Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The costs aren't even that bad, time acquisition wise

(PSN)JaysInc_

36 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Yeah then it would be about getting shafted by that ultra tryhard on your team that bogarts all the kills and expertly snipes every Grineer you've worked down to low health.  

I'd rather have an even payout and deal with an occasional lecher or better yet figure out a way to deal with the leeching without making the event absolutely miserable. 

Sure, giving the total kills of the team as pearls is probably the best solution, but for sure there will be leechers.
This game mode is only fun for a few rounds, but they want us to play it for too long, also for the players that only care about the rewards, they will afk, leech, exploit or go full meta, no matter the event.

To be honest I think this event would be just great if it was only the 4 missions, sure I also want the rewards from Nakak, but as a event, it's just a small joke(I'm so high, let's get wet) and a borring farm.

Edited by CrazyDarkSonic
  • Like 1

Yeah, this game mode is a drag. They should have at least given us some form of abilities, like water balloon grenades or something. I also despise how there's no enemy balance, as in the faster enemies have the same amount of health and do the same damage. I'm especially sick of that fugitive guy circle strafing around me and being nearly impossible to hit due to projectile speed and seemingly constant lag.

Also, the palette reward is *so* boring and basically just a worse version of the Orokin one. You can't give us a blue and orange squirt gun and then not give us a frickin' NERF palette.

• Like 2

Kinda disappointing that you can't get more pearls through kills. There is literally no difference between skillful highscoring or afking the whole thing which in my honest opinion gives the event a very unhealthy taste. Feels kinda like wasted potential. Instead of making it just be a time gate, allow players to get things quicker if they bother to put in the effort and kill efficiently. Otherwise i do appreciate the effort DE has put into it, creating a new map, enemy models and sounds just for a silly but funny tactical alert.

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 1

I have said it many times before, and I guarantee I will say it many times more: DE keeps making events that are fun for a little while, and then adding a massive grind on top that lasts way longer than the event remains fun. Here, they made a game mode that is fun about a day, and then tried to artificially extend its life by sticking a ten day grind on top of it.

Even though I do quite enjoy this particular game mode, I still don't enjoy it enough to farm all the pearls I would need for every single reward. It would have been much better if it had more variety to it. More weapons, more game modes, something to keep things fresh enough to last all ten days of the event. But, as it is, its way too simple.

7 hours ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Okay...I’ve stood on the sidelines for far too long...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP USING THAT FRACKING STRAW-MAN EVERY SINGLE TIME!

It’s seriously getting on my nerves, and I’m pretty sure it’s getting on a bunch of other people’s nerves.

Disagree with their statement, fine. Exercise your frustration, fine. But for the sake of everyone, STOP USING THAT STATEMENT.

Oh, and just so we’re clear, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I just hate seeing that dumb straw-man used every other post about Nightwave...

I am right there with you. That immediate leap from "I want things to be a little better" to "NO! YOU'RE JUST A WHINY ENTITLED CRYBABY THAT WANTS EVERYTHING FOR FREE!" is obnoxious as hell. All it really shows is the complacency of the one saying it. Because they are too lazy to be bothered by it, no one else is allowed to be bothered by it, either.

I have been trying to argue for Nightwave improvements for a long time, and every single time, most of the "counter arguments" I get are just that. That, and the even more useless "Don't like it, don't play it" line. Its pathetic, really... Especially when it is accompanied by all the verbal back-patting over how superior they are to us so called crybabies.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Okay...I’ve stood on the sidelines for far too long...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP USING THAT FRACKING STRAW-MAN EVERY SINGLE TIME!

It’s seriously getting on my nerves, and I’m pretty sure it’s getting on a bunch of other people’s nerves.

Disagree with their statement, fine. Exercise your frustration, fine. But for the sake of everyone, STOP USING THAT STATEMENT.

Oh, and just so we’re clear, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I just hate seeing that dumb straw-man used every other post about Nightwave...

I say it because this trend of complaining about any little thing on these forums is a slippery slope. This game has gotten so damn easy over the years, and no, it's not because I'm MR 22 who has been playing since before damage 2.0

10 hours ago, Sean said:

lol

I did play it and actually enjoyed it at first, did it enough to where it is simply uninteresting and doing it further is a chore, not a game.

After a few runs, it's just tedious as there's nothing new in it.

Sure, if you like to do the same thing forever, it's the game mode for you. Perfect for those that enjoy watching paint dry!

So why did you spam it so much 1st day? You know that it will be coming back right? You dont have to get everything instantly and those are just cosmetics with no impact to the rest of the game.

19 minutes ago, kuciol said:

So why did you spam it so much 1st day? You know that it will be coming back right? You dont have to get everything instantly and those are just cosmetics with no impact to the rest of the game.

It was dull by the time the Tactical Alert portion was finished.

This is one game mode with nothing else to it. You do it once, you know how it'll play out after.

It is artificially stretched out by using a grindwall even though it is simpler than even the most generic of missions.

As a nice little diversion, it works.

Anything longer than that it just turns into an uninteresting slog.

Edited by Sean

Just now, Sean said:

It was dull by the time the Tactical Alert portion was finished.

This is one game mode with nothing else to it.

It is artificially stretched out by using a grindwall even though it is simpler than even the most generic of missions.

As a nice little diversion, it works.

Anything longer than that it just turns into an uninteresting slog.

Then use it as "nice diversion" , you had 10 days to finish the alert. There is nothing essential to get from it and players greed is not very good reason to change things.

Just now, kuciol said:

Then use it as "nice diversion" , you had 10 days to finish the alert. There is nothing essential to get from it and players greed is not very good reason to change things.

Except by then it already is dull, as said.

As stated, there is zero variation, so you do it once, then that's it. You've done all you can within this one game mode.

If you like to play one game mode with one interesting mechanic and nothing beyond that, go right ahead, enjoy it.

I prefer to play a mode that has at least more depth than this.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Except by then it already is dull, as said.

As stated, there is zero variation, so you do it once, then that's it. You've done all you can within this one game mode.

If you like to play one game mode with one interesting mechanic and nothing beyond that, go right ahead, enjoy it.

I prefer to play a mode that has at least more depth than this.

Which one? Defense? Index? Or maybe exterminate? Again you had 10 whole days to finish alert, you didnt need many points for it and you still complain. 1 match a day would suffice but you are greedy and had to spam it. Even if you dont want to play it then fine, its not like you really need anything out of it and you still get credit booster. 

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

Which one? Defense? Index? Or maybe exterminate? Again you had 10 whole days to finish alert, you didnt need many points for it and you still complain. 1 match a day would suffice but you are greedy and had to spam it. Even if you dont want to play it then fine, its not like you really need anything out of it and you still get credit booster. 

One match a day? What?

Have you not seen the Nakak Store?

It takes 81 matches to get everything if you don't have the mods.

This is 8 hours (including load times / dialogue) of JUST. ONE. MODE.

Edited by Sean

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

One match a day? What?

Have you not seen the Nakak Store?

It takes 81 matches to get everything if you don't have the mods.

This is 8 hours (including load times / dialogue) of JUST. ONE. MODE.

And? The event will come back you know? You dont have to get everything today, you dont need anything ever from him. Those are just cosmetics, you can live without sigil that you wont ever use , trust me.

Edited by kuciol

Just now, kuciol said:

And? The mode event will come back you know? You dont have to get everything today, you dont need anything ever from him. Those are just cosmetics, you can live without sigil that you wont ever use , trust me.

You are completely missing the point.

This game mode is just that: A mode. A very shallow one, too, as it has very little going for it.

It works as a Tactical Alert that would happen probably once a year, but beyond that, it has nothing really going for it. Your second mission of it will play the same as the third, fourth, fifth, etc, etc. Once the gimmick / newness wears off, there's nothing to it and the grindwall for even just the basest of items only looks like a chore.

If you enjoy shallow game modes though, then great. Go play it. Nothing is stopping you from enjoying it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

You are completely missing the point.

This game mode is just that: A mode. A very shallow one, too, as it has very little going for it.

It works as a Tactical Alert that would happen probably once a year, but beyond that, it has nothing really going for it. Your second mission of it will play the same as the third, fourth, fifth, etc, etc. Once the gimmick / newness wears off, there's nothing to it and the grindwall for even just the basest of items only looks like a chore.

If you enjoy shallow game modes though, then great. Go play it. Nothing is stopping you from enjoying it.

Because thats what its supposed to be? Silly, shalow for fun little event. Not everything must be god knows how elaborate. Dont like it? Dont play it! You lose nothing!

Edit: something tell me you are missing the point of this alert. Another entitled, lazy vet?

Edited by kuciol

5 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Because thats what its supposed to be? Silly, shalow for fun little event. Not everything must be god knows how elaborate. Dont like it? Dont play it! You lose nothing!

:facepalm:

It would have worked perfectly fine as just that, but instead DE opted to artificially stretch it out by gating numerous items behind a massive amount of grind for it.
"Don't like it, don't play it" is such a cop-out response. All you sound like now is a generic "white knight" cliche'. You can still enjoy the mode even if others critique it. We don't all have to agree on liking things.

5 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Edit: something tell me you are missing the point of this alert. Another entitled, lazy vet?

Just saw your edit.

So I am immediately done with our back-and-forth.

You have just lost all credibility and do not warrant any further discussion as you have just graduated to troll.

Take care now.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I say it because this trend of complaining about any little thing on these forums is a slippery slope. This game has gotten so damn easy over the years, and no, it's not because I'm MR 22 who has been playing since before damage 2.0

It's called the slippery slope fallacy for a reason.

If you want to use that, then please demonstrate how complaining about a repetitive, no skill required gamemode, results in any sort of slippery slope or degradation of game quality.

What pray tell, does having us farm a repetitive, skill-less, and timegated gamemode for 7-9 hours straight, involving running the same mission between 81 - 117 times add to the game? How does it make it better, than say running the same gamemode 20-30 times?

Furthermore, you seem to be conflating difficulty with overly long grinding. There is nothing difficult about the Dog Days alert, in fact, it's probably the easiest Alert to ever be in the game - if anybody has actually lost a match of it, then they should probably just give up playing Warframe due to how terrible they are it.

You just come off as defending DE from pretty valid criticism by practically screeching that the game is fine, and that the players are lazy.

8 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You figure that out for yourself. One is going to find something to *@##$ about anyway

AKA : I said some stupid contradictory statements, and now I've realised that my point was terrible, so I'll avoid answering your question.

You can't complain about people wanting everything easy when your very own advice in this thread was to AFK:

10 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Man this event hasn't even been out half a day and you guys are already crying about actually having to play the game, yet again. Just do like everybody else is complaining about and get one kill and afk the rest of the match. Jeezus

So, really, the only lazy person who wants to skim off others work here is you.

Furthermore, let's examine that last statement in more detail:

"Man this event hasn't even been out half a day and you guys are already crying about actually having to play the game, yet again."

There's a little problem with this - primarily, that playing the Dog Days alert isn't really playing the game. There's no skill to it, there's no use of mods, there's no use of abilities, there's no difference in the type of maps or environments, there's no variation in enemy types, etc...

The Dog Days alert couldn't be further from Warframe as a game - at it's core, Warframe is a looter shooter - you kill enemies, steal their stuff, then use it to make your own stuff better. Rinse, repeat. You collect mods, resources, weapons and frames, then make a build using them, then kill enemies with that. It's a fairly good gameplay cycle. Every time you run a mission you gain some small amount of progress to becoming stronger - even is that progress is a measly 50 endo more to put into something as niche as primed fast hands.

The cycle of Dog Days on the other hand is more like, kill enemies, kill enemies, kill enemies, repeat until 5 minutes has passed. Then repeat that cycle for another 80-odd runs. There isn't really a gameplay cycle to speak of - it's just the same stuff over and over and over again, with no variation and no challenge. The sillyness and drastic tonal change was enjoyable for the first couple of runs, but quickly wears off.

And bear in mind, if you spend several hours playing Dog Days, that's several hours you spend not playing the game proper and actually drawing some semblance of enjoyment form the game. In those hours spent you could have ran a sortie, played some arbitration, grinded index, etc...

TLDR : Dog Days is a bad gamemode. It has no challenge, no variety, and no reward for being good at it.* It is essentially a giant time sink. This would not be such a problem however, if the rewards did not require a stupid amount of grinding to buy with pearls, but as it is, if you want any of the new stuff on offer, you have to pour multiple hours of farming into a single, almost offensively simple, gamemode. If the game mode was in any way deeper than a puddle, this wouldn't be such an issue. It'd still be a stupidly long grind, but it would be more interesting than watching paint dry.

*Compare this, with say, Disruption. In Disruption, there's layers of gameplay - there's considering what sort of frame you want to take - Nova to slow them down? Ivara to put them to sleep? Rhino to ignore the trash and have boosted damage? Etc... Then there's the choice of what mods that go into the frame, and what mods go into whatever weapon you've chosen. All of this occurs before you've even started the match.

Then there's the match itself - you can either activate the keys one by one and play it safe but slow, or activate multiple keys at once to run through the gamemode quicker, but with higher difficultly. Furthermore, if you complete the gamemode better, the rewards cycles improve. The more keys you activate successfully, the quicker the rewards scale up.

In regards to the gameplay, the hunting down of the disruptor is a change to the normal "obliterate everything within 50 meters" style of Warframe combat, and serves to make it a more offensive and aggressive form of mobile defense, and the different effects that occur on using a key results in a small degree of variation for every round, thus making the gamemode fractionally more interesting and fresh than it would otherwise be,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

:facepalm:

It would have worked perfectly fine as just that, but instead DE opted to artificially stretch it out by gating numerous items behind a massive amount of grind for it.
"Don't like it, don't play it" is such a cop-out response. All you sound like now is a generic "white knight" cliche'. You can still enjoy the mode even if others critique it. We don't all have to agree on liking things.

Just saw your edit.

So I am immediately done with our back-and-forth.

You have just lost all credibility and do not warrant any further discussion as you have just graduated to troll.

Take care now.

Thanks for proving my point. Those items are non essential to the game, nothing will happen if you wont get them.