Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe Sliding Towards Less Fun

limorkil

Le 03/08/2019 à 11:05, limorkil a dit :

(...)  Stun-locks, boss invincibility phases, undodgeable attacks, energy drains, slows, instant kill moves - these are all examples of mechanics that make a game frustrating to play.  And it seems like Warframe is quickly becoming a collection of these mechanics. Sure, Warframe has always had most of these, I just mean that it seems like they are taking over the gameplay.

You have summed up Warframe perfectly in one line. ^

1 hour ago, Avienas said:
  • Lots of stuff.

I agree that the mod system need an overhaul - but not getting into that here.

The 'loadout specifically for an enemy' shtick is understandable, but for thumpers specifically they just need a hard hitting weapon that deals radiation damage. First thing that comes to mind is the catchmoon, but you aren't limited to the catchmoon. 

I understand the hate for arbitration drones, but I think they're fine as is because of how powerful we are. Assuming a mod overhaul happens and a general re-balance of weapons, frames etc. becomes a thing, then I'd agree to look into them since the game balance would've shifted.

Agreed on conservation prints being dumb colors - we should be able to customize them. 

As for nightwave challenges, I think they should design 'vet counterparts' to some of these challenges. So a newer player would see 'gilde an amp" and a vet would get "insert something here". Or keep it even simpler and remove things like gilded amp to begin with.

i wish we just had a riven market system where instead of the b.s. that is market chat, players could actually more efficiency buy/sell/trade rivens

I think an integration of https://warframe.market/   /    https://riven.market/ would be a much better idea.   Trade chat is a mess, which is why the community created alternatives - I'm not getting into a one-sided debate on auction houses or anything here, but as it stands we don't need them.

I can agree with the rescue target needing to be more tanky and scale, but I normally run limbo for that. So 55 seconds is plenty of time to get to extraction (and since he teleports to you, he's safe with you with about 20-30 seconds left on banish timer). 

• In plenty of cases its not that D.E. gave us a way out, but that we had such a large selection to work with, it was not that difficult to find ways to resolve things. Even more so when setups can be found that is completely over-looked by d.e. on to cheese new content to the point it could be soloed (Multiple Tridolon takedown as a Volt says hi). Plus you can say FLEXIBILITY, but that only applies in much earlier warframe or a player does not own all the norm used setups which for the most part, have devolved into a near mirror like setup for most weapon loadouts, with only when there is no reason to build for critical & critical damage on the weapon & the 8th slot has to be used for something to fix a major issue a weapon had, like Pyrana Prime, where if you do not slap steady hands on, you are gonna have some janky recoil due to the multishot from lethal chamber and its own passive making it worst, triple so if you use a arcane velocity. Plus most arcanes can easily be ignored still since why would you bring arcane avenger when you can bring arcane grace? Why would you bring a arcane for a specific weapon type when its more beneficial to bring arcane guardian to not get downed as often due to the huge armor bonus that make even trinity without blessing active, able to stay alive for much longer?
  • Its only thanks to very particular nichie builds in very particular content that certain things even get put to use, since how often do you see players using arcane nullifier, outside of eidolons? How often do you see people use elemental resistance mods in place of adding more effective power to a warframe ability in a general environment? Too many things to say honestly.

The game is very easy when you're geared because most things (even those not designed for the task at hand) can be enough to get the job done. Limbo is great for rescues, but you can technically do it with any frame, but Limbo is the "best" because he makes the target invulnerable to damage. Loki w/ augment is a close second.  However, nova/nyx CC'ing the map isn't a bad idea either, or nuking the name with saryn/mesa/volt. 

As for arcanes, the avenger vs grace is an odd argument, do you need survivability or damage?  Yeah some arcanes completely eclipse others that fit in the same bracket, hildryn is the only one that benefits the most (in comparison to other frames) from arcane barrier or aegis. Guardian is pretty much a staple on every frame unless you're comfortable with it, then if you have the 'ability' to stay alive swapping off to other arcanes - then do so.   That is what I mean by flexibility. Need guardian to get used to arbitrations, then eventually shed guardian for another arcane because you can survive the damage or dodge it / whatever.  Now we just need a bit more challenge at higher level content and some rewards to match and a clear and defined level system.

And with a re-balanced system (with mods, then balancing weapons/frames as needed right after the mods and enemies with that) DE can fix and make relevant many of the arcanes (operator, frame etc) that haven't been useful.  I agree some things have a niche that is rarely ever used because it isn't needed. However, the community (and DE) need to realize in order for those things to change and be relevant, a re-balance is in order.  Power creep can only go so far before it collapses on itself.