Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Cheeses in Dog Days

RoksTheWolf

First off, DE, me and my friends request that these cheesy spots get fixed, stat.

Well, I apparently got named and shamed for one of the two afk cheeses I was about to report on here an hour before I posted them because I decided to use it once after we found it, so thanks for that.

Anyways, an hour or two after dog days came out; me and my friends were farming it to death, and at one point I had to go afk for a bit so me and my friends went to find me a hiding spot which I used to afk the whole round. The first spot, which was the spot I used for one round; is to go to the back end of either boat on the map and slide under one of the small pockets back there, while there, the Grineer will have a difficult time shooting the player because they will either shoot the water or the boat itself. The second location, which me and my friends also found (and has yet to be reported by anyone); is bullet jumping on the center tree and standing on the branches, the Grineer can't shoot you from up there due to you being up too high. 

Editor's note: Apparently if the player crouches down in the ocean water in general, the enemy can barely hit you no matter where you are in the water, because the Grineer's water shots hit the water and don't hit the player. As well, the tree cheese seems to apply to most of the trees in the map, their hitboxes should be changed so players will slide off the branches rather then being able to stand on them.

Me and my friends that found these bugs/cheeses: RoksTheWolf, D0eNut, Lavantant, and Zecypher.

Edited by RoksTheWolf
New bug/exploit discovery that should be patched.
  • Like 1

If they're going to fix this exploit, the way to do it isn't to just remove the AFK positions, but to change the way you get the Nakak pearls. I ran for a while with squads, and after some testing we figured out (or rather they did, and I caught on), that you only need 5 points above the enemy team to get all 50 pearls. What they should do is tie the amount of pearls you get to how many points your team has at the end, subtracting however many points the enemy team ended with. That way instead of encouraging AFK tactics, you encourage skillful gameplay. Maybe apply a multiplier on the higher level ones since this way would encourage you to run the lower level missions.

Basically what I'm saying is: Removing the AFK spots won't solve the problem.

• Like 7

Yes this is a giant problem. There's an afk player in every match i'm in and 4 of the matches i had to play on my own because the other 3 guys were jus afking.
If you ask them to move, they get so toxic n start insulting.

Just now, red.jon said:

Yes this is a giant problem. There's an afk player in every match i'm in and 4 of the matches i had to play on my own because the other 3 guys were jus afking.
If you ask them to move, they get so toxic n start insulting.

Take screens, send to support under afk category

They insulted you? Add offensive behavior to agravate their own situation

What's that, they don't attack enemies and enter games only to increase the number of AI enemies? Add a "acting agains the team" to agravate the situation further

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Take screens, send to support under afk category

They insulted you? Add offensive behavior to agravate their own situation

What's that, they don't attack enemies and enter games only to increase the number of AI enemies? Add a "acting agains the team" to agravate the situation further

or just let the AI win to annoy the foolish leecher. but seriously, why would anyone even afk in this little fun mission? or even look for spots on the map where to do it? it's not like this missions are long anyway...

On average, there is one afk person in every Dog Days mission. I'm farming for my third scene and have encountered teams where all four contribute, but I can probably count those times on one hand. The only possible punishes come to the ones that are active in the event - we can lose out on pearls by also lazying off (though that'd be kinda sad), we can choose to fail the mission, but that'd hurt our completion stats and pearl gains once again, or we can carry their AFKing behinds, rewarding their inactivity.

I get it, your parents asked for your laundry, your cat got stuck in the christmas tree, you spilled your soda. I'm not saying any and all afk-ing as soon as it appears is bad, but a whole match? Yuck. I also get that you may have a bad run and keep getting killed while not getting any kills. Still I'd like some order. What I vote for is a "you need to move at least every minute", or "shoot your weapon every 30 sec to stay in the match", "have at least two kills to get the reward at the end" or anything to not reward the inactivity (and lazy behaviour).

I don't mean to come across as negative, mean or anything else. It's just starting to taste a little bit bitter, ya see. Stay well, peoples.