing it solo.  The few times I've played it past finishing the Tactical Alert I've gone ahead and participated.  But the fact that helping the team to score really well does NOTHING to the rewards earned feels like a problem.  I'm not helping newer players by trying to play well, because nothing I do makes any difference whatsoever.  If getting a high score got everyone on the team more pearls, I think the AFK problem (and some of the complaints about the grind and expense of the Nakak store) would go away, because actually playing the mission would feel rewarding. 

Right now, the only thing that matters is making sure your score isn't less than zero.  And then waiting out the five minute timer.  Over and over and over again.  And the "new players" are looking at the worst possible grind, if they're in the unfortunate position of wanting to get the cosmetics and bouncy balls and *also* wanting to take the chance at getting the Executioner mods possibly a lot sooner than normal (and without having to pay a lot of platinum to other players to trade for them.)  I personally will "only" have to finish the mission twenty or so times, maybe more if I decide to get the color palette.  Not sure I will, because it's mostly just "yellow."

Maybe the current mechanics are a glitch.  DE Rebecca did mention that "only the best and highest scoring" players would get all the cosmetics easily.  But as implemented right now, this event is early burnout just begging to happen.  *Especially* for the new players who don't see other options for getting the mods and don't necessarily want to wait a year or more for another shot at the cosmetics.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

From this line I can deduce that you don't even have the event yet. Which begs the question why are you blindly defending (white knighting) something that is obviously so bare-bones and needs fixed? Edit: And even if you DO have it and have played it.  I don't expect this lazy quality from Digital Extremes and nor should anyone else. They are much better than this. 

From this I can deduce that your deductive skills are badly flawed. 

I have the event rewards, the captura scene, the colour palette, sigil and emblem (or as I call them, the two "spray of water looking things"), and a very colourful (500 pearl) ball that my Mr Smee, seemed to really take a liking to. (If you are doing the math I'd have 1.7 k pearls left to finish the event cosmetics, but I know that I have 150 pearls left over from buying the last item.) 

And as I said, when we do it, we can see both sets of specs in the post mission report. That's how I even know for a fact that the two kill counts don't always match up when you compare them, and that the person doing the most damage won't always have the highest kill count. 

So, tell me again why you think that I'm not able to voice my opinion and present facts regarding this? 😉

Oh, and not a single match done afk. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I have the event rewards, the captura scene, the colour palette, sigil and emblem (or as I call them, the two "spray of water looking things"), and a very colourful (500 pearl) ball that my Mr Smee, seemed to really take a liking to. (If you are doing the math I'd have 1.7 k pearls left to finish the event cosmetics, but I know that I have 150 pearls left over from buying the last item.) 

And as I said, when we do it, we can see both sets of specs in the post mission report. That's how I even know for a fact that the two kill counts don't always match up when you compare them, and that the person doing the most damage won't always have the highest kill count. 

So, tell me again why you think that I'm not able to voice my opinion and present facts regarding this? 😉

So the event design isn't a problem *for you.*  You enjoy it the way it currently is.  That's fine.  That doesn't mean other people are wrong or need to be shouted down.. Just that the issues don't apply TO YOU.  And I guess a gold star for no AFK?  Not sure what else you expect there.

As far as the end of mission screen, my understanding is that "damage done" is literally just "how much health bar did you get rid of."  If someone has really poor timing, they could get Most Damage Done and have zero kills at all, because I believe kills just bases off whoever got the last hit.  Ie, I hit every enemy for 95% of their health bar, but fail to knock them down.  Someone else gets credit for all the kills, even though I did most of the damage.

As far as the "most kills" in the normal mission results and the "Executioners defeated" not matching up, I'm sure there's some weirdness with how one or the other is counting it.  Maybe one is just tracking "last hit," and the other is actually factoring in who did most of the damage.  Without knowing the math I don't know how you'd be sure.  And since the mission results have no effect on anything as long as the Tenno don't have a negative score, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Some people don't notice that there is a second tab of mission results (also happens with Onslaught) and assume that the "special" results screen replaces the normal one.  The UI doesn't do a great job of highlighting that there is a second page or that you can switch, so it's pretty reasonable that people don't know it exists.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's how I even know for a fact that the two kill counts don't always match up when you compare them

Not sure what you're trying to say here. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, tell me again why you think that I'm not able to voice my opinion and present facts regarding this?

I nor anyone else said that - infact it feels as if you are coming off that way.   That's nice that you think this event is perfect, I disagree. I think it could've been much better for what it has going for it and improving some other things too. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I have the event rewards, the captura scene, the colour palette, sigil and emblem (or as I call them, the two "spray of water looking things"),

Neat, I like your description for them. I too have them. https://imgur.com/a/WazdJKX  Obviously didn't need any mods, so didn't get any.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

From this I can deduce that your deductive skills are badly flawed. 

Eh, to be fair I did edit just incase I was wrong there. I guess you really do enjoy this event, good for you! The rest of us who don't like it have a right to our opinion as well, and as such don't deserve to be talked down to as if we're somehow wrong or our opinions insignificant. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Careful, you might hurt your back if you pat it too hard.  Because of how this even can be afk'd, just because you "didn't" doesn't give you any extra points.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Neat, huh? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

As far as the end of mission screen, my understanding is that "damage done" is literally just "how much health bar did you get rid of."  If someone has really poor timing, they could get Most Damage Done and have zero kills at all, because I believe kills just bases off whoever got the last hit.  Ie, I hit every enemy for 95% of their health bar, but fail to knock them down.  Someone else gets credit for all the kills, even though I did most of the damage.

Yes, that's one reason why I can't agree with the calls to add our "number of kills" to the pearl reward per mission. Another is that they'd also still need to balance it by increasing the pearl costs of everything. 

As far as the "most kills" in the normal mission results and the "Executioners defeated" not matching up, I'm sure there's some weirdness with how one or the other is counting it.  Maybe one is just tracking "last hit," and the other is actually factoring in who did most of the damage.  Without knowing the math I don't know how you'd be sure.  And since the mission results have no effect on anything as long as the Tenno don't have a negative score, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Doesn't seem to be anything like that. It's usually just that the game summary is off (down) by one kill sometimes. Don't know if it's when you die but still score the kill or something. 

Some people don't notice that there is a second tab of mission results (also happens with Onslaught) and assume that the "special" results screen replaces the normal one.  The UI doesn't do a great job of highlighting that there is a second page or that you can switch, so it's pretty reasonable that people don't know it exists.

Nothing wrong with that, but on our side we see both "game summary" and "progress and rewards" offered at the top of the screen. That's why I mentioned it as something that we can see. As I said it's something that I check to see how I compare to my previous runs. It's how I spotted the discrepancy. 

18 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

So the event design isn't a problem *for you.*  You enjoy it the way it currently is.  That's fine.  That doesn't mean other people are wrong or need to be shouted down.. Just that the issues don't apply TO YOU.  And I guess a gold star for no AFK?  Not sure what else you expect there.

Right, so the "shouting down" is reserved only for the people who aren't joining the bandwagon? Got it now. I'll do up my placard with "Only the vocal minority we favour is allowed to vote". 

Also if you are sharing gold stars (or similar cosmetic rewards that don't count for anything) can mine look like this? 🌟

Because at the end of the day that's what everyone else here is claiming they want, enough to AFK for hours on end. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Right, so the "shouting down" is reserved only for the people who aren't joining the bandwagon? Got it now. I'll do up my placard with "Only the vocal minority we favour is allowed to vote".

Thank you for admitting it.  Because you do seem to be the one being condescending and patronizing to basically everyone who dares to think that the event isn't perfect, and writing off everything they have to say as irrelevant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Another is that they'd also still need to balance it by increasing the pearl costs of everything. 

That means you find 50 minutes a reasonable amount of time to get ONE of the 2 'higher tier' beach balls most of us don't, so no - they wouldn't need to increase the cost. They either need to lower the cost to what the lower tier balls are (200-250ish per) or increase the amount of pearls we get or have the timer go down as we get more kills up to an amount (say 50). 

Thank you for admitting it.  Because you do seem to be the one being condescending and patronizing to basically everyone who dares to think that the event isn't perfect, and writing off everything they have to say as irrelevant.

Exactly this.

Edited by Tinklzs
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nothing wrong with that, but on our side we see both "game summary" and "progress and rewards" offered at the top of the screen. That's why I mentioned it as something that we can see. As I said it's something that I check to see how I compare to my previous runs. It's how I spotted the discrepancy. 

I assume this in response to my imgur link? I took that screenshot just as the mission scoreboard shown up (if you pay attention it flashes up, then the screen you talk about appears for 2-3 seconds, then the loading screen afterwards).  As you can see here ..>https://imgur.com/a/0KCdjOZ      I simply posted these to show I didn't use the afk method nor are you rewarded differently for the method chosen (be it leech/afk/play). Seems in the first imgur link it didn't show the other 3 SS's I posted so I added those in this one.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes, that's one reason why I can't agree with the calls to add our "number of kills" to the pearl reward per mission. Another is that they'd also still need to balance it by increasing the pearl costs of everything.

A simple fix would be to reward extra pearls to *everyone* based on the total Executioners defeated.  So the "l33t" Veteran players would still be helping THE TEAM by playing their best.  And the mythical "new players" that you want to protect would be getting rewarded for doing their best, even if they don't do THE BEST in a team.  People would be rewarded for participating rather than having an incentive to AFK, and it wouldn't turn the match into some kind of passive aggressive PVP where whichever player has the lowest ping and best reflexes is incentivized to "kill steal" and make sure no one else gets anything.

And no, they don't need to adjust the costs of the Nakak store, because the prices are honestly unreasonable for a "just for fun" event that people should be playing to goof around.  Rather than the current situation, where people who want *just the mods* are being asked to grind for HOURS of real time in a mission where having fun, or even participating, is totally irrelevant as long as the score is greater than zero when the timer runs out every five minutes.

40 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Did I though? Or is that something you read into my post? Because it's not in what you quoted, which leads me to wonder if I did, or if I can apply the same turn and say that by saying that I did, that you admitted that it's always been a two sided street. And I point out that that the folk on the other side have openly advocated actions to garner reward by unsportsmanlike conduct. (Advocated is the operative word.) 

25 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

That means you find 50 minutes a reasonable amount of time to get ONE of the 2 'higher tier' beach balls most of us don't, so no - they wouldn't need to increase the cost. They either need to lower the cost to what the lower tier balls are (200-250ish per) or increase the amount of pearls we get or have the timer go down as we get more kills up to an amount (say 50). 

But you see there's the rub. It's not about what you or I or any other vocal minority may think. It's about the community as a whole, and most importantly, what DE think. The point of the cost was to get us to play the mission, perhaps over the course of years. Kind of doesn't make sense to undo that while the mission is on. 

My personal guess is that the items will be around again. Perhaps in a bundle. Perhaps next year they will be cheaper. Perhaps they won't. 

19 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

I assume this in response to my imgur link? I took that screenshot just as the mission scoreboard shown up (if you pay attention it flashes up, then the screen you talk about appears for 2-3 seconds, then the loading screen afterwards). 

Like I keep saying, the tab's always there for us, from the instant the victory screen comes up (even before the word "victory" I believe) right through until we exit it into the orbiter. We have a brief window to swap before the load screen, and can do so at leisure after. Once we exit, only the progress and rewards can be viewed by the last mission results tab. I know this because I have paid attention. You're free to verify if you like. 

I'm not saying that you guys don't have what you describe, but rather, pointing out what we have. I also explained why I like to check that tab, and the fact that I have noted occasional discrepancies between the two sets of results. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But you see there's the rub. It's not about what you or I or any other vocal minority may think. It's about the community as a whole, and most importantly, what DE think. The point of the cost was to get us to play the mission, perhaps over the course of years. Kind of doesn't make sense to undo that while the mission is on. 

Short(er) Version: DE does what DE wants, but I'd like to know why DE does these things. I get that the event will come back. I want to know when, how often, and whether the offerings will also return. I also want to know what the purpose of the event is. I don't mind if it's just a seasonal distraction. Those can be fun and can be a nice break from the core game play. But attaching a huge grind to it kind of makes it look more like a chore than a break.

Basically, I want to know if this is going to be indicative of future things to come. The direction DE is taking the game is important to me so I assess whether this ship is sinking (for me) and if I need to get off. DE gave us so little information that it's really hard to make an informed decision about what to do (or not do).

Long Version:

Yes, high costs might encourage people to play the event when it comes back (at least for players who are comfortable with a "get it over time" approach). But there are less heavy-handed methods to accomplish this. Wouldn't simply handing out similar rewards as they did for tiers 1-4 already accomplish this goal? Unless the goal is to make us play the mode many times. Arguably the "better" way to do this would just to be introducing more rewards (I imagine recoloring a roller floor doesn't take all that much effort). 

But the more important question (for me) is why does DE want us to play this mode so many times?

Yes, WF is full of grind, so the event being grindy is not in and of itself that surprising. But most of those grinds actually result in something that will (probably) be useful later. You grind Ostron and Fortuna rep because there is equipment locked behind the highest rep. Nightwave has shown that having access to Profit Taker is also something that is "beneficial." You grind MR for mostly no reason (after a certain point) but it does give you slightly higher rep/trace caps and more starting mod energy. Even the grindier alerts gave us weapons or armors that we can use when we play the game normally. And those alerts usually let you play how you want - you still have your powers and your weapons.

Dog Days has basically none of these things. Nakak's rewards are all cosmetic in nature and almost nothing you've invested into your account previously has any bearing on how powerful you are (I'm ignoring certain auras and set mods that I suspect DE didn't intend to work). 

I get that nobody is "forced" to run the event because the rewards are just cosmetic. Do it if you want to (and/or can stomach it). I don't really have any beef with that argument. I do, however, find DE's recent decisions somewhat concerning.

For instance, first we got the Sibear, which requires a lot of Cryotic. Lots of older accounts already had those stores (back in the days when we farmed excav for R5's). Some people complained, but some people said it was fine. Then we got the Hema, which requires a ton of Mutagen Samples. Then there's the whole debate about whether or not this is overcosted or not. I'm not interested in which side is right, I'm just want to point out that it's plausible the Sibear was DE testing the waters, and the Hema was DE pushing the limits to see how far the player base will bend before it breaks. Note that Mutagen Samples only come from two tile sets, and one of them is significantly better than the other. In either case, you are generally forced to fight a specific faction. In the case of Excavation, you had freedom of choice with regards to tile set and faction.

Now we have Nightwave which "forces" people to do (somewhat varied) things (that are a part of the actual core game). And then we got Dog Days, which has nothing to do with the core game and "forces" you to do a single, very specific thing for a long time (as compared to a Nightwave challenge). Again, we went from "sort of a grind for some people" to "more of a grind for more people." And we also went from "sort of do what you want, how you want" to "do this one specific thing in this very particular way."

The possibility this is becoming a pattern is what scares me. And/or the possibility that DE's idea of "reasonable" and my idea of "reasonable" no longer overlap.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ascarith said:

But the more important question (for me) is why does DE want us to play this mode so many times?

Tongue in cheek answer is so that we're distracted during extra credits weekend. 

Actual answer is probably that they expect the majority of us to NOT get all of the rewards. Remember that the forum is an echo chamber, we're all pretty heavily invested in the game, or we wouldn't be here. We are most likely to be in the top few percent of all players, and most of us are going to want to do all of the things. More importantly we're likely to want to do all of the things right now

But even among us, we all go for particular niches. I dislike conservation, but enjoy the fishing. Nightwave is a way to encourage us to do the stuff that we can do and just don't feel like. It's a way to remind us that there's actually an enormous amount of content that we skipped over. 

It's designed so that we don't have to do things that we really don't want to, and we'll still probably get all of the rewards. There's nothing "forcing" us to do any of it, just ourselves wanting to do it. 

It's not like this is the first seasonal event we've ever had. And it's not going to be the last. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

First it's not non-stop.

Second, you missed one more calculation. 9.75 hrs/10 days = less than an hour a day. 

Third, a large portion of your 5.8k pearls can be skipped, because many of the rewards are found in game, on a node that we have to run repeatedly anyway. 

No, because I haven't run into a pug with 3 leeches. I saw one dude who tried to encourage the group to afk, and got told off. 

But if I were to run into such a group, I'd be happy to actively find the enemies and let them gank me repeatedly. 

I'm suggesting that it's challenging because for a change the results screen shows us what you're capable of, instead of what your OP minmaxed frames and weapons can do while you afk. Results based on reality, not power fantasy. Neat concept, huh? 

Pretty sure you missed the point. You need to play NON-STOP 9 hours and 45 minutes total amount(not even counting the time lost on the loading screen and transitions). Non-stop means the total time you need to waste to obtain the required amount. The time which you cannot pause or escape from. Which is this event that have matches of 5 minutes. You need to do those 5 minutes yes or yes. Sure, you can just do whatever and just do one hour a day during the time left for the event to end. But the idea is that you WILL need waste  THAT amount of time, same amount, no matter what.... to get everything. Sure, some mods can be obtained on other places but to some people who don't have them(like me on my switch now that my ps4 days are bout to end) it will take ages. On my PS4 I have only four of the mods that are being sold and have repeated of those too! But I lack the others. So.... even if we discount 800 pearls from me it is a lot of time to obtain everything.

That, and what is your idea? How can you see this event and say "... a event that everyone is the same no matter the mastery or blablabla". Holy....

How can you call someone a leech if there is nothing to... well. Leech. Are they dying? If they hide or jump on some things the AI can't find them or hit them so your whole complaining about "leeching" is pretty much a lie. Hell, I like that tittle. Treehuggers. We konoha space ninjas now.

There is no challenge. Really. The AI isn't that great at all. Their path and strategy(if we can call it that) is just blitzkrieg(very slow one too). There are no different enemies with special effects or random skills to make this "a challenge" but if you find this to be a challenge..... Well. Nevermind.

Just gonna point out that the frame and stuff don't matter but it doesn't necessary translate into "fun" either because effort = nothing in this event. Which is the problem.

Look. I'm a pilot. I have work and university. I wake up at 6AM and get to work at 7:20AM till 12:30PM which I go eat for a hour till 1:30PM... then work till 7:20PM and go to university(already 30 minutes lates always but some sacrifices are needed and sometimes I'm even one hour late) till 10:30PM.... then go home, brush teeth, take a bath, prepare and eat dinner etc.... I can take one hour to play warframe to unwind and so far this is the most tidious event I have been hit with because the only days I can play are Sunday and Friday which again. I rather go watch movies and I have the Saturdays a reunion of a charity group which we plan what to do each five reunions on the needed houses or communities of my country. Like going to a school and taugh them some stuff or go play with some orphans/elderls. Maybe help a school without the founds to make a garden with the kids?

Even if I wasn't on University, and I remember clearly that to school it was wake up and go to school at 7:30AM till 3:30Pm and then I helped my mom and dad. Having like three or fours hours to play till time to bed. I'm not alone and I know for a fact there are some people worse than me on their agendas so... again. If effort was considered then fine. But this is just a big waste of time and they are giving limited time stuff that you wouldn't be able to get anywhere else.

Pretty sure that some would say "then don't play the game, duh" but that isn't the idea. I like warframe. I want to play it and like to unlock stuff. There is this video called "100 days of warframe" by mashed that describe this game and why I love it so much. How you start with nothing and slowly grind up till you get there on the aceptable tier.

P.S. I do agree on people joining public matched and not doing anything being wrong... if they want to do that then do it solo. Some people want to see how many kills they can get and break some short of personal record. Mine so far is 90 points to us vs 6 to them but was done before the "trick" became public.

Edited by (PS4)Blueknight014

I can not believe the amount of griping going on about this great event. It is silly, light hearted fun that can be done over a span of 10 days. 8 now. For the number of people pissing and moaning about how long it would take to do this event to get everything, they could have done it already, or they can do it leisurely an hour or less a day until the final day.

Considering how many people complain there is nothing to do in this game, the whole gripe fest is asinine to the extreme. If you want Kela's mods, go do her Rathum, if you want the floofs and other beach toys, do the event. If you have to get it all RIGHT THIS MINUTE, then put the time in. If not, shut your holes. The event will come back and guess what? You can get the stuff then. This is why we can not have nice things.

This kind of complaining is why DE may start to NOT listen to its community. Griping about how long it will take you to get some toys is ridiculous. Have a beer, get together with some of your friends, and have a blast squirting Grineer with virtual water. You may find it improves your aim gliding and deflection shooting while you're at it.

44 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Considering how many people complain there is nothing to do in this game, the whole gripe fest is asinine to the extreme.

In their defense, Dog Days doesn't address that complaint at all. The complaint is that they ran out of content to run. Dog Days is...not really content, and it doesn't have much that innately draws people to play it again (presumably explaining why Nakak has these shinies priced so highly).

I don't have a ton of sympathy for people who complain about not having anything to do (and I say that as one of the people who has largely run out of things to do), because players will always consume content faster than a company can make it. But I would also say Dog Days is pretty lack luster as far as giving those kinds of folks something (interesting) to do.

1 hour ago, Ascarith said:

In their defense, Dog Days doesn't address that complaint at all. The complaint is that they ran out of content to run. Dog Days is...not really content, and it doesn't have much that innately draws people to play it again (presumably explaining why Nakak has these shinies priced so highly).

I don't have a ton of sympathy for people who complain about not having anything to do (and I say that as one of the people who has largely run out of things to do), because players will always consume content faster than a company can make it. But I would also say Dog Days is pretty lack luster as far as giving those kinds of folks something (interesting) to do.

Rubbish. It is fun easy, and light hearted content that people can do leisurely. People ask for events, DE gives them events, people complain. DE gives them meaty content, people complain. There are some genuine things for people to complain about this game. Complaining about this is asinine to the extreme. No one is forcing anyone to do it. There is a ton of time to do it, and the content will be returning, as well as the mods can be obtained in another game mode. Yet still, of course, people whinge like spoiled rotten children, nothing is good enough. Somebody, please call a WHAAAAAMBULANCE.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb CuChulainnWD:

I can not believe the amount of griping going on about this great event. It is silly, light hearted fun that can be done over a span of 10 days. 8 now. For the number of people pissing and moaning about how long it would take to do this event to get everything, they could have done it already, or they can do it leisurely an hour or less a day until the final day.

Considering how many people complain there is nothing to do in this game, the whole gripe fest is asinine to the extreme. If you want Kela's mods, go do her Rathum, if you want the floofs and other beach toys, do the event. If you have to get it all RIGHT THIS MINUTE, then put the time in. If not, shut your holes. The event will come back and guess what? You can get the stuff then. This is why we can not have nice things.

This kind of complaining is why DE may start to NOT listen to its community. Griping about how long it will take you to get some toys is ridiculous. Have a beer, get together with some of your friends, and have a blast squirting Grineer with virtual water. You may find it improves your aim gliding and deflection shooting while you're at it.

I'm not gonna repeat my arguments that debunk your statements again, so here is the TL;DR version:

"Event is live for 10 days!"-argument: Still means you have to play this quickly cobbled together, lackluster and repetitive mode for several hours if you want the rewards.

"Rewards are optional!"-argument: Doesn't mean the grindwall has to be so extremely high. Furthermore, cosmetics matter to alot of players, and personally, I prefer less reweards and a better gameplay-experience.

"The event will come back!"-argument: So will our arguments, why the event sucks, unless something will be done about it.

1 hour ago, Imbarator said:

I'm not gonna repeat my arguments that debunk your statements again, so here is the TL;DR version:

"Event is live for 10 days!"-argument: Still means you have to play this quickly cobbled together, lackluster and repetitive mode for several hours if you want the rewards.

"Rewards are optional!"-argument: Doesn't mean the grindwall has to be so extremely high. Furthermore, cosmetics matter to alot of players, and personally, I prefer less reweards and a better gameplay-experience.

"The event will come back!"-argument: So will our arguments, why the event sucks, unless something will be done about it.

To me "The event will come back!" argument is way too narrow minded. How long till it comes back? One year? Two? How many events have happen in the past and haven't returned? The answer is too many.

So, the event MAY not come back. I don't care what anyone say. That "may not" is not a chance I'm willing to take. This event is heavily time consuming and boring because giving effort isn't or wasn't a factor to get more pearls. That is all. It is all true too. The only ones that will do this are those that want to sit down for around 10 to even 11 hours(counting the time between matches or more specific till that 5 minutes counter starts you add lots of minutes because it last to me a total of 29 seconds) some even have to do it during two days because they don't have the time during monday till friday. Even then, people want to do other things in warframe aside from this and that grinding is just tedious.

There is nothing wrong in the event itself. It is fun, it is hilarious. The idea is amazing and I love it but the reward isn't effort or challenge driven. Making it tedious for those decorations which many people don't or won't be able to get. Moreso to the ps4 players in which the platinum flowing in the marked is cheap and even selling stuff isn't really cutting it for me to get decorations. Not really something to complain but pointing it out that the free decorations that exist out there I haven't found an interactive one(that you move in your ship) so those balls were something I wanted. Then, after getting them.... did you know Kubrows attack the balls? Dunno about kavats because I sold mine to get another one for the codex. But I love to just walk down my gangplang and see my kubrow somer assaulting the balls and send them flying.

To make this thing fun it should give a way to raise the pearl drop rate. Like, as said. Challenges or a counter similar to the Index which kills counter counts towards the number of pearls you will get. Pretty sure a lot of people though it was similar to the index in the idea that you needed a 1-0 to win when in this game mode a tie results in win. Pointing out that a lot of people didn't know this.

3 hours ago, Imbarator said:

Then you sir, did not get the memo. This game is about.... wait for it, this maybe way to much for you, here it comes..... GRIND. As is most free to play games. Maybe you would do better going back to triple A titles, pay your $60 for an unfinished buggy content-less mess....?

I have not come across a single game in all my life that is not repetitive ever. Your argument is just as invalid as anything else. You're taking something that is meant to be lighthearted fun, and turning it into a piss poor personal attack by DE on you for insulting you and your time to play a game that is 1- Free to play, and 2) Is all about the grind.

Honestly, I think you just complain for the sake of complaining. There are just as many or more people having fun with friends playing this silly half arsed cobbled together mess as not.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

vor 2 Stunden schrieb CuChulainnWD:

Then you sir, did not get the memo. This game is about.... wait for it, this maybe way to much for you, here it comes..... GRIND. As is most free to play games. Maybe you would do better going back to triple A titles, pay your $60 for an unfinished buggy content-less mess....?

Grind can be done better than having to repeat the same mission, with the same weapon, the same braindead AI enemies over and over again. There is a reason I like to play WF, but hating on this "event", wich I explained several times in this thread already.

Also, please refrain from making up assumptions and strawmen against me.

Edited by Imbarator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Then you sir, did not get the memo. This game is about.... wait for it, this maybe way to much for you, here it comes..... GRIND

The difference is that in nearly all the other grind, you can do things to mitigate it.  You can do better at the mission to get it done faster, or to kill more things in the fixed mission time (or bring Nekros or Pilfering Khora or Hydroid to and a treasure cat to potentially get more stuff from the same enemies.)  You can team with like minded players to open the same relic and increase the odds of getting the Prime components you want quickly.  You can "git gud" and kill more than one set of Eidolons, or bring a meta build to down Profit Taker faster.

With this event, you don't even have to *participate* as long as you don't die so much that your score ends up negative.  The ONLY thing that matters is the five minute mission timer.  Which means that getting anything from Nakak has an unavoidable, uninteresting, tedious time gate.  You only want the Captura scene?  Great, that's a minimum of 100 minutes of your weekend.  Nothing you do will speed that up.  You can play the hell out of the mission, or you can go watch Netflix and just restart the mission every five minutes.  Because it makes NO DIFFERENCE.  Nothing you do will make it go faster.  And during those 100 minutes, you can't do anything else in-game.  If you only have limited playtime per day (which many people who have real jobs and families and other non-game obligations do) then you have to spend your limited time doing something where NOTHING YOU DO MATTERS.

AFK'ing the mission is going to become more and more common as the event drags on, because after you get bored of playing water tag with the Grineer, there's literally no point in spending any more effort on it than necessary.  There's no reward for doing better, and no point in trying.  The whole reason DE gets away with being a "grindy free to play game" is that they've *mostly* done a decent job of hiding the grind behind gameplay that's interesting, or at least bearable.  In this case, for may people, they failed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

The whole reason DE gets away with being a "grindy free to play game" is that they've *mostly* done a decent job of hiding the grind behind gameplay that's interesting, or at least bearable.  In this case, for may people, they failed.

Exactly. Anyone who defends how grindy Dog Days is misses the point entirely, and doesn't realize how damaging it is. Because if DE thinks that Dog Dags is fine, makes me worry for future events. Grinding for the sake of grinding is bad design, Hema/Sibear are testaments to that, you don't get anything badass for your effort - just 'meh' weapons that are worse than higher tier weapons that perform much better for far less effort.  

I hope DE learns from this, what sucks the most is the effort they put in to make DD further from Rathuum is what could've been used to add on to, rather than take away what players like of Rathuum. 

• Like 3