limorkil

Dog Days is Lame

1 hour ago, sharkstrangler said:

Rudeness at this level with a "deal with it" argument is the exact reason why a lot of feedback doesn't get read in the forums. Could you not be such a $&*^ dude?

This is no feedback forum, this is general discussion.
If you want to give feedback then put it where it belongs.

The OP is also cherrypicking and complains about a goddamn nonsense event that breaks "immersion".

• Like 3

A 10 days long event that's isolated from the rest of the game except of one of the baddies being high on gas and the mask vendor selling event rewards, then all the cosmetic rewards you can get and bring around in mission are very much sober, the sillier ones being Orbiter-only. The downfall of Warframe's stylistic integrity everyone!

This tactical alert is completely fine, really. Only negative comment I can say about it is just how grindy the whole thing is with the 7 hours you have to throw in (at optimal efficiency) to just get 1 of everything, then the guys who got the devs' blessing showing how cool it is if you crammed 1000 beach balls in the same room while you would need around 100 hours to get the same thing yourself.

No need to go down the square with bells and signs, Warframe's not collapsing. People that want their Orbiter silly have the chance to make it such, your experience remains intact if you choose to not partake in the more lighthearted things.

[P.S. about the bells and candy canes, they're there and they're all-year cosmetics just they're for weapon types hardly everyone uses, we then have the shamrock, easter, hallowen and american flag color palettes (though they really only exist in the color picker menu, I'd really be surprised if you were mad even at such a small thing), the dullahan mask, bunny ears, easter ephemerea and christmas orbiter decoration as timed cosmetics, last but not least some all-year-round skins as day of the dead, some glaxion and sonicor skins I don't remember the name of and two other special events: a Halloween event where you fight disarmed and a Christmas conclave event where you fight with snowballs, though that came around only once so far. Warframe isn't stranger to off-canon sillyness and even for the canon stuff you still get some silly things of the likes of Ordis, Darvo, Clem and even some interactions with Vay Hek, Frohd Bek and Nef Anyo, not making any names for the free roam vendors because my memory space isn't infinite and I'm not willing to dedicate any more to WF]

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

Rudeness at this level with a "deal with it" argument is the exact reason why a lot of feedback doesn't get read in the forums. 

You'll have to get used to it my friend, lift a finger here and you'll get a comment like you did. I'm not in favor of the event myself, as other things chuold of been worked on rather then a child's favorite game in the summer time. 

But we all have our own feelings and opinions I guess 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
I can't spell D:

Posted (edited)

People will complain about anything ffs...

About. Any. Thing.

Like they were held in a basement by DE against their will. There's an entire beach and ocean for immersion purposes too.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 hour ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

You quit because off the costumes? not because of the fact that 90% of end game gameplay is locked behind a paywall? or because the community is extremely toxic? or because eso plus keeps raising on price making it more pricy to farm the end game items you need for people to even accept you into their party?

OK, fair point, I didn't quit just because of goofy costumes. I got sick of the end game content because it devolved into a time sink, the ESO dungeons just kept getting longer and longer, and the mechanics became BS-er and BS-er, until the only way you could do anything was if you played with an organized group using voice chat.  And organized groups were often toxic.  I was left with doing level-up content, but that suffered from being FAR too easy.  I could put up with all that IF it was an Elder Scrolls game, but it was like playing Skyrim with Super Mario and friends running round spouting Twitter-esque garbage. 

I'll say one thing for Dog Days - it's more fun that the real arena on Sedna.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, limorkil said:

I'll say one thing for Dog Days - it's more fun that the real arena on Sedna.     

There you go, wasn't that hard is it?

The way you worded it sounds you can't have an ounce of "immersion-breaking" fun, I almost told you to piss off to the boomer nursery

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

And grow up.

You gonna be alright, m8?

It is lame. You win by not playing it. Fun factor is short lived. But it is at least accurate, being inactive or stagnant gets rewards. Anyone dismissing these facts is deluded. 

However, it is stupid not to be practical and just afk all the way to be done with it. I watched F1 qualifying rounds, did some online banking, paid some bills and watched movies in PiP while exploiting the hell out of it. Such fun!

• Like 1

Well I think it was fun, did a couple runs. Was nice getting pulled out of the regular farming.. though, I do not plan to do it for a hundred hours to get all rewards, multiple times.. maybe that's why it's chill to me..

4 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

Rudeness at this level with a "deal with it" argument is the exact reason why a lot of feedback doesn't get read in the forums. Could you not be such a $&*^ dude?

No, the reason why a lot of feedback doesn't get read is because people love to create their own topic instead of posting in the adequate one.

Hint number 1: Not in "General Discussion" but in ... "Feedback" ?

Posted (edited)

My digital cat is enjoying its new digital beach ball chew toy...and that's all that matters....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, limorkil said:

(Sigh) I just seem to be complaining a lot today.

I just quit Elder Scrolls Online because there are so many goofy costumes that any sense of immersion in Elder Scrolls lore is completely gone.  It's been bad for a while but I had finally had enough.

At least Warframe is immersive right?

Why are there beachballs and water squirters?  It's just lame.  Are we trying to pull in 8-year olds now?

Sorry, I'm probably the only person that thinks this is cheap, pointless, and immersion-breaking.  It's just a bit of fun, right?  (Sigh).

You’re not the only one. I’m avoiding it; I dislike goofy stuff like this in otherwise non-goofy games. Destiny’s Valentines, cookie baking, snowball fight crap was tiresome and I was not chuffed to see stuff like it in WF. 

But there’s an easy out; just don’t do it. The rest of the game is still there. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nesodos said:

This is no feedback forum, this is general discussion.
If you want to give feedback then put it where it belongs. 

I was talking broadly about how people respond to feedback generally with rude responses if they don't agree, instead of offering criticism.

I wasn't saying that he shouldn't be a $&*^ to this OP in specificity, but rather be a little less rude in general.

Edited by sharkstrangler

29 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

No, the reason why a lot of feedback doesn't get read is because people love to create their own topic instead of posting in the adequate one.

Hint number 1: Not in "General Discussion" but in ... "Feedback" ?

Read comment directly above.

Terrible, immersion-breaking event. Waiting for Nightwave to reset and playing some Dota 2.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, limorkil said:

I just quit Elder Scrolls Online because there are so many goofy costumes that any sense of immersion in Elder Scrolls lore is completely gone.  It's been bad for a while but I had finally had enough.

Can I have some examples of their goofy costumes? It sounds interesting. I stopped playing due to various reasons unrelated to such things. Mainly loot boxes and poor game design and functionality aspects. You'd have to find my old review on steam that hit the text limit for those details.

if they were shoving the mode down your throat, sure, but unless you read the news or go to the alert page (which nobody really does anymore since they took alerts out, it's just for tac alerts and Formorians/Razorbacks), you don't even see anything to do with it.

just wait it out. eventually Kela will sober up, the Executioners will wash the brightly-coloured paint from their armour, and normality will be restored. oh, and we have proof of getting the Nox's acid spitter for real now, the Soaktron is literally a reskin of it.

I mean i can complain a lot especially since i react allergic to nonsense or wasted opportunities but cmon, how is this not funny and fitting for the current heatwave going on? Like idk, you can even completely ignore it and continue on your "space ninja immersion" just fine but instead you choose to rage over it. Doesn't hurt to have some fun for once instead of serious all the time.

Now excuse me, i must ruin the immersion of some 498679799166795777.gif?v=1

CF5A9037631D94F48FA11AFFAC76FD93E7DED1F1

• Like 1

Although I get what you are saying, I am not sure i agree. 

Firstly the event is isolated,

Secondly it is mission and time limited

Third it is optional.

The (exclusive) rewards are cosmetic only, which you clearly don't want cause they would break your immersion. 

If I saw a Nekros in a regular mission with a water pistol and floater it would indeed be immersion breaking but that is not the case. 

We have many events the year round where you can wear bunny ears, pumpkin heads and jingle bells. 

Also This post is placed in general discussion, everyone can add their views , if you want to give feedback to DE you need to place it in the feedback section. 

This reminds me, I should start running around with a scythe with the candy cane skin equipped again. At least that stayed year-round, which no other seasonal cosmetic item has.

If being a grown up means having less fun then I'd rather stay 8 years old forever.

It's a side event that's meant to be a fun thing to do after you're tired of grinding the same mission over and over again. I'd rather see more events like these instead of boring reskinned/recycled events. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, limorkil said:

At least Warframe is immersive right?

Why are there beachballs and water squirters?  It's just lame.  Are we trying to pull in 8-year olds now?

Sorry, I'm probably the only person that thinks this is cheap, pointless, and immersion-breaking.  It's just a bit of fun, right?  (Sigh).

oh my, this was so edgy that  almost cut me, dude chill out, its a game, have fun for once.

• Like 1