Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Need Some Love 2

Tahlrah

So since the last event... a few mods are bugging me.

Especialy mods like Metalauger.... look at it... max it... laugh about it and add shred to your weapon...

Metalauger 0.6 pen on max level with a cost of 15 point while shred at maxed level 1.2m Puncture AND 30% attackspeed and that with costing only 11 points... 

Lets think about that agian.... and laugh at Metalauger some more especialy when you compare it to Speed Trigger on strength to the dual mod.....

Same thing with Hammer Shot ...
60% crit AND 40% stun... lets take a look at Thunderclap.... and start laughing again.... 

Thunderclap has maxed out the same cost.... and is horrible weak with its 15% against the dual mod

My Suggestion would be to buff singlemods that need it so that they atleast exceed the stat on the dual mod OR weaken dual mods

Ps for all the haters now yeah i know i should be happy bout that but screw it.... it buggs me to hard while playin

MFG Tahlrah

more like buff the rifle mods, cuz right now compared to pistol mods, they are just ROFL mods

yeah... the armor piercing change made pistol mods completely absurd vs rifle mods..... shotgun mods allow high numbers too and up to 150% AP dmg..... when are rifles gonna get the love?

buff mele crit mods,

and buff every melee weapon, charge x3 base x5!

when they remove propelling melee bug and give either friendly fire or make bullets go through squamates sure..... i can support this when that happens

But for now, no ..... we don't need more idiots flying around and blocking shots.

when they remove propelling melee bug and give either friendly fire or make bullets go through squamates sure..... i can support this when that happens

But for now, no ..... we don't need more idiots flying around and blocking shots.

copter was a bug, got moved into a feature, same as the tribes, skying was a bug, got reworked into a feature, melee right now is S#&$, you deal 1,6k max with the dual ichor (including berseker speedbuff)

boltor deals roughly 7k, while beeing save, staggering and good chance of aoe effect. if you can't position yourself or play with a team that can position yourself and you get blocked by other people you have serious problems everywhere

copter was a bug, got moved into a feature, same as the tribes, skying was a bug, got reworked into a feature, melee right now is S#&$, you deal 1,6k max with the dual ichor (including berseker speedbuff)

boltor deals roughly 7k, while beeing save, staggering and good chance of aoe effect. if you can't position yourself or play with a team that can position yourself and you get blocked by other people you have serious problems everywhere

Have you read and thought before writing? You mean call a feature something exploitable under certain conditions related to fire-rate and upping it with mods, only achievable with certain weapons for the said reasons? LOL

And if you are thinking the game only in terms of elite positioning with teams, then please go away and ruin some other game :3, since this game is supposed to be viable playing online you know? There's enough grief online as it is

Have you read and thought before writing? You mean call a feature something exploitable under certain conditions related to fire-rate and upping it with mods, only achievable with certain weapons for the said reasons? LOL

And if you are thinking the game only in terms of elite positioning with teams, then please go away and ruin some other game :3, since this game is supposed to be viable playing online you know? There's enough grief online as it is

I don't know when you've started to play warframe, they've removed the copter mechanics, gave the slide attack a cooldown but removed it because of the uproar, since they've removed it "the fix", it's a feature now.

and about griefing griefing is done willingly, if someone griefs, they grief because they want to, if someone wants to melee, it doesn't make him a troll, yes melee is useless right now so it can be considered trolling on higher tier. since it's wasted dps and efficiency. but forcing other to move away from you because you want to play the way you want? 

I should ask you do you ever read and think before you write?

edit: according your logic, anyone that stays before you is a griefer, so please guys if you ever play with eisvogel never stay in front of him also don't stay on his sides so you might block his sight and target if he turns around, if you ever play with eisvogel just stay afk in the spawn so you won't ever block eisvogels bullet.

also according to your logic eisvogel, DE should remove melee right?

Edited by Seira-EGT-

-snip-

I play from around WF going Open Beta by the ends of March. Calling it a feature just because they removed the limitation to something due too much <unnecessary mean word>s QQing, doesn't make it one (again, you can't do it with any melee weapon, that alone is proof enough). Also, don't mistake sliding and spinning for the win, with the jump melee propeller.

About removing melee? Nah, im all up to making melee more usable and making stealth viable (stealth hitting an enemy, not killing it and alarm them it's so ridiculous that i can't even laugh).... but i am not so foolish as to blindly encourage more melee before the game can cope with it, and not becoming more of a hindrance to the game than anything else.

I know you only care about your high elite view about your damn self, but i also think about the game in general and even more, about the new players and what world would they have to deal with... not only my own views, that could just as well be as narrow as yours.

And no, not everyone griefs because they want to..... take vauban for example when it was released, with no mastery requirements or anything..... you'd see people that maybe didn't even grasped the basics of the game using vortex.... and it would mess up people, sometimes make em die on toxics or get stuck until vortex ended...... and while i am quite sure some people just trolled on purpose, i also know some people just didn't know enough or played the game enough to use it properly.

But all of this, has nothing to do with this thread.... i think i've answered all of your points.... if you need anything else, feel free to pm me and avoid derailing OP's thread.

Edited by Eisvogel

-snip-

making 1hit stealth is stupid, anything else won't work ins tealth right now.

I don't see anything elite in my view, your view right now is just spray and pray, don't look for yourself position yourself nothing just shoot (cod much?), newbies also want to melee I often run around with newbies see them help them, they often go melee simply because they like it over the gun,

and about griefing that's not griefing that happens, newbie mistakes, that's not griefing nor does that count it as griefing, a player sees what happens and learns from it, problem solved, if not explain it to them. it's not like it happens again and again and again.

you're talking about buffing rifle mods, rifle mods are strong enough, I think it's better that way that armorpiercing remains like that there's no need to adjust the rifle to the pistol if these mods are good enough.

the op talked about fixxing mods in general which got outshined hard by dual mods (metal auger and thunderclap, you came and QQ about rifle ap too weak compared to shotgun mods.

melee needs to get buffed first before buffing your idea of ap mods on rifle. so it has to do with op's thread

you get in and QQ and thanks for shutting up ;) never talk to me again

Edited by Seira-EGT-

thx for getting it back to the main purpose ( i understand both of your concerns though and i truly have to say... neither of you is entirely right or  wrong :) )

we wanna talk about (like Seira-EGT- and me said) the dualmods and the shadowed singlemods so pls keep it that way...

i dont want to read about buff this or this mod... what i want to talk about is how to balance some of the mods like metalauger thunderclap etc

as of my opinion... a simple mod CAP swap for metal auger and shred would do the trick

also an increase of metalaug to atleast the same puncture as shred

that would still make shred the better mod for sure but you can reconsider if you need the extra attackspeed and invest more cost OR take the lower cost mod and add something else for the cap

I agree. I understand tiering our weapons, but mods SHOULD NOT be tiered!

I don't care if the mod has one or two stats, but the bonuses it gives should be relevant to mod consumption.

Equipping one mod and another mod should have a greater effect than equipping the one Dual mod.

Take Wildfire which grants 60% Fire Damage and 20% Magazine capacity and costs 9 Capacity.

Magazine Warp grants 30% Capacity and costs 9 Capacity

Hellfire grants 90% Fire Damage and costs 11 Capacity.

So here is the problem. Wildfire is yes, a rare nightmare mod but it's has 1/3 less Fire Damage and 1/3 less capacity than the part mods to make it meaning overall it's 33% less efficient in both areas. It costs only 9 Mod Capacity and takes one slot. The other two while 33% more effective take not only two slots but also costs 20 mod capacity... TWENTY. So for that 33% more effective mods you lose not only a Mod Slot, which are horrifically limited you also lost 11 Mod Capacity. So is that 33% higher stats worth that much of a loss? The answer to that in my mind is "no, it's not"

If you use Magazine Warp and Hellfire you are wasting capacity. I do know some who say that using Hellfire alone is better for damage and it is. Each mod point for Wildfire grants 6.6% Fire Damage and 2.2% Capacity while Hellfire grants 8.1% Fire Damage per mod point. So if you are going for JUST damage or JUST capacity then the base mod is more worth it. It's when you want both that it is more effective to go Dual Mod, which is in a way good. However equipping both component mods should be noticably more effective in  the area that it touches so that if I really want that high clip and fire damage, I should equip Hellfire and Magazine Warp, if I only want decent in both categories I should equip Wildfire.

So since the last event... a few mods are bugging me.

Especialy mods like Metalauger.... look at it... max it... laugh about it and add shred to your weapon...

Metalauger 0.6 pen on max level with a cost of 15 point while shred at maxed level 1.2m Puncture AND 30% attackspeed and that with costing only 11 points... 

Lets think about that agian.... and laugh at Metalauger some more especialy when you compare it to Speed Trigger on strength to the dual mod.....

Same thing with Hammer Shot ...

60% crit AND 40% stun... lets take a look at Thunderclap.... and start laughing again.... 

Thunderclap has maxed out the same cost.... and is horrible weak with its 15% against the dual mod

My Suggestion would be to buff singlemods that need it so that they atleast exceed the stat on the dual mod OR weaken dual mods

Ps for all the haters now yeah i know i should be happy bout that but screw it.... it buggs me to hard while playin

MFG Tahlrah

Made a thread about this a while ago, got told that puncture mods are ok because otherwise they would be god, still not using them even though I have max ones. Waiting for this S#&amp;&#036; to be fixed.