Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days is Lame

limorkil

I mean honestly I don't know what you expect from an MMO. Events push you off, but running around open fields with 100 other ppl all killing constant spawning grown wolves, lions, monsters, doesn't?

That's kind of a big draw in online games is the variety. Ppl like to roleplay, run shops, character customization, etc.. I mean it'd get pretty dull if everyone just ran around in tattered dingy dull colored clothes or the same boring armors.

If you want immersion.. you're honestly better off playing a single player game. Warframe is a game where "ninjas" with space magic, run around fighting clones, monsters, wielding godlike powers, with pets with powers, and top hat moas, and feature crazy over the top characters, along with huge amounts of customization. It's got seriousness to it sure, but serious all the time gets boring..

Even a game like Division 2, many ppl got tired of all the serious swat and tactical gear, and asked for more fun and colors.. 

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

I think anyone who think this event "breaking immersion" kind of misses the point of this event.

It's obviously a non-canon event and it's meant to be breaking the 4th wall.

Still the event is pretty lame considering you are meant to be spending at least 7 hours in order to collect everything at least once but not because of it breaking the immersion.

3 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

funny that this event is basically everything you mention, grinding same mission over&over, map is reskinned/recycled rathuum, and what is fun about it, theres not even winning condition, most people just afk for 5 min.

Not sure about you but I sure as hell don't feel like I'm playing rathuum at all. The only mistake that DE made is making it pve instead of pvp.

10 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Terrible, immersion-breaking event. Waiting for Nightwave to reset and railjack

This (added a bit extra, if you can't tell 😄 )

4 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

its lame and boring (super grindy if your one of those grinding for pearls). Looks like something DE brainstormed during lunchtime

1 hour ago, Wesgile said:

Good job Warframe community.

With most events, yeah. Like I said in my other comment, this event is terrible as other things chuold of been worked on rather then a child's favorite game in the summer time and be released "before new war" (this "fall"). I can grantee we won't been seening New War this year.

Make such events, this happens.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2019-08-03 at 5:30 PM, limorkil said:

At least Warframe is immersive right?

Why are there beachballs and water squirters?  It's just lame.  Are we trying to pull in 8-year olds now?

Sorry, I'm probably the only person that thinks this is cheap, pointless, and immersion-breaking.  It's just a bit of fun, right?  (Sigh).

I think your sense of "immersion" is faulty. Every sesional event in Warframe (and there are plenty) Has a a diegetic skin over it.

It's perfectlly "immersive" because all of these events are presented with in-world explainations. Now, if you were complaining about deviation in "mood", then you might have a point, but even then, temporary mood-shift (Summer specials etc) has a long and storied history across media so If you take issue with them you're going to have a bad time for... the last 40+ years of media.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 2019-08-04 at 9:16 AM, -AiLuoLi- said:

Not sure about you but I sure as hell don't feel like I'm playing rathuum at all. The only mistake that DE made is making it pve instead of pvp.

Yeah lets make it pvp and only winning team get pearls that will speed up the grind alot.

I play it a few times a day. Then I kinda have enough.. My two cents with it:
- I find it a tad boring
- You can't level anything
- No resources are dropping, credits are little
- It take away precious time to do nightwave as my gaming time is limited (and nightwave takes away precious time to do what I actually want to do..)

I "grind" for the fashion frame stuff. Im not into Ikeaframe, but i will grind one "ball" for my companions. I totally ignore the ingame foto stuff. The weapon augments.. Not exactly meta weapons..

On 2019-08-03 at 12:00 PM, The_Mustachio said:

I’m with the OP. How dare DE add seasonal content that’s outside the norm. What are they doing, trying to ease the monotony of the game with some out of the box content. The nerve! I’m going to write my local congressman, and give them a piece of my mind. 

To be fair, DE also forcibly removed seasonal decorations from players orbiters in the past, so apparently immersion is a big deal for DE otherwise who cares if they keep the holiday decorations up all year?

Seriously, everyone chill, the amount of hate in this thread towards someone who simple said he is annoyed by something is astounding. I can totally understand where op is coming from, I absolutely hate these kinds of holiday events in mmos, but in warframe they are mostly fine imo and this one I even kinda like XD

But to be honest, if the tubes where an attachment available all year round, I'd probably stop playing with pubs. That's pretty much the dealbreaker in my opinion, a fun little event to shake things up? Great! But if you logged into ESO in the last 1-2 years walking through a town feels more like playing vr-chat than a Fantasy Roleplaying game.

It's all about balance.

The problem with the grind is that its kind of pointless - you score 1 point and you win if the others dont score. then theres most of 5 minutes with more of the same for no extra gain.

To lift it a little I would have the pearls pay out to be the difference in score between your team and the mob team. That would be an incentive to everyone to score well. A poor win would give you 20-30 pearls but a great win could pay out 100 pearls. Reduce the grind to the floofs and give everyone something to play for.

And you have to consider one thing. I didnt do the exact math, as I dont have the numbers on hand - You have to do like ~ 100 runs (!) to grind everything! In an ideal environment, this takes at least 10 hours (with loadingscreens) - Given you dont pass out serveral times because of boredom. So realistically we are talking up to 15 hours! For essentially Floofs (ok they have physics), a Sigil (wich is kinda nice), an Emblem (wich you cant really tell apart anyway), an captura-scene (totally ignored by me), a boring colour pallett and weapon-augments for weapons wich I have hardly heard of.. Simply put - It robbs time to do the actuall important and fun stuff. Imho - Hell no.. 😄

Edited by (PS4)GuNzDoNtKlLLiiDo